Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do we beat TomP at Parade 07 ?
nine14cats
post Oct 19 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #141

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 18 2006, 07:34 PM) *

If my budget holds out I should have 914 that likely wont be a TTOD car, but it will be nipping everyone's heels. I will plan to go to the Parade next year just for giggles. Given the population of fast 914's in California we have to make a good showing. We need to get Randal in his car to the event too. ..Maybe Bill as co-driver?

I'd be up for co-driver (Nathan?) in my car if somone could help me figure out how to make an adjustable seat that sits on the floor or maybe I can find a fast 6'3" driver.

BPR is entertaining running 3 cars at Parade. The Raby powered car (Randal), Fritz (Bill), and the Spec Boxster (Doris). The only issue will be all the gas costs for the tow vehicles. We have two vehicles. We will need three.

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Oct 19 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Oct 19 2006, 02:40 PM) *

If my budget holds out I should have 914 that likely wont be a TTOD car, but it will be nipping everyone's heels. I will plan to go to the Parade next year just for giggles. Given the population of fast 914's in California we have to make a good showing. We need to get Randal in his car to the event too. ..Maybe Bill as co-driver?

I'd be up for co-driver (Nathan?) in my car if somone could help me figure out how to make an adjustable seat that sits on the floor or maybe I can find a fast 6'3" driver.

BPR is entertaining running 3 cars at Parade. The Raby powered car (Randal), Fritz (Bill), and the Spec Boxster (Doris). The only issue will be all the gas costs for the tow vehicles. We have two vehicles. We will need three.

Bill P.

We need a double trailer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Oct 19 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #143

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 19 2006, 02:55 PM) *

Bill P.

Or just get one of these and haul a trailer behind it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:http://racecar2000.com/ad-photos/18921-mod.jpg)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 19 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #144

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

Bill:
You *need* tiar warmers, ie, second drivers.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Oct 19 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 19 2006, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 19 2006, 02:55 PM) *

Bill P.

Or just get one of these and haul a trailer behind it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:http://racecar2000.com/ad-photos/18921-mod.jpg)

If we could find a good reliable one, like what you showed that would be cool.

An alternative is to use the turbo diesel to tow a double car (flat) trailer ($4-5K) or find a used stacker, the latter being pretty pricy.

Also the stacker trailers are really high, so mileage would be toast.

Wish they did an open stacker trailer. That would use less diesel than the tall enclosed stackers and of course a lot less weight.

Enclosed trailers are better for security.

Options, Options, Options
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 23 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #146

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

FYI, I am trying to talk JP in attending the San Diego Parade, or at least have his car attend parade. I have even offered to trailer the car down. My wife is on board for the visit to the beach. After our poor outing due to tire issues, the Parade up here was just no fun. Just have to wait on the decision from the man...and I am in.

-Britain
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 23 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #147

Nano Member

I just read this one the 2007 Parade Website, it is going to be a long day if they plan to get 400 cars through the course.

-Britain

The autocross will take place Wednesday July 4th and be a one day event. Due to the logistics of providing a safe, fun, driving experience, we are limiting participation to 400 drivers. So if you plan on driving, be sure to sign up early! If you will not be driving, you will want to set some time aside to come and watch your favorite cars sliding around the cones. Check the Parade website often, as we will post more detailed information as it becomes available. See you at the track!

+Quote Post
URY914
post Oct 23 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #148

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 23 2006, 09:38 AM) *

I just read this one the 2007 Parade Website, it is going to be a long day if they plan to get 400 cars through the course.

-Britain

The autocross will take place Wednesday July 4th and be a one day event. Due to the logistics of providing a safe, fun, driving experience, we are limiting participation to 400 drivers. So if you plan on driving, be sure to sign up early! If you will not be driving, you will want to set some time aside to come and watch your favorite cars sliding around the cones. Check the Parade website often, as we will post more detailed information as it becomes available. See you at the track!

I guess cars with headlights will be running at night. Or the course will be REAL short.
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Oct 23 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #149

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 23 2006, 10:38 AM) *

-Britain

Pretty darn optimistic.......run 400 cars in one day. Do the math....
400x60secsx3 runs=21 hours of pure running cars on the clock. Allow 20 seconds overlap between cars and 20 seconds to stage each car, even break. Not to mention the screw up time(timing issues, red flags, reruns, broken cars).

Good luck to 'em.
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 23 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #150

Nano Member

Remember, each car gets 3 runs. We had a hard enough time getting that many cars ran in 2 days and we didn't really have many screw-ups.

-Britain
+Quote Post
eeyore
post Oct 23 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #151

Member No.: 1,533

The usual scheme in San Diego is 2 practice sessions of 4 laps each. Final timed session of 4 laps -- one warmup, three official timed runs. Laps are in the 80 second range. Track goes hot at 9am, and things wind down by 5pm for a 100 car event. That figures out to 1200 car-laps in a day. So, if it is a 3 lap format, 3 times 400 cars is 1200 car-laps.

It'll be close.
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 23 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #152

Nano Member

Yea, but that doesn't take into account all the idiots and jackasses that show up to Parade.

-Britain
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 23 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #153

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

Brit:
My AX fires are smoldering at low ebb at the moment.....it might have something to do with getting slower with each AX this year, but there it is.
If you wanna take the car to the Parade for sure, you'd have to buy it....not cheep.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 11:58 PM