Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CW cheaters, Do you cheat on the street? Or am I alone?
Pat Garvey
post Nov 9 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

CW. I hated that term for a bunch of months, but grew to accept it & like it. Don't guess the conversion guys would feel fuzzy with the term "Nonorgs" either. (i'm sure I'll get heat here, but by now you all should know that I'm opinionated).

Point here is - I cheat! I run my 914 with the wheels & tires I love on the street. I change my foglight grills to my "beater" grills on the street. I run non-original hubcaps on the street (crests). Everything else is flat original.

When i'm going to a concours, all these things are replaced with proper original parts. At least, these days.

Look at the first pic here. It's one I took at a Parade concours. decided to NOT carry the spare parts for concours, so I could compete properly in the auto-x. Didn't work! Place 3rd in this concours (lowest ever) & 7th in the auto-x. Lesson learned. I lost enough points from the wheels & tires to have won the class by 4 points if I hadn't done it. Stupid!. Will never do it again.

But, still, I like my 914 to look different on the street. So, I keep my chromies & A008's ready for street duty. The steelies & 28 year old Pirellis are strictly for high-level concours.

So, am I cheater? Should I bow my head in shame?

Your opinion matters, though not much.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Nov 9 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Nice pic CeeDub... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
RogerYellow914
post Nov 10 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,230

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!

I've got no problem with what you're doing.

-Roger
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Nov 10 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #4

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

Wow....I'm not sure how you sleep at night. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Nov 10 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 9 2006, 07:47 PM) *

CW. I hated that term for a bunch of months, but grew to accept it & like it. Don't guess the conversion guys would feel fuzzy with the term "Nonorgs" either. (i'm sure I'll get heat here, but by now you all should know that I'm opinionated).

Point here is - I cheat! I run my 914 with the wheels & tires I love on the street. I change my foglight grills to my "beater" grills on the street. I run non-original hubcaps on the street (crests). Everything else is flat original.

When i'm going to a concours, all these things are replaced with proper original parts. At least, these days.

Look at the first pic here. It's one I took at a Parade concours. decided to NOT carry the spare parts for concours, so I could compete properly in the auto-x. Didn't work! Place 3rd in this concours (lowest ever) & 7th in the auto-x. Lesson learned. I lost enough points from the wheels & tires to have won the class by 4 points if I hadn't done it. Stupid!. Will never do it again.

But, still, I like my 914 to look different on the street. So, I keep my chromies & A008's ready for street duty. The steelies & 28 year old Pirellis are strictly for high-level concours.

So, am I cheater? Should I bow my head in shame?

Your opinion matters, though not much.

Hi Yah Pat....Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!
Not Really (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Do like I am doing...Just build another 914 to drive..
BUT I DO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) re the parts switching..
These damn parts are Going Unobtainium Quick/ or
pricing themselves into 356 status OR MORE $$$$$!!
Thumbz up to yah.......
+Quote Post
type47fan
post Nov 10 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #6

It Looks Better In Person. . .

Member No.: 1,170
Region Association: Southern California

Pat,

Why obsess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ? What is your alternative? Have two cars? One for the street, outfitted and customized to your suit your vision of what your personal ride should be. One for concours competition that lives in a garage until it is transported in its environmentally controlled trailer to be examined and probed by white gloved strangers.

Relax. You are to be commended (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) for making the most of what you have. You obviously enjoy both diversions and are somehow making it work, for you.

So, just do what you must do to have it both ways. As long as you have the energy and motivation, don't compromise either position. Wear your bling on the street and change into wingtips for the white glovers. . . .

Enjoy,
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:33 PM