Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> coil and crane ignition, OK How dumb am I, have I fried em
kart54
post Mar 4 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,520

Well......

Long story short I now know why my coil was getting so hot. I had the wires reversed. New coil installed and it still won't fire. Now I'm wondering if I've fried the Crane along with the coil.

Do any of you know of a way to check? I also see the tach is supposed to be off the negative side of the coil, is that correct for the Porsche? That's whats in the crane instructions.

According to their instructions its yellow wire from the crane to the negative side of the coil. Red wire to the positive along with ignition button, Tach to the negative side of the coil.

Can anybody with a Crane XR700 or Crane 3000 confirm this for me, please. Any ideas on how to test the crane and the coil?

It's late and I'm done for tomight but I'll be working on it tommorrow in the am. Any help is greatly appreciated since I feel like a complete idiot right now.

Randy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:41 PM