Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fyi, I will take the abuse
aircooledboy
post Jun 17 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #41

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 16 2007, 10:04 AM) *

6. this thread could have been the complete opposite. you had the chance to sell just 1 of them, at the advertised price, ate the $80 some odd loss (chump change for a high roller. write the sale off as a - at tax time), change the pricing immediately after, and had a customer that was more than pleased. actually, this thread wouldn't even exist and the firm had the op to bank some love. you may have even had to endure a "george/aa did the right thing by me" thread. penny wise, pound foolish. your marketing director must be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .

No question. This whole line about "integrity" smells very bad. To be clear: Your people screwed up a price quote, you can ship the part because you have it, and the loss would be about $85, but your "integrity" prohibts you from allowing the deal to be honored? George, sometimes I sell the unbelievable for a living, and I wouldn't try to sell that one on bet.

I was pretty glad to have you here George, and willing to give you a chance to prove your mudd. But I've got to say, the only way you turn around a major black eye here is to honor the deal. Anything else is close to concrete proof your only real desire is to sit on those switches until you preceive a chance to maximize the future benefit you can get from holding them.

Your move George. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
customstarr
post Jun 17 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #42

King of the Nighttime World

From: Waterford, Michigan - Home of Waterford Hills Road Racing
Member No.: 7,531

My two cents (not that it matters)...

Mistakes happen, and only George and God know the real reasoning behind it. If I were George, I'd send the damn part & make a customer happy - that goes a long, long way for future business from word of mouth.

The fact that George posted the details here on this forum = total fuching bull. If he did that to me, you can belive that I would NEVER do business with him again. Period. And if it was worth losing an actual customer for a few bucks, than he's a very poor business minded man. There is a ton of competition out there (even in the 914 world), and it is stuff like this that makes me look elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Twystd1
post Jun 17 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #43

You don't want to know... really.....

Member No.: 2,743

I am so pissed I don't know what to write.

George, don't break your word. That includes your employees word.

AA fucked up. Not the purchaser. Honor the commitment. Give the man his goods for the agreed price.

All this for an 80 buck difference worth of NLA parts...?????
Is breaking your company's commitment to honor it's word worth the 80 bucks?

Based on facts....... Apparently.... YES.

That is a sad commentary on what men will do to retain things.
Where is the honor in that?

Clayton

+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 17 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

Its $80 George...
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jun 17 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #45

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My wife recently read a book written by Paula Dean, successful cook and restaurant owner, TV show Host, HGTV. She said, to be successful in a service business, you have to be willing to humble yourself and think of yourself as a servant to the people you are dealing with.
I feel I am a servant to anyone I deal with when it comes to purchasing items from CAMP 914. I will go out of my way to make sure the customer is happy, I want to make sure they will come back because of a good experience with me.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post Jun 17 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 5,610

Anyone ever notice that the other major 914/ Porsche suppliers seem never to have these type of type of threads? AA has got em about once a month.
Konrad
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jun 18 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #47

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jun 17 2007, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 16 2007, 10:04 AM) *

6. this thread could have been the complete opposite. you had the chance to sell just 1 of them, at the advertised price, ate the $80 some odd loss (chump change for a high roller. write the sale off as a - at tax time), change the pricing immediately after, and had a customer that was more than pleased. actually, this thread wouldn't even exist and the firm had the op to bank some love. you may have even had to endure a "george/aa did the right thing by me" thread. penny wise, pound foolish. your marketing director must be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .

No question. This whole line about "integrity" smells very bad. To be clear: Your people screwed up a price quote, you can ship the part because you have it, and the loss would be about $85, but your "integrity" prohibts you from allowing the deal to be honored? George, sometimes I sell the unbelievable for a living, and I wouldn't try to sell that one on bet.

I was pretty glad to have you here George, and willing to give you a chance to prove your mudd. But I've got to say, the only way you turn around a major black eye here is to honor the deal. Anything else is close to concrete proof your only real desire is to sit on those switches until you preceive a chance to maximize the future benefit you can get from holding them.

Your move George. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

When the Lady "receptionist" (for lack of a better word) quotes a price from the Porsche price list that does not mean that we have it in stock NOR is the price current. Many parts listed in our Porsche factory price list are showing 1.00 when they originally sold for thousands of dollars. We are obgligated to use the factory price tape and that is what happens. People always understand. What is going on here? There was no deal, no confirmation of stock at that price from the "clerk" and I myself had been e mailing the guy.......... Porsche will not honor their price list for the unobtainable and neither will we. We have many many new old stock parts that are still listed in the porsche price system for very laughlingly low amounts. That does not mean that we are going to sell them for these amounts, again COME ON!
By the way I bought the switches for samples to have repros made not to resell and rob someone of their money by selling an overpriced piece easily substituted with the 45 dollar one. I never offered these for sale at any price anyway. (I am sure that from now on all aftermarket companies will substitute the later switch for the earlier one anyway)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mzapisek
post Jun 18 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,188

George,

Whatever happened to the "customer is always right" mentality. If you have a receptionist working for you quoting part prices then you are at fault. It's your business and your folks. If there is a breakdown in communication caused by the wrong people giving out info on your end - you should fix it.

I don't know what your paying yourself but even at $10.00 an hour you have already cost yourself more the the $80.00 price difference with this can of worms.

When I send someone an email I consider it privileged. Your an absolute idiot for breaking the trust of a customer in such a public forum.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 18 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #49

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

I cannot believe this is still going on and AA is dragging it on. The fact it was even posted on here is bad enough. Why should any of us want to do business with you? If it wasn't for the fact that you have parts that cannot be found anywhere else I am sure that we would all go elsewhere. This is a perfect example of bad business.
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 18 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

By the way I bought the switches for samples to have repros made not to resell and rob someone of their money by selling an overpriced piece easily substituted with the 45 dollar one.

George, its not your money thats being spent on the switch. If someone is willing to pay extra for something specific they want then so be it.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jun 18 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #51

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 18 2007, 11:17 AM) *

There was no deal, no confirmation of stock at that price from the "clerk" and I myself had been e mailing the guy..........

Hmmm...the customer claims he verified stock three times...I believe it was written in bold just for clarity. Hell, he even got a confirmation number. Someone is fibbing.

Give it up George. You screwed another one and you know it. Sad truth is...you just don't care.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jun 18 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #52

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif)

Ferg
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jun 18 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #53

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

ok I give up and am bowing out.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sww914
post Jun 18 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

Why not do the right thing instead of giving up? The only thing preventing you from sending this guy a switch is you.
You could loose a little on one deal and impress a lot of people, but you have chosen to do what you want to do, and I don't think that you've done yourself any favors here.
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 18 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

This can all be over with with the simple sale of a OEM switch
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Jun 18 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #56

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Uhhhhh, "don't let the door, you know, .........................." The Cap'n
+Quote Post
woobn8r
post Jun 18 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 7,435

Phew...this is a tough room.....
+Quote Post
914-8
post Jun 18 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 5,461

finally stopped
(IMG:http://www.serve.com/scmc/jpg/dig1.jpg)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Jun 18 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #59

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 18 2007, 01:46 PM) *

ok I give up and am bowing out.

I think the title of this thread says it all:

"I'll take the abuse"

You assume that customer input is ABUSE, tolerated only to fake interest in the opinions stated before presenting a lame excuse about "Porsche made me do it". If your employees don't know the details of your system....don't let them take orders! And don't demean your 'receptionist' because you're negligent in training the help. You've blamed the customer, your employee and Porsche for this 'ABUSE' as you call it; yet it's pretty clear that the blame lies with the guy who put it out there in the first place.

Why would you use a forum of your prospective customers to demonstrate, and confirm, your shoddy business practices? I'm baffled.

It's been entertaining though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
black73
post Jun 18 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 3,801
Region Association: South East States

I think the estrogen level on this board has reached a new all time high.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:22 AM