Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should you responed to a jerk?
URY914
post Jul 17 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #41

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Pat are you reading all this and have nothing to say for yourself?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jul 17 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 17 2007, 01:41 PM) *

f*ck it- I'm Italian.

Like,

Gianni Negromacula?

Paul
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 17 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #43

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 17 2007, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 17 2007, 01:41 PM) *

f*ck it- I'm Italian.

Like,

Gianni Negromacula?

Paul

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I think it would be Giovanni but you got the Nergromacula right on! Schwartzenfleck, Manchanegra, Koho-ele-ele it's all the same. A nasty black stain that just won't go away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 17 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #44

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I like "Skippy"...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
JohnM
post Jul 17 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #45

914 enduro driver

Member No.: 2,387

Kelly- "...sometimes you just have to give a jerk his dog crap back." See link. Hang in there, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-DomnRg72Q
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Jul 17 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #46

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

Well, hello there - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

I read you too have been bitten - I seem to attract a few from time to time as well. As far as the responding part, I have tried every possible response with absolutely no change in outcome - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) First and foremost, well, I started a while back to just smile and be nice and ask questions.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

This was not always the case, and as Aaron and a few others might attest - well, umm, I could get ugly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) - just it was a hair trigger self-defense move....

But, almost, and I must stress "almost" everytime I end up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I have experienced it all - even having someone I have never 'spoken' to, come out and say very, very nasty things to me - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Now, I can honestly say, especially living in South Florida - that those kinds of people, well, you will never - ever get away from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

So in the interest of keeping peace and all, well, I just do this now - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

So what if they are jerks - they were the jerk "FIRST" right???

So well then Happy, HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jul 17 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #47

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

I can't stand it ..... Oh the drama

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

more please

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jul 17 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #48

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(JohnM @ Jul 17 2007, 05:16 PM) *

Kelly- "...sometimes you just have to give a jerk his dog crap back." See link. Hang in there, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-DomnRg72Q

that is tooooooo funny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 17 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #49

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

It is "kinda" funny but it reeks of a major corporation's ad agency attempt at "Viral". Hagar Slacks?
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jul 17 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

OK, my 4 cents.

The post originally really doesn't belong in the Originality and History forum. And Pat's reply is very similar to other posts he's made. He knows he's a stickler. He knows it can be unpopular but that's just him.

The difference between posting here and writing to customer service or sending an e-mail is that the forum is moderated. Pat also is involved at 914club and at 914purist. He has answered numerous PM's I've sent him with questions about my car. And he does it for free.

This place is like having a family. Hey, maybe it's like being married, like every day is a good day but SOME days are better than others! But you just hang in there, let it roll off your back, post in a different forum.

But I for one will not be like the people who write letters to the editor, canceling their subscriptions because of on article they read and didn't like. So I'm here to stay.

I think the post could have been simply moved to the regular forum, but that's just me. I think Pat tried to handle it as diplomatically as he normally does but I don't think he was flaming, he wasn't way out of line, and most importantly, I don't think he behaved out of character.

Finally, I don't think it's appropriate to call another member a jerk. It starts to sound like another one of those "AA horror story" posts where everyone can chime in and take sides and agree that someone is or isn't an a*hole. Like being family, let's move on.

It is a pretty car and like you said, no where near original! Let's hear more about your wins in the Garage or even in the Show Us Your Car section.

Paul
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 17 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #51

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 17 2007, 06:58 PM) *

OK, my 4 cents.

The post originally really doesn't belong in the Originality and History forum. And Pat's reply is very similar to other posts he's made. He knows he's a stickler. He knows it can be unpopular but that's just him.

The difference between posting here and writing to customer service or sending an e-mail is that the forum is moderated. Pat also is involved at 914club and at 914purist. He has answered numerous PM's I've sent him with questions about my car. And he does it for free.

This place is like having a family. Hey, maybe it's like being married, like every day is a good day but SOME days are better than others! But you just hang in there, let it roll off your back, post in a different forum.

But I for one will not be like the people who write letters to the editor, canceling their subscriptions because of on article they read and didn't like. So I'm here to stay.

I think the post could have been simply moved to the regular forum, but that's just me. I think Pat tried to handle it as diplomatically as he normally does but I don't think he was flaming, he wasn't way out of line, and most importantly, I don't think he behaved out of character.

Finally, I don't think it's appropriate to call another member a jerk. It starts to sound like another one of those "AA horror story" posts where everyone can chime in and take sides and agree that someone is or isn't an a*hole. Like being family, let's move on.

It is a pretty car and like you said, no where near original! Let's hear more about your wins in the Garage or even in the Show Us Your Car section.

Paul

Ok Paul... Now you have crossed a line. George IS an a*hole. Just ask him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jul 17 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #52

****************************************************************************************************

I see the tread is now unlocked but moved to the garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 17 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #53

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 17 2007, 07:36 PM) *

I see the tread is now unlocked but moved to the garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

That would have been the more appropriate response. Less caustic, easier to stomach by Kelly. Strange though that Mr. Garvey has not commented.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Jul 17 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #54

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 17 2007, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 17 2007, 02:35 PM) *

Gimme a path to follow to the same success!

You need a path to success?? Paaaaaaaleeeeeeease (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(folks, if you don't follow the forum... this be the guy who drove his awesome 914-6 across country to win in San Diego!!)

Path to success...

As I've said many times before. My car is a 5 footer. I work hard at distracting any judge that gets closer than 5 feet.... Those who have looked at it closer can attest to that. <grin>

BTW, This year's "infamous" demerit was for having the fuel filter (a clear plastic one at that) in the engine compartment, and not a metal cylinder near the fuel pump. I'm still researching this one.

FWIW, the "original" fuel filter on the 914/4 cars was a dark gray plastic, and mounted before the pump, under the car (70-74) or beneath the fuel tank (75-76). Anyone who says different is full of it. The early cars had it slid into a bracket (similar to the channel for the engine tin rubber) on the firewall, mid cars had a semi rectangular slip in bracket aft of the pump on the right suspension console. The plastic inlet fuel line on those cars was longer than that of the earlier cars, IIRC. The late cars let the filter hang loose in the compartment beneath the tank.

No 914/4 ever had the filter in the engine compartment, and no 914/4 had a plastic fuel filter under pressure.

As for the 914/6, the shop manual shows no provision for a fuel filter, just like a carburetted 911. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jul 17 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 17 2007, 06:42 PM) *

That would have been the more appropriate response. Less caustic, easier to stomach by Kelly. Strange though that Mr. Garvey has not commented.

I think we should all post pictures of our cars in Pat's forum just to piss him off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Jul 17 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #56

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *

I can't stand it ..... Oh the drama

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

more please

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

luuuuuuuuuuv THAT AVATAR! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jul 17 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #57

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 17 2007, 07:54 PM) *

I think we should all post pictures of our cars in Pat's forum just to piss him off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

so if I get California Historic Vehicle plates for my car I can then post pics of it in "his" furum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

my car is orignal also....just the way I built it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jul 17 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #58

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Good idea Paul. He might be able to help us get our cars back to original condition! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jul 17 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #59

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
carreraguy
post Jul 17 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #60

It's not your dad's 914!

Member No.: 1,256

I remember the good ol' days when I had a "traditional" concours-level car and it really bugged me when I was referred to as a "CW" on this forum (in its previous incarnation). Pat's tone and attitude do nothing to encourage 914 owners to enter a PCA concours and that's the shame of it all; now I understand better how some concours folk have come to deserve the CW moniker.
The irony of it all is that when 914's do show up at PCA events, they draw a lot of attention and praise. When I saw Scott's beautiful '73 at WCR07 (People's Choice there for Best 914/4), I encouraged him to participate in a regional PCA concours event - well, this past Sunday he entered his first concours and took first place in the "Full" division - not too shabby!
Later,
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:27 PM