Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Certificate of Authenticity, How accurate is yours?
davep
post Sep 23 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #21

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

I don't suppose you have the window sticker?
No rear window defrost, and you live in PA?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Sep 23 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #22

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(davep @ Sep 23 2007, 12:07 PM) *

I don't suppose you have the window sticker?
No rear window defrost, and you live in PA?

Nope! Unfortunately, at that time (&maybe now), I lived in Kentucky. The window sicker was "confiscated" so that sales/use tax could be damanded. Think I do have the original dealers bill of sale, if that will help.

Wouldn't need the rear defrost in PA because I live close to the Delaware river - so our winter temps are moderate.
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 1 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #23

I'm out of touch with the "contemporary" Porsche happenings.

Can someone supply the name of the current CEO of PCNA, and the address?

I'm about to fire off my complaint about my COA, but am fairly certain Fred Scwab is no longer around.
Pat

OK, I know his name is Peter Schwartzebauer. Need his address. Not going to a flunky about this!
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Oct 1 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

Pat, you should really acquaint yourself with a Google, or similar search engine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Your PCNA contact would be Peter Schwartzenbauer (It always helps to spell a dude's name right, eh Matt Garney?)

Address>>>980 Hammond Drive
Suite 1000
Atlanta , Georgia 30328

Good luck with this CoA odyssey, we'll be hoping you don't end up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .

Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

+Quote Post
davep
post Oct 1 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #25

914 Historian

Peter Schwarzenbauer President and CEO

This is the spelling I have
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 1 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 1 2007, 07:46 PM) *

Pat, you should really acquaint yourself with a Google, or similar search engine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Your PCNA contact would be Peter Schwartzenbauer (It always helps to spell a dude's name right, eh Matt Garney?)

Address>>>980 Hammond Drive
Suite 1000
Atlanta , Georgia 30328

Good luck with this CoA odyssey, we'll be hoping you don't end up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .

Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Thank you very much for the spelling correction, as well as the address.

I "should acquaint" my self "with Google"? This, coming from the only 60 year old I know who just got his first PC? I've been using the web since (1983) before you even knew what a PC was. I took the easy way out because I knew a PC newbie would step in.

ps: for those unaquainted, Paul & I have been best bud's since the 70's & we slam each other all the time, so there's nothing personal here - even if he is a dinosaur!
Pat

Anyway, the letters go out tomorrow. They're kindly, yet demonstrative - I DID spend $100 for something nebulus!
+Quote Post
davep
post Oct 2 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #27

914 Historian

As I said, I think I may have the correct spelling. I did find it a lot in my search using that name.

As I stated earlier, what we really need it to get the raw data from the cardex for at least one car. If they have the transmission # for one car, then they should have it for all. Maybe the data is there, and they just don't know how to interpret it. Get the actual codes that are in the cardex. I think C27 was Spanish equipment. See if they can tell us what codes exist, and what they are interpreted as. This would be very valuable information. I would like to see both the option code and the interpretation printed in the COA. Some, but very few, do so. If PCNA does not have answers, see it they can get the info from the factory. This lady was the contact for the COA. Get her (if she is still there) on our side.

Barbara Kurz
Certificate of Authenticity Department
Porsche Cars North America

Also:
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Certificate of Authenticity
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA
30328 USA
Email coa@porschecars.com (preferred)
Tel 1-800-PORSCHE (option 5)
Fax 1-800-322-2436
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Oct 2 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

Pat,
I'm sure if you mail anything stateside, you'll send it registered/certified, so the receipient has to sign for it. Also, it has been recommended to me that when I correspond to Germany, use lots of colorful, unique stamps in multiple denominations, as someones grandson, nephew, brother, etc. will probably want those stamps, and because of that, the contents in the envelope have a better chance of being reviewed and addressed. Lastly, if you mail something to Germany, it helps if the correspondence was in German. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif) . It shows respect for their language and culture as well as being indicative of the extra effort that the sender went to.
I did all of the above many yeras ago when I wrote to the factory, and the response brought me a whole pile of brochures, literature, color charts, stickers and posters. I don't how the local (Atlanta) headquarters will respond, but at least you shouldn't need to send your correspondence in German.
Good luck in your quest.

Paul
+Quote Post
orange914
post Oct 2 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #29

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 22 2007, 05:05 PM) *

Tinted Windshield and Side Glass Aren't they all this way?

there is non tinted glasas also, but from my limited exposure to the 914's it seems to me the plain is unusual? $90 does seems inline, when the marti report for my mustang was $200. the marti report is a much more detailed document however. i have to remind myself what most shops hourly rates are all the time. it helps bring me to reality of todays cost... unfortunately...
mike
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 2 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(davep @ Oct 2 2007, 10:04 AM) *

As I said, I think I may have the correct spelling. I did find it a lot in my search using that name.

As I stated earlier, what we really need it to get the raw data from the cardex for at least one car. If they have the transmission # for one car, then they should have it for all. Maybe the data is there, and they just don't know how to interpret it. Get the actual codes that are in the cardex. I think C27 was Spanish equipment. See if they can tell us what codes exist, and what they are interpreted as. This would be very valuable information. I would like to see both the option code and the interpretation printed in the COA. Some, but very few, do so. If PCNA does not have answers, see it they can get the info from the factory. This lady was the contact for the COA. Get her (if she is still there) on our side.

Barbara Kurz

Also:
Atlanta, GA
30328 USA
Fax 1-800-322-2436

Jeff,

Since I recieved my most recent (2003) COA from Ms. Kurz, that is who I directed my letter to, with a cc to Peter Scwartzenbauer (that spelling is correct for him).

I sent them every tidbit I have on my 914, and assured them I am the original owner. Also explained my problem with not having the windoe sticker. Asked her/them if it's possible to get the original cardex(Kardex) codes for 914's, as the group has a hunger to know. Went out today.

Let all know what I get in response. Not holding my breath, but if I get zero out of this, I'll go over thier heads. Fed up with this crap!
Pat
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 3 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #31

Barbara Kurz

Also:
Atlanta, GA
30328 USA
Fax 1-800-322-2436

Dave,

I held my letter up because I have a conflict in mailing addresses. The letter I got from Ms Kurz in 2003 indicated here return address asountain Industrial Blvd, Tucker, GA.

Have her email addy, but emails get lost & unsaved, so I want somehting certified delivery. I'll email her anyway & let her know a letter is forethcoming. Your questions are also addressed.
Pat
+Quote Post
type4org
post Oct 8 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #32

You need PLAID!

Member No.: 6,212

I ordered my COA in Germany since that's where I am now. Had to go back twice and tell them to correct mistakes:

- at first they listed engine data for a 1.8

- on the second try they corrected that to show 2.0 liter data, but for the *wrong* 2.0 (looked like GA data instead of the correct GC)

- the total number of cars for that year ("Stückzahl") was mistyped and showed 14100 - but even the number it shows now, 4100, is a contentious issue.

We had a whole thread in here about the inaccuracies:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=64209

At least they were responsive and sent out replacements very quickly after the initial long wait for the first version. If you're persistent you can get what you believe is correct. However, people who don't have the knowledge to realize the COA is flawed are left with bad data for quite a lot of money.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gustl
post Oct 8 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #33

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

so it seems that you've got a rare M471 car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Gustl
+Quote Post
type4org
post Oct 8 2007, 04:20 AM
Post #34

You need PLAID!

Member No.: 6,212

QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 8 2007, 05:06 AM) *

so it seems that you've got a rare M471 car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Gustl

Except, the wheel issue is still a mystery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Nov 1 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 22 2007, 08:05 PM) *

White Fog Lights Was there a choice??

Yes Virginia, mine are orange.
+Quote Post
davep
post Nov 1 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #36

914 Historian

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Nov 1 2007, 02:27 PM) *

I'd like to see a closeup photo of the lens. Then we can compare the fluting.
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Nov 2 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(davep @ Nov 1 2007, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Nov 1 2007, 02:27 PM) *

I'd like to see a closeup photo of the lens. Then we can compare the fluting.

Here's a shot I already have. I'll take a close-up this weekend and post it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
davep
post Nov 2 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #38

914 Historian

While you are at it, please remove the grille and show the body of the lamp. Lets be sure it is a factory lamp with a factory lens.
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Nov 2 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #39

No problem. I'll be removing the bumpers and other goodies to start the body work. I'll take whole assembly off and get close-ups.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Nov 4 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 2 2007, 09:29 PM) *

Barbara Kurz

Also:
Atlanta, GA
30328 USA
Fax 1-800-322-2436

Jeff,

Since I recieved my most recent (2003) COA from Ms. Kurz, that is who I directed my letter to, with a cc to Peter Scwartzenbauer (that spelling is correct for him).

I sent them every tidbit I have on my 914, and assured them I am the original owner. Also explained my problem with not having the windoe sticker. Asked her/them if it's possible to get the original cardex(Kardex) codes for 914's, as the group has a hunger to know. Went out today.

Let all know what I get in response. Not holding my breath, but if I get zero out of this, I'll go over thier heads. Fed up with this crap!
Pat

It's been one month now, with no response from either party. I'll give it another 30 days & then I'm going to the factory. They sold us these cars - they had better support us.

Pat
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:12 PM