Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

279 Pages V « < 268 269 270 271 272 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Member's 914 Pictures, Show us your cars!!
jfs911
post Feb 21 2021, 06:13 PM
Post #5381

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,878
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Feb 19 2021, 02:59 PM) *

Just got mine delivered. It's only a 1.7L '73. Love the color and turn key. Can't wait to take out more frequently once the weather in Toronto gets warmer.

One of the nicest colours on a 914

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Mar 3 2021, 03:24 AM
Post #5382

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

Attached Image Attached Image

My backdated '75, sold new in Chicago, now in UK via Wisconsin and South Carolina and being prepped for hillclimb events...
+Quote Post
Rocheman1
post Mar 7 2021, 12:19 AM
Post #5383

Member No.: 18,312
Region Association: South East States

I hardly ever post or add pics but here is my 1970 914, better known as Frankie the FrankenPorsche. It's an ongoing project. I wish I knew the history of the car, but I don't. I just know that it has a mid 70's 911 engine, 911 transmission, 914 rear suspension, custom widened 914 calipers in rear to fit vented drilled rotors. 911 front end with 4 piston calipers from a 951 or 964 Porsche and vented drilled rotors, Dansk muffler, HID Headlights, sealed gas tank, 911 dash, big red VDO gauges, early Speedster windshield, 928 S back end with a speedster convertible kit I believe. I have a top and convertible frame for it, but haven't had anyone look at fitting it for me yet. Wheels are vintage ATEV German racing wheels. The fiberglass work is insane. Super thick rear quarters and deck lid. The entire car appears to be a hand-made custom. Crazy car. Runs and drives great! No one has a clue it is a 914, including a bunch of Porsche mechanics from their HQ in Atlanta. I saw them at a BBQ place near the HQ and showed them pics. lol Anyway, if you have any more input as to what mods might have been made to the front and sides then please comment. Thanks!

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 7 2021, 10:03 AM
Post #5384

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Rocheman1 @ Mar 6 2021, 10:19 PM) *

I hardly ever post or add pics but here is my 1970 914, better known as Frankie the FrankenPorsche. It's an ongoing project. I wish I knew the history of the car, but I don't. I just know that it has a mid 70's 911 engine, 911 transmission, 914 rear suspension, custom widened 914 calipers in rear to fit vented drilled rotors. 911 front end with 4 piston calipers from a 951 or 964 Porsche and vented drilled rotors, Dansk muffler, HID Headlights, sealed gas tank, 911 dash, big red VDO gauges, early Speedster windshield, 928 S back end with a speedster convertible kit I believe. I have a top and convertible frame for it, but haven't had anyone look at fitting it for me yet. Wheels are vintage ATEV German racing wheels. The fiberglass work is insane. Super thick rear quarters and deck lid. The entire car appears to be a hand-made custom. Crazy car. Runs and drives great! No one has a clue it is a 914, including a bunch of Porsche mechanics from their HQ in Atlanta. I saw them at a BBQ place near the HQ and showed them pics. lol Anyway, if you have any more input as to what mods might have been made to the front and sides then please comment. Thanks!

That has to win the award for most customized 914! It’s like a 79 928 drove into a Nissan pulsar and MR2
+Quote Post
Rocheman1
post Mar 7 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #5385

Member No.: 18,312

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 7 2021, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Rocheman1 @ Mar 6 2021, 10:19 PM) *

That has to win the award for most customized 914! It’s like a 79 928 drove into a Nissan pulsar and MR2

Yeah, its a freak. Can't wait to get it completely finished and hit the winding mountain roads!
+Quote Post
DavidSweden
post Mar 9 2021, 03:53 PM
Post #5386

Member No.: 17,452
Region Association: Scandinavia

Down by the lake
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 5 2021, 07:57 AM
Post #5387

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

photo op on MCAS Beaufort last friday. finally the dust /pollen has settled.

Phil.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
digit3
post Apr 13 2021, 10:15 AM
Post #5388

Member No.: 23,665
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image

+Quote Post
lesorubcheek
post Apr 22 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #5389

Member No.: 25,463

Just joined after lurking and reading for a few weeks. First of all, this forum is AWESOME! Many thanks to those who created it, are maintaining it, and mostly to those who are sharing their knowledge here. Here's a pic of our '74 taken at some time in the late 80s/early 90s.
Attached Image

My father bought me the car in 1980. It's a 2.0, has an AC and the center console. It was originally yellow, which I didn't like at the time and soon after we had it painted red. If I remember, the color was called Mille Miglia red, or something that was a GM color. The painter had no reference to Porsche colors, and thought this looked cool. Drove it through high school and college. Near the end of collage, a sparkplug blew out of a head, so needed to repair. Did a second engine rebuild. Here's a pic of the block.
Attached Image

After working at a real job, started driving it less and less. Then, after marriage and a child, time just sorta flew by, and as of today it's been sitting under a carport and hasn't been driven in 15 years or so. Started thinking more and more about getting her running again, that's when I found this forum. Truly motivational reading everyone's experiences and pushing me to get started on a rebuild. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, say thank you for being here, and hopefully being sharing with the trials and fun of getting this one on the road once again.

Dan
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Apr 30 2021, 08:22 AM
Post #5390

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Dan; Welcome aboard.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
As for getting it running again - Do it! Do it!
+Quote Post
rymajo
post Apr 30 2021, 08:27 AM
Post #5391

Ryan Jones

Member No.: 23,585
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(lesorubcheek @ Apr 22 2021, 02:50 PM) *

Just joined after lurking and reading for a few weeks. First of all, this forum is AWESOME! Many thanks to those who created it, are maintaining it, and mostly to those who are sharing their knowledge here. Here's a pic of our '74 taken at some time in the late 80s/early 90s.
Attached Image

My father bought me the car in 1980. It's a 2.0, has an AC and the center console. It was originally yellow, which I didn't like at the time and soon after we had it painted red. If I remember, the color was called Mille Miglia red, or something that was a GM color. The painter had no reference to Porsche colors, and thought this looked cool. Drove it through high school and college. Near the end of collage, a sparkplug blew out of a head, so needed to repair. Did a second engine rebuild. Here's a pic of the block.
Attached Image

After working at a real job, started driving it less and less. Then, after marriage and a child, time just sorta flew by, and as of today it's been sitting under a carport and hasn't been driven in 15 years or so. Started thinking more and more about getting her running again, that's when I found this forum. Truly motivational reading everyone's experiences and pushing me to get started on a rebuild. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, say thank you for being here, and hopefully being sharing with the trials and fun of getting this one on the road once again.

Dan

Car looks great, Dan! Look forward to seeing you get it out on the road. Just got mine going again after nine years. These cars are worth it!
+Quote Post
lesorubcheek
post Apr 30 2021, 03:56 PM
Post #5392

Member No.: 25,463

Thank you StarBear and Ryan. Agreed, I need to get off my rear and get busy. Here's a pic before the red paint.

Attached Image

I know there's rust. That's gonna be highest priority, and likely the toughest job, along with paint. Tons of other things like a broken windscreen, engine will need to be freshened, fuel system, electrical, pretty much everything needs going over. Next, I really want to convert to 5 lug.

Just happen to have a '73 911 that's in many pieces, likely to stay that way, so thinking of using parts as a donor. Then, well, why not go ahead and make the 914 a 6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif). Problem is the engine needs alot of work. Crank needs turning and the rods are already on 3rd undersize. 2.4 cranks aren't cheap! After an oil tank, headers, engine mount, etc, start thinking maybe I should just go Chevy V8. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif).

My dad had a '67 Chevelle with a 283. The car is gone, but not the engine. In fact, I think this pic shows the mirror from the Chevelle. Seems like I had to get a replacement. Most articles I read say the 283 is perfect for a 914 swap since it's relatively high revving and can be built without overdoing low end torque and destroying the 914's transmission. The 283 would add some sentimental value too, kinda reincarnating my dad's Chevelle. I just don't want to run water lines or hoses under the car, something about that just doesn't feel right with my ocd, so unless I can solve this I'm hesitant to go this route.

So after stripping it down for repair, gonna need to decide whether to go flat 6, v8, or just leave the 2.0 four that's in it and drive it as I remember from many moons ago. Many decisions and lots of work before it's on the road again.

Dan
+Quote Post
cause
post May 6 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #5393

Member No.: 25,514
Region Association: None

I finally purchased a 914—after many stories of how my father had 4x of these throughout the '70s, i decided to dive in. I snagged this '75 2.0 while visiting my in-laws and having it shipped back home. Lots to learn. I've had a Triumph Spitfire for about 24 years and have limited experience working on VWs (used to have a Ghia for a short while). This appears to have been a very molested daily driver in need of some help.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post May 6 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #5394

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(cause @ May 6 2021, 08:23 PM) *

I finally purchased a 914—after many stories of how my father had 4x of these throughout the '70s, i decided to dive in. I snagged this '75 2.0 while visiting my in-laws and having it shipped back home. Lots to learn. I've had a Triumph Spitfire for about 24 years and have limited experience working on VWs (used to have a Ghia for a short while). This appears to have been a very molested daily driver in need of some help.

Attached Image

welcome to 914world! you got the group for everything like how to do it, where to buy parts and lots of supportive members.
+Quote Post
bludden
post May 7 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #5395

Member No.: 24,380

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 5 2021, 08:57 AM) *

Phil.

My ex lives in Bluffton, she's trying to donate me a kidney so I may be down there occasionally. Wife and I are scheduled for a weekend in Hilton Head in July, maybe we can say hi; our cars would probably look good photographed together

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/photos.smugmug.com-24380-1620436884.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 7 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #5396

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(bludden @ May 7 2021, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 5 2021, 08:57 AM) *

Phil.

My ex lives in Bluffton, she's trying to donate me a kidney so I may be down there occasionally. Wife and I are scheduled for a weekend in Hilton Head in July, maybe we can say hi; our cars would probably look good photographed together

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/photos.smugmug.com-24380-1620436884.1.jpg)

@bludden - give me a should when you get down here, sounds like a great idea .
will send you a PM,
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 13 2021, 09:17 AM
Post #5397

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Attached Image
+Quote Post
widebody914
post May 14 2021, 10:24 PM
Post #5398

Member No.: 21,727

My v8 914 build

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
AZBanks
post May 16 2021, 12:23 AM
Post #5399

Member No.: 5,245

QUOTE(Rocheman1 @ Mar 6 2021, 11:19 PM) *

I like it!
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post May 21 2021, 09:10 AM
Post #5400

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

QUOTE(widebody914 @ May 14 2021, 09:24 PM) *

My v8 914 build

Is this the car out of Sacramento? I think I saw it about 7 years ago. There has been lots of talk on this car, I think it was o Jalopnik too? It's super cool...
+Quote Post

279 Pages V « < 268 269 270 271 272 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:21 PM