Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Mark Henry
Let’s see your babies, 914’s only please!
We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

Sorry our pic is a bit crappy.

Mark & Kim Henry, Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
Gint
What wheels are on that car Mark? VW units of some type? Have a better pic?

Here's my /6:

IPB Image

And here's the "new" (3/8/2006) 74 Zambezi:

IPB Image

The wheels it's had for the last decade+.

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Here's my car in its current form (gutted, caged, 5-lug, big-four). It will hit the track for the first time on 1/5...woohoo! smile.gif
Mark Henry
Ginter

They are Empi sprint stars made for bugs. They are a steel rim, 5.5 inches, made in Germany. I have never seen them with this off set, but they fit the 914 perfectly. They came on the car when I bought it. The local P-guy Mike Galloway couldn’t believe how well they fit. The tires are 185/70-15

You see rusty sets on thesamba.com and evil-bay, but they are mostly 4.5” and a lot of the 5.5” are a different offset. I’ve heard that you can still get the new in Europe, don’t know if that’s true or not. They came chromed or painted, these are painted. The center caps are hard to find, but the guy who makes the aluminum fuch’s cap also makes these. They are prone to rust if driven in the crud. I have 6 of the 4.5” rim, again wrong offset. If anyone wants to know the off set I will measure them, just email me.
premierauto5150
'74 1.8....under 100K!!
echocanyons
heres mine:

looks OK on the outside but it suffers from some pretty big rust issues(longs).

Hey Brad any luck on finding that rust free Alaskan Blue chassis??
krk
Here she is. Note the matching cup. lol.

It's a 70 /6, under 100K as near as I can tell. Webers need some work and will be sent out once the rain stops around here...

kim.
Gint
Kim,

What size wheels are those? They look a little like 7"
olav
Here's mine yet another orange variation.

More pictures here:
914-6

Olav
krk
I believe they are. Yeh, it's lame, but I've never had the wheels off. (the carbs have been stripped down to bitty parts three times, but if'n it don't run right, you don't fiddle with much else.) Oops. I lied. I did the wheel bearings and brakes in the front. Still never looked at the wheels. Lips are rolled front and back. The real reason I've not looked to hard at them is attached. I'm going CW on this car. I've got a set of 14"s and a set of gas burners. I just need to pick which ones...

kim.
Gint
That's pretty funny actually Kim. I've had my carbs apart many times, paid to have them rebuilt, installed an MSD, and still have yet to remove any of my wheels yet either.
Gint
Olav,

I've read of your car on other forums and seen your web pics. Nice.
krk
It's just as nice in person! It's easily one of my favorite cars. I've seen it a couple of times now (at brad's place of course) and it is a really sharp one. It's like nearly the ideal -- 3.2 in a very clean car. Oh yeh.. Olav's a nice guy too :-)

kim.
krk
QUOTE(ginter @ Dec 28 2002, 03:09 PM)
That's pretty funny actually Kim.  I've had my carbs apart many times, paid to have them rebuilt, installed an MSD, and still have yet to remove any of my wheels yet either.

lol. You can tell you have a /6:-) Who did your rebuilding? Did you have bushing/throttle shaft work done? Etc.

kim.
Gint
OK, I'll tell you, but you can't gimme any shit.

Motor Meister

It didn't really need bushing work, but it wouldn't have hurt to have it done. In retrospect although MM did what they said they would and the carbs worked well when returned, I would have been happier if they had re-bushed them. I also had them re-choke them to 32. If the wait for Eurometric hadn't been so stinkin long, I would have sent the carbs to them.
olav
Thanks for the kudos.

I just got some 16X6's from wheel enhancement I'm going to put on when it stops frig'n raining long enough.
krk
Hey Mark Henry!

(btw, Great Thread for a new board!)

Is yours a 73 or 74? Do you see many others in the port hope area?

I'm ex-Toronto, so it's good to see 914's from Canada.

kim.
krk
QUOTE(ginter @ Dec 28 2002, 03:29 PM)
OK, I'll tell you, but you can't gimme any shit.

Motor Meister

It didn't really need bushing work, but it wouldn't have hurt to have it done. In retrospect although MM did what they said they would and the carbs worked well when returned, I would have been happier if they had re-bushed them. I also had them re-choke them to 32. If the wait for Eurometric hadn't been so stinkin long, I would have sent the carbs to them.

Mike,
a) me give you shit? Nah. Can't happen. That's Brad's role. lol. (it's good that he's away:-)
cool.gif Zois seems to have either had good luck with MM or knows folks who have had good luck with them (on carbs that is). He's mentioned it in other forums. And yeh, the eurometrix wait is pretty long. (I'm thinking that my car has been sitting long enough that I don't really have much room to whine about it... I could have sent them the carbs and they could have done them twice by now)
c) I'm prolly being dumb, but I don't understand what "rechoke to 32" means. If you offered clues, I'd take 'em.

kim.
Mark Henry
G'day eh! Kim, where do you call home now?

I think I'm the only Porsche owner in the Port (of no) Hope! But I'm a half-hour from Oshawa, Ontario and would you beleive that there is two 914 shops there. My bud Mike Galloway run's Mikes 914 and there is Harmondy Road Porsche. Between the two there must be 100+ scrap 914's and a couple dozen project cars and several nice ones. There is quite a few 914 owners in Ontario.

My car is a '74 1.8 and it is originaly white, a PO had it painted the orange. Great pains were taken not to over-spray the trunks. They painted right around the folded edge of the lids and the jams were painted. A good job, but it was done in the 80's and I will repaint in a couple of years. I would repaint it white, but the wife loves the orange and to tell the truth so do I. The teen is almost totally rust free and was originally from BC.

The last owner bought it in 1986, and put 3000 miles on it, it had 74,000miles when we got it last summer. He was an old customer's uncle and they brought the car to me because they couldn't get it running. It had seized injectors and needed shocks etc. When I told the guy how much it was going to cost, he said it was for sale.
I didn't even think about buying it, the guy asked me to drive it for a week, before he put it up for sale. I told the wife to drive it and 'bam' she wanted it!

I picked it up for $4500 Canadian so, thats what, maybe $2700 US. What a deal!
It's a totally cool machine, we are both hooked on it! Who needs drugs, buy a 914 if you need a rush! We now both want more power, this year it gets a 2L d-jet, but I maybe looking for a six next winter. I was going to restore a set of 4 bolt fuch's, but I will run the empi's for one more year, while I think about a six.
boxstr
Here is one of the herd. 75 1.8, 16x7 Fuchs, Konis,Turbo tie rods, Corbeau seats,Fun car.
boxstr
This is my 74/ 6 2.4 w/Zenith carbs. Very well done conversion, paint was very poor. At the present time it is in the body shop completely stripped and ready for paint.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
krk
Marc: I now live in San Jose, as of '96. It's a pretty car friendly environment, outside of the rain that is currently pummeling us. Your initial driving experience mirrors mine. My first was a '73 2.0, and I was definitely had from "hello"!

Craig: Zeniths -- have you had to fiddle much with them to keep them in tune? Your "herd" looks really good though. Sounds like you have room to breed them....:-)

kim.
boxstr
The Zeniths have not required any tinkering, I beleive the PO did enough of that and knew what he was doing to get them pretty well sorted out. I have added new plug wires,Magnecor,MSD box and coil,K&N watersheild filters.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Curvie Roadlover
Here's mine
Gint
Hey Craig

Is that black conversion the $5500 car? Not too shabby...
Bleyseng
Here is my 76 if this works
Geoff
jtf914
Nice to see so many familiar faces. Here's my 70 914-6 awaiting it's new front sway bar, torsion bars, S calipers, new struts, turbo tie rods, rack spacers, front and rear poly bushings, and deep dish 15x6's for the front.
bernbomb914
tongue.gif sure is a lot of yellow out there. Heres one more almost done.

PS my yellow car became invisable. still trying to find it
O well
Hawk
Greetings for the last time in '02. Here's my 1970 adriatic blue 914-6.
larryM
one more for the gallery; 1995 at Willow Springs VARA races. Yes, it's real. more info at http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/larryM/
olav
Here's my car with the new wheels. My girlfriends father is with me in the car. He's 82 years old!
Brad Roberts
What size tire Olav ? Does the gearing feal the same ? Did you scare him ?? LOL

Shoot us a larger pic.

B
bernbomb914
did this work
user posted image
Bleyseng
What are you drinkin?
thesey914
Boxstr, That is a fine looking yellow 914. (love the garage floor too). My 914 is in need of a repaint and as yellow is not the original colour I was contemplating changing it to Rav. green or Tangerine. Now after this fresh inspiration I think I will keep it yellow.
only picture i have embarrassingly
olav
Brad,

The tires size is 205/55/16 the diameter of the tires is exactly the same as I had before which was 205/60/15. So the gearing is the same.

Patricia's father, Rich, liked the car and when he got back he told everyone that when I passed anyone I would just gear down and they were history.

He wasn't used to seeing the underside of other cars especially the SUV's.

He's a great guy.
Brad Roberts
Look everybody. 7 inch rims under a narrow body car. Stop the insanity.

Yes. I'm being a smart-ass.

Car looks good. Yellow is my favorite color (first 914 was yellow)

B
Brad Roberts
Just making sure Olav. I thought I had told you somewhere along the line that the 205/55/16's where the same rolling diamater as the original 165's that came on the car.

Thats cool he liked the car.

Bern..

You cant post a pic from your computer unless your running a webserver. You have to use the file attachement "feature" and hit browse..then find your pic and upload it to my server. I looked at the "path" for your pic.. http://d:/new%20folder/p000168.jpg and that pic was not in the clubs "upload" folder. Soo.. it must be on your computer..

B
olav
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 2 2003, 01:41 PM)
Just making sure Olav. I thought I had told you somewhere along the line that the 205/55/16's where the same rolling diamater as the original 165's that came on the car.

Nope, you never mentioned it to me, I told John at Wheel Enhancement what I had on previously 205/60/15 and said I wanted the same diameter and they said 205/55/16 were the same and they are.

Here's a bigger picture with my new wheels:
Brad Roberts
Rich Johnson was the first person who told me about the 205/55 16's having the same rolling diameter back in 92 or so. The 205/55's came on all the Mitsubishi Eclipses..makes for a very inexpensive tires when 100's of K's of cars came with them.

It looks great (as usual)

B
mskala
I'd post my car but it's a waste of bandwidth, it looks just like Hawk's car. Just think of a different house behind it. Kim, the silver looks great; I'm partial to the signal orange, silver, dark green (w/tan int), or the adriatic I've got.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
Hawk
Common Mark,
Let's see another adriatic blue!
BTW, I favor signal orange as my favorite as well.
We must have had the same art teacher in grade school, I'm from CT originally. tongue.gif
-hawk
krk
Mark: thx for the compliment! I love silver. But I have a story.
That pic was from a pca meet in SF. At that point, I'd never
been to one, so I thought I'd try it out. (decent folk, btw) We
did a drive up into the hills over to the ocean and hit a parking
lot. We were a billion silver and black cars. The look-at-me car
in the lot was a green 914. (revena (sp?) I think) At that
point, I was thinking that signal orange would have been
an excellent color.

(actually, I just found a pic - attached)

You otta post the pic's of your car. Even if the color is the same,
each has it's own look and we all like to oggle:-)

kim.
Gint
Come on Mark. Don't make me dig out pics I have of your car and post them. You have to have better ones than I do.
mskala
Okay, here's a different looking one with cookies for the good tires.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
bernbomb914
one more time
JmuRiz
Ok, here is a picture of my car from 1.5 years ago. I am in the process of gathering parts for a 5-bolt conversion, so the look with change slightly in the next few months. Still haven't decided on black centers w/ polished lip or polished paddles and lip.
IPB Image
RustyWa
Ok, here's a picture of my car I bought two summers ago.

Car was just painted this April. The color is Palma Metallic, only used in '75. I wasn't thrilled with the color at first, but it grew on me. When it's sunny out, it really brightens up.

Things I'd like to do this winter would be....back date the exhaust system, clean up the engine compartment and remove the rest of the air injection tubing.
RustyWa
In the sun...
krk
Now that's what I'm talking about. Great pics!

I should have a cookie cutter pic to contribute this weekend
as well. (I have to put bumpers/valences/etc on...)

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.