Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Drums66
Here's mine
Brad Roberts
That is a pretty damn clean car Drums clap56.gif I love black 914's.

B
Bruce Allert
agree.gif the more I look at 75/76's from the side view the better I'm like'n em. The front bumper makes it look longer and its appearance, to me, is a sleeker design (longer=thinner)
nice car buddy.....

...........b
Gint
Especially in black...
Drums66
thankyou guys......it's a 75' 2.0 w Ljet I hope the smog exempt goes thru in January so I can take the crap off!! someday people will be waking up to this engine,fi combo!
Brad Roberts
I like the big bumper "look" on the front. It doesnt do much for me on the back.

Drums where are you in Ca. ??

B
Drums66
I live in the fire zone.....Chula Vista close to Pauter machine shop.....I bet you've heard of them!?
Brad Roberts
Oh yeah !

Brian Pauter is/was a 914 guy. They do some amazing stuff.

B
Drums66
Brian Pauter, use to have one of the best and first 914's round this area......they are pretty much into mass production engines&heads now no single stuff
Marc Le Friant's father(Jacque) is personal friend of the Pauter family.......does some machine work for them(Scott's Porsche)
Brad Roberts
Cool. I met Jacque at the German Autofest. I had no idea they where involved with Pauter.

I would like to visit the place one day next year.

B
iamchappy
I am having a hard time accepting that it's winter and my plans of taking the car apart for the new paint, and dropping the engine for a once over need to begin. I keep hoping for dry roads for one last romp.
jwade
1976 2.0

john
jwade
Let's try again.

1976 2.0
d914
this is to be steve's(stevend) first car. Here he is posing with it as we just got it home.
Now its tucked in down in the workshop and getting ready for restoration, and tunes.
Steve's thirteen so I get to drive it for a while. driving.gif
seanery
Lucky Steve! smile.gif
rhodyguy
is that mikez's car? that is one fortunate young man. his dad would appear to be a nice guy wink.gif . imagine telling your son you wrecked his 914.

kevin
Joe Bob
Not mycar.....
d914
sammy's old turbo car minus the turbo
A914Freak
Here is a picture of my project 914

Kyle

New Jersey
SirAndy
QUOTE(A914Freak @ Dec 20 2003, 09:21 PM)
Here is a picture of my project 914

Welcome Kyle!

more pics please. wink.gif
can we get a closeup of the gauge cluster?

Andy
rick 918-S
Hey Kyle, Glad to see you found the place. Welcome. Nice project!
Brad Roberts
Welcome Kyle !! clap56.gif

Hum.. Hoosiers/cage/panosports... NICE

Andy, a company on the east coast sells that gauge cluster setup.

B
Qarl
Gauge cluster also seen on e-bay and http://www.9xauto.com

I think advertised as "NASCAR style"

Ah heck.. here is the link...

http://www.9xauto.com/914clus.html
DrifterJay
holy shit thats cool...I am buying one...tired of bouncing tach and a speedoo that sticks till 30-40 mph...plus wouldnt mind the other gauges which would eliminate needing to buy other pods...soon...get my bonus in two weeks...will be driving within 6 weeks...my goal smile.gif welder.gif
Aaron Cox
A914Freak, what front valence is that on your orange car? looks sweet. can you post a pic of the front of the car please. clap56.gif
A914Freak
Hello everyone!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments about my car. Here are some more pictures that I am sure you will like.

Take care,

Kyle

New Jersey
A914Freak
Here is the front valance.

Kyle

PS...does anyone know how to post multiple pictures on the same message without starting another reply?

Kyle
A914Freak
inside of car at an angle

Kyle
A914Freak
Here is the gauge cluster, all gauges are Auto Meter Carbon Fiber series.

Kyle
SirAndy
QUOTE(A914Freak @ Dec 23 2003, 08:09 PM)
does anyone know how to post multiple pictures on the same message without starting another reply?

you can't. but you can link to as many pictures as you like if they're hosted on a web-site.

your engine is purdy wub.gif
Andy
A914Freak
In case you were wondering, I no longer use a cable for my speedometer. I bought a sender from a company in California that makes one that screws right onto the end of the angle drive of a 914. The speedometer can also be calibrated.
Gint
Welcome to the board Kyle. That's a really nice car you've built. burnout.gif MDB2.gif

But:

I bought a sender from a company in California that makes one that screws right onto the end of the angle drive of a 914.

I'm surprised that post went 20 minutes without a reply. Give us the dish! What company?
echocanyons
What a cliffhanger....

You mean I can ditch my Speedo cable? Please tell more
seanery
That looks like a Safety Devices cage... How was the fit?
URY914
Very very nice.

Welcome,

Paul
DuckRyder
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 24 2003, 12:59 AM)
That looks like a Safety Devices cage... How was the fit?

Yeah, cage me like, tell us about it.

You should build yourself a website for all of us inquiring minds.................
914ghost
Heres the best shot I can give you of my "winter project" (since my garage is little more than a shed).
Bought it in July from a dealer- asking price $4995, I offered $2000. drove home for $2200.
It ran like crap but I guess they hadn't noticed both manifolds (carbs) were VERY loose.
Brakes are great, tranny is great, interior was so/so, 2 owner local car 160,000 miles, has one rust hole about 2" long below passenger seat (looks like it was a scrape/dent on bottom of pan and rusted), battery tray is solid.
I did some engine work on it 9 years ago when I worked at a local VW shop.
I currently doing the interior myself- new carpet (easy), updated 2 seat style, but I'm recovering the seats myself...we'll see how it turns out. Also wresting with carb issues- what carbs to run? I have a set of 36 & 40 dellortos, I cant get the 40's to run right, but when I get close theyre better power than the 36's.
Also going to remove the valences/rockers/bumpers and match them to the body.
Anyhow, I'm glad to be back in a Porsche (my last was a 60' Super 90 coupe- FULL RUSTO/RESTO). I'm sure I'll be meeting some of you soon.
HAPPY WINTER!
Robert O
wenatchee wash
70' 914
69' VW Single Cab
69' Honda 350 SuperSport

Forgot: Engine # In my car is EA 065268- I'm guessing its the original engine, if it was a 356 it would mean something....its a 1.8 Right?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914ghost @ Dec 27 2003, 06:22 PM)
Forgot: Engine # In my car is EA 065268- I'm guessing its the original engine, if it was a 356 it would mean something....its a 1.8 Right?

no 1,8's in '70... if it's not a /6, it's a 1,7 -- unless it was built up at some point in its life, in which case - it could be anything !
914ghost
Thats true about the 1.7's for 1970, the only reason i thought it was a 1.8 is I have a book somewhere's that says the EA # engines were 1.8 ... ?
I'm guessing the book has it a little off, EA # engines are 1.7L then? Because I'm fairly darn sure its the engine that came with the car.
Robert O
SirAndy
QUOTE(914ghost @ Dec 28 2003, 04:11 PM)
Thats true about the 1.7's for 1970, the only reason i thought it was a 1.8 is I have a book somewhere's that says the EA # engines were 1.8 ... ?
I'm guessing the book has it a little off, EA # engines are 1.7L then? Because I'm fairly darn sure its the engine that came with the car.
Robert O

that's what we have the 914Info section for wink.gif

on top of this page, follow the 914Info link or click here:
http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php

Andy
JeffBowlsby
An EA code engine is a 1.7L engine from 1972-73.

The 1.7s were W codes until 72, when they changed to EA code 1.7Ls.

An EA code engine in a 1970 car would not be original.
Joe Bob
Yep ya lose Concour Weenie points for that one...... mueba.gif
GWN7
-5 for the hood badge too.... laugh.gif

Nice car and welcome to the club beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
Yesterday I found some pictures on my car on the Internet.
(from 5 years and $50,000 ago)
mikester
here's an arty one...
75boxster
On my fourth fourteen but new to the forum. I will be hitting you guys
up for advice on improving the looks and performance of my car. Bought
it this past summer pretty much as is. I am having most all of the wood
upolstered as it is very nice but not really in the spirit of a 914IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Hey.. WELCOME clap56.gif

We watched the car on Ebay back in the summer. We didnt really like the interior but had respect for the amount of effort involved to make it happen.

Nice car.

B
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 2 2004, 01:31 AM)
didnt really like the interior but had respect for the amount of effort involved to make it happen.

agree.gif

and welcome aboard!

cheers,

Jeroen
Andyrew
Here's my pic, my 10 dollar rattlecan doesnt look so bad from this pic.. but in person its another story..

Andrew
Gint
75boxster,

Welcome to the board! I remember the thread about your car when it was on ebay. I'm not a big fan of the wood, but it does like someone put a lot of effort into it. The car looks really nice. It's a /6 isn't it? Original or conversion?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.