Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Eddie914
Here is the 914/6 2.7 at it's maiden track appearance:

IPB Image

Eddie
BravoHotel
Eddie,

What kind of flares are those? Is the front qtr fully removeable? I LIKE! clap56.gif
seanery
Eddie,
I'd like to see some detail photos of your fastening method. I've got some quarters and fenders I want to attach that way.

thanks!
VintagePorscheGuy
y'all showed my yours, now its my turn to show mine.

sorry if you don't like the watercooler, you'll just have to get over it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

burnout.gif
Jenny
Nice place. My bf has on his beater toyota truck icon12.gif 2XLR8

Jen
VintagePorscheGuy
well we dyno'd the cobra at 439rwhp sae before installing the chip.

It should be over 450rwhp now, thats about 535 at the flywheel.

Its no beater and will EXCLR8 fast enough for y'all.

My Webpage
theol00
the latest addition...'72 truly rust free virgin ...check out the hubcaps
theol00
more to follow smilie_flagge6.gif
theol00
here are the hubcaps
theol00
and the jack in the trunk - has even the little rubber thingy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Freedom @ Feb 28 2004, 10:00 AM)
back

Freedom,
nice car, but,
what's the windshield washer pump doing in your rear trunk? confused24.gif

Andy
theol00
what pump - that's the jack!
theol00
Here's the washer hose...
RocknRollFrenzy
QUOTE(theol00 @ Mar 11 2004, 01:17 PM)

i think he was referring to the green car that was posted a few days back.
SirAndy
QUOTE(theol00 @ Mar 11 2004, 01:17 PM)

is your screen-name "Freedom" ???

i thought i clearly addressed a different person in my post ... wink.gif
Andy
theol00
ooops = sorry pray.gif wub.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
Brad Roberts
Theols car is a dead ringer for PPickerells car. Both of them are identical in color and striping. I have one here at the shop same.. color no stripes.

B
boxstr
Andy I am suprised you haven't mentioned anything about the red GT look front hood vent, on page 58 from "Vintageporscheguy"
but then maybe you better wait until B is gone. laugh.gif
CCLINFORDGT
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 11 2004, 08:43 PM)
Andy I am suprised you haven't mentioned anything about the red GT look front hood vent, on page 58 from "Vintageporscheguy"
but then maybe you better wait until B is gone. laugh.gif

yupp, i was keeping a low profile wink.gif

that's pretty damm close to what i want to do, maybe just a bit bigger as i still plan to put in a 3.6 one day, which needs a lot of oilcooler.
but other than that, i think this is THE way to go smilie_pokal.gif

"Vintageporscheguy", can you post some closeup pictures of that front hood vent?
please ...
Andy
JPigg34
Picture of my 914 on Jan. 22, 2004

Now a picture of it on March 6, 2004
IPB Image
seanery
nice job on the cleanup! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
I agree! agree.gif SCHWEETT!
TheCabinetmaker
JPigg34, Hey, that's a great before and after pic. That's exactly what I like. Turn a piece of ---- into a piece of 914. It's not necessary to have fuch's, and all the right stuff. Just have the will to make it the best it can be. Keep up the good work and, "carry on". smilie_pokal.gif

Curt.
eresener
well...here is my latest addition...73 dirver....1.7 w/webers....
pics of my 73 2.0 will follow as soon as it comes home...
Ed
tat2dphreak
JPigg34,
Very impressive, very quick turn around!! pray.gif

eresener,
very nice car!! smilie_pokal.gif
mseiferth
Here are some progress shots of the "Dirt Cheap Racing" Eddie, Walt, Harry & Mark's 914/6 conversion track/street car.

Remember Eddie found this car in San Jose back in Dec...It made it's first track debut last Monday here in Seattle (many more to come)...

first few nights in Ed's garage.
IPB Image

After a Sunday paint/plamsa cutter/beer session in W Seattle.
IPB Image

As she sits today with the newly glassed and painted 916 bumper (thanks Walt) and "new" to us fiberglass front hood (thanks Steve)...
IPB Image

More updates to come...Thanks for the bandwidth.
URY914
I like those flares.
majkos
mseiferth?
What happened to the original fiberglass front?
Was it a Imsa type?(I don't really know what's it called)
Eddie914
We are not sure about the source of the rear fiberglass fender flairs and the front fiberglass fenders. I'll check through the receipts and see if I can find anything. The previous owner attached the rears with screws, and then bonded and blended. We have subsequently cut away as much steel as possible using a plama cutter (without melting the fiberglass ... too much). The PO (previous owner) installed the front FG fenders over the existing steel fenders after the steel fender lips were cut away. They were held on with Dzus fasteners. The fit was pretty poor since a lot of metal was left along the mounting surfaces. I cut away ALL of the steel front fenders. I left the door jambs, rocker panels, hood lips, and bumper mounts. We then mounted Dzus fastener angle brackets to the jambs and bumper mounts. I did the easy part ... making all the sparks with the plasma cutter. Mark and Walt did the tough part ... fitting and refitting and refitting the fenders and mounting brackets.

Since we are not using the pop-up headlights, the 916 type bumper works well with the OEM for lights. I will the try the Auto Zone driving lights ... they have got to better than 30 year old foglights.

We still have the IMSA style front end and might use it if the 916 bumper allows the front end to get too light at speed. Any idea where we can get the rubber lip to add to the bototm of the spoiler?

We'll get some pics posted of the mounting.

Thanks

Eddie
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Mar 18 2004, 08:37 AM)
if the 916 bumper allows the front end to get too light at speed. Any idea where we can get the rubber lip to add to the bototm of the spoiler?

exactly what i have been thinking about.

not rubber, but FG instead. i'm planning on getting a donor FG front spoiler with a nice lower lip and cut that off and attach it to the bottom of the 916 bumper. it'll even have room for brake cooling intakes ...

a pic of a possible donor spoiler (hi ninefourteener wavey.gif )

IPB Image

this is a artist rendering of the proposed idea, green would be the added lip and yellow the brake duct air intake:

IPB Image
mseiferth
QUOTE(majkos @ Mar 17 2004, 09:03 AM)
mseiferth?
What happened to the original fiberglass front?
Was it a Imsa type?(I don't really know what's it called)

Eddie answered your question in the post below your original...
mseiferth
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2004, 12:34 PM)
exactly what i have been thinking about.

not rubber, but FG instead. i'm planning on getting a donor FG front spoiler with a nice lower lip and cut that off and attach it to the bottom of the 916 bumper. it'll even have room for brake cooling intakes ...

Andy, because this car will see dual duty (street/track) we think the rubber will survive longer than a fiberglass lip...

Any idea where we can find such rubber??
IIRC some of the '80's mopars used it and maybe even some Mitsu's from that era.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mseiferth @ Mar 18 2004, 05:07 PM)
Any idea where we can find such rubber??

at the gardening isle at home depot. divider for plant beds. laugh.gif

more seriously tho, i have no idea ...
Andy
Jeroen
Why not use Dzus fastners on the bumper as well?
That way you can swap the 916 and IMSA bumpers for street or track duty

Otherwise, the rubber lip/spoiler from an impact bumper 911 might work

cheers,

Jeroen
John
Hey Vintageporscheguy. (Bro)

Nice blurry pic. and isn't that an OLD one? Glad to see you finally made it on here. I thought you said you couldn't log in? Glad you worked through that. You really should POST a few pics of your hood vent (and also your through the hood gas cap) they are both trick.

You should also get done with that car....

Johnman
Bleyseng
here is a pic I took of John Jenz, who I met today.
Nice silver 74 2.0L that had MPS problems...

Geoff
seanery
damnit Geoff, lose the cell phone and use your nikon! ar15.gif
Bleyseng
I don't always carry the Nikon with me, the cell phone is always in my pocket
jones
Thanks for posting the pic Geoff clap56.gif It was a pleasure to meet you and to drive your car. Those streets are spooky weird! The difference was night and day with that other MPS as I got on to I5. Again, thanks alot and I look forward to seeing you and other 914 types next week beerchug.gif . John
Bleyseng
Wait until you see the pics of what the inside of a AA rebuilt MPS looks like!

Geoff burnout.gif
carreraguy
Just getting ready for a run!
Pesky 914
Here's my 914. It has a high compression 3.2, 930s all the way around, coil overs, front mount oil cooler, full cage, etc, etc. The first picture is the car before I repainted this past year (and rebuilt the engine).
tat2dphreak
Very nice dudes !

Welcome pesky and carrera!

smilie_flagge6.gif
Pesky 914
Btw, that's a remote camera mount where the turn signal would normally be. It's really cool for track use.
rick 918-S
That's Pesky! aktion035.gif
mudfoot76
First post!

My '73 2.0L
nebreitling
BAD ASS CAR, mudfoot!!

welcome! PLEASE tell me about your wheels.
seanery
Hey Mudfoot!
Glad you joined. We met last year at the F1 DriveAround. Welcome!

We've got a small group of Indiana guys around here.
Steve Thacker
Welcome Mudfoot
Right next door to ya here in Columbus Ohiah
Gint
Welcome to the new guys! All of you have some very nice 914s. Thanks for posting the pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.