Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Mueller
Jon, have you been hanging out with me too much??? smile.gif
I cannot wait to see the finished product, should be sweet....

Jim....

Nice garage......now I've "garage envy" blink.gif
"I feel so inadaquate"
seanery
Hey HotRod,

What kind of wheels are those on the #92 car?
They look like the Campognolo wheels that were on
my Alfa Spider. I won't show the pic here since we
are trying to stay all 914.
jonwatts
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 14 2003, 09:38 AM)
Looks like a lot of work to me, Jon.....

It is a lot of work. Nothing that hasn't been done before; a combination of buying too big of a project followed by a severe case of "while yer in there" disease. At least I'm getting to try a lot of new products and techniques for removing and refinishing things.

Still, sometimes I look at it and think ar15.gif

Jon
Mueller
Jon,

Register that car yet?

I can take the car off your hands this weekend if you want.....

Mueller
J P Stein
Jim:

Ok, it seems that you have conquered the pic posting routine.
Next will be a step by step process dealing with garage organization. I think I see a workbench under all that shit....er, stuff. That would be a good starting point blink.gif
Jeroen
the wheels on #92 look like ATS wheels to me...

cheers,

Jeroen
HotRod
Seanery,

Yes he's correct, they are ATS...they were an offset that allowed me to use 205s under the stock fenders. I even used them for awhile with 9 inch slicks and only had to roll the fender a little bit ...but the clearance between the front strut and the inside of the cantilevered tire was TIGHT.
HotRod
You're right, they do look like Campognolo replicas , my buddy has a Pantera with the Campies on it and you couldn't trell the difference at first glance.
Gint
Very nice.

You can have a lift for as little as $3500
seanery
Go to the closest Goodguys Hot Rods show.

They have vendors selling 2 and 4 post lifts.
$2100 can get a 2 post and $2500 for a 4 post.

I saw at least 4 vendors at both Indy and Del Mar that had very similar pricing.
campbellcj
Nice...I need to add that to "the list". Not real high up, but "someday".

I realized recently that some jobs on the car are just WAY easier with a lift. Maybe I'm getting old, but laying on the concrete with oil/gas/brake fluid dripping on me has gotten fairly painful and unpleasant.

But what kind of garage (ceiling) height do you need for these puppies? My garage is a built-in deal, 1st floor of a 2 story house, and not terribly tall.

I think the next house needs a fully detached, 4 car setup with its own john, a/c and heat, etc.
J P Stein
I'm getting old, too.
I find that naping while laying on my creeper is easier that doing it standing up -_-
mikerose
This is New to me. A 1974 2.0 I got is from Rich at HPH. My last two a 76 2.0, 75 1.8 are parts car's now sad.gif
seanery
Ceiling heights vary, the ones that I was looking at were either 11 or 12 foot. Those were for 2 post, I know there are some that are made for 10' ceilings.

Here is what could be a steal on a lift:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1876801109
JmuRiz
mikerose - I wish i could see light reflection in my paint biggrin.gif One of these days I might try a colorsand to get some shine back to the orig paint. The alternative is a respray anyway, so if I mess it up...oh well.

Nathan
Mueller
Hey Mike Rose,

Glad to see you posting instead of lurking....welcome aboard and congrats on your latest purchase. clap56.gif

Mike Mueller
L8Apex
damn I just can't keep myself from laughin when I see Super Greg... Da #1.
Brad Roberts
Welcome Mike Rose.

The car you bought from Rich is a vert tight car. I tried and tried to get him to sell it months ago. He kept telling me it was spoken for. Then I hear from Mueller that you bought it.

Good luck and welcome to "The Board"

B
JmuRiz
I pledge allegiance to Super Greg, haha pray.gif
mikerose
Thanks Brad, Anyone know who had the car before Rich did? Thanks again Brad. Back to Deep Digest mode biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Here are a few of my past projects! I was hit head on in the 6!
Jeffs9146
A few more!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Ohh. The early 911 is sweeet.

Amazing that the 914 actually stood up pretty good.

That Subaru didnt fair to well either.

B
Jeffs9146
Yea, I was hit by a buick at 50 mph! A drunk driver!

The 67 911s was my pride and joy for almost 7 years! It is in Fresno now!

Jeff

Subaru???
Brad Roberts
It looks like a Subaru in the background of the wrecked six.

B
Gint
Nice 911!

You guys see another one like that, lemme know.
Jeroen
Posting these pics for Haryy (HARS914)
He had trouble getting his pics up here...

It's a '71 with a 2L built to 2.4L

Cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
more...
Jeroen
last one
JmuRiz
Wow Jeffs74~914 ohmy.gif
What kind of damage was done to you in that collision? Did you have a spare tire in front to help w/ the crumple? I'm curious because I am doing a 5-bolt conversion and I am trying to figure out what to do for a spare, or if I should just do w/o one (and with a can of tire goo and a AAA card biggrin.gif ) Glad to see the passenger area isn't that bad, and you are still here to post that pic!

Nathan
Jeffs9146
Yea Nathan, I am glad to still be around!

The spare tire saved my life!! I broke my neck, back, nose and jaw! I was bleading internaly and almost didn't make it! My friend (in the passenger seat) didn't brake anything but was cut from his chin to the top of his head and from his shin to above his knee.

Keep the spare!!!!

I trust my 914 as long as it doesn't roll!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
Here is a pic from the front with the spare and the front hood saving me!
Bleyseng
For a spare pick up a space saver spare from the junkyards about $75-100. Also look for a little air compressor that goes with em so you can inflate it if you have a flat. The 916's had this first and it makes for alot more room in the front trunk.
Here is a picture of the tire standing upright, although I still have mine laying down.
Geoff
Jeffs9146
That is what I did with my new one! It is down though so I can have the amps above the water line....just in case!

Jeff
JmuRiz
I'd love to find a space-saver spare...I have no idea where to start looking though. I need a 16" one though (to fit over the brakes). Maybe i'll post a want add...I guess I could always get a full size one like my other 4 (16x6) and keep it inflated. Thanks for the advice guys.

Nathan
Jeffs9146
I bought mine on e-bay for $15!

You can get a 16" space saver.

Jeff
GWN7
My newest project, 74 2.0L half way home from Texas. Now waiting for warm weather so I can start on her "Miss Texas" smile.gif
echocanyons
Hey GWN7!

Nice longs!
GWN7
Yes they are. smile.gif

The PO started to do a restoration on the car and had taken the rockers off and a bunch of other stuff as you can see from the pic. It made checking the car out real easy.

It neeeds very little to put it back on the road. Fuel and FI line replacements are planned. Along with a paint job. Don't know if I'm going to keep it white or go back to the original yellow. My son wants it to stay white so it will match his car (70 1.7L). New trunk seals, carpet and some new tires. All I'm waiting for is warm weather to get started.
TimMartin
This isn't really want it looks like right now. It's got the wheel covers on it, the rockers and valance pans are black, and the chrome (which i wish was black). But you photo hungry bbs'ers really wanted to see something smile.gif
Mark Henry
I can't let this post die, I going for the unbeatable record here!
Mines better than yours 'na na na-na na!

ar15.gif finger.gif :finger2: smash.gif devil.gif

Hey Brad, who the asshole now! He-He! Oh it's me, doh! beer.gif

My interior <_<
Brad Roberts
Great,

Now I have people trying to "out asshole me" LOL This group is great.

Oh.. classifieds soon.

B
Mark Henry
Doh! I’m going to launch that 914 into space! T – 10 sec. and counting! blink.gif
Jeffs9146
How about the best center consol!!!
Jeff
scottb
so that's where the bass goes!? son of a .......... but do i cut the pretty, original console...? beer.gif
Brad Roberts
Is that enough air space for a 8inch or 10 inch sub ??

B
Jeffs9146
Yep, gota cut and reinforce with particale board and fiberglass! I bought one and saved the original one! It was a bigger project than I though it would be but it sounds great!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
.75 quibic foot for a 8" Kicker sub, I added a half inch at the top!

Jeff
seanery
Does anyone ever Vacuum their 914's?!

Man, you always see nasty looking carpet with lots of dirt on it.
(no offense to those who posted)

My interior on the race car was beautiful and it never looked, uh, er, ummm, like that.

I'm not really trying to be an asshole, but some may take it that way.
Mark Henry
Yeh, I should vacuum my floor!
At least shake the leaves and shit out of the floor mats, or I should remove the mats, maybe take the bra that I never use out of the teen and close the glove box!

Hell, I try to show off my real nice, original interior and I don’t even clean it up first!

Ah, who am I kidding, I just wanted to bump my mega post back to the top! pain30.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.