Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 6 2020, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 6 2020, 06:12 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 5 2020, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 5 2020, 03:38 PM) *

My "new" 914...... smile.gif ....

Jim Is this your 2nd Boxster?

Ok I just saw your other post.

1st one was a ‘98

Very nice!!
What year is the new one?

2006.....it looks and feels like a new car.....did I mention the previous owner was a little annul?
euro911
Looks real nice, Jim. I'll have to check it out in person one of these days.

I almost bought a nice yellow '99 Boxter with tan interior ...

Click to view attachment

... but once I got Caymans in my head ... well ... confused24.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(needa914 @ Apr 5 2020, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 28 2020, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(needa914 @ Mar 28 2020, 10:35 AM) *

This one followed me home.Click to view attachment

Nice... Where in NY are you? Who did the flares??

The flares were done at Beach Boys Racing in Venice California, I'm in the Hudson Valley.

In the days where originality is king, I still feel like this looks very tasteful... kind of looks like what a "turbo 914" would look like from Porsche...
mgp4591
QUOTE(needa914 @ Apr 5 2020, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 28 2020, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(needa914 @ Mar 28 2020, 10:35 AM) *

This one followed me home.Click to view attachment

Nice... Where in NY are you? Who did the flares??

The flares were done at Beach Boys Racing in Venice California, I'm in the Hudson Valley.

That's a good look! What size are your wheels and tires?
Front yard mechanic
Essential grocery runClick to view attachment
euro911
smile.gif cheer.gif drooley.gif

914 Rubber sells nice repro front targa seals, ya know ... poke.gif
jdbogart@self-serv.net
My brand new wife and brand new 914 then.

Click to view attachment

My wife and our anniversary present 914 now.
Please see:

https://vimeo.com/375171307

Unfortunately the metallic red 914 was totaled while parked in 1980.

TravisNeff
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 20 2020, 07:52 PM) *

smile.gif cheer.gif drooley.gif

914 Rubber sells nice repro front targa seals, ya know ... poke.gif

I don't see any seals biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(jdbogart@self-serv.net @ Apr 21 2020, 03:58 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Please see:

"This video is private" dry.gif
jdbogart@self-serv.net
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 22 2020, 12:26 AM) *

QUOTE(jdbogart@self-serv.net @ Apr 21 2020, 03:58 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Please see:

"This video is private" dry.gif

Sorry, I fixed it, Please try again.

euro911
thumb3d.gif

1970-ish? ... My mom had a '68 Pontiac boat Ventura like the one in the background.
jdbogart@self-serv.net
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 22 2020, 02:18 PM) *

thumb3d.gif

1970-ish? ... My mom had a '68 Pontiac boat Ventura like the one in the background.

There's a date on the right side of the picture print. It may have been taken in August of 1970, but September 1970 is a pretty close bet!
Retroracer
Throwback to last year. I like the composition of the shot, and the color contrast.

- Tony

Click to view attachment
CHIZ 914
Was living in San Jose about 14 years ago and know that area.

Is the Black Watch still open?

aktion035.gif
Retroracer
QUOTE(CHIZ 914 @ Apr 22 2020, 04:38 PM) *

Was living in San Jose about 14 years ago and know that area.

Is the Black Watch still open?

aktion035.gif

Yes, still there (though shuttered for now). I think of it as the nearest analog to the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead. I'm sure folks are camped out inside right now with a nice pint....

- Tony
pencap914
My 74' 2.0 sometime back in 2005 or 2006. Sadly I had to sell it when I went off to college, but I'm back 15 years later looking for another 914 project to take on! It would be awesome to find my exact car for sale somewhere around northern California, however I cringe to know how awful some my wiring repairs were when I was in high school...

If anyone knows the existence of a yellow 74 originally a 2.0, (Swapped out for a hot-rod VW type IV engine with cheap Weber knock-off carburetors), a dinged up front right fender, some shoddy stereo wiring with licence plate number 4LRS179 then let me know! I'd be interested in getting my car back :-)

I seriously doubt its on the road now unless someone REALLY put a lot of time into restoring it. It was a great first car for $1200, but it was pretty rough. Working on it certainly taught me to roll my sleeves up and not be afraid of tearing into something I'm unfamiliar with. I became an engineer, and I believe a good portion of my mechanical aptitude came from having a 914 as a teenager.

Click to view attachment
euro911
If you kept any [legal] documentation of the car showing the VIN, you might searching the VIN section on this site, otherwise finding it it may be a huge challenge.

I keep a file folder of vehicles that I've sold, and it has at least one document showing the VIN for each of them.

VIN search: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins
RickS
Downtown Los Gatos was one of my favorite haunts growing up, especially the Ferrari dealer with the new 308s.

Now live in the NW rain belt

Click to view attachment
flat4guy
Just picked up a 71 914 to replace my 73 I stupidly sold a few years ago. Wife is happy again.Click to view attachment
VG-914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 9 2020, 07:35 AM) *

Amelia Island Werks Reunion 2020- downtown Jax at the art museum

Nice to see another Copper Metallic 914... I never seem to see one that matches mine!
VG-914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 27 2002, 01:58 PM) *

Let’s see your babies!

The herd (west) when I had three in the driveway! (Probably never to happen again!)
DMAYHALL
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 4 2019, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2019, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 3 2019, 01:54 PM) *

THREE Clay ???? wow that's cool

I only own 1 and a half. The other 1 and a half is owned by my wife Betty.

The orange one is hers. The red one is mine, and the blue one is ours.

Oscar

Love to see some detailed pics of you #23 car ?? thanks

Click to view attachment

Nojoah
Hey everyone,

I figured I'd give a little introduction and show a few pictures of the car I picked up last fall.

So a little backstory - My father and I have alway loved Porsches, any make, any model. However the air-cooled cars have always been our true interest. Growing up in a smaller city in northern Ontario, these cars are virtually non-existent. My father was lucky enough to pick up an 83 SC quite a few years ago when prices were still low on the air-cooled 911s. This is one of about 3 air-cooled 911s in our city and by far the best condition with only 67'000 original miles, no rust, completely original, purchased from the original owner.

I share the same interest in these cars as my father. Last fall, purely by chance, we found a 1974 914 2.0 listed on Kijiji. We managed to respond within 10 minutes of it being posted and proceeded to purchase the car a few days later. Given that we are in the north, the roads are extremely salty in the winter. Luckily, this car has been in storage and only driven about once or twice a year in the summer for the past 30 years. As far as we know, this is the only 914 in our area. (Although some may be stashed around in the woods or barns) The car has no major rust what-so-ever. Longs, hell hole, and pans (-front trunk) are all in perfect condition and the car runs beautifully. We also managed to pick it up for a steal as the previous owner needed the cash. I'll attach some pictures from the day we picked up the car. Over the past few weeks we have tackled some projects and will be dropping the engine to replace the original clutch and a few other miscellaneous things. The car only has 54000 original miles. Appears to have had one accident in the front right back in the 80's but it seems to have been repaired well and the body is straight. New front floor pan may be in the future as its a little banged up though. Hope you like the pics.

Side note - don't mind the door, previous owner's wife backed into the door in a rush and it was repainted... not very well... that will be fixed ASAP. blink.gif
Nojoah
Sorry, still getting used to making the pics small to attach..
Nojoah
Last one.
6s219
Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(6s219 @ May 9 2020, 12:24 AM) *

wub.gif
echocanyons
Nice to be able to take the car for an extended drive.
ndfrigi
wow looks like this beautiful car done by Eric is being driven well and not just for display! Congratulations!
brcacti
Very pretty, looks like the same color of my first 914 in 83
jdbogart@self-serv.net
QUOTE(brcacti @ May 19 2020, 06:20 AM) *

Very pretty, looks like the same color of my first 914 in 83

Beautiful picture!
Coondog
Wrightwood 05/23/2020
Click to view attachment
euro911
drooley.gif
eric9144
Glamor shot shades.gif
Click to view attachment
9one4tay
My 74' 2.0s, I've owned the red one for 9 years and the blue one for 3. Click to view attachment
9one4tay
Click to view attachment
euro911
Now all you need is a white one idea.gif
Gmanscott55
Click to view attachment

euro911
drooley.gif WOW !!!
dax1969
Registered and on the road .... car is performing well biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

krgds
Dax
Arno914
Hello from Frankfurt, Germany

I am getting my 1971 back on the road again after 13 years of dry storage.
The car spent it´s first years in southern California and I am the 3rd owner for 30 years now. smile.gif
I enjoy looking at all the beautiful pictures here!

Regards
ArnoClick to view attachment
stevesc_us
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ May 24 2020, 09:05 PM) *

Stunning. Tell us more about your car. What color is that? Willow Green perhaps?
rymajo
Hi, all. My name’s Ryan. I've cruised these forums for years but recently figured it was time to actually register as a member and hopefully begin engaging more with the 914 community.

This '73 2.0 became my very first car in 2005.

Per the original window sticker, it was imported through Chicago and made its way a few hours south to Howard Hembrough Porsche+Audi in Springfield, Ill. As you all probably know, the paint option seen below was not from factory and is how the car looks currently. The gentleman who bought it off the lot had it done in 1976 — covering the car's actual factory option of Delphi Green Metallic.

That same owner eventually gave it to his brother, a local dentist, who lived in Canton, Mo., where the car then lived in his garage for the better part of 25 years — mostly as a grocery-getter or occasional weekend driver, accumulating only 53,000 miles by the time I picked it up 15 years ago.

But the first time I saw this car — or any 914, for that matter — was maybe around 1999 when I was 10 years old. My uncle’s a mechanic in Canton and had gotten to know the car and its owner over the years. During a family visit, my uncle took me to see it and we were able to go for a short drive. Love at first site. I started saving as much birthday, Christmas and lawn-mowing money as I could in the years following. My folks had made me a deal that if I saved up a majority of the cash for a vehicle purchase, they’d help cover up to a small difference when I turned 16. We would chat generally about what kind of car I hoped to have, and I kept coming back to a 914 — not specifically this one, but a 914, nonetheless.

I later found out that not long after that first drive with my uncle, my parents worked with him to help find a 914 that would serve as a surprise on my 16th birthday. I think he initially found a ’74 1.8 in decent shape and began restoring it. That endeavor lasted up until a tornado ripped through the shop it was in and destroyed it — just after receiving new paint.

A few months later, the dentist friend contacted my uncle, saying he was looking to sell the ’73. My uncle called my parents and convinced them that this was an even better opportunity to pick up where things left off after the ’74’s demise. Fastforward a year or two later, my folks sent me on a scavenger hunt for my 16th birthday with clues that ultimately led me to the keys of this 914 that I have today.

It was my daily in high school and first year or so of college before I transferred to another school a couple of hours away in 2012. My mom gave me her old Toyota Camry as a parting gift — something she felt would be a little safer as it offered more than just a seat belt and roll bar. I left the 914 with them and would go home as often as I could to drive it. But school picked up. I graduated. I started working and decided to pursue grad school. The time I had to get home and keep the 914 running reliably had long passed.
I ended up selling the Camry after several years and picked up a 2001 Trans Am WS6 to entertain myself. This was actually my best friend’s fault as he bought a Camaro Z28 of the same year and one thing led to another. But we had a hell of a time taking those cars to the drag strip just outside town and dragging a few of the local frat bros in their brand new Chargers and Challengers in the quarter mile.

That WS6 is what led me to a shop a few years ago, where I found a mechanic who had a side hustle working on classic Porsches with an older gentleman who’s been doing so for nearly 50 years. The 914 was in need of some professional help at that point, and that’s where it went. I trailered it down to their private shop last year and was able to drive it a couple of months back for the first time since 2013. All it really needed was a new fuel pump and it started right up. I went back a couple of weeks ago to put some more miles on it and clean out more cob webs. Now looking to help out around the shop as much as I can as the year progresses and get it ready for the Rolex 24 in 2021.

Fuel tank, pump and lines were cleaned and replaced as needed. The wonderful folks at PMB helped us with the brakes and its system's parts. Suspension, tires and a Scart Super Sound muffler are next on the to-do list. Then, in no particular order: quick-release MOMO Prototipo Wheel while reupholstering the original; get rid of the two side mirrors and go back to the factory driver-side single; pick up a new rear bumper top seal; and, maybe, repaint to the original Delphi Green Metallic — or something found in between Bahama and Signal Yellow with some very minimal cream-colored striping running down over the hood and trunk just off center.

Click to view attachment
brcacti
Ryan, welcome.png
rymajo
QUOTE(brcacti @ Jun 24 2020, 03:11 PM) *

Ryan, welcome.png

Thanks! Good to be here!
campbellcj
QUOTE(rymajo @ Jun 24 2020, 12:14 PM) *

Ryan, welcome.png

Thanks! Good to be here!

Likewise welcome.png --- looking forward to more updates and pics. I actually like Delphi Green by the way. aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
Good looking car...welcome
rymajo
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 24 2020, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(rymajo @ Jun 24 2020, 12:14 PM) *

Ryan, welcome.png

Thanks! Good to be here!

Likewise welcome.png --- looking forward to more updates and pics. I actually like Delphi Green by the way. aktion035.gif

Thanks! I think I like the Delphi too, although I've never seen one in person, and it appears to be a tough color to accurately capture in most photos I've come across. So I've always been on the fence about paint. But since I won't be entering any concours anytime soon, I suppose it doesn't really matter. And since the current paint was done in the '70s, it's definitely period correct!
rymajo
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 24 2020, 10:51 PM) *

Good looking car...welcome

Much appreciated!
dhempy
Hello from Carlsbad, CA...

I have had this 914 for 20 years and it has gone through a few iterations.

Originally Marathon Blue with a 2.0L. Upgraded to a built 2.6L w/Webers (15 years ago) but was problematic and unsatisfactory to me. Considered stuffing a SBC in the back but I thought that was a bit overkill. Settled on a WRX EJ205 2.0L engine in 2007 and never looked back. IMO it's the perfect engine for the car. Engine is stock but tuned - dyno-ed at 235HP & 265 ft-lbs of torque. A big thanks to Scott and the Crew at Renegade Hybrids for talking me into this.

Repainted with BMW Sparkling Graphite Metallic. BMW 330i side marker lights, steel flares, filled-in rain gutters on top, filled in fresh air intake (between wipers) and de-badged. Victor Equipment black Turismo wheels running 215-40R18 & 255/35R18 tires.

The photos below are from a photo shoot 8 years ago. A couple of magazines published articles on my 914 in 2012.

-Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.