Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Sleepin
At Route 66 2011 (photo courtesy of socalandy) :

Rockaria
QUOTE(laflaur @ Apr 7 2011, 10:51 AM) *

Hey Chris,
Would love to see more and hear the back story on your beautiful 2.0
John

It's a long and very cool story. So if you have to go the bathroom, do it. I'm not stopping once I start...

To start. Here is a link to my pics and documentation http://www.rockaria.net/914.20/

I am still trying to get it sorted out. But this is what I know.

In 1973 a professor from the local college ordered it and went to germany to pick it up. He drove it around Europe for a bit and then it was shipped to Las Cruces. I have included images of the original documents from Germany, original title, and numbers on the car to show it is a matching numbers car on my site.

The professor drove it until around 2003 when he sold it to his neighbor. His neigbor drove it only about 250 miles before it was parked a few years later.

The neigbor finally decided it was in the way and put it on Creigslist and I snatched it up. I found out why it was parked. It seems that the car is completely original, all the way down to every last piece of rubber, wire, radio, and all. The fuel lines leaked like a siv, it did not start, brake fluid was empty and as I found out, leaked from every piont. But the engin spun freely and all the electrics checked out. It was supper clean, besides 2 inches of mud and dirt and oil, 37 years of wear. The only rust is in the hell hole and battery tray. In fact the drivers side hole area of the engine compartment, once cleaned up of dirt and gunk, looks perfect.

Almost nothing on the car had ever been changed from original and almost never touched. Except the muffler I think. I am sure they did not come factory with MonzaExahust. It had different plugs, original plug wires. one different injector, and the battery tray was messed up. The tires had been replaced with 165X15 original size tires, but the spare is original. And it has been re-painted at least once.

I am starting to fix it back up. I did the fuel lines, pump, plugs, injectors, Optima red top, Brake lines (Those were original and really bad shape) and did a complete tuneup and recondition. I got it to run and drive. In fact the first time I tried to turn it over, after I fixed all the problems, it started on the first try. I am now a huge fan of D-Jet Injection, and taking the advice of my mechanic friend or starting an engine that has sat for years.

It has its share of dings and wear. It needs the interior re-done. New brakes, springs, tires, and some body work (paintless dent removal). But besides that the car is original, super nice and really great.

I will be taking more pictures Sunday and posting them to my site of close ups of the interior and other areas. If anyone needs a shot just let me know. As well I think I should eventually move this post to the Originallity forum so people can find the, images papers and documentaion of another original 73. they might be helpfull.

I hope this was not too long and you enjoyed my story.

Take care,
laflaur
Chris,
Great story,I look forward to the pictures, and
WELCOME TO THE WORLD!!!!
John
smontanaro
Just too dang nice here in the Chicago area today. After wearing myself out in the garden I decided the 914 needed a quick wash and a drive. When I got back I decided to see if my HTC EVO takes decent pictures or not. I also figured that since I'd never contributed to this thread perhaps I should take the opportunity...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
john grier
Nice six!!!
I like the wheels also!!!
John
Asa
First pics here of my new-ish 914. Got it from a friend who has had it at his towing and salvage yard for the last 6 months. The vin has been painted over, but registration papers left inside show it's a '74. I'm not even sure what size engine because it needs a deep cleaning before the numbers will be visible (although assumed 2.0 due to dual dellorto carbs, but please correct me if I'm wrong). confused24.gif I think it was originally the bright blue (as you can see from the paint where the seat backing used to be). It needs a LOT of work, but I can't complain, I got it for $650 and it has a clean title. I figure worst case scenario I can part it out and make my money back. The body needs some work, rust work, paint, engine work, new interior... pretty much the whole car needs to be rebuilt. Let the fun begin.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
racerbvd
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 10 2011, 01:21 PM) *

Just too dang nice here in the Chicago area today. After wearing myself out in the garden I decided the 914 needed a quick wash and a drive. When I got back I decided to see if my HTC EVO takes decent pictures or not. I also figured that since I'd never contributed to this thread perhaps I should take the opportunity...

SWEET, Metalic Blue??? That is what our "6" will look like, just waiting to find out which wheels it came with, as I have a set of each evilgrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eric9144
Took some cool pictures today, it's been a while since I've taken any of the 914, we'll start with the artsy ones...
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=259
751]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
eric9144
Some pics in sepia tone, car is Sliver metallic
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Porschewagon
I'll try again later.
RickS
She came to me 5 years ago. Originally a '71, but the PO added a 2 liter and fake Fuchers. The tires on it were some crappy off brand and were horrible. The body had a decent respray and the interior was in good shape - with a new carpet kit just installed. The car was fun but it had so much more potential.

My goal was to create a narrow body sleeper which had great 'go', cornered even better, and of course the crappy tires had to go.

The first change was the spoon-in-the-bowl tail shift had to go. I just was not talented enough driving the car occassionally not to screw up, so a side shift on a rebuilt 901 was done. Next, the suspension was very tired, so all of it was replaced. That really tightened things up - but it still had those crappy tires. So now it shifted well and cornered even better was lacking scoot. The Weber IDFs on the 2.0 block just lacked exhilaration. A friend who works on P-cars told me about a guy planning on doing a 6 conversion who dumped $15K into body work on an e-bay car bought sight unseen - which was full of rot. The $15K didn't include paint - just rot removal. So the guy added up the remaining paint work, and the 5 lug conversion, flares, and 3.0 motor (which needed a rebuild) added up the future receipts and bailed. So there was a nice 3.0 with Webbers just sitting there looking for a home. Well it found one. Because a bigger motor requires bigger brakes, early 911S alloys were fitted to the fronts with the stock units rebuilt for the back. A 5-lug conversion was done as well - from parts I sourced here and on the Pelican 911 clasifieds. A chasis stiffening kit was welded on and finally I got some new tires.

The transformation was complete and what a pleasure to drive. It carves the corners, and accelerates like its 225 horses suggest. The car has a sport exhaust and 914-6 heat exchangers and is loud when on the throttle - but quiets at crusining - just the way I like it.

For fun last weekend I converted the wiper squirters to an electric motor - next project is a hidden kill switch.

tottestad
Keeps the voices in my head quiet. Not much to look at, but fun to drive.
sixnotfour
chrishines
Gustl
wow drooley.gif

this one looks so fantastic wub.gif

beerchug.gif
Frodefe
I have not posted for a while.
I've been spending most of my time with wife/kids and in the garden rather than on the race track or AX'ing.
Here are four pictures taken last month. Also managed to test my latest upgrade; a lambda sensor and matching ECU. It runs real smooth and we meassured 213 HP at the wheels

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
porsche_dreamer
Where is the video of that dyno?
scott_in_nh
My 74 2.0

Kargeek
Click to view attachment

Haven't posted in a long time. The PCA Orange Coast region had it's concours on June 11th. Dusted off the car, polished the wheels and entered in the concours- street class. I was deducted 2 tenths for some grease under my oil pressure sender and some dirt on my headlight motor!
MoveQik
Looks amazing as always Jim! beerchug.gif
Gustl
had a great day today
took the teener for a 6 hrs tour

OmaPossu
Now I envy you for the car and landscape !
racerbvd
QUOTE(Frodefe @ Jun 12 2011, 09:41 PM) *

I have not posted for a while.
I've been spending most of my time with wife/kids and in the garden rather than on the race track or AX'ing.
Here are four pictures taken last month. Also managed to test my latest upgrade; a lambda sensor and matching ECU. It runs real smooth and we meassured 213 HP at the wheels

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Man if you were local, our cars would look great next to each other, mine is Viper Green,
Click to view attachment
I also have the hood mount lightsClick to view attachment
and same bumper,
Click to view attachment
but in steel...
Andyrew
IPB Image

IPB Image

Thought I'd add my favorites of mine!
GaroldShaffer
My 74 project.

Madswede
[EDIT: this is in reply to post #3721]: I just envy anyone with a teener in Austria and areas like that. Spent time learning to ski in Austria and Bavaria when I was a lucky (though I didn't think of myself as lucky) young pup in the late 70s / early 80s. Those roads in the spring must be as legendary as our Rocky Mountain roads here in the USA! beerchug.gif
corsepervita
Weeeeeeeeee
IPB Image
Steve73
Here is my 914 in all it's Gory. I'm at least going to get this thing running and drive it around the block before I part it out if that ends up being all it's good for. Lots of rust on many exterior panels and the floorboards are rusted through almost everywhere it seems. Is this worth saving?

Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
I have only had her for a bit over a week at this point.
IPB Image
Zimms
That is nice!
welcome.png
ChristopherB
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jul 26 2011, 09:44 AM) *

That is nice!
welcome.png

Thanks, I am loving it but I think the car and I will be happier when it is not 100 degrees and humid!
IPB Image
JMKnight
nice yellow six. pretty original if not original. would rather have one with more pizaz, but this is it.
JMKnight
Click to view attachment
JMKnight
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 27 2011, 10:01 AM) *

had a great day today
took the teener for a 6 hrs tour

Too bad you didn't cut down that bush behind it. What a beautiful setting. sad.gif
AZ914
JMKnight,
Looks nice! The 'original' sixes are now worth big bucks. Keep it stock!
pnewman
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 1 2011, 05:30 PM) *

My 74 project.

Garold!

I hope that you can find a 3.0 for this one too!

my teener finally goes off for paint next week! Look forward to another cook out w/ some other teeners! beer.gif

Start a build thread for your 74.

Pete
sooba_dave
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Feb 17 2011, 01:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Here are the before pixs...

Here are some progress photos...
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Aug 22 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Click to view attachment

What exhaust is that?
rnellums
QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Aug 22 2011, 11:43 AM) *

Those velocity stacks are HUGE!!! happy11.gif
JMKnight
agree.gif
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 2 2011, 08:50 AM) *

JMKnight,
Looks nice! The 'original' sixes are now worth big bucks. Keep it stock!

YES stock is the way to go with this one! It is really ruff when I see all the beautiful machines on the site, not to do some modifications, (especially flares and sway-bars)but I do not think that I'll change my 6.
RON S.

I haven't yet posted my car pics even thought I've been posting here for 10 years or more.

Here's my efforts after 13 years of restoration practice.

Ron
RON S.

Here's a few more. all recent vintage.

Ron
BajaXJ92
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Would love to see some video of your car, Ron!
rnellums
My new purchase after my previous project was totaled by a gentleman running a red light.
The Old:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
The New
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mtn flyr
That ice green is way cool!!!
sooba_dave
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 24 2011, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Aug 22 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Click to view attachment

What exhaust is that?

Kerry Hunter header, Supertrapp muffler.
VRROOMM1
1970 black
71 sixer
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentA few pictures of my 1971 914-6 that I recently acquired from the original owner. He still had the window sticker and the original bill of sale.

Absolute blast to drive.

I perfer it over my 1987 911 Carrera.

Tim
71 sixer
Click to view attachment
71 sixer
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.