Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Jeroen
We'll be having a "members gallery" where you can upload your pics running over the winter...

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
VSG,

It is on my things to do list. This thread will get cleaned up within the next 30 days or so.

B
TheCabinetmaker
outstanding!
roundboy914
here is my 76 2.0, with a new engine
roundboy914
good 10' car, exterior original, but rough.
roundboy914
engine and linkage for carbs
roundboy914
oops, forgot photo
dryheat914
Andy helped me out, so I will post these

Thanks again Andy...
dryheat914
another
dryheat914
another
Aaron Cox
what carb linkage is that? also, what throttle cable bracket is that? i NEED to square up my linkage!
Brad Roberts
Aaron,

Its all store bought carbs/linkage from CB Performance. The throttlw bracket is a custom jobby somebody fabbed up. I use something similar in my carbed cars.

B
roundboy914
yeah, like he said.
the linkage is C.B. Performance Cross Shaft Linkage, and the bracket was made up by Brad Mayeur.
Aaron Cox
i got some crappy BUGPACK crap!
double-a
ok, here's ours, 1974 2.0, polar white. wub.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

i would also like to note that 'onrails' is no longer available as a custom plate in washington. laugh.gif

Bruce Allert
MMMMMmmmmmmmmm I love white wub.gif
Nice teener there Mr. "D". Should bring it to RainBonnet at PIR the weekend of the 7th 8th & 9th.
bruce
dryheat914
Nice ride Doulbe-a

beerchug.gif driving.gif
double-a
thanks, we love it! we acquired it from fellow 914club member boxstr, aka craig laughlin. i always swore i'd never own a white car, but a 914 just looks so good no matter what color she's wearing. laugh.gif
rhodyguy
the new pup.

kevin
" doesn't even paper training"
nyum96
Like I've said for years, "It's almost finished."

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(nyum96 @ Oct 29 2003, 09:25 PM)
Like I've said for years, "It's almost finished."

finished? confused24.gif
they are always "work in progress" ...

welcome to the board! wow, you are Member #1200 smilie_pokal.gif
Andy
Brad Roberts
Damn.. that stripe is COOL.

Welcome to the BBS. You have come to the right place. clap56.gif

B
Scott S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 30 2003, 01:31 AM)
Damn.. that stripe is COOL.

Is that the stripe a certain less than knowledgable "doctor" sold as a rare factory option - in fact it was so rare that the factory didn't even know about it?! Good Lord do I hate that guy.

Very nice looking car. beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
ayup....AA sells those on ebay occasionally ohmy.gif
nyum96
Thanks. There is a ton on nights sleeping on the couch, busted nuckles, and PO horror stories.

The stripe came from AA. I paid only $10 for it. Too bad its peeling off now. It seemed to be made for Porsche. The bag had VW AG on it.

I was at the "Doctors office" today and he said Quote.."All e-bay useres are thieves and I hate them all!" I overheard him yelling at his staff about e-bay and paypal. Just think, he was about to sell me used junk, again. Yack.gif

So, what do I win for being member 1200 smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Barry
StratPlayer
Two free tickets to the Price is Right starring Bob Barker and his beauties....
larryp
And it is "almost finished". Just two or three more years to go ...
Pnambic
Figured I oughta get a picture of my projects up here.
Project 1 is the easy project (I hope).
Just needs some minor welding and the carb setup put back on.
Then a new paint job. The PO put one of those 20 ft. paint jobs on it....to cover flaws I'm sure, one of which I just stumbled upon....more on that in another post. I really like that aubergine color....hmmm.
IPB Image

Project 2 is a roller that needs to be torn down completely and rebuilt.
There's a bit more rust on #2.
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
gotta love black sixes...... wub.gif
larryp
Thanks Aaron. You'd love this one, and it will be completely finished this winter. All that is left is really small stuff, just weekend chores. clap56.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif

About friggin' time.
serge914
What do you think of my hubcaps ?
serge914
Bought them $2.00 each on Ebay. They fit better with my budget than the Panasport I was looking for.
seanery
serge, you are very good with a camera! Nice Pics!
Eric Taylor
Serge- WOW! I really like the look of that single color! What color is that? It looks awsome, just really clean.
Eric
serge914
Thanks

The trick is to take pictures when the sun is low.
The car was that color when I bought it and the closest match I found for it is some kind of GM dark grey.
kafermeister
I had a '74 Beetle in the late 80's which my father painted a GM color "dark charcoal" was what the paint shop told me it was called. It looked exactly like your 914. I loved that color.

Rick
richardc197
510hp

640 foot pounds of torque

0 to 150 Mph in 10.6 Seconds

Top speed Mach 5

Surfboard capacity 0.

Babe capacity. Who’s counting!

IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Washed the car today. The wheels are Racing Dynamics for a 930 turbo. The rears are9.5/17 with a 20.5mm offset with a 255/40/17 tire and I'm using a 1" spacer on these for clearence on the inside. The fronts are 8.5 with a 13.5mm offset and a 235/40/17 tire with no spacer.

I've owned the car since 1984 and have been working on it for the last year. I installed a 350 chevy that I built from a bare block. I built all of my conversion mounts and brackets myself I Did the 5 lug conversion with a front suspension and brakes from a 86 911 on the rear I used vented rotors and the stub axles from the 911. I also used the axles from a 89 all wheel drive 911 and made adapters for the 901 transaxle.

I've been driving the car for a few months now. Was even brave enough to take it on a 1000 mile round trip a few weeks ago.

Bob
Joe Bob
Nice....can we see some better pics of the wheels? What are the specs on the car?
914werke
Really smilie_pokal.gif agree.gif
The car looks TUFF Bob aktion035.gif
914werke
I guess I need to finally need to get off my bootyshake.gif an post mine. Sooo...
rick 918-S
bigkat 83, Cool color! Give is more info.

rdauenhauer, Great look, is it a survivor? (original paint, stripe, etc.)
914werke
Rich stone stock (well except for the euro lens's). Just keep up the maintenance and they last 30 yrs! lol2.gif
Its got some rust as usual (you can see I took off the sail vinal to treat the trim spots), but as long as I keep top of it its cool.
Spending all my time trying to bring the the 74 back from the dead.
Andyrew
Bob, that is a very nice car! I love the color and the wheels! very clean!

Any more pics? Very nice!

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Nov 16 2003, 11:24 PM)
Lets try this

almost makes me like orange laugh.gif

i think if you got GT rockers, that would look better,
but the car is really nice!

Andy
Curvie Roadlover
Beautiful, BIGKAT! smilie_pokal.gif
grayson
First post!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Just bought it a few weeks ago. Only stalled it once (my fault).

Its my first 914!

74 1.8. FI. Flowed heads. Optical Ign. Old style linkage (I dont remember why the seller said he did this other than (it was easier to work on I think). The seller was a 914 mechanic and this was his last of about a dozen he'd had over the years. Rust on the chassis and past the paint is minimal. It goes much faster than my daily driver saab. Needs weather stripping and new door handles.

Ironically my main car didnt start up yesterday and I had to use my "project" car to get to work. Its got a nice loud exhaust, which everyone loves when in the parking garage =) But after seeing it, everyone calls it the Porsche GOAP =\

I was going to sell it for a little more than I got it, as I became overwhelmed by the vanity repairs and I thought "I can make a few bucks" but I just love seeing it too much in my driveway and love driving it even more. I'm still on the fence though, as I'm pretty damned busy and impatient when it comes to fixin stuffs (but not lazy).
Brad Roberts
Welcome Grayson !! clap56.gif clap56.gif

You have come to the right place.

The car looks better than half of what I see people starting with. Drive it once a week and start experimenting with how the car handles. You havent even tipped the iceberg yet on what the little cars do.

B
grayson
Thanks! I've been lurking on ebay and craigslist for a number of years for a 914. I'm super excited about this one. The only documentation I've got is the pelican parts guides and a haynes manual and a knowledgable friend with a 72 911T.

I had a hell of a time finding the gas tank the first time I was on empty!

Speaking of which, I don't even know what kind of oil and filter I should use! I live near the san francisco area, so no snow but wet. Anyone have any recommendations?

Heres a pic of the engine. The air filter is from home depot (!) I'll probably replace it with a K&N but it works great.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.