Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
ABC914
Here's my baby. Brought brandy-new in 1971. Recently added 3.2l, 996 TT brakes, 9"&10"x18" wheels, full rollcage, Boxster S transmission. Baby goes like snot, stops on a dime, corners on rails and shifts smooth as butter. Did I miss any cliches?
Lou W
ABC914, Very Nice biggrin.gif more pictures clap56.gif
ABC914
My car at Le Mans
ABC914
Interior and underneath.
ABC914
Underside.
ABC914
Engine.
seanery
LeMans, huh? drooley.gif drooley.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 3 2004, 06:37 AM)
LeMans, huh?

Possibly LePhotoShoppe ...
ABC914
Exactement!
seanery
looked real to me wink.gif
smg914
WOW.....Hey ABC914, Your first name wouldn't happen to be AL would it? Some parts of your bahia red 914 sure looks like the same car I knew way back in the 70's when I was a NNJR member. If so, it sure has been a long time since we last had a chat and your car still looks great, even with the drastic upgrades. By the way, I still have my tangerine 914-6 that I had back in the 70's. You may remember me better by my phoenix red '73 2 liter which I sold to buy my 6 through Joe Reid back in 1978.

Steve Gaglione - nine.fourteen@verizon.net
Stutgart46
Hey ABC914, when is your car going to be in Excellence?
If they haven't contacted you yet, they will/should.
Nice car.
ABC914
We're working on it now. Probably in the next couple of months we'll take the pictures. Publication? Who knows?

Thanks. It's a blast to drive, street and track.
Series9
ABC914,

I'm curious to know what master cylinder you're using.

I like the 986 tranny. How difficult was it to make it work?

Oh, nice car! I, too, am hoping to attract the attention of Excellence when mine is finished.

Joe
ABC914
Was it difficult? How about 1½ years work? Nothing fits. Adapter plate had to be created between engine and trans. Support had to be created. New pedal set configured (none of the connections fit). Tone ring added to drive speedo. Mercedes Benz 23mm M/C works great with 996 TT brakes. Excellent feel and pedal travel.

Was it worth it? Definitely. Could not be better.

I especially like the look of the fender flares. Makes the car almost voluptuous, takes away some of the boxiness of the shape. I like it anyway.

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Series9
ABC914,

Thanks for the info. I have a pair of GT2 (6-piston PCCB Brembos) on the front of my car and ended up with a softer pedal than I wanted. I will probably change to a 23mm M/C as well.

For me, I've always LOVED the factory flairs, which are on my car in steel. However, I do think yours look great and can really appreciate the time it must have taken to make them look that good.

I have a 915 Vellios conversion. The 915 is very strong, but I'm a little jealous of how nicely yours must shift.

I can drive mine around the block at this point, but it will likely not be totally finished until next summer. If Excellence shoots your car, let me know how it goes. I'd like to know who to contact.

Thanks,
Joe
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(ABC914 @ Sep 3 2004, 08:24 AM)
My car at Le Mans

I hope Wayne Taylor didn't hold you up too long there. I know how much it sucks when you get caught behind those prototype cars while on a hot lap cool.gif
Series9
I can't resist one more. This is my favorite picture from the build. How often do you get to do this...
Series9
Damn. Sorry about that. This is the one I thought I selected.
Brad Roberts
Joe,

Pete Stout the feature editor of Excellence is a 914 owner and contributor to this club site. I'll make sure Pete sees some pics of your car... finish it up and I'm betting there is a future article to be written on it.

B
vintage914racer
Here is an old picture of my 1971 914. Its been a racecar since 1973...I've been racing it for about 5 years.
ABC914
914RS/Joe,

I appreciate your comments. And, after looking back at your pictures, I really appreciate what you're doing with your car. A tad more serious than my effort. clap56.gif

And it looks really terrific. The work looks meticulous.

As for the transmission, we look at all sorts of options, G50, Wevo sequential, 915, etc. Either too big, too heavy, too long, or, well, you get the picture. The Boxster trans seemed like the perfect answer IF we could get it to fit. My shop did a great job and now I'm as happy as a clam (if a clam ever tried to drive a stick - we know they all drive tiptronics).

I'll keep you posted with respect to Excellence, but I know in general, magazine lead times are unbelievable, so it could be quite a while before anything appears in print.
Series9
Thanks Brad,

You have no idea what it would mean to me to even be considered.

Joe
Lou W
ABC914, Tell me about the rear flairs, they really look great, metal? hand shaped? etc. Thanks, Lou
Levi
Well after all those new entrys I'm almost ashamed to show the 74 2.0L...what the hell..here it is
Don't you just love the red Empi's.. lol2.gif
beerchug.gif
ABC914
"ABC914, Tell me about the rear flairs, they really look great, metal? hand shaped? etc. Thanks, Lou"

Lou, they're metal. The craftsman cut out the wheel openings, added pizza slices of steel to flare the openings, then welded back on the original wheel opening profile. Truly master work. All steel, little Bondo to smooth surfaces.

Thanks,
ABC
Nemo914
My two favorite rides. I have been trying to get this photo for years. Wing commander finally let me. 72 1.7 all stock and F-15 Eagle with a few upgrades.
86motoman
Thankyou 914...couldn't have done this without you! Used a parts car, bought the car for $500....have about another $500 into it.
Trekkor
motoman- that car looks familiar cool.gif

here's me
AZ914
Greg,

Thats a beautiful car. I remember reading about in on Tim's old 'TIMS 914 FAN WEBPAGE'!

EDIT: Hey, where are the yellow wheels? biggrin.gif
gopack
well I'm sure some of you have seen my pics alrady , but i was browsing through this thread and got inspired. so here is my "ride". i drove it for a summer, and then after the clutch went i put it up to do my full "restore". planning on 5 lugs, 911 fr brakes, flares, maybe a 916 fr and rear look, fuches, and a totla interior remodel if the cash holds out
wish me luck cause it is SLOW going!

MARK
monkei
my obsession for the next several years.....
monkei
pic #2.
McMark
Another Zambezi 914! smilie_pokal.gif Yeah! One of my top three colors!
d7n7master
Our '73 2.0S
Toast
Nemo914,
Awesome picture! smilie_pokal.gif

Greg robbins,
I love bumble bees... wub.gif

Great cars everyone! burnout.gif
tod914
Looks nice... guess that would be a YellowJacket not a bumble bee.
yellowFV
Here's my 73 2.0 Liter Z. Green Car

rob wellner
Aaron Cox
nice trailer!

cars nice too smilie_pokal.gif
Lou W
Couple of nice 73's biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
Here is my ride.
That's Yosemite in the background.
jim912928
Mine on it's maiden voyage after 10 months of restoration work (it was trailered in it was soooo bad). That is my "i can't believe it's finally done" pose!
914momo
DAMN.............That is one clean looking teener smilie_pokal.gif
BIGKAT_83
Been thinking of what color to paint my new project. It WILL be silver.

That looks great. The big bumpers even look good. Damn good job

Bob
GTeener
Purdy Jim! drooley.gif

Good work!
Porsche Rescue
Jim, are those 16" Boxster wheels? Any spacers or other mods required to mount them? What size tires? Beautiful
jim912928
yes they are boxster 16" rims. I have Michelin 205's on them all the way around. As in all 914's..the rear fender clearance is never the same on each side. I have a 7mm spacer on the passenger rear so the tire doesn't rub the inner fender well.

Nice thing about boxster 16" rims is you can get them pretty cheap!
phantom914
Jim,

Very nice car. What mirrors did you put on?

Andrew
jim912928
911 "flag" style mirrors. Trick to those since they mount lower is to make sure you also get the 911 support bracket that goes on the inside of the doors for strength.

Jim
Porsche Rescue
Forgot to ask about width. Boxsters have wider rears I think. Are yours all the same width? Fronts from Boxster? Really like the look on a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.