Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
campbellcj
IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Getting ready for 914 birthday party.
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
Garland
QUOTE(Mr Bee @ Jul 22 2019, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 27 2002, 02:58 PM) *

Let’s see your babies, 914’s only please!
We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

Sorry our pic is a bit crappy.

Mark & Kim Henry, Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

Cheers David and Carrie Tipton
This is our babie BUMBLEBEE

Click to view attachment

AGAIN HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Good to see you here on the World!

Great group up there in the north.
welcome.png
JOEPROPER
Click to view attachment
Work in progress.
DRPHIL914
Happy birthday 914’s on 9/14 and my cars birthday was 09/15 1975!

Here in Banner Elk , NC mountains
brcacti
Orange 1973 914 in 1983, me at age 30
Blue 1974 914 in 2019
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
brcacti
nice, have not seen that color often
brcacti
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 21 2019, 05:23 AM) *

Great shine to that car
brcacti
Similar looking to the 1973 I used to have long ago
mr_guts
Hiya World Members,

First 914, first post, first greeting. Grateful for these resources here as I am for those on 311.org for my Datsun Roadster. Many thanks to each of you who take time to write up the experiences you have with your cars, so many ways to ride for sure.

Took delivery of this '75 914-4 1.8L just this month. A great find which was posted here on 914World, again grateful. Enjoying this car right now while getting to know these cars overall. Developing my long play for this car too.

This photo was taken along Ca Hwy 1 in Big Sur a week after taking delivery of the car from World member JoeProper. A few times a month one or two drivers meetup in Paso Robles to head North on 1 from the south end of Big Sur at dawn while one or two more head south from the North End. We meet in the middle, watch the sun light the ocean and then head north to Deetjens for breakfast at 8 am. It is a two hundred mile round trip, sometimes more if I head north and go out Carmel Valley Rd. Been doing this in my Datsun, my Mini and will get this 914 in the mix as a contender next year.
JOEPROPER
wub.gif welcome.png
johnhora
Looks Great mr_guts....
mooty
Click to view attachment
HaraldD
Hello,

before two weeks we made a little ride across the Rheingau / Loreley...

Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
Some recent updates to wheels and suspension.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
The latest batch of pics of my car. These were taken by a true Motorsport photographer. Antonio Alvendia from MotorMaven...
brcacti
VERY NICE looking cars guys smile.gif
ClayPerrine

Click to view attachment

From left to right... Elwood, 1970 Factory six, Frody 1974 1.8L L-jet, Betty's daily driver, Igor (Pronounced Eye-gore) 1973 914-6 Conversion 4.0L 964 engine, Cayman 6 speed.

Life's been good...
brcacti
THREE Clay ???? wow that's cool
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 3 2019, 01:54 PM) *

I only own 1 and a half. The other 1 and a half is owned by my wife Betty.

The orange one is hers. The red one is mine, and the blue one is ours.

brcacti
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 28 2002, 09:03 PM) *

G'day eh! Kim, where do you call home now?

I think I'm the only Porsche owner in the Port (of no) Hope! But I'm a half-hour from Oshawa, Ontario and would you beleive that there is two 914 shops there. My bud Mike Galloway run's Mikes 914 and there is Harmondy Road Porsche. Between the two there must be 100+ scrap 914's and a couple dozen project cars and several nice ones. There is quite a few 914 owners in Ontario.

My car is a '74 1.8 and it is originaly white, a PO had it painted the orange. Great pains were taken not to over-spray the trunks. They painted right around the folded edge of the lids and the jams were painted. A good job, but it was done in the 80's and I will repaint in a couple of years. I would repaint it white, but the wife loves the orange and to tell the truth so do I. The teen is almost totally rust free and was originally from BC.

The last owner bought it in 1986, and put 3000 miles on it, it had 74,000miles when we got it last summer. He was an old customer's uncle and they brought the car to me because they couldn't get it running. It had seized injectors and needed shocks etc. When I told the guy how much it was going to cost, he said it was for sale.
I didn't even think about buying it, the guy asked me to drive it for a week, before he put it up for sale. I told the wife to drive it and 'bam' she wanted it!

I picked it up for $4500 Canadian so, thats what, maybe $2700 US. What a deal!
It's a totally cool machine, we are both hooked on it! Who needs drugs, buy a 914 if you need a rush! We now both want more power, this year it gets a 2L d-jet, but I maybe looking for a six next winter. I was going to restore a set of 4 bolt fuch's, but I will run the empi's for one more year, while I think about a six.

Yeah the orange does look good on the tiny 914 would not even think about that color on any other regular car, my first 914 was orange great car and color
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2019, 11:59 AM) *

Oscar

Click to view attachment
brcacti
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 4 2019, 02:55 PM) *

Oscar

Click to view attachment

It is always so interesting when so many in one family, I once knew someone who's family had 3 Carmen Ghia's
brcacti
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 4 2019, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 4 2019, 02:55 PM) *

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Wow Oscar can you tell us why she has 3?

It is always so interesting when so many in one family, I once knew someone who's family had 3 Carmen Ghia's

Big Len
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Sep 27 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Hello,

before two weeks we made a little ride across the Rheingau / Loreley...

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car, love the wheels. Bet they're a bitch to clean, but they make the car.
Optimusglen
On my early morning jaunt down to the start of the Overcrest rally. It was too beautiful for me to not pull over.

IPB Image
JOEPROPER

wub.gif
TitanMZ3
Just picked this '75 914 1.8L last month. It was someone's restoration project that was about 90% done. I'll do the last 10%. It had American Racing Daisy rims, but I switched them out for these 8 spoke rims. I'll switch to Mahle 4 lug mini gas burners later for that period look.

brcacti
Great looking car
slivel
Retired from 23 years track duty. Now in street trim. 914 Outlaw.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

rothaus
1976 2.0L

IPB Image
sb914
Click to view attachment
spookyjones
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(spookyjones @ Nov 3 2019, 09:23 PM) *

nice picture, that paint job appears to bend light to the point it almost cant see it! love the haircut! lol-2.gif
Steve
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 13 2019, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(spookyjones @ Nov 3 2019, 09:23 PM) *

nice picture, that paint job appears to bend light to the point it almost cant see it! love the haircut! lol-2.gif

agree.gif
Beautiful blue color, but it might be my ABM background.
RDH22
My new obsession
abes914
QUOTE(RDH22 @ Nov 15 2019, 07:25 AM) *

My new obsession

Beautiful car. Love the color and it’s stance. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Tell us more about the car and more picture please.
beerchug.gif

GaroldShaffer
New project. My 74 "barn find" LE It's a hot mess, but has really good bones.

Junebug
Click to view attachment
These are my two bay area daily drivers there's a few more up hwy 88...
sixnotfour
Retired from 23 years track duty. Now in street trim. 914 Outlaw.

Really like the lettering.. beerchug.gif
Hum_et_bons_riffs
Here's mine, a 1974 2.0L that will probably be the subject of a future rustoration thread

IPB Image
sixnotfour
QLTY 1
National Guardsmen stop traffic and check IDs before letting people in Galveston airport after Hurricane Alicia, August 2, 1983.
Cliff 914
New to the boards. Here's my 73 1.7
It has some rough spots...Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Dawn in Seal Beach.....
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 15 2019, 12:30 PM) *

Dawn in Seal Beach.....

Beautiful car Jim - ever wonder how many L99k cars were ordered in’75?

Last Saturday car show for Children’s benefit
Gatornapper
Phil -

Wish this forum had a "Like" button.......you'd see it from me with every pic.....

GN

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 15 2019, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 15 2019, 12:30 PM) *

Dawn in Seal Beach.....

Beautiful car Jim - ever wonder how many L99k cars were ordered in’75?

Last Saturday car show for Children’s benefit

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Dec 15 2019, 06:16 PM) *

Phil -

Wish this forum had a "Like" button.......you'd see it from me with every pic.....

GN

agree.gif Phils '75 is better than new and the back dated bumpers make the Copper pop. Those wheels look great too, I like that finish. smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 16 2019, 07:44 AM) *

Phil -

GN

agree.gif Phils '75 is better than new and the back dated bumpers make the Copper pop. Those wheels look great too, I like that finish. smile.gif

@Gatornapper
@jim_hoyland

thanks guys, we always have great conversations at these events so much fun, seems like every one loves the 914's and most over 50 yoa have either had one or know someone that did! Jim you've done some cool mods like the fuel door I just cant make myself do that to my hood. I have considered getting the seats you have from GTS but I would do the orange/black houndstooth inserts like 914rubber.com has, I wanted to get a set on black Friday but missed out - $75 was a steal! someday I'd like to get some east coast guys together and do a 2 week road trip to SOCAL and back! go see our west coast bros and see the sights, that could be epic!
- maybe make it on time for the Route 66 -that would be another thread.
the wheels are 6"x16" fuchs , I have 7" for the rear and may put them back on for Amelia Island but they are super tight and I need to do alignment and add a degree of rear camber, there is none right now. - Jim, you have rear Bilistein Sport shccks, right? what ring slot are the set on ? I am on the 3rd down from top and feel I need to go back up one, I am afraid to drop the front or I will add more bump steer-
What do you thing about this plaid? I have the black/gray plaid currently—-
mepstein
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 16 2019, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 16 2019, 07:44 AM) *

Phil -

GN

@Gatornapper
@jim_hoyland

thanks guys, we always have great conversations at these events so much fun, seems like every one loves the 914's and most over 50 yoa have either had one or know someone that did! Jim you've done some cool mods like the fuel door I just cant make myself do that to my hood. I have considered getting the seats you have from GTS but I would do the orange/black houndstooth inserts like 914rubber.com has, I wanted to get a set on black Friday but missed out - $75 was a steal! someday I'd like to get some east coast guys together and do a 2 week road trip to SOCAL and back! go see our west coast bros and see the sights, that could be epic!
- maybe make it on time for the Route 66 -that would be another thread.
the wheels are 6"x16" fuchs , I have 7" for the rear and may put them back on for Amelia Island but they are super tight and I need to do alignment and add a degree of rear camber, there is none right now. - Jim, you have rear Bilistein Sport shccks, right? what ring slot are the set on ? I am on the 3rd down from top and feel I need to go back up one, I am afraid to drop the front or I will add more bump steer-
What do you thing about this plaid? I have the black/gray plaid currently—-

Love the plaid but too much with your copper car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.