Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Jay Gratton
Found her in a shed in Maine a few years ago with 19K on her. A bath, polish and some wax and here she is. Orig. brake pads and everything!
6freak
what parade did you attend with that little red hotrod...? What color is it...like the #
pnewman
QUOTE(Jay Gratton @ Jan 6 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Found her in a shed in Maine a few years ago with 19K on her. A bath, polish and some wax and here she is. Orig. brake pads and everything!

Nice looking find!

Did you have to redo the fuel system since it sat for so long without running?
Jay Gratton
The car is Bahia Red and that is the 2008 Parade in Charlotte. Believe it or not, I didn't have to do anything to the fuel system besides the fuel filter. I was shocked, but the car ran good. The guy drained the gas out of it, I was lucky.
racerbvd
QUOTE(RickS @ Jan 2 2012, 09:15 PM) *

IF thaat targa bar could only talk....

Click to view attachment
orange914
QUOTE(Jay Gratton @ Jan 6 2012, 11:14 AM) *

WOW nice find. beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 29 2011, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 9 2011, 07:09 AM) *

1976 914 2.0 (Project number 2)

IPB Image

beer.gif Hey,that is my car!!! beer.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(RickS @ Jan 2 2012, 11:15 PM) *

IF thaat targa bar could only talk....

Knowing Byron, I'm sure that 914 came with the Uber Rare "Scratch & Sniff" Option shades.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Jay Gratton @ Jan 6 2012, 02:55 PM) *

The car is Bahia Red and that is the 2008 Parade in Charlotte. Believe it or not, I didn't have to do anything to the fuel system besides the fuel filter. I was shocked, but the car ran good. The guy drained the gas out of it, I was lucky.

I didnt attend Charlotte Parade ...way to far to drive ..
bandi
IPB Image
My '72 914 which I just purchased yesterday while looking at a Beetle the owner had (which I also bought. Oops) Longs are decent, floorpan has been redone with factory panels, and redone nicely. It even came with paint already mixed up.

Sorry for the terrible iPhone pic, I'll be posting more taken with a proper camera.

Came with a complete '73 2.0 parts car (minus the interior and glass, as it had a bad fire inside), but the engine and most mechanical parts survived, as well as 2 truck loads full of spares (now I really can't move in my garage). It also has a nice Monza exhaust.

It's my first 914, but I'm definitely not new to them or the air-cooled world, I worked at Mike's 914s for 2 years doing restoration work and repairs on them, and I own a bunch of Beetles (currently 12)

Plans are to keep it pretty much original (those rims have to go, ditto with color matched sail panel trim!), and maybe have a bit of fun autocrossing it at some local events this summer.

I'm glad I found this site, looks like an incredible resource with some great people! (And some REALLY nice cars!)
bandi
IPB Image
My '72 914 which I just purchased yesterday while looking at a Beetle the owner had (which I also bought. Oops) Longs are decent, floorpan has been redone with factory panels, and redone nicely. It even came with paint already mixed up.

Sorry for the terrible iPhone pic, I'll be posting more taken with a proper camera.

Came with a complete '73 2.0 parts car (minus the interior and glass, as it had a bad fire inside), but the engine and most mechanical parts survived, as well as 2 truck loads full of spares (now I really can't move in my garage). It also has a nice Monza exhaust.

It's my first 914, but I'm definitely not new to them or the air-cooled world, I worked at Mike's 914s for 2 years doing restoration work and repairs on them, and I own a bunch of Beetles (currently 12)

Plans are to keep it pretty much original (those rims have to go, ditto with color matched sail panel trim!), and maybe have a bit of fun autocrossing it at some local events this summer.

I'm glad I found this site, looks like an incredible resource with some great people! (And some REALLY nice cars!)
pnewman
Congrats on your first 914. I had a super beetle, a kharman Ghia and a 71 bus before I purchased my first 914. I don't look back with any regret.

Welcome to the club. Some great cats hangin' out in these alleys.

Pete welcome.png
bandi
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jan 8 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Congrats on your first 914. I had a super beetle, a kharman Ghia and a 71 bus before I purchased my first 914. I don't look back with any regret.

Welcome to the club. Some great cats hangin' out in these alleys.

Pete welcome.png

Thank you! Sadly the weather has been too crappy to actually start working on it- but that'll happen soon enough. I need to bribe my friend who I'm doing some work on his '71 911 to let me use some of his shop space biggrin.gif

Black914_4
my first 914, '74 2.0 I bought a couple weeks ago.
Runs and drives. I love driving it. Only conplains so far is:
1: yet another 5 speed with no cup holders for my coffee. biggrin.gif
2: not enough room between the steering wheel and shifter for my leg.
rjames
QUOTE(Jay Gratton @ Jan 6 2012, 02:55 PM) *

I hope you replaced the fuel lines!

Fantastic looking car- nice find. smile.gif
majkos
I've been meaning to get a picture of my latest 914 on for awhile 5-6-7?yrs

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present

wub.gif "Beauty"

Click to view attachment
rnellums
Love it!
QUOTE(majkos @ Jan 28 2012, 08:36 PM) *

wub.gif "Beauty"

Click to view attachment

NORD
Nice Car drooley.gif

I like the rims on there driving.gif
jonferns
It's been a while, here are two from this past year

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
All wrapped up waiting for transport to Germany first.gif
Click to view attachment
bandi
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 28 2012, 11:22 PM) *

Nice Car drooley.gif

I like the rims on there driving.gif

I was going to say the same!
Bullethead
Looking forward to the 2012 vintage/historics season.
pnewman
QUOTE(majkos @ Jan 28 2012, 05:36 PM) *

wub.gif "Beauty"

Click to view attachment

The dog ears poking up behind the wood steering wheel are priceless! Who needs an alarm? LOL

Looks great!
RickS
Might was well post the latest version...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

relentless
My first attempt to upload a photo here, I hope it works! I built this car over 30 years ago, my how times have changed. It started life as a tangerine '72 1.7L, but has a 2.7L Corvair six in it currently.
bandi
QUOTE(relentless @ Feb 1 2012, 01:49 AM) *

My first attempt to upload a photo here, I hope it works! I built this car over 30 years ago, my how times have changed. It started life as a tangerine '72 1.7L, but has a 2.7L Corvair six in it currently.

I like that... definitely a blast from the past, but I really like how retro it looks.
bandi
Took a few more pics of my mostly dismantled beast:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Can't wait to get started on this project!!
pnewman
QUOTE(bandi @ Feb 6 2012, 03:41 PM) *

Your drivers door jamb looks good. Looks like you have a good frame there.

Good luck.

Perhaps you should start a build thread. I would like to see it progress.
scott_in_nh
With the mild winter we've been having I am still using the 914 weekly when not daily, but twice now I didn't know that partly cloudy meant snow squalls! (sorry for the crappy phone pic)
dry.gif
bandi
QUOTE(pnewman @ Feb 6 2012, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(bandi @ Feb 6 2012, 03:41 PM) *

Your drivers door jamb looks good. Looks like you have a good frame there.

Good luck.

Perhaps you should start a build thread. I would like to see it progress.

Thanks!
Yeah, it's a pretty solid car (I mean, it has rust, but IS a 914), no door sag whatsoever which is nice. I'll definitely start a build thread as soon as I get the project rolling!
dlee6204
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pnewman
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Feb 7 2012, 08:53 PM) *

What's the name of your color? Looks oem yet unique.
Gustl
I bet it's L65K (ravenna green)

beerchug.gif
dlee6204
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 8 2012, 01:50 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Indeed it is! biggrin.gif
bandi
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Feb 8 2012, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 8 2012, 01:50 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Indeed it is! biggrin.gif

I have a ravenna green '74 Bug. Best color ever.
GaroldShaffer
wub.gif My 70 at Oscoda Michigan SCCA divisonal in 2011. I run it in DSP with a 73 2.0L & side shift trans with some suspension setup.

Click to view attachment

Running at Portage High School driving.gif

Click to view attachment

And my 74 Project car I picked up summer of 2011. It's going to be pretty much stock with AC to be my driver.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
shawn914
I'm new to the 914 World - this is my #1 post. Recently purchased a 74 2.0, image below. This is an informative forum/site, very much enjoy reading here. The car is mechanically in good shape, with a Weber carb conversion sometime in the past. I hope to be able to attend the Hershey event in April - looks like a great Porsche 914 event (plus those other P cars, what were those model names??. smile.gif )
Thanks
Shawn

IPB Image
Zimms
Nice car. I like the wheels. You don't see those often.
Ed_F
This is my 72. It was my first car, and was red the first time I owned it. I lost it nearly a decade ago due to not paying a storage bill sad.gif headbang.gif Anyway, I found it a couple of years ago on craigslist. I recognized it by the ATS wheels, ugly red seats and my license plate. Turns out, the car was still in my name blink.gif I guess no one filed the proper legal storage lein paperwork. I wish I could find my solid disassembled 73 2.0 car stuffed in the same unit. The interim owner threw on a cheap paint job, fiberglassed over the rocker rust blink.gif and butchered the dash by trying to give it a wood facia barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

Its not worth restoring to most, but it found me for a reason and has sentimental value. Now I have the resources and know how to do what I wanted to do to it when I was in highschool smile.gif driving.gif
Ed_F
QUOTE(majkos @ Jan 28 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Nice wheels! biggrin.gif
pnewman
QUOTE(shawn914 @ Feb 21 2012, 04:34 AM) *

I'm new to the 914 World - this is my #1 post. Recently purchased a 74 2.0, image below. This is an informative forum/site, very much enjoy reading here. The car is mechanically in good shape, with a Weber carb conversion sometime in the past. I hope to be able to attend the Hershey event in April - looks like a great Porsche 914 event (plus those other P cars, what were those model names??. smile.gif )
Thanks
Shawn

IPB Image

That is the first time that I have seen that type of rim.

What is it called and by whom was it made?

Looks nice!

Good to be different! Obviously! As we aren't driving Toyota Camry's for fun.
shawn914
QUOTE(pnewman @ Feb 22 2012, 10:20 AM) *
QUOTE(shawn914 @ Feb 21 2012, 04:34 AM) *

Thanks
Shawn

That is the first time that I have seen that type of rim.

What is it called and by whom was it made?

Looks nice!

Good to be different! Obviously! As we aren't driving Toyota Camry's for fun.

Those are "Gotti" wheels, and that's almost all that I know about them at this point - also that they are 6.00J x 14 with the number 7714 stamped as well. If one searches this forum, either these wheels or another set of the identical wheels were previously pictured sans the car (back in 2006).
Ed_F
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Apr 6 2011, 06:04 AM) *

New (to me) 73 2.0. It was sitting in a driveway down the road for 5 years and very neglected. I saved it, got it running and cleaned up. It is completely stock as it came from the factory, original radio and all. I even got the Factory paperwork.
Click to view attachment

Wow, that brings back memories smile.gif I lived in Las Cruces as a child back in the 80's. I have many fond memories of my dad driving us up to Ruidoso in his old yellow Saab 99. We lived on Mercury, which was the outskirts at that time. I can't believe how much that area (Main and 25) has grown since then blink.gif
deloreandude86
72 1.7L Fresh Resto.
pnewman
QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ Feb 29 2012, 03:55 PM) *

72 1.7L Fresh Resto.

Congrats! beerchug.gif

I like the pic of the canary yellow with the Fall colors. She looks great!
domer914
I am kinda new. Had to wait a while to get mine back after burning her down a while ago.Click to view attachment
WildcardArtist
Here is a couple pics of my '73 2.0. Her name is Maryjane and she is smokin'!
TravisNeff
I love the green!
rjames
QUOTE(domer914 @ Mar 1 2012, 04:36 AM) *

I am kinda new. Had to wait a while to get mine back after burning her down a while ago.Click to view attachment

I love the color. Is that a factory color or a repaint?
sawtooth
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 2 2012, 09:10 AM) *

agree.gif Love the color, black trim, the whole combination, very clean.
domer914
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 2 2012, 10:10 AM) *

It's a Porsche factory color called Baltic Blue, but not available on 914. First resto 19 years ago with that color, and I just got it back after having it resprayed. Tried to match the metallic blue finish so as to avoid a total restoration, but I think the new finish is even better than before!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.