Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
rjames
Looks good guys!

SteveieJ- yours is one of my favorite colors for a 914.

welcome.png
So.Cal.914
Very nice. Steve, nice color, pirate has to go. I'll let someone else mention the rivies and lowering the frontend. biggrin.gif
euro911
Looking good guys beerchug.gif

Yeah, ditch the pirate plate shades.gif ... and throw a couple of bags of "Ready-Mix" in the front trunk laugh.gif

confused24.gif ... something wrong with Rivieras Paul? slap.gif
euro911
Edited: Somehow a duplicate post appeared here a couple of minutes after the first one (above) ... WTF ??? unsure.gif
mrhurtalot
piratenanner.gif IT RUNS!!!! drove a 30 min ride out to my school in edmond today. 80-90 the whole way on the turnpike! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(mrhurtalot @ Oct 8 2007, 06:46 PM) *

piratenanner.gif IT RUNS!!!! drove a 30 min ride out to my school in edmond today. 80-90 the whole way on the turnpike! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Looking good. Always greatwhen they finallyrun for atleast one trip. driving.gif beer3.gif
mrhurtalot
piratenanner.gif
minndodger
Here is mine. I get to pick her up this weekend.

minndodger
Another view.

cooltimes
QUOTE(minndodger @ Oct 11 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Another view.

Does it run as good as it looks?
IMHO, That is what all 914's should hope to look like.
What year, etc?

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cooltimes (Mike Cooley)
cooltimes
QUOTE(9146986 @ Aug 14 2007, 03:57 PM) *

Is that a Crawford conversion, or did someone else make it RHD? Very cool! Ian McMullan in Ireland was attempting a RHD and 6 conversion, I don't know how it turned out.

NOTE**
Actually this RHD shown below has no bearing on the quote above. It is just included to relate to RHD conversions in general.

Brian Dooley of County Galway, Ireland did his and it was NOT the Crawford conversion. Here are the photos he allowed me to put on my Rennlist web page back in 2004. I will also add his comments as they were on my web page.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Additional comments relayed back in 2004 to me by Brian about his RHD conversion which by the way has a factory installed 6 in his original 4 shown in 2nd post below this post..

"Gearstick and hand throttle have been angled towards the driver"

"Heater controls moved to right - unlike Crayford Conversion, ashtray is
dummy, Yes that is a cracked windscreen!"

"Note tiny Blaupunkt Medium/Long wave radio"

"Emissions vapour filter etc are non-functioning (all blanked off
internally)- wiring loom is reversed and runs down drivers side"

"homemade dash cap"

"had to cut out relief in sill - not visible is battery cutoff just
underneath seat"

"added the water shield K&N filters + side shifter (c/w 914/4 5th gear)
this year, PO fitted hydraulic tensioner"
minndodger
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 12 2007, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(minndodger @ Oct 11 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Another view.

Does it run as good as it looks?
IMHO, That is what all 914's should hope to look like.
What year, etc?

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cooltimes (Mike Cooley)

She runs well and is a '73 2.0 with less than 65,000 original miles and darn near completely original. It has air conditioning installed and according to the po the original owner (I am the third) had it installed by the dealer. Could that be true? Thanks for the kind words. Next weekend we get to go to the Upper Midwest gathering.

Stephen
cooltimes
[quote name='cooltimes' date='Oct 12 2007, 01:36 PM' post='956375']

Brian Dooley of County Galway, Ireland did his and it was NOT the Crawford conversion. Here are the photos he allowed me to put on my Rennlist web page back in 2004. I will also add his comments as they were on my web page.

Limited in 1st post so adding a couple of more photos in this reply to my earlier post.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cooltimes
rjames
Pretty cool. When working for the Post Office I had no problems driving right handed vehicles, but they were automatics. I don't know if I'd be able to get used to shifting with my left hand. (Insert jokes here...)
Allan
uhmmm?
euro911
Looks good Allan ... is it running? unsure.gif
retrotech
Click to view attachmentMine
JPB
QUOTE(retrotech @ Oct 12 2007, 10:57 PM) *

BRO!!!! You got this beast going on! You just convinced me that this is the way to go. I've been holding back but now the perversion is by far to deep. Love the rims . I'm gonna go five lug and thats the sexyest look. The blue realy sets the flares off perfectly. i hope my yeller goes good also. Sweet ride thumb3d.gif
x6in6flames6x
Hey everyone, just joined:headbanger:, here is mine.

1975 /4 1.8 bored to 2.0, runs & drives. the previous owner was in seattle and someone kicked in the driver door, thats what the big dent is.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
rjames
Hey everyone, just joined:headbanger:, here is mine.

1975 /4 1.8 bored to 2.0, runs & drives. the previous owner was in seattle and someone kicked in the driver door, thats what the big dent is.

I remember seeing this car on Craiglist. It was up there for quite some time.
Other than the door, how is the rest of the car?

BTW,
welcome.png
x6in6flames6x
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 17 2007, 01:01 PM) *

I remember seeing this car on Craiglist. It was up there for quite some time.
Other than the door, how is the rest of the car?

BTW,
welcome.png

bye1.gif

its decent, it needs some love and attention, but it is still a 914. just got the clutch and brake pedal assembly and the wiper motor assembly to replace the current ones. needs interior work and re-wireing, need to get a new gas pedal and master cylinder and the rear trunk hinge on the passenger side needs to be welded or get lid lifts.

what part of shoreline do you live in? i just moved, and im now right off 15th on perkins way.

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! beerchug.gif
euro911
welcome.png

Clickable URLs to current eBay items:

19mm Master Cylinder $195. incl s/h ... (Dennis in OR)

Brake Pedal Cluster Bushing Kit $11. $3. s/h ... (classiccarsandparts in MD)

Nate 'ninemotorsport' (previously know as 914Parts.com') sells new gas pedals for under $60. from time -to-time

Have fun with it biggrin.gif
x6in6flames6x
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 18 2007, 12:01 AM) *

welcome.png

Have fun with it biggrin.gif

AWESOME, THANKS! thats a great master cylinder.

pray.gif
jonferns
IPB Image
Nor.Cal.914
Here's my 1975 1.8 biggrin.gif
minndodger
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 22 2007, 08:23 PM) *

IPB Image

Very nice. smile.gif . Do you have any pictures of the interior?
thesey914
Gotta love cookies on a 914. How do you fit them under rear arches? must be tight?
Zundfolge
Here's my 1970 (w/'73 2.0L and side shift converted transaxle).

IPB Image

At least thats how it looked when I used to own it ... its not in quite as nice shape now (long story, but I bought this car several years ago and then about 3 years ago sold it to my brother ... I bought it back from him this August and he didn't take real good care of it ... worse he started attacking a couple of minor rust spots on the body, ground them down, then moved on to other projects so the front left fender has a gaping hole at the bottom and there are holes by each of the door handles now ... plus other problems in the interior, and the paint is not so shiny now sad.gif ).

I guess the lesson is to never sell it again (especially to my brother).
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 24 2007, 04:12 PM) *

Gotta love cookies on a 914. How do you fit them under rear arches? must be tight?

It's about as tight as it can get aktion035.gif Less than a finger width of clearance, but still no rubbing! It has just the right amount of negative camber in the rear to tuck 7's under pretty easily. Thanks
-Chris
Volksdraggin
I am new to the forum but I have been reading ALOT to get me ready.

Heres my 914, I will be converting it to V8 soon with a renegade conversion kit. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

PeeGreen 914
My new favorite picture of my car....
Cevan
Here are some pictures I took this past weekend after a 100 mile drive. driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Cevan
Click to view attachment
Cevan
Last one.

Click to view attachment

village idiot
One more of mine after a slight drop and 16x6/16x7 Fuchs with 205/50-16 front and 225/50-16 rears
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914pwer
IPB Image
i whish my 914 would be finished driving.gif
porschecb
welcome.png Hang in there dude! Its a long road. Are those rocker panels correct? Or is just the picture?

Michael
914pwer
thank you Michael
no the rockers are homemade but i have ordered fiberglass rockers
jd74914
Wow, that looks like a nice clean slate to start with, are you planning on flaring the back? Are those wheels 16 or 17 inchers?

James
hwgunner
Couple shots since making it more streetable
hwgunner
'nuther
jonferns
came across this pic of the car the day it was delivered...dusty from its cross-country trek...

IPB Image

-JON
Beamer13
Ok, I'm going to try to post this correctly

Right after I bought it
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Right after the FIRE!!!
Click to view attachment
Beamer13
More Post Fire
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

My son being funny with some custom side graphics in soot mad.gif
Click to view attachment
porschecb
welcome.png What happend!!!!!!
Beamer13
You see, I had to do a couple welds under the passenger side, around what I am assuming is referred to as the "Hell Hole". Below where the battery is. I was 2 small welds and about 10 minutes away from having the car on the road and at my house, when I saw a little flame. I went to put it out with the water bottle I had there, and bad got worse!!! I'm assuming a fuel line heated up and caught on fire, all I had with me was a garden hose (not my garage) so, I did what I could, got the Harleys out of the garage, kept the flames from engulfing the whole engine with the water and waited for the Fire department to get there. (20 minutes.) The whole time a cop yelling at me to get out!! So instead of having a great car that just had the engine gone through and being on the road with it for the last couple weeks of driving weather up here, I have a great car that needs alot of work and parts!!! Lucky to still be alive, but typical for me :-(
IF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK, I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL!!!!!
nsr-jamie
Blood Red 914-6GT That car is incredible! Exactly what I want to do to my car!! Is there any way to see more pictures of it? Do you have some on line?
keske968
My first aircooled P car (but not my first P car). Bought this off a Forum member in July. Needs some work but I should have it on the road in the spring with no issues. 1970 914 with a 74 Side Shift and a 67 2.0 six with webbers. Side vent is functional but not piped anywhere as of yet. Just got new rear springs to put in, rear calipers are being rebuilt, needs weatherstripping all the way around and the engine needs to be broken in after the rebuild. Should be fun... But hard to find time to work on it with law school and such.

AJB
Hey everyone - got myself my 1st 914 around a week or so ago, joined 914 World and now I guess I should do the decent thing and show you all!

The car is a '75 model 1.8 - originally a US car but was imported to the UK from Florida back in the early Eighties. It's been converted from injection to twin Webers at some point in its life, and has also had a repaint.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It snowed here the day after I picked her up, so she's been wrapped up in the garage since then. However, I have these pictures from the previous owner that he took during the summer.

Enjoy! Alastair.
GaroldShaffer
My latest 914. A 74 FProd full blown racecar driving.gif aktion035.gif screwy.gif

This picture was taken at the storage place before I loaded up to bring him home. I named it Moby smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.