Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
914junkie
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Hey all, new to the site. Sooo many nice cars and good people on here. This is my 73 914 1.7 that had a 2.0 in it when I bought it 15 years ago. Since has undergone 350 SBC V8 conversion about 3 years ago using Renegade kit. RDR front bodywork, Sheridan rear quarters and fin, fiberglass hood, Chevy CK headlights, MX5 mirrors(cheap alternative to factory aeros) Momo seat/wheel/shift knob, 5 pt belts, Koni/Eibach/ground control, Carrera front brakes, 8.5 & 10X18's with Conti's. 2,350lbs with full tank. Fun car to build. Wish I could afford a proper 3.6 conversion but hey, I needed cheap power. And maybe one of these days I'll finally paint it. See ya, Paul. aktion035.gif
Zimms
welcome.png

Nice!
rjames

Nice ride, JC914. I love the seats! smilie_pokal.gif

ksylte
biggrin.gif Hello to all at 914 World! Here is some words from a true 914 enthusiast in Norway. For the last 15 years I have enjoed the life with my 914-4 with 2,4 liter 4.syl engine. Here is a link to my web site: http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/side2.htm

Since 2005 I got my hands on a 914-6GT Replica, built to look like the triple victory in The Maratone the la Route in 1970. Her it is:
http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/side3.htm

3,2 liter Carrera engine and all the GT upgrade.

Rest of my cars is from the same family, aircooled Volkswagen:
http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/

Kind regards from

Knut-Tore Sylte
Norway

6freak
QUOTE(ksylte @ Dec 19 2008, 05:51 AM) *

biggrin.gif Hello to all at 914 World! Here is some words from a true 914 enthusiast in Norway. For the last 15 years I have enjoed the life with my 914-4 with 2,4 liter 4.syl engine. Here is a link to my web site: http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/side2.htm

Since 2005 I got my hands on a 914-6GT Replica, built to look like the triple victory in The Maratone the la Route in 1970. Her it is:
http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/side3.htm

3,2 liter Carrera engine and all the GT upgrade.

Rest of my cars is from the same family, aircooled Volkswagen:
http://home.newmedia.no/ksylte/

Kind regards from

Knut-Tore Sylte
Norway

Nice hotrod smilie_pokal.gif
Shade Tree
Hi everyone, well this is my first post and I'm going to start by posting a fiberglass mess that I recently purchased. It's my first 914 but last in a long line of air-cooled rigs. I paid $500 for it about a month ago. I haven't done much to it yet besides getting it to start.....damned d-jet. It only runs at all because I hooked the fuel pump to an ignition wire.

IPB Image

Does anybody know what this kit is called? I mean besides an extremely heavy fiberglass mess that's going to keep me busy all winter?
PeeGreen 914
It's called a chalon. There is a guy in the classifieds that was selling fiberglass fenders that would easily fix the front biggrin.gif

Welcome to the maddness
914junkie

It looks like a "Rayco" kit. I used to see them in Kit Car magazine. I think all the body parts are attached with an epoxy. If you want to return it to stock, I think I have most of the body parts you need. You can have them for free if you want. You in Portland? beerchug.gif
Bruce Hinds
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Brent @ Dec 27 2006, 12:25 PM) *

I love the phone dials. Are those the 16s?

Brent,
I never saw your question about the phone dials on my teener. No they're not 16s. They are stock 911 SC 15 6 and 7s. I think the 16 6 and 7 were an option on the SC.
Bruce
neyen14
Well back to the drawing board... thanks??? stirthepot.gif

racerbvd
Just dug these too out of a box biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
euro911
idea.gif Guess maybe I should double-check some of the boxes in my garage ... cheer.gif

laugh.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 19 2008, 09:40 PM) *

It's called a chalon. There is a guy in the classifieds that was selling fiberglass fenders that would easily fix the front biggrin.gif

Welcome to the maddness

Thanks, I'll definitely look. I think the front is pretty ugly too. I like the back. I'm open to all suggestions.
Shade Tree
QUOTE(914junkie @ Dec 19 2008, 09:50 PM) *

It looks like a "Rayco" kit. I used to see them in Kit Car magazine. I think all the body parts are attached with an epoxy. If you want to return it to stock, I think I have most of the body parts you need. You can have them for free if you want. You in Portland? beerchug.gif

Thanks for the offer! I would be very interested in the stock body parts. I don't live in Portland. I live about a half hour east of Eugene. However, I'm very willing to come up to Vancouver. I'll send you a PM today....Thanks again!
wes42
I KNOW it is DEFINATELY a RAYCO...I installed one several years back. Feel free to contact me at wparker42@yahoo.com

Wes
superporsche914
Happy New Year everyone, it's been a long time since I have log on here, But I have been working my %$*&$&$ off trying to get my 914 running before today. well still a few days away but here are a couple of pics so far.

http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/s...ic=CIMG0002.jpg

my album so far

http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/s...4/?action=share

Please let me know what you think of "Seabumz" so far.

Scott
superporsche914
[Happy New Year All

Been working my @%#$%#$ off to get this 914 running.

"Seabumz" will be moving under it's own power this month for sure.

IPB Image
2nd
IPB Image
3rd
IPB Image
Would like to hear all comments please
carcam
My first Porsche was a 1970 914 1.7l. Ten Porsches later, I'm back where I started (but added 2 more cylinders). Despite their quirks and all cars have them, these cars are so much fun!
Steve
My updated beast at the Laguna Niguel Parade
Click to view attachment
13b914
Here is a picture from when I first got the car. It now has steel flares and I am currently working on the 5 Lug suspension.
Click to view attachment
Porsche Rescue
carcam, did the adriatic blue six come from Oregon by way of Kansas?
Sure is a beauty!
Sven914
Hi,

here's my 914/4 from 1970
before and after restoration

more pics are on my hompage

www.vw-porsche-914.homepage.t-online.de

Sven
Gustl
Hi Sven bye1.gif

welcome.png ... from the neighbourhood biggrin.gif

at least global speaking smilie_flagge6.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Sven,

It is good to see another member from Germany here on the forum.
welcome.png

.....and the botton of your car....... drooley.gif

We will be looking forward to your posts on this Forum.

Paul
Nie Zu Alt
Ok,

Figured I would post up a picture of my running car. It's a '74 with the stock 2.0 liter fuel injection. Got it off of eBay from a local seller for a very good deal. He just had grown tired of it and wanted it gone - actually his wife wanted it gone. Jumped in, turned the key, and drove it home. Has sway bars, center console, and luggage rack (yuk!). I picked it up in March and have been driving it daily since then. The other silver one in the background is a real six which now is in Europe. This picture was taken at a carshow where I work.

Click to view attachment
jc914
Welcome Sven

nice job welcome.png
euro911
QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Jan 11 2009, 09:49 AM) *
... Has sway bars, center console, and luggage rack (yuk!) ...

Nice score smilie_pokal.gif

Let me know if you decide to sell the luggage rack popcorn[1].gif
Solo914
Been on here a awhile and figured I should post some pics.

Bought this car in 05 confused24.gif for $2k and it needed just about everything except a motor and tranny(paint, interior, bushings etc). The reason I paid that much for it though is that it had almost no rust(so I thought). Upon disassembly found that the Hell hole needed to be attended to but it really wasn't that bad. Basically spent 6 months and did everything(Paint, reupholstered the interior, bushings, shocks, swaybar, windshield, brakes etc) and then have just been driving it and tinkering with it since.

1974 1.8L with L-jet

Kyle Freiheit

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

majkos
QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Jan 11 2009, 10:49 AM) *

Ok,

Figured I would post up a picture of my running car. It's a '74 with the stock 2.0 liter fuel injection. Got it off of eBay from a local seller for a very good deal. He just had grown tired of it and wanted it gone - actually his wife wanted it gone. Jumped in, turned the key, and drove it home. Has sway bars, center console, and luggage rack (yuk!). I picked it up in March and have been driving it daily since then.

The other silver one in the background is a real six. This picture was taken at a carshow where I work. The '73 in my signature line is on jackstands in the garage - go figure!

IPB Image

Sweet Deal! aktion035.gif
rwjames
Here is my new 1970 914-6.
rwjames
Here is another of the new six.
jkp2240
1970/6
jkp2240
My 1976 garage queen
carcam
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jan 7 2009, 05:09 PM) *

carcam, did the adriatic blue six come from Oregon by way of Kansas?
Sure is a beauty!

Thanks Jim- not the same one. My son found this on a road trip in SoCal. A nice couple restored it about 10 years ago and decided to part with it.
BadBrain
QUOTE(toni2105 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:06 AM) *

biggrin.gif Hi
my 914-6 in real
and laserd in Glas
Toni

Hey Toni,
Laß' mich raten, das Foto ist von einem Treffen an der Ruderregatta?
War nur geraten, ich habe da mal für ein paar Jahre gewohnt.
Cheers from Seattle,
J.

smilie_flagge6.gif

(sorry, translates to: "Let me guess, the pic is taken at the rowing facilities (in Munich)? Was only a try, because I have lived there for a few years")
Chevota79
Figured It was time to share. I bought this 72 a few months ago for $1500 and has served me quite well as a daily driver so far

Click to view attachment
Chevota79

In order to hide some of the ugly until I graduate in May a couple of cans of painters will have to do

Click to view attachment
rjames
Is that vinyl on the A-pillars too? (I think that's what they're called). Was that a year specific thing? Cool!
Gustl
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 3 2009, 07:57 AM) *

Was that a year specific thing? Cool!

yepp - only available on early MY'73 cars (amongst the 1st 1,000 or so)

bye1.gif Gustl
dinomium
I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Here is the green 1970 in my white trash back yard.
It is sort of a where's waldo of junk laying around!
Jeffs9146

I found a few photos of 914's I had in the past so I thought I would post them!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
6freak
Click to view attachment smilie_pokal.gif no longer have the euro lenses on the car
6freak
Click to view attachment

Better picture...Packwood event 2008
rjames
The cookies cutters look great on that car! smilie_pokal.gif
6freak
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 11 2009, 11:43 AM) *

The cookies cutters look great on that car! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks.i have some pix of it with the steelies on also just need to find them and post it here then i would be a cool comparison 3 defferant wheel choices on the same color car .trying to get somemore pix posted but there to big i guess ???
MDG
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 11 2009, 02:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Better picture...Packwood event 2008

one of those wheel/color combinations that make it look fast even when it's parked

Nice! smilie_pokal.gif

m.
PeeGreen 914
That RS America next to Mikes car is what I'll be driving at the next event piratenanner.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 11 2009, 12:37 PM) *

That RS America next to Mikes car is what I'll be driving at the next event piratenanner.gif

O yah good eye Jon that is Matts car.. wont be there Saterday but i will see you at dinner right
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 11 2009, 11:25 AM) *

Click to view attachment smilie_pokal.gif no longer have the euro lenses on the car

Notice the car in front of mine ...SD Parade
montoya 73 2.0
Here's "LOLA" in all her glory! Will be re-painted original color (silver) and a red interior! Inherited from my pops!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.