Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
tat2dphreak
I have to quit going out of town... I come back and there are a TON of nice cars new to the board!! WELCOME!! beer.gif
Root_Werks
Another conversion I am doing. Nothing fancy, just a 2.2T engine, 7&8x16 fuchs, glass flares (second time doing these and I am starting to like them). Otherwise stock. "M" sized 911 struts, re-drilled hubs. This is my 5th conversion and I think my 14th 914? All drivers of course, I don't do parts cars. I will post another picture as it gets closer to completion.
Sandee
Thanks for the warm welcome ...

Given my car's previous owner is lurking here on this forum - I better not say anything bad about this baby!!

rolleyes.gif

Pictures, diary and more - all coming soon!

For my current car history - take a browse here ...| Sandee's History of Cars |
tod914
Car looks great Sandee!

Jeff is making up a new iginition & FI harness. Soon as I'm up and running again, Id love to swing by and see your car. I see that it is blue now. On the PP site it looked purpleish for some reason. Nice color choice.
LawRand01
I've been lurking here for quite a while but just recently registered. This is my 1973 1.8. Nothing particularly special about it but it suits me. I love to hop in and cruise to relax after a rough day. Excellent therapy.

Happy Independence Day to all! flag.gif

Randall
flatout
Hey!
Nice car and great spot for a picture! wavey.gif
marc_hines
Here are three photos of my 2.0L '75 914
marc_hines
Next one
marc_hines
Last One
Levi
latest pic of 74 1.8 driver...4-sale
415PB
Looks good Levi.
drummerboytom
My 1970 six ( 2.5 on original block ) , still needs paint
IPB Image

and my 1974 2.0 / 4
IPB Image
thesey914
Good to see you here Tom.
Be in Tamworth again soon so I will call about that ride smile.gif -Unless its weather like today ( I.E Biblical)
pat4
Here are some shots of my 1973 frenchy one...

Engine rebuilt data sheet:

Displacement: 1971cc (91x74)
Crankcase: stock GB #003016
Crankshaft: stock and balanced
Rods: stock modified for 24mm wrist pin
Flywheel: stock lightened and balanced
Oil pump: Shadeck, new
Camshaft: Webcam 86a, new
Lifters: Webcam, new
Pushrods: Chromoly, new
Springs: Webcam, new
Rocker arms: stock, with solid spacers
Heads: stock with 42x36 valves completely rebuilt. Exhaust ports polished
Comp. Ratio: 8.5:1 using 59cc chambers and 1mm deck-height
Cylinders: stock
Pistons: 94 mm forged (94b Mahle for VW type 1 engine)
Intake manifolds: BAS short intake manifolds. Polished and ported to heads
Fuel supply: Mitsuba regulated fuel pump, relocated in front trunk with Knecht filter, new lines
Carbs: 2x44 IDF with 36mm venturis and 60/145/195 jets
Ignition: 050 distributor with points, MSD 6A ignition box, 8920 tach adapter, Blaster 2 coil, Taylor wire, NGK spark plugs
Exhaust: Triad Performance
Cooling: stock, with all metal sheets and heating ports closed

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And as you can see, I am looking for a rear valance to fit with the Triad exhaust...
Aaron Cox
oh man. those intake mani's are crazy!
slivel
Here is my car at Willow Springs.
Gint
Welcome to the club slivel! beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(slivel @ Jul 10 2004, 09:07 PM)
Here is my car at Willow Springs.

nice car! got more pics?

driving.gif Andy
Promised some detail pics a while back....

Motor before it blew up at the glen on the 4th of july huh.gif
front
front trunk
all business....
rear trunk cut out for access
bling bling wheels a little much but what can you do? wink.gif
Jeroen
Wow! Very clean build clap56.gif

Unusual towhook location / set up

cheers,

Jeroen
Thanks, it was quite a few hours to get it in that kind of shape! The towhooks are actually hollow - welded c-channel, flat stock and a pipe. Wanted to tie them directly into the caging, and decided to go with a unique location. Unfortunately, actually needed the front hook last weekend sad.gif
J P Stein
Ayup, we're gonna need more pics, Sivel. Don't think you can post too many biggrin.gif
slivel
Thanks for the welcome into the club. I've attached another shot of the exterior with the new color scheme on the numbers. Don't have any engine or interior shots just yet - maybe later.

Steve
URY914
Two sweet rides! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_flagge24.gif

Paul
tat2dphreak
wow! those are 2 stunning cars!

1973914: very awesome!
Thanks Wayne! Hard to keep positive after throwing a rod after only about 10 hours on the motor so the nice comments are really welcome. Anyone have a nice 3.2 lying around they arent using? cool_shades.gif
OH! check out this sweet green 914 with a 3.6 im chasing (and not losing all that much ground to) at the Glen... smilie_pokal.gif
thesey914
What kind of engine is ( was ) this to chase a 3.6??

IPB Image
slivel
This is a PCA club race at California Speedway.
It was a 2.4 with about 200 hp, and in all fairness - the driver was really conservative and not pushing that hard! cool.gif My car is pretty damn light though, and there is quite a bit more weight in the 6 drivetrain. Trust me, if they had wanted to leave me behind it wouldnt have been much of an effort. That green car (out of massachusetts I believe) was very nicely done. Lots of trick suspension and design work. Wish i had taken some close up pics!

Slivel - nice car, love 914 race trim in black...
thesey914
1973914 ...200 HP is not too shoddy either smile.gif . I feel the need to see a spec sheet on your car...engine, suspension, weight etc. The front wings (fenders) are one piece F/glass?
Engine = 2.4 with 0 HP blink.gif , front patrick cooler vented like the factory GTs, euro pipes with jet hot, EGT and CHT guages to monitor engine conditions
Suspension = Koni adjustables all around, 19mm Sway in front, no rear, 200lb springs, A struts, boxster brakes in front, carrera brakes rear (m-wide),vented rotors all around
Weight - havent weighed it yet, but we are guessing about 2k, will know for sure sunday
Body - fiberglass all around except for the doors, fenders are one piece and dzuesed for easy of adjustments, cleaning, and replacement if needed or wanted.
Chasis - gt kit, long kit, tubing out to the suspension areas, any rust is gone

Really should have just done a 6!
jtf914
QUOTE(1973914 @ Jul 11 2004, 04:44 PM)
Motor before it blew up at the glen on the 4th of july huh.gif

Bill, that SUCKS......... I hadn't heard about the engine, and after all the work that you and Kurt put into it over the last year headbang.gif ....... Do you still have that 2.0 -6, or did you finally sell it? Good luck, let me know if I can help.

-Justin
Justin,

If you happen to have a 3.2 or 3.6 sitting around, that would be great!! Yeah the 2.0 went to a guy in Chi-town and from last note he is doing a nice rebuild on it. Actually bringing the car over to kurts on Sunday to drop the motor if you want to stop by...
JmuRiz
Bill,
I guess i need to talk with Kurt when/if I do body work on my car before paint. Your car turned out great. Best of luck w/ the engine search!
Thanks again - BTW - No car this sunday at kurts - looking at next weekend. NOW - back to posting pics of cars!
TonyAKAVW
Here's a picture of my yellow '70 1.7. I bought this car just about 3 weeks ago as seen. So far I've added the front rubber pad, and cleaned it up a bit. So far it works okay but needs a tune up, a 2nd gear synchro (and probably a slider and dogteeth as well), and a little rust repair. This is really a temporary car for me until I get my project car finished (see next post).
TonyAKAVW
Here's the project car. Its an original silver '74 1.8 (will become a 2.0 when I finish rebuilding the free 2.0 I scored a wocuple weeks ago). I picked up this roller for free several months ago and while it has a couple of issues, the body is straight, there's essentially zero rust, and when I'm done with it, it ought to be pretty nice. I'm using parts off of my first 914 (AKAVW) which was a 1973 that succumbed to the rust gods. At the moment I'm looking for a place to do the blasting of my suspension components before I powder coat them.
Root_Werks
Just thought I would slip in another picture of my 914 before it hits the paint shop. Flares are on, got all the pieces. Next photo will be a painted one. I am not a body man, so I did what I could and will let a pro finish it up for me. I think my work is about 90%, not 100%. Next will come putting in the 6 which I will post some pics of as well. I have a deadline of August 20th. Whistler weekend you know. smile.gif
Joe.D
I thought I'd post a more recent picture of my car - different wheels, tires and a new muffer are about the only differences that show.
gaz914
Hi All from "Downunder",
I've been lurking for a little while and have only just looked through the SEVENTY EIGHT pages wacko.gif of pics.

I've had my '72 for about 3 years but progress is slow sad.gif

Bought it complete less motor, already converted to RHD (we drive on the correct side here smile.gif ). I had the gearbox converted to side shift and bought a '70 911T (2.2) motor that has new P&C and (apparently) "S" cams.

There was some rust evident at the guard/cowl area which needs repair. After discovering several resprays I decided to go back to bare metal (stupid or what!) and found some more cancer in the front that had been repaired with bog (bondo).

Apart from that it has a not-perfect repair after a hit in the RH rear and the rest is very good!

cheers

GAZ

more piccys
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Pic 8
Pic 9
Pic 10
Pic 11
Pic 12
marinmcgreevy
Hi all,

New to list. Recently acquired car. PO is from SF Bay Area. Do not know much about history of car. Car was originally green and is on what I think is it's second red paint job. Car has a 3.2 with Webers. Sideshifter, S alum calipers, adj Konis, 7" and 8" with the rear being 285/45-15s. car has steel flares, GT front mounted oil cooler with ducting. Very nice bolt in roll bar. VIN is 9140430892. Car is straight, has had battery repositioned in trunk, some minor rust repair at orig batt location and under drivers seat in pan. The car has had some frame strengthening work performed but it does not look like any of the kits I have seen advertised. The reinforcement consists of gussets and addtional triangulation tubing around rear trailing arm mounting points. The paint is very nice but very, very red with a strange sort of yellow strip on the front hood. The car came with the gloss black roof as shown as well as a red roof painted to match the car. I will need to tone it down some as it is a little to boy racer for my taste.

I have driven the car about five times and am just starting to get into it. The car is very tight and fast but needs to have the carbs pulled apart and cleaned as it has sat for awhile. My plan is to get everything working well and continue detailing out the car. The car evidently has not been driven much since it was painted as the sideview mirror fell off and bounced into the bay the second time I drove the car. ohmy.gif

Hope you all will put up with my questions as I will have many. unsure.gif This is my second 914. The first I had in college and I rolled it into a little ball. What was left of the car I buried. That was 20 years ago. I plan to use the car for weekend drives and a few local autocrosses.
SirAndy
QUOTE(marinmcgreevy @ Jul 20 2004, 01:27 AM)
Hi all

nice car marinmcgreevy! me likes red 914s ... rolleyes.gif

i used to live in Mill Valley, up on Eldridge,
Andy
kc4ixi
This is my '74 2.0. I purchased it about 2 years ago and I have never
enjoyed driving a car as much as this! The only thing I can imagine that would be better is if I had a 6 in it!
TonyAKAVW
KC4IXI - nice car! I really like those 'chromies.'

welcome to the club

de KC6QHP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.