Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Hydra.
Here are some pics of my '72:

IPB Image

Please excuse the bad hair-do biggrin.gif

IPB Image

I've already posted this one, but will post it again for the sake of completeness:

IPB Image
euro911
Looks like you're stuck in a traffic jam Omar blink.gif

Interesting wheels ... never seen those before. Who makes/made them? confused24.gif
Hydra.
Mark,
Funny how I was asked the very same question in the "Post your mugshots" thread... biggrin.gif

The wheels are actually made by Personal (of steering wheel fame - Italian made) and are datestamped '72 just like the car. I had no idea that Personal sold alloy wheels before I bought this car... Oh, they're 14x6s btw...

PS - Wouldn't you agree that they look remarkably like Porsche's latest (987 - 997) style of alloy wheel?
markb
I just realized I haven't posted a pic of the Red car yet.
Since I took a few shots while I was out for a drive this morning.....

Click to view attachment
gary beck
Heres one that I just got.
1974 with air conditioning and original color.
euro911
COOL shades.gif
project914
I recently moved back to the bay area from Colorado. I thought I kicked the habit when I got rid of all my 914s before I moved there, but now that I'm back in California, the sickness is back...

In February, I purchased this Tangerine 1970 1.7
IPB Image

And then yesterday, I bought this Marathon Blue 1974 2.0 from the original owner.
It has documented 333,000 miles on it, with complete service records.
IPB Image

More pics of these cars, past cars and events I've been to, can be found at project914.com

cheers,
dug
racerbvd
My 76 & the front susp & brakes going under her biggrin.gif
jrinvent
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 27 2002, 12:58 PM) *

Let’s see your babies, 914’s only please!
We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

Sorry our pic is a bit crappy.

Mark & Kim Henry, Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

Here is mine. After buying last month from the original owner, with only 53,000 actual miles and in great shape, I find I will have to sell it. I can't get my fat self in it very easy. Here it is having the front calipers replaced and the brakes flushed as it was not driven the last 2 years.
Great car, so I either lose weight or sell it.

Ok, now I am frustrated. I have tried to attach the photo 5 times now and it won't let me.
Dr. Roger
What's the file size and format?

QUOTE(jrinvent @ Mar 14 2008, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 27 2002, 12:58 PM) *

Let’s see your babies, 914’s only please!
We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

Sorry our pic is a bit crappy.

Mark & Kim Henry, Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

Here is mine. After buying last month from the original owner, with only 53,000 actual miles and in great shape, I find I will have to sell it. I can't get my fat self in it very easy. Here it is having the front calipers replaced and the brakes flushed as it was not driven the last 2 years.
Great car, so I either lose weight or sell it.

Ok, now I am frustrated. I have tried to attach the photo 5 times now and it won't let me.

TravisNeff
here is a pic of jrinvent's 914
Sleepin
On the road at this years Route 66 Ramble! (Thanks for the pic Toast!)

IPB Image
euro911
QUOTE(jrinvent @ Mar 14 2008, 12:19 PM) *
Here is mine. After buying last month from the original owner, with only 53,000 actual miles and in great shape, I find I will have to sell it. I can't get my fat self in it very easy ...

Great car, so I either lose weight or sell it....
I'm 5'6", 155 lbs, and still grunt & groan entering/exiting 914's. There IS a learning curve associated with ownership. Don't give up too quickly, you'll get it figured out.
cuca914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 15 2008, 10:01 PM) *

Here is mine. After buying last month from the original owner, with only 53,000 actual miles and in great shape, I find I will have to sell it. I can't get my fat self in it very easy ...

I'm 5'6", 155 lbs, and still grunt & groan entering/exiting 914's. There IS a learning curve associated with ownership. Don't give up too quickly, you'll get it figured out.

I'm 6'1", 320 lbs, and I wouldn't give up mine for the world. I only wish that mine was bought from the original owner!
3d914
OK, Here's a BEFORE pics of the 74 1.8L I just purchased to convert to a custom six, possibly V6.

Click to view attachment
3d914
OK, Here's another BEFORE pic - Dig that whale tail!

Click to view attachment
SGB
WOW- All these cool new cars have shown up. What happened? Did everyone with a dust-gathering car sell out at once? So many purty ones, cool ones, potentially great ones- just great! I don't ever see a 914 for sale (or otherwise allmost) around here. Original paint is my holy grail- I'm still lookin.
StratPlayer
Some updated pics of my car:

New engine installed 2 days ago, 76 2.0 D-Jet with 96mm pistons.
StratPlayer
last one
rjames
I first posted a picture of my '75 2.0 when I bought it 3 years ago. Since then there's been lots of work and $ spent. Along with some rust removal & welding, I've added a sway bar, carpet, seats, wheels, and just finished back-dating the exhaust to stainless steel & Bursch. Getting rid of the ugly speakers in the doors and recovering the panels are next on the list, followed by backdating the bumpers.
A big 'thank you' to all the people in the 914 community who've helped me get it this far! beer.gif
Here's what 'the little car' (my wife's nickname for it) looks like now:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rjames
One more :-)
Click to view attachment
porschecb
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 22 2008, 06:22 PM) *

I first posted a picture of my '75 2.0 when I bought it 3 years ago. Since then there's been lots of work and $ spent. Along with some rust removal & welding, I've added a sway bar, carpet, seats, wheels, and just finished backing dating the exhaust to stainless steel & Bursch. Getting rid of the ugly speakers in the doors and recovering the panels are next on the list, followed by backdating the bumpers.
A big 'thank you' to all the people in the 914 community who've helped me get it this far! beer.gif
Here's what the little car (my wife's nickname for it) looks like now:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Dam! Thats a nice looking car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rjames
Dam! Thats a nice looking car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you smile.gif
However, the pictures make it look a lot nicer than it does up close. It's definitlye a 10-15 footer. It could use some body work to remove the small dings, and would really benefit from a new paint job.

I'm just hoping that it can stay off of the jack stands for a whole summer so I can enjoy it!
Slider
Very nice car i like the black it blends the bumpers in.. they dont stand out.

congrats.. :-)

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 22 2008, 07:24 PM) *

Slider
QUOTE(cuca914 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 15 2008, 10:01 PM) *

I'm 6'1", 320 lbs, and I wouldn't give up mine for the world. I only wish that mine was bought from the original owner!

Im 6'4" and 270 and after a shifter shorten and a smaller steering wheel mines not to bad to get into! and like everyone else.. im not giving up on mine it keeps my sanity!
ar15.gif
GaroldShaffer
My latest toy. Bought in Nov 07 from a estate sale in Wisconsin. Hasn't ran since 04. Spent some time cleaning it up. It goes for its 2.4 /6 install next week and then we should be ready for the 2008 AX/DE season. aktion035.gif driving.gif

First day in new home biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

In progress of clean and replacing worn items smash.gif
Click to view attachment

Done, just needs 2.4 /6 installed (soon)

Click to view attachment
euro911
Garold, who owned the car? unsure.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 1 2008, 09:26 PM) *

It belong to Mike Liebmann (RIP). I never knew him, but from them guys I met that did know him, he sounded like a really great guy.
SGB
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 3 2008, 09:10 PM) *

It belong to Mike Liebmann (RIP). I never knew him, but from them guys I met that did know him, he sounded like a really great guy.

I'm sure he ( and his family ) would be glad to see what you have done. smile.gif
mightydoe
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 3 2008, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 3 2008, 09:10 PM) *

I'm sure he ( and his family ) would be glad to see what you have done. smile.gif

agree.gif
NineOneFour
This is my first 914 hope u guys like it as much as i do smile.gif its a 2.0L x road racer thats going to be brought back from the dead. sawzall-smiley.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
porschecb
Nice car! welcome.png
euro911
Are those 'blackened' Rivieras? unsure.gif

Looks good idea.gif
ClayPerrine
A Family Who Plays Together.....

Click to view attachment

Has lots of 914 repair bills...

This was at the last PCA Autocross. I am in the foreground finishing the course, and Betty is in the background waiting in the staging line.
jim_hoyland
Found this picture taken on trip to Big Sur, CA 1985 or so.
jim_hoyland
A more current pic...
jim_hoyland
A more current pic...
euro911
Very cool Jim biggrin.gif

How long have you owned that particular car unsure.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:25 PM) *

Very cool Jim biggrin.gif

How long have you owned that particular car unsure.gif

25 years; Sold the Saratoga Top to Meng in Singapore
jim_hoyland
Next time you see it--after the G & R--will have 5 lug Fuchs and backdated chrome bumpers. Got all the parts, just need to put it all together. Taking a week off in May, hope to do at least the 5 lug conversion then.
Eric_Shea
Tease... I saw your post and hit the thread thinking you had'er done! biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Inside pic taken at Trevor's Bar-B-Que in Escondido a months or so back..
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 19 2008, 05:51 PM) *

Tease... I saw your post and hit the thread thinking you had'er done! biggrin.gif

Won't be long. Sent the rotors to machine shop for cross-drilling. Also located a new ( to me) original front valance, it's at the paint shop, wheels coming back from Al Reed next.
Bumpers are rechromed, and have new grills.

Gonna be some fun

If you look at the previous pic, the center tunnel is covered. Made a removable foam/masonite/carpeted piece to cover the tunnel. Has cut out in the lower layer of foam for wiring. The whole piece will lift right out with out having to unscrew anything. The carpet over the top tucks under the floor pan carpet. Might not be safe in a roll-over, but that's not likely...
dflesburg
It is complete.

dandh
I got some pics but I"m new and don"t know how to add some more can you help?
rjames

Dflesburg, What seats are those? Looks like you've got the stock backpad in there with them.
dflesburg
What seats are those?

Custom, everything on this car is custom... They were at one time 914 seats. Heavily modified starting with the fiberglass shells, re-foamed, upholstered in furniture grade leather cowhides from spinneybeck(everything but the dash top and bottom pads are in leather too) and sewn by

Joan Flesburg[i][color=#CC0000]. (she does awesome work!!!! ) Thanks Mom!
Here she is after a little wait, and a good bath and detail.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(dandh @ Apr 24 2008, 12:58 PM) *

I got some pics but I"m new and don"t know how to add some more can you help?

FAQ is here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=16

bye1.gif Andy
Shot taken at the S.W.A.T. drive/event yesterday. Anyone here?

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.