Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
70_914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Dec 27 2009, 04:58 AM) *

welcome.png

Nice score! I like Adriatic Blue. Are you going to keep it the original color under the black?

I was going to go with silver, but thought that was too boring....

I then had big plans to go with yellow, but it appears overdone....

I am now leaning towards the stock Adriatic Blue.
rjames
Here is my car right after I got it home from the junkyard I rescued it from.

Nice score! Damn, what junkyard has 914s anymore, especially in Washington?! Well done!
Wardsweb
Well after two years of weekend, this is what I have. A few pieces to finish but for a car that had not been driven since 1995 it's a lot better than when I sarted.

IPB Image

john grier
QUOTE(Wardsweb @ Jan 4 2010, 06:07 PM) *

Well after two years of weekend, this is what I have. A few pieces to finish but for a car that had not been driven since 1995 it's a lot better than when I sarted.

IPB Image

Looks like alot of work and effort.
Now
Just get out there and drive it and have fun.
After all thats what it is all about.

John
flipb
QUOTE(Wardsweb @ Jan 4 2010, 09:07 PM) *

IPB Image

That's a good looking EV! Are you using the headlight "eyelash" openings for cooling? I would love to convert a 914 EV someday. Or at least drive one that somebody with greater skill than myself has already converted. smile.gif
Wardsweb
QUOTE(flipb @ Jan 4 2010, 08:40 PM) *

That's a good looking EV! Are you using the headlight "eyelash" openings for cooling? I would love to convert a 914 EV someday. Or at least drive one that somebody with greater skill than myself has already converted. smile.gif

No, they are some of the few pieces I need to put back on. The car is heavy, low and with a better CG than factory. Add instant torque on demand and it is fun to drive.
computers4kids
QUOTE(atsealevel914 @ Dec 23 2009, 03:54 PM) *

Very nice build smilie_pokal.gif I love your attention to detail. Did you post other pics somewhere on your build?

I noticed you have center bolt valve covers...vortec heads? Tells us about your motor.
popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
UPDATE

My daily driver is back on the road driving.gif
kfish914
Well, I finally took some pictures of my car with a digital camera. I have owned it since I was 19,...22 years this last August. It has been in storage for the last 12 years. Working 12-14 HR days, then family did not leave much time to work on it, and the fact that my wife doesn't see the true value in it. I am now working on it again putting a 2.7 six and five lug conversion. I hope to have it running and back n the road again by the time the snow melts. Which around here is April. Here is how it looks...Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
And here is how it looks most of the time
Click to view attachment
rvonstuck
I have owned a wide variety of volkswagens and porsches in my life but always seem to come back to the 914. Guess I have gone through about seven by now. My latest, and intentionally least expensive 914 has been the most fun. Bought it for sixteen hundred dollars. Sold the satellite radio, origional mirrors, visors, steering wheel, etc. and broke even. Found a given up on v-eight project for free that was not worth getting back on the road and used it to practice cutting the top on. After making all the mistakes I took the saws all to the other car. Took six inches off the top. Cut the origional windshield and back glass. Had to combine the tops from both cars as a wider and deeper top was now required. Had to make it in two pieces to allow it to fit in the rear trunk. Believe it or not there are no rain leaks anywhere. I sold the fifteen inch rims and tires that came with it and switched to some sixteen inch rims with 255/60/16s. Actually made a little money in the proccess. I wove some 12k carbonfiber tow in a saw tooth pattern myself and made a new dashboard. Made a small console from an extra lower dash pad. I have a blast with this car. I drive it like it owes me money every day. I rarely lock it or worry about parking lot dings, rain, mud, gravel, etc. Just enjoy putting and average one to onehundred and fifty miles a day on it seven days a week. Seems like the harder I drive it the better it runs.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(rvonstuck @ Jan 18 2010, 06:37 PM) *

Took six inches off the top.

You must be tiny! biggrin.gif

I barely fit in a stock 914, height wise.
driving.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
Sleepin
QUOTE(rvonstuck @ Jan 18 2010, 07:37 PM) *

I have owned a wide variety of volkswagens and porsches in my life but always seem to come back to the 914. Guess I have gone through about seven by now. My latest, and intentionally least expensive 914 has been the most fun. Bought it for sixteen hundred dollars. Sold the satellite radio, origional mirrors, visors, steering wheel, etc. and broke even. Found a given up on v-eight project for free that was not worth getting back on the road and used it to practice cutting the top on. After making all the mistakes I took the saws all to the other car. Took six inches off the top. Cut the origional windshield and back glass. Had to combine the tops from both cars as a wider and deeper top was now required. Had to make it in two pieces to allow it to fit in the rear trunk. Believe it or not there are no rain leaks anywhere. I sold the fifteen inch rims and tires that came with it and switched to some sixteen inch rims with 255/60/16s. Actually made a little money in the proccess. I wove some 12k carbonfiber tow in a saw tooth pattern myself and made a new dashboard. Made a small console from an extra lower dash pad. I have a blast with this car. I drive it like it owes me money every day. I rarely lock it or worry about parking lot dings, rain, mud, gravel, etc. Just enjoy putting and average one to onehundred and fifty miles a day on it seven days a week. Seems like the harder I drive it the better it runs.

Pretty wild! With some front flares, matte black paint and wheels, that would be a pretty sinister looking car! idea.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Zimms
Is that an original LE airdam? Good looking work!
orange914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 19 2010, 12:35 PM) *

I barely fit in a stock 914, height wise.
driving.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png

he has to take his wallet out just to clear speed bumps

looks cool beerchug.gif driving.gif more pic.s

mike
rvonstuck
Click to view attachment

I'm tall enough...my feet reach the ground anyway. As far as "tiny" goes, you would have to talk to my girlfriend about that. Seriously though, I did a bit more than cut the top. Reworked the geometry of the seats and modified the floor a bit. A custom carbon fiber dash provides more leg room as well. I'm five foot eight inches tall, my girlfriend is just over six feet and you would be surprized how much room there is. My best friend is just over six one and a half at two hundred twenty pounds and finds the passenger seat just as comfortable as the drivers. As far as speed bumps are concerned...a few strategically placed blocks of teflon and I just slide over them. Did I mention that I drive this car like it was stolen on a daily basis?
Frodefe
Hi, smile.gif
I'm new to this forum and wanted to present my self an my car. My name is Frode and I live outside Oslo, Norway
The car is a '72 914/4 converted into an 914/6 GT replica with an euro 3.2 l

I have previously owned a '85 3.2 Coupe, and recently a '95 993 Coupe. Looking forward to tracking it, and maybe some AutoX.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

6freak
Nice Car welcome.png
Sleepin
QUOTE(rvonstuck @ Jan 19 2010, 09:30 PM) *

I'm tall enough...my feet reach the ground anyway. As far as "tiny" goes, you would have to talk to my girlfriend about that. Seriously though, I did a bit more than cut the top. Reworked the geometry of the seats and modified the floor a bit. A custom carbon fiber dash provides more leg room as well. I'm five foot eight inches tall, my girlfriend is just over six feet and you would be surprized how much room there is. My best friend is just over six one and a half at two hundred twenty pounds and finds the passenger seat just as comfortable as the drivers. As far as speed bumps are concerned...a few strategically placed blocks of teflon and I just slide over them. Did I mention that I drive this car like it was stolen on a daily basis?

Very cool! Looks like a lot of work! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Frodefe @ Jan 22 2010, 02:33 PM) *

Hi, smile.gif
I'm new to this forum and wanted to present my self an my car. My name is Frode and I live outside Oslo, Norway

welcome.png ... from the south biggrin.gif

nice car !!!

Drums66
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 19 2010, 12:35 PM) *

I've seen everything done to these cars now!!
but............never seen a wee lad..LOL

welcome.png
914pwer
QUOTE(Frodefe @ Jan 22 2010, 05:33 AM) *

Hi, smile.gif
The car is a '72 914/4 converted into an 914/6 GT replica with an euro 3.2 l

I have previously owned a '85 3.2 Coupe, and recently a '95 993 Coupe. Looking forward to tracking it, and maybe some AutoX.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Hello Frode
was your car in Swedish Car magazine Bilsport in 2001 if it was your car is the one that made my by my 914
thanks beerchug.gif
Frodefe
QUOTE(914pwer @ Jan 22 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hello Frode
was your car in Swedish Car magazine Bilsport in 2001 if it was your car is the one that made my by my 914
thanks beerchug.gif

Hi.
Yes, it is the same car smile.gif
A copy of the magazine with this article came with the car, and If you want to I can email it to you.
914pwer
QUOTE(Frodefe @ Jan 22 2010, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(914pwer @ Jan 22 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hello Frode
thanks beerchug.gif

Hi.
Yes, it is the same car smile.gif
A copy of the magazine with this article came with the car, and If you want to I can email it to you.

hello

I have it in front of me right now drooley.gif
IPB Image
70_914
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 29 2009, 03:42 PM) *

Here is my car right after I got it home from the junkyard I rescued it from.

Nice score! Damn, what junkyard has 914s anymore, especially in Washington?! Well done!

Haps in University Place has a red 74. Guy went out of town, came back and his engine and transmission were stolen. confused24.gif Remind me not to park in his neighborhood. I bought the foglights, roof, center console with gauges and a few other parts off it.

Kevin
tornik550
Heres my 914. Its a 73 1.7l now 2.4l. It has been cleaned up a bit since this picture.
GaroldShaffer
Neat pic of my AX car (Moby) at an AX in 2009.
Rand
QUOTE(rvonstuck @ Jan 19 2010, 08:30 PM) *
Seriously though, I did a bit more than cut the top. Reworked the geometry of the seats and modified the floor a bit. A custom carbon fiber dash provides more leg room as well. I'm five foot eight inches tall, my girlfriend is just over six feet and you would be surprized how much room there is.

I would love to see interior pics of what you did!
Cairo94507
Hello everyone. I have been a member for a while and looking for a 914-6 for a while. I just bought (Feb. 6, 2010) my third (and final) 914-6; VIN 9141430372. It is an original 1971 6, original California car. That is the good news.

The bad news is the original 2.0 was replaced in the early 80's with a 3.0 SC motor with webers and the car was color changed from gold to black. Amazingly the car runs and all of the electrical works except the defroster/heater/blower motor. Even the reverse lights work.

The car has a couple of small rust spots on it but is generally in pretty darn good shape.

I was able to drive the car before I bought it but did not drive it 70 miles home because the right front brake started to drag when I first drove it at the seller's home and I did not want to do any damage. The car has been sitting for about 2 years and was driven infrequently before that. The odometer shows 89K miles. So I had it flat-bedded to my home and then drove it into my garage.

I will figure out how to post some pictures soon. I love these cars and enjoy this forum very much and you will be seeing more of this car. Thank you all for reading.
Click to view attachment
rnellums
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Here is my 73' 2.0L, originally orange, mostly stock besides rear Koni adjustables, 5-lug repro and dual 40 IDF's and Pertronix ign. Bought for 900$ in 2005.
Frodefe
QUOTE(rnellums @ Feb 8 2010, 05:05 AM) *

Here is my 73' 2.0L, originally orange, mostly stock besides rear Koni adjustables, 5-lug repro and dual 40 IDF's and Pertronix ign. Bought for 900$ in 2005.

Love the mean, no-nonsense look. Interior, engine bay an trunk shots are also welcomed smile.gif
rnellums
Click to view attachment
extended shutter shot, taken at midnight by streetlight
Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Very cool! Almost industrial looking shot!
rnellums
Click to view attachment
red and white streaks are passing cars.
Click to view attachment
Last one, I promise.
the panel looks like its wavy, but its just the reflection of the lights
6freak
Nice time laps work .....and nice car too ...need that rear bumper top and it would darn near be perfect ....good work smile.gif
70_914
IPB Image

IPB Image

Just dragged it home....
zy84
Hello everyone. I recently acquired a 73 914. aktion035.gif It needs much work.

I believe the original color was orange but got painted navy blue. I'll add more photos later.

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
They all need work. Looks like a nice car
Sleepin
Here is my Dad's new 1970 1.7. He just bought it on Feb 16th. drunk.gif welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
pcar916
By request, a few Penelope pix.

Hangin out in the driveway with a new auxilliary oil cooler
Click to view attachment

The fuel cell/oil cooler package. The (red) frame is now part of the car, and the components can be removed or installed in about 10 minutes if I must. Cooler duct module and cooler in far less.
Click to view attachment

The stuff that had to be installed into the front trunk to get the 993 motor cooled and fed properly. Some solid transmission mounts are there as well I think and obviously not front trunk fodder. That's a stock 993 fuel pump. -8 lines replicate the 993 fuel line id. Reurns can be -6.
Click to view attachment

More oil cooling in the high pressure liquid circuit, rather than the foamy circuit like the front cooler. Way more efficient heat transfer. Mounted behind the transmission between the exhausts. This Earl's cooler finally started leaking a little (4 years later) and was replaced with a higher BTU B&M unit... just because it was easy to do so. Turns out I didn't need the fan and never installed it.
Click to view attachment
vin man
My 914's:

Current: IPB Image

Past:
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image
orange914

nice. welcome.png still have the mustang? there seems to be alot of us 914ers attracted to them also
vin man
I don't have that one anymore. I have a 67 hardtop with a modified online 6, Aussie head, DUI ignition, headers, etc. I'm never getting rid of it. I still kick myself daily for selling that 67 black fastback!
Krank
Here's a shot of my lil' fixeruper. With the nice long winters here I should have it on the road in about a week...................from July 19, 2014! welder.gif Click to view attachment
Drums66
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 7 2010, 05:49 AM) *

Hello everyone. I have been a member for a while and looking for a 914-6 for a while. I just bought (Feb. 6, 2010) my third (and final) 914-6; VIN 9141430372. It is an original 1971 6, original California car. That is the good news.

The bad news is the original 2.0 was replaced in the early 80's with a 3.0 SC motor with webers and the car was color changed from gold to black. Amazingly the car runs and all of the electrical works except the defroster/heater/blower motor. Even the reverse lights work.

The car has a couple of small rust spots on it but is generally in pretty darn good shape.

I was able to drive the car before I bought it but did not drive it 70 miles home because the right front brake started to drag when I first drove it at the seller's home and I did not want to do any damage. The car has been sitting for about 2 years and was driven infrequently before that. The odometer shows 89K miles. So I had it flat-bedded to my home and then drove it into my garage.

I will figure out how to post some pictures soon. I love these cars and enjoy this forum very much and you will be seeing more of this car. Thank you all for reading.
Click to view attachment

Very Very....Coooooooool shades.gif
dem
I guess before I post all sorts of ridiculous things, I should put my intro here.. after some errant straying into 993 and Boxster land, I have regained (lost) my senses and returned to the land of rust and oil leaks..

Previously I had a '74 2.0 LE creamsicle with rattlecan black over the orange. I owned it from ~1995 to ~2001. Hello former Porschephiles mailing listers!

New car is a 1973 formerly 2.0 converted to a 2.7L 914-6. The PO had it since 1986. 911SC front suspension, real 914-6 oil tank, 914-6 stub axles, 914-6 heat exchangers, 16x6" fuchs, etc.

I've already ordered new rubber and carpet. Great to see the 914 aftermarket doing so well after being gone nearly 10 years!

IPB Image
jtf914
welcome.png

Nice teener, love the color. Welcome.
rjames
Beeautiful color and great engine combo. Way to drive back into the fray in style! smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Here's a pic of my Fuchs transformation from 15s to 16s; took a pic with both the painted copper top and the black top. Also completed the door panels. I thought I'd like the black top with the new 16" Fuchs, but now think the painted copper roof looks better.
Tom
Jim,
Very nice!
Tom
Ferg
Wow Jim! Digging the 16's, and I agree like the copper top.

(see I resisted the battery joke biggrin.gif )

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.