Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
friethmiller
QUOTE(zfisher6164 @ Dec 31 2022, 08:00 PM) *

recently bought 70 914-6

Love this -6 first.gif
ssstikircr
She’s pretty much all done… Still sitting with no motor and trans. Just waiting for my back ordered LS3 Vette motor and Boxer S 6spd.

Click to view attachment
Justinp71
Dang we are neighbors! I am in Orangevale, have to come check this out sometime.
6volt
bye1.gif Hi! Another VW guy turned to the dark side here. I realize its partly due to the perspective of the photo but I find it hilarious how dwarfed it is next to a Crosscheck, which is not a large vehicle by any means.
This is my '75 purchased last fall. Pretty standard no frills 1.8L, non-appearance package. Original numbers matching engine with just over 100k miles. Body is nice and straight, never been hit or even nudged. It's now in the garage in pieces addressing the hell hole and floor pans. Planning to start a build thread soon, when I get around to it.

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(6volt @ Apr 7 2023, 03:32 PM) *

bye1.gif Hi! Another VW guy turned to the dark side here. I realize its partly due to the perspective of the photo but I find it hilarious how dwarfed it is next to a Crosscheck, which is not a large vehicle by any means.
This is my '75 purchased last fall. Pretty standard no frills 1.8L, non-appearance package. Original numbers matching engine with just over 100k miles. Body is nice and straight, never been hit or even nudged. It's now in the garage in pieces addressing the hell hole and floor pans. Planning to start a build thread soon, when I get around to it.

Click to view attachment

@6volt .

nice stuff. looks like a beaut little 1.8
can i ask you for some info for research we have been doing for a couple of years on 74 and 75 1.8 L Jets if its not too much trouble.

is there still a white painted (stencil) on the engine tin?
it will be on the left hand side in the area where the electric heater fan hose is (or was).
or on the right hand side in a similar spot. it will be a three number code starting with 9. if it is still there what is the number?

good luck with the car. beerchug.gif
6volt
can i ask you for some info for research we have been doing for a couple of years on 74 and 75 1.8 L Jets if its not too much trouble.

it will be on the left hand side in the area where the electric heater fan hose is (or was).
or on the right hand side in a similar spot. it will be a three number code starting with 9. if it is still there what is the number?

I have the engine torn down now but I captured video of the whole process. Here's the number on the tin: 918.

What does that number mean?

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(6volt @ Apr 12 2023, 01:29 PM) *

I have the engine torn down now but I captured video of the whole process. Here's the number on the tin: 918.

What does that number mean?

Click to view attachment

@6volt thanks for going to the trouble of posting the photo. beerchug.gif

the stamps were printed on the engines at the hanover plant where the engines were made. the stamp identifies firstly the model the engine was going in (9 means 914 in 1975MY) and the second two numbers the particular spec. in this case, if the engine is original to the car, 18 means 75 1.8, 49 states, without console and gauges.

link to data collected to date.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6668&st=120
scroll down there is a full list as it stands at present.
we are on the lookout for 921. this should be a 75 1.8, calif, fitted with console.

all VW engines of that period were stamped with the three digit number. this allowed them to be shipped off the the factories where the production lines were for particular models and for the engines to be tracked and identified before being bolted into the cars.
each model got its own first number.

the 73 and 74 914 model years use 6 as the first number.

70-72 model years use an earlier system but have stamps on the engine tin also.
6volt
the stamps were printed on the engines at the hanover plant where the engines were made. the stamp identifies firstly the model the engine was going in (9 means 914 in 1975MY) and the second two numbers the particular spec. in this case, if the engine is original to the car, 18 means 75 1.8, 49 states, without console and gauges.

link to data collected to date.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6668&st=120
scroll down there is a full list as it stands at present.
we are on the lookout for 921. this should be a 75 1.8, calif, fitted with console.

all VW engines of that period were stamped with the three digit number. this allowed them to be shipped off the the factories where the production lines were for particular models and for the engines to be tracked and identified before being bolted into the cars.
each model got its own first number.

the 73 and 74 914 model years use 6 as the first number.

70-72 model years use an earlier system but have stamps on the engine tin also.

Good to know, thanks!

garrettlee2
Click to view attachment
wimbishpaul@gmail.com
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 27 2002, 02:58 PM) *

Let’s see your babies, 914’s only please!
We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

Sorry our pic is a bit crappy.

Mark & Kim Henry, Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQuyFm0pYoI

wes
Click to view attachment She’s ready for tomorrow’s Luftgekuhlt!
SO.O.C914er
Like the longboard nice square tail who made it? I have a Aipa square tail 9,6 nose rider. popcorn[1].gif
wes
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 28 2023, 09:50 PM) *

love the board!!! piratenanner.gif
DRPHIL914
recent picture at a Cruise in car and plane show at the local rural airport with our PCA chapter and a couple other clubs. - here next to a beautiful GT3!
moldygreg
1973 1.7 Zambezi Green

Click to view attachment
1974Ravenna914
Click to view attachment

Hello everyone, I am a new member here and exploring a little bit. Here is a pic of my 914 recently purchased and enjoying every minute behind the wheel.
wonkipop
QUOTE(1974Ravenna914 @ May 6 2023, 10:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hello everyone, I am a new member here and exploring a little bit. Here is a pic of my 914 recently purchased and enjoying every minute behind the wheel.

@1974Ravenna914
real nice 74. beerchug.gif
is it a 1.8?
mate914
@admins

What is this down load? There is a download on this reply from a new user. Somehow it did not copy on my reply?
Attached File(s)
Attached File U_Tube_914.htm ( 1.03mb ) Number of downloads: 11

QUOTE(wimbishpaul@gmail.com @ Apr 28 2023, 03:22 PM) *

We really don’t care what kind of POS water-cooled you drive. Unless it’s a 914 V-8 conversion of course!

mlindner
My 914-6 GT Tribute at Road America, concours in the streets. Lot of great cars and people. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
FlacaProductions
my 74 2.0 that currently - unfortunately - lives in another state. I get back a week at a time and try to make the best of it when the weather is good.
Click to view attachment
1974Ravenna914
QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 8 2023, 04:28 AM) *

Click to view attachment

@1974Ravenna914
is it a 1.8?

Correct! 1.8 and currently waiting for new alternator so I can get back on the road.
mlindner
If it lives in Wisconsin, I would drive it every week for you. Great Car. Thanks
wonkipop
QUOTE(1974Ravenna914 @ May 8 2023, 09:39 PM) *

Click to view attachment

@1974Ravenna914
is it a 1.8?

Correct! 1.8 and currently waiting for new alternator so I can get back on the road.

great. L jets forever. beerchug.gif

we L jet owners did a fair bit of research a couple of years back.
if you feel like contributing some info for the data that would be helpful?

emission sticker (up above relay cover) in engine bay on left hand side.
is it still there. what does it say? EC-A or EC-B engine.
a posted photo would be good.
(we are on the lookout for a particular emission sticker, USAEPA only approved,
@JeffBowlsby has one documented example, seeing if there is more).

tuning sticker on the engine tin if it is still there.
its the little white sticker on top of engine tin on left hand side of engine.
a posted photo would be great to document it.
there were two types of stickers.
one with a single hose shown to distributor, the other with two.

lastly, the white painted 3 digit engine code stamped on the tin.
will be either on left hand side or right hand side.
often hidden by the blower fan hose when its on the left hand side.
if its still there, what is the number.

but only if you have time to go to the trouble.
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
1974Ravenna914
QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 9 2023, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(1974Ravenna914 @ May 8 2023, 09:39 PM) *

Click to view attachment

@1974Ravenna914
is it a 1.8?

great. L jets forever. beerchug.gif

we L jet owners did a fair bit of research a couple of years back.
if you feel like contributing some info for the data that would be helpful?

emission sticker (up above relay cover) in engine bay on left hand side.
is it still there. what does it say? EC-A or EC-B engine.
a posted photo would be good.
(we are on the lookout for a particular emission sticker, USAEPA only approved,
@JeffBowlsby has one documented example, seeing if there is more).

tuning sticker on the engine tin if it is still there.
its the little white sticker on top of engine tin on left hand side of engine.
a posted photo would be great to document it.
there were two types of stickers.
one with a single hose shown to distributor, the other with two.

lastly, the white painted 3 digit engine code stamped on the tin.
will be either on left hand side or right hand side.
often hidden by the blower fan hose when its on the left hand side.
if its still there, what is the number.

but only if you have time to go to the trouble.
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, prior to me getting the car, the fuel injection was removed, and a single carb was installed in its place. Not my choice, but it was well worth it to get the car. I'm planning on a double Weber set up as time and funds are available. Even with the limits of what the single carb gives, just the pleasure of being out on a slow cruise gives a lot of smiles.
Justinp71
Updated photo... currently working to get more of a "GT" interior.
Justinp71
QUOTE(mlindner @ May 8 2023, 06:15 AM) *

My 914-6 GT Tribute at Road America, concours in the streets. Lot of great cars and people. Best, MarkClick to view attachment

Nice. You have anymore pictures of the interior? I am looking for inspirations of a combo GT/Street interior.
dlkawashima
My 914 turned 50 today.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
@mate914

Hey Mate,
just somebody who isn't very computer savvy trying to post a YouTube video of their 914.
bye1.gif

PS: I fixed the original post to point to the correct video ...

QUOTE(mate914 @ May 8 2023, 04:05 AM) *

@admins

What is this down load? There is a download on this reply from a new user. Somehow it did not copy on my reply?
Attached File(s)
Attached File U_Tube_914.htm ( 1.03mb ) Number of downloads: 11

QUOTE(wimbishpaul@gmail.com @ Apr 28 2023, 03:22 PM) *

coachjoeadams
Here's my 1973 2.0
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
KYBluegrass
My '73 1.7. Olympic Blue. 3rd Owner. Pretty much original.
Zodiac
1973 Beach Boy
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Zodiac @ Aug 13 2023, 05:43 AM) *

Speechless smile.gif
davenorcal
With help from many of you on this forum she is back on the road…fog lights come on without the headlights being on, new fuse panel, high-beam problem resolved, Boxster caliper alignment solved, new 16” Fuchs with black centers…
Coolhandgoose
New ride!
campbellcj
Film shot from last year's PCA ünStock Show in Burbank CA.

IPB Image
Justinp71
QUOTE(davenorcal @ Aug 13 2023, 08:56 AM) *

With help from many of you on this forum she is back on the road…fog lights come on without the headlights being on, new fuse panel, high-beam problem resolved, Boxster caliper alignment solved, new 16” Fuchs with black centers…

@davenorcal Nice rice! You in the bay area? Where did you get the hood pins?

Make sure to get some padding on that rollbar!
DRPHIL914
Chattanooga Tn
-Phil
slapshot
American Fork Canyon, UT
driving.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
davenorcal
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 22 2023, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(davenorcal @ Aug 13 2023, 08:56 AM) *

@davenorcal Nice rice! You in the bay area? Where did you get the hood pins?

Make sure to get some padding on that rollbar!

Sorry for my late response…i did not build the car, so unfortunately I do not know the source of the pins. 10-4 on the bar padding.
parrish911
'73 2.0. Tampa, FL. Too many mods (improvements?) to list here.Click to view attachment
Mikey1
Newly acquired 914 2.0 , 1973 been fully restored from the shell up Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jackspratt
What wheels are those? Looks great.
Justinp71
QUOTE(Mikey1 @ Nov 8 2023, 02:18 PM) *

Newly acquired 914 2.0 , 1973 been fully restored from the shell up Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Very very nice!
Mikey1
QUOTE(jackspratt @ Nov 27 2023, 11:40 PM) *

What wheels are those? Looks great.

Minilites, thanks.
davenorcal
QUOTE(Mikey1 @ Nov 8 2023, 02:18 PM) *

Good looking…congrats!
porschenstock
Hello All from France,

My new 914
The car is based on a 1,7L from 1971
Below is the specification.
Engine: -901/6 with cylinder capacity increased to 2,200 c.c. and compression ratio increased by 10: 1 - Weber IDA 40 coolers with improved flow rate Eurocarb.co.uk - Competition exhaust system with independent collectors - Calibrated and lightened engine volute - Petrol pump Facet high output - Petrol pressure regulator Facet Gearbox: -Dog Leg 901 coming from 914 of 1971 -Quaife self-locking differential -Quick shift Porsche Suspension: -Front from 911 3.2 with Bilstein Sport shock absorbers and upper diameter torsion bars (24mm) -Swivel stabilizer bar Weltmeister, adjustable - Rear, original 914 with shock absorbers Koni Racing - Stabilizer bar Porsche 914/6 Braking: -Driven from 911 3.2 with Ferodo DS2500 inserts -Outdoor rear brakes - Chassis brake: - Reinforced according to the recommended scheme for the original 914 GT with plates reinforcements in the rear spars and the entire base of the passenger compartment - Front headlight drive system, weight-Mittelmotore Other: - Electronic ignition system MSD - Simplified electrical installation - Engine oil cooling system with front radiator and air deflector type 914 GT - Anchorage of seat belts type 914 GT – Mittelmotore

The car as been completely stripped and transformed onto a GT.

porschenstock
under engine
porschenstock
during restoration
porschenstock
Headlight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.