Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
jonferns
finally, some outside-the-garage pics....

IPB Image

IPB Image

-JON
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 23 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Here's my 1974 2.0 wub.gif Just wish the sun had been out when I took the pic.

Click to view attachment

Very Nice! A 914 and an Infinity FX. I thought I was the only one with a 914 and an FX45. My FX is so much quicker than my 914 - until it comes to a corner........
John
Here are a couple current pictures of my silver street car (3.2)

PThompson509
Recently bought this 1975 1.8L 914 from a very nice gal up in Venice Beach, CA. I'm converting it to electric drive (slowly) welder.gif. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the transmission...dang parts are expensive for that headbang.gif.

Oh, pictures, yeah.

Click to view attachment

Progress on the conversion can be found at my blog: http://cruzware.com/peter/blog

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Peter
mikeyboy_85
more of my 914
mikeyboy_85
IXIIV
mikeyboy_85
My RHD interior, going to fit Original steering wheel, anyone want to buy this one ?

mikeyboy_85
All my cars .. .
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Aug 13 2007, 04:35 AM) *

My RHD interior, going to fit Original steering wheel, anyone want to buy this one ?

That is awesome! thumb3d.gif
John
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Aug 13 2007, 12:35 AM) *

Does it have a map pocket on the right hand door like it does on the left hand door?

Where is the emergency brake lever?

I always wondered about RHD 914's. I didn't know they actually came that way from Porsche. Was it converted after it left the factory?

Welcome to the group.
degreeoff
I cant imagine trying to drive that!?
Gustl
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 14 2007, 08:02 PM) *
I cant imagine trying to drive that!?

oh, that's easy ... I drove a RHD rental car at a 3 weeks holiday in Ireland

the only problem was, that I always tended to enter at the passenger's side biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
Is that a Crawford conversion, or did someone else make it RHD? Very cool! Ian McMullan in Ireland was attempting a RHD and 6 conversion, I don't know how it turned out.
Johny Blackstain
Cinnamon baby, cinnamon! Scored the entire tan interior off of another creamsicle & man I like it! Put it in the six & carpet is next.
Johny Blackstain
proof that I didn't swap mine.
Nicke Nilsson
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 14 2007, 04:25 PM) *

Cinnamon baby, cinnamon! Scored the entire tan interior off of another creamsicle & man I like it! Put it in the six & carpet is next.

Nice Nose....
SirAndy
QUOTE(John @ Aug 14 2007, 10:40 AM) *

I always wondered about RHD 914's. I didn't know they actually came that way from Porsche.

they didn't. all RHD 914s are aftermarket conversions. porsche never made one. neither did the dealers ...

bye1.gif Andy
Johny Blackstain
mueba.gif
stephenaki
Proud new owner of this yellow beauty however, it won't be staying yellow...Now I am in the process of getting her shipped to me in Stuttgart, Germany. Should have her by October.
Allan
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Aug 16 2007, 10:46 PM) *

Proud new owner of this yellow beauty however, it won't be staying yellow...Now I am in the process of getting her shipped to me in Stuttgart, Germany. Should have her by October.

Nice!!!

What color will you go with?
shelby/914
Click to view attachment

Just a picture of the '76 semi-beater
shelby/914
one for the road

Click to view attachment
stephenaki
Not sure yet, I saw this beautiful red on an SUV back in Tennessee before I left. Never got the chance to find out exactly what the paint was, looked like a cross between metallic and pearl. Will look at some colors before I make a decision, besides, gotta get the body mods done first before I paint her. Flares, air dam, etc.

Nice!!!

What color will you go with?
[/quote]
hwgunner
Just picked it up and drove it to a friends. It is now officially mine. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
'nuther beerchug.gif
It's the Ravana Green one
euro911
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 21 2007, 11:04 PM) *

'nuther beerchug.gif
It's the Ravana Green one

Looks like Mark B's car in the foreground? unsure.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Here's the 'BB' (Black Bastard) at present

... and my wife's newest car ... 'Howie'

(opposites attract you know) thumb3d.gif

Hopefully they'll bring a good ROI so I can put the $ back into my dilapidated tail draggers laugh.gif
hwgunner
Thant is Marks car in the foreground. My friend Dr. Jimmy's car is in the back ground. beerchug.gif
markb
Jonathan's car is sitting in my driveway. The neighbors must think I'm nuts with 3 of them now. biggrin.gif Little do they know it's just the beginning.......
thesey914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Aug 14 2007, 09:57 PM) *

Is that a Crawford conversion,

Crayford converted a handful of 914s into RHD in england. Not brilliiantly well from what I've been told
mikeyboy_85
It may have been converted in england but im pretty sure that my car came from the states, It has porsche on the engine lid so it seems to be a US car. Is there anyway to tell other than that ?
Gustl
side spots at the front fender
DOT-sticker at the driver's side B-pillar
VIN plate at the driver's side window frame
rear emblem doesn't say "VW-Porsche"
"fasten seat belt" in the middle of the dash board
Porsche crest at the horn button
bumper guards - depending on the model year

to be continued ...
clarkcou
Slowly coming together
BIGKAT_83
Time for some updated pictures. I've owned this one since 1984. Did a V8 conversion 5 years ago and have been driving it ever since.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Bob
mrhurtalot
nice your car is beautiful
JOE M
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif Here is my 72` just got it a week ago. Needs some work but it`s my first Porsche.
racerbvd
I was building a 4 banger teener for street & auto X fun. It at one time belonged a FL. 914 guru name Jay, who owned RPM in Port Orange. This was the "Turbo Charged 2.0" back in the day, that is until he sold it to a guy who worked for him who blew the engine
A few things make this 914 chassis worth while.
1 71, so it is a lighter teener, with "pulled rear 1/4s" so you can fit much wider wheels in the back & still look stock. .

2 To keep the teener light, stock styled glass bumpers (installed) and glass front & rear deck lids (not installed),

3 Engine, most parts to build up a 2.5 Type IV. Small Earls front oil cooler & lines, never used. Small Acusump included too. .

4 Susp & brakes, Konis with raised spindle front struts, front rotors (none of the new brakes are installed) are brand new, German, that were slotted then Cryo treated and 4" 930 wheel studs pressed in (rear hubs too) so when running the stock 2.0 Fuchs,and comes with 7X15 ATS wheels (one is bent though) as well as the 2.0 Fuch, they can be spaced out, giving a wider track. BMW front calipers and fronts moved to the rear, and a reinforsed pair of rear trailing arms, & Welt 22mm front sway bar all included to finish it up.

5 Int. is just plain stock black, with a later 911 4 spoke wheel.

Anyone who remembers Jay & RPM when he and the shop were in the prime know what kind of cars & engines they built, and this being Jay's personal demo car, had lots of neat tricks
Jamie M
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

My 914, I am a new owner 1 month now. 1974 2.0L
watsonrx13
I finally finished my '74 2.0l dual weber project car.

Original bahia red, it's now for sale.

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
Todd Enlund
First Post...

I recently traded my services as a wedding photographer for a 1971 Tangerine 914 roller and 901 side shifter. Looking for an engine, and since I'm starting with nothing, will probably be a Subie, unless I find a good deal on something interesting. I really need to clear out more room in the garage...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cantley914
Not mine but another one of my test drives.
Friend of mine dropped it off at home with the keys and said: Go for a spin and enjoy.
So like you guys all say: I drove it like If I stole it....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
hwgunner
Here are a couple shots of one that i am trying to figure out what to do with. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
poke.gif
woobn8r
You can always put it on a truck and send it to me!!!

S.
hwgunner
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 20 2007, 07:16 AM) *

S.

Wow, that's great!!!! I knew we were all friends but free bodywork?? I really appreciate that. I will get it on the truck the second tuesday of next week. beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 19 2007, 11:09 PM) *

Here are a couple shots of one that i am trying to figure out what to do with. beerchug.gif
... Hell, I'd be happy just to have the space you've got to work on it dry.gif
woobn8r
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 20 2007, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 20 2007, 07:16 AM) *

S.

Wow, that's great!!!! I knew we were all friends but free bodywork?? I really appreciate that. I will get it on the truck the second tuesday of next week. beerchug.gif

Hey Jonathan,

Y'now I'm always willing to help out another teener...that's just the kind of guy I am....free bodywork...you mean you won't pay shipping charges too.... av-943.gif

Seriously, if you decide to unload it as a shell....I may be interested...(my wife wouldn't be).
jonferns
smile.gif
arvcube
newbie here...looking forward to learning alot from these forums!
my new project: 1975 Porsche 914 2.0

IPB Image
StevieJ
Noob also but that is why I am here to learn

1972 914 1.7L

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.