Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
larss
I have had my 914/4 -72 one year by now. It was completely stripped and rust fixed in 1987 and has been sitting since then, next spring it will be on the road again!
Have been fixing with lots of bits and pieces during the last year (will publish fixing thread later), the car has been painted in Bahia Red (good paint job!) still waiting for the doors and hoods. Interior, seats etc are mainly original and in good shape despite the car has had 12(!) owners before me.
Took her out when cleaning up the garage last week...

/Lars S

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
matteyp
This is my 73 which Rich has helped me build. Currently turning about half the parts of my 71 and about half the parts of Rich's garage and parts cars into this one.
Click to view attachment
championgt1
Lars, your car looks amazing! beerchug.gif
larss
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 14 2010, 06:47 AM) *

Lars, your car looks amazing! beerchug.gif

Many thanks championgt1 beerchug.gif , doors and hoods will hopefully perfect the creation...will recieve them any week....

/Lars S
dinomium
QUOTE(matteyp @ Oct 13 2010, 07:00 PM) *

This is my 73 which Rich has helped me build. Currently turning about half the parts of my 71 and about half the parts of Rich's garage and parts cars into this one.
Click to view attachment

UGMOOOOOOooooo
Root_Werks
If I remember correctly, UGMO is a very solid 914 and a good platform to build a driver from. Good luck with the project and hope to see UGMO at some local events!

driving.gif
windforfun
Here's another one of my "73 1.7. I spent hundreds of hours cleaning this thing & getting it looking new inside & out. The car now has 100 lb springs in the rear.

Click to view attachment
chandler1969
Here is my previous 914. 75 1.8L. Wish I hadnt sold it considering all the work I did to it.

Click to view attachment

Of course after a few years of going without one, I got an itchin to get another. Thanks to Brad M in Illinois for this car. It drives great.

Yellow 74 2.0

Click to view attachment

Also, a big Thank You to Garold S. for finding and sending me the original owners manual for the yellow car. THANKS!
racerbvd
Found some old pix of mine & scanned them.. beer.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

thomasotten
Here's mine. Almost finished.
thomasotten
thomasotten
Maybe a few more later...
timofly
Click to view attachment

Here's mine. 74 2.0 with 96mm cyls, cam, chrome bumpers, bursch exhaust, center console with oil pressure, voltage gauge and a dead clock. Aside from that, everything works, for now.
Some suspension issues to address, but still, driving it is the most fun you can have in public without getting arrested.

RickS
A '71 with a 2.0 4 cyl soon to be replaced by a 3.0 with Webbers. Has Side shift, and Elephant suspension (street-track hybrid).

MrLeeS
Finally got the PITA flat paint done. Hard to clean, but here she is in her street shoes. I think the car looks much better on it's track rubber, and after this weeks AX I'll post some of those. It began life as a 76 2.0 I got about a year and a half ago, and this is what it became. A Turbocharged 2366 Daily driver with regular auto-x trips along with as much track time as I can get.

Gotta say Wow! to Lars S

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
racerbvd
beer3.gif
Click to view attachment
Midtowner
Perfect weather here in the SF Bay Area today. I finally took a picture of my 1973 2.0 with the Canon EOS 7D. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
D Cope
1972 2.3 turbo air to water intercooled sds injection. I have had the car twelve years and just love it. Its a driver not a queen. It is a father and son passion project. Its not the pretiest car on the block but it sure is fast. Right now we are running 15lbs of boost and it is a rocket.

Running a 1.8/20 exhaust not the 1.7. No muffler, or heat exchangers. The turbo is the latest project. Right now it is a supper sleeper. The Fuchs always bring the question is it a six.

IPB Image

IPB Image
pete000
Here is my little project so far. 1974 1.8 only options are tinted glass and center seat pad. Engine recently rebuilt to 2.5 liter. No rust, 2 owner Southern Ca car. Purchased new at Wilmington Porsche.I will post more as it comes together.
DanT
November 13, 2010 Alameda Naval Air Station....beautiful day biggrin.gif
sooba_dave
This '75 was purchased in july. I've got early '70's Fuchs heart wheels and these boxter wheels, hoping to mount track tires on one set or the other. Brad Mayeur rebuilt the 2056, the brakes and replaced the floor. I got a good deal on the car and have it spread out over the garage floor. This winter I'll finish cleaning out remaining rust, stiffen longs, respring and bush the suspension for track use and sort out the new webers. Next winter, I'll crack it open again and pour more money on it, but I gotta be realistic for the moment. I'll post more grizzly pix later, or maybe make a build thread.
I'm glad You all are here! 914 4-ever! David Wegeng beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
SCV
Here is my 75' 1.8. It originally came from California. The Hell Hole, and body in general, are in excellent condition. With a bit of badly needed maintenance, it runs very well. I'm still running stock fuel injection.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(SCV @ Nov 30 2010, 08:22 PM) *
Here is my 75' 1.8. It originally came from California.

Is that the original color? Looks like Sahara Beige ... idea.gif
Drums66
....Looks real Cool flag.gif
bye1.gif(75' 1.8)
SCV
Unfortunately, no, the color is not original. According to the color code, the original color was Palma-Metallic Green (L-95K). The current color may in fact be a Porsche color, given the tastes of the previous owner who painted the car and reworked the interior.

BTW, thanks Drums66.

laflaur
Here is mine,9140432188. Older restoration
Gustl
wow ... that's a nice car drooley.gif

show us more pics aktion035.gif first.gif
laflaur
rear suspension with PMB goodness
Skid
Here is my 73 1.7. I can't wait to stuff my new 2056 in it and see how it goes!
IPB Image
laflaur
Skid, great color. Welcome!
orange914
laflaur... skid... beautiful 914's first.gif

of course orange 914's rule
Skid
QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 11 2010, 12:45 AM) *

laflaur... skid... beautiful 914's first.gif

of course orange 914's rule

I must say I agree. This is the second 914 that I have had, and both have been orange. Thanks guys
Jeffs9146
My newest purchase!
willamp
Here's the '73 2.0 carbed 914 I bought last August. It's in really nice shape with no rust. There's some cosmetic improvements that can be made but mechanically a very solid car. Earlier I had some wheel issues and now I'm in the middle of a sound reducing quest. Removed the drilled brake rotors recently and the bursch exhaust is getting replaced with OEM next. This is my 2nd 914, had my first back in the early '90s. A great deal on a 911 caused the first 914 to go, the 911 was replaced with a TR-6 followed by 5 Alfa's and then 3 Lotus's. All in all I'm glad to be back with the 914.

Click to view attachment
Cambo
Click to view attachment

Wine tasting on a nice day....
willamp
QUOTE(Cambo @ Dec 27 2010, 04:43 PM) *

Wine tasting on a nice day....

Aahhh, I can almost smell the grapes. But tasting the wine would be nice too.
GaroldShaffer
Updated pics:

Putting my 70 to work driving.gif
Click to view attachment

The XP car aka Moby (sold in spring 2010)
Click to view attachment

And lastly the newest addition, a 71 that will be built up as a SCCA DP AX car. Needs some smash.gif & sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment
pt_700
my 3 owner '71 1.7. plan to someday put a small block in but, house and marriage put that one on the back burner... current wife's promised to let me indulge! really like some of the clean conversion cars i've seen on the site. no flares for me.

in the meantime, dogs totally love riding in it. interior's already ruff (get it?) so, who's worried about some mud and hair. after using her to haul landscaping rocks and tall trees, i've found she makes a decent "work truck" too!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
steeks
Click to view attachmentIts a rolling wreck, But its MY rolling wreck!
rgalla9146
My 6 since 1983
Ooops ! ....picture problem
jtg
Click to view attachment

1971 Converted to electric, 0-60 in 11.5 sec, 106 MPH top speed.
oldschool
QUOTE(jtg @ Jan 11 2011, 05:45 PM) *

Click to view attachment

1971 Converted to electric, 0-60 in 11.5 sec, 106 MPH top speed.

very cool can you share some close ups
utah914
1974 Zambezi Green 2.0. This picture is from the first time we owned it, summer of 2006. Sold it in spring of 2008. Bought it back in October 2009.

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
Old pix, chicks kept getting in the way..

Click to view attachment
jtg
Here's my modified instrument cluster after my restoration. Moved odometer to 0 since it wasn't working at all when purchased

Click to view attachment

Close up of modified "gas gage". I haven't put gas in it in a year! 950 miles so far as of this date. "0A out" gauge counts amps in and out of batteries. I see up to 500 amps under max acceleration. Bars indicate empty or full. I had to put some "sci fy" labels on it just to have fun.

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
Our 914-6 evilgrin.gif
Click to view attachment
jtg
Electric motor bolted to original clutch and transmission:

Click to view attachment

Transmission overhauled by Dr. Evil.
Motor / transmission installed:

Click to view attachment

Front battery pack, charger, 12v aux battery:

Click to view attachment

Rear battery pack mounted above electric motor:

Click to view attachment

Range on single charge is over 132 miles.

Click to view attachment

Too much fun!
jtg
Click to view attachment

I got lots of help from the folks in this forum. Thanks!

driving.gif
flipb
QUOTE(jtg @ Jan 19 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I got lots of help from the folks in this forum. Thanks!

driving.gif

So cool. I love the idea of electric conversions. Can you start a build thread and go through what you did? How much power does your motor produce? Regen braking or just the original friction brakes?

Someday... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.