Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Steve
Nice Pics!!
Here's mine its a 75 914-6 with a 3.2 motor.
tat2dphreak
all my pics:

photo gallery
Steve
Here's a better picture of my 914.
seanery
schweet!

welcome to the club!!
Aaron Cox
welcome! bienvenidos..etc biggrin.gif

interesting..rear flares only. like the aesthetics of it tongue.gif
Steve
Thanks!!
It's a daily driver with a Euro 3.2 and stock DME Injection.
It started life as a 2 liter in 86.
Later in 86 I installed a 2.7 with Webers.
Two years ago the 2.7 started pulling head studs so I replaced it with the 3.2.
I tried multiple combinations and ended up with:
Front
21 mm front torsion bars.
22 mm weltmeister adjustable sway bar.
205-50-16 tires.
Rear
140lb springs
Stock rear sway bar
245-45-16 tires.
This combination got rid of the throttle induced oversteer and its not to stiff for the street.
Some day I will get the money to install steel GT flairs and paint it.

Steve
Brad Roberts
Nice car Steve !! clap56.gif

I love the silver 914's with GT flares.

B
Steve
Thanks!!!
This 3.2 conversion was the best thing I ever did to this car.
It's so much more funner to drive than the carbureted 2.7.
Wiring up the DME was a total joke and a lot less hassle than carbs.

Steve
72Signal914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 16 2003, 10:23 PM)
funner

???????
lol2.gif lol2.gif

Just messin', I'm sure I'll get some fingers for that
JRust
Here is my 73' 2.0. 95% done biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
Jrust... what color is that?! looks very sweet dude!
JRust
It is a dark metalic blue!Just picked it off a color chart. I am afraid it is a Volvo color unsure.gif . What can I say I loved the color. Not stock but oh well rolleyes.gif . About to put t up for sale too. It's killing me. ar15.gif
tat2dphreak
who cares if it was a stock color.. it looks sweet on that car!
Steve
I thought funner was a word??
I'm not used to sending emails without a spell checker.

Steve
Frank Marino
Before the great rains.
Frank Marino
Another.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 17 2003, 05:27 PM)
It is a dark metalic blue!Just picked it off a color chart. I am afraid it is a Volvo color unsure.gif . What can I say I loved the color. Not stock but oh well rolleyes.gif . About to put t up for sale too. It's killing me. ar15.gif

yup, looks like the color that was on my volvo wagon smile.gif
3D914
Greetings all,

I believe this is my first posting to this site. Spend most of my time over at PP. Couldn't resist checkin out all the beautiful teeners.

IPB Image

Enjoy!
Brad Roberts
I helped you out a little.

Welcome to the board... we are little more laid back here...LOL

Great car..great color !! clap56.gif

B
Rods914
My 74 with new paint and mods.
RB....
tat2dphreak
I love that car Rods!

willkommen!
Jeffs9146
My new 6 project!

Jeff
tat2dphreak
very nice!!! looks great man!

welcome to the board!!!!!!!
Porsche Rescue
Allow me to show off my '74. I can take no credit for its appearance. The PO bought it new and only put 30,200 total miles on it. Even with such little use, he took great care of the car. What I find most unusual is the modifications on such a low-mile car (he entered local PCA autocross and concours in the southeast, car is from Tennessee). Has externally adjustable Konis with movable spring perchs, hard bushings, 911 front brakes, Weltmeister truss bar, factory sway bars (car was originally a 1.8) and custom 5 gauge console. The paint is entirely original except the obvious rocker panels and 916 type glass bumpers. The bumpers were added in 1992 when the car had 25K miles. Unfortunately he did not keep the originals. I bet they were nice. I got it with a blown 1.7 race engine in a crate. My only contribution has been to install a carbed 2.0. When I get the carbs right it will run as good as it looks (that's why the engine lid is not on yet).
Curvie Roadlover
Are those ATS wheels? I love those. Great car! smilie_pokal.gif
Porsche Rescue
Front view (yes, ATS)
Porsche Rescue
Interior showing console, oil pressure, oil temp, head temp, volts, clock........
Porsche Rescue
Not sure why interior pictures are so poor (maybe it's the photographer). I added the mats to protect the carpet. PO drove it with bare floors and only put the floor carpet down for shows. I'm not that fussy.
Porsche Rescue
Another "foggy" interior shot
Porsche Rescue
Ever wonder what the area behind the gas tank looked like in the 70's?
Bruce Allert
WOW! super nice Jim smilie_pokal.gif
I didn't know anything could look that clean! beerchug.gif
bruce
ChrisReale
Good God that is clean. Seats look to be perfect. Gas tank area is mint!
tat2dphreak
I drool on your car!!

so purty it brings a tear to my eye!!

cool.gif
JRust
Yah whats the deal with the poor pics comment Jim! If those pictures suck I can't imagine what it really looks like! Oh yes I can I have seen it wink.gif . I'd love to have that 914. What a sweet ride
J P Stein
OK, now show em' the rear runk, battery tray, spare tire well.....make em' cry.

If the thing had a fatboy 6, I'd cry. wub.gif
Jeroen
WOW!!!
That's simply amazing!
Make sure you take good care of it

cheers,

Jeroen
Mountain914
I have lurked long enough - I must post pics !!
The original post said no conversions, but ... ahem ... *cough* it looks stock enough, yes? unsure.gif
Mountain914
From the rear...
Mountain914
Here's the hand stitched leather and suede interior. My butt gets warm fuzzies just thinking about it !! wub.gif
Mountain914
And finishing up (just lots of separate posts to get my 'number of posts' up tongue.gif
This was taken at a "volkswagens on the green" show.
Mountain914
Here's a final picture...
Most info about the car can be found on my homepage - with many more pictures.
tryan
damn mountain, that is one bad ride. must be fast, she's yellow. wink.gif
TVR Enthusiast
Sadly I don't ow one yet
tat2dphreak
sweet ride mountain! looks like 90mph without even moving... very slick. smilie_flagge6.gif
Mountain914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 2 2003, 04:51 PM)
sweet ride mountain! looks like 90mph without even moving... very slick. smilie_flagge6.gif

I'm tellin ya... yellow is the secret !! MDB2.gif
Thanks all !! This is a most rewarding project, but not without its challenges (and wallet-tapping requirements)!
BravoHotel
New pic of my car with "new" 6/7x16 Fuchs
BravoHotel
another view
Qarl
Niiiiice...!

I got wood looking at that beautiful car!

mueba.gif
BravoHotel
Thanks for the "supportive" comments. The paint looks better in those pics than it does in real life. The PO painted it on a really humid day...its got some runs in the clear coat. As my friend says, "...it looks good from far, but it's far from good." I absolutely love the car. I cannot take any credit for the build of the car (except the Fuchs and brand new Kumho V700's). The PO basically built it from a bare tub. The minimal rust that it had was repaired and it was built for the track. Mild 2.0 w/ dual Webers, 911 struts, 911 calipers and vented rotors all around, Weltmeister swaybar, Konig sport seat, 5-point harnesses, and a Fuel Safe fuel cell. Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing some other pics.

Thanks
Brian
Kargeek
Very Nice, Mountain and Bravo! I like the rear flair and rocker treatment on the Mountain car. Bravo's silver with the polished rim 16's is striking. What size tires are on the silver car? Also, how much fender rolling and massaging was done to fit the 7" wide rims? I am running 205/55 series with my 6X16's and I have always thought that maybe a 50 series tire would be better proportioned to the car. Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.