Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
echocanyons
New good weather pics with the new(used) rocker panels Thanks again Strat!

the color doesnt show up quite right but what the hell
echocanyons
gotta change the wheels they suck!
echocanyons
last one
krk
The color isn't quite right? Hm. It looks pretty fine from here. It's a good blue.

Yeh, you might be right on the wheels -- they might not show off enough.

Thx for posting the pics! (Friday needs more pics!)

mueba.gif

kim.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 2 2003, 02:34 PM)
I love this picture. It is fro Car & Driver  magazine 11/76.

This is really a cool ad.
I copied it from this post then tried out a new program I just got from Ebay. If you don't have the ability to print big poster size pics this program sections the photo into quadrants and sends them to your printer to be printed on 81/2 x 11 paper. You can make the picture as big as you want.... like wall murals. you just trim the borders and put it together like a puzzle. I did this one in a 4 quad print that gave me a 22 x 17 poster. Plus it has the ability within the program to inhance the picture so you aren't getting a blurry mess.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...26+WALL+MURALS+
bruce
dan10101
We did a mural on Andrews wall. It's HUGE. Took us 2 weeks.

www.hotfiles.com
search on Poster
Bruce Allert
Dan,
so yours was basically the same thing, print 8 1/2 x 11 sheets from the regular type printer?
Wall mural looks good clap56.gif
bruce
Bruce Allert
Just took new teener pics. Guess I'll add to the post
bruce
StratPlayer
Hey EC,, those panels look good and the price was right. Congrats, big improvement over what you had there.... Well done beerchug.gif
Jeff Krieger
Here's a pic of my car. This is a before photo since I'm just now starting the rustoration process. (I think the pic is fuzzy because I used a large aperture opening to take it).

IPB Image

Go to http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/MyCar.htm if you want to see more. BTW, does anyone know what kind of wheels these are? I used to think they were Western wheels.
thesey914
Bruce -Lovely car!
Kelly -What colour is that?? It's a very nice car! (need some jack hole covers badly though)
Thanks for sharing -J.Seymour
echocanyons
thesey914: originally it was alaskan blue metallic now its a bit darker it is still metallic but it doesnt look like it in the pictures

I need to figure something for the jack hole covers but I only have one jack spur, the other one was really corroded and I cut it off.
This car suffers from long rust so it is my sunny daily driver till I can find a suitable chassis to build a screamer.
dan10101
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 3 2003, 08:15 AM)
Dan,
so yours was basically the same thing, print 8 1/2 x 11 sheets from the regular type printer?
Wall mural looks good clap56.gif
bruce

Yup same thing. We used glossy 8.5x11 paper.

Here's what it looks like on the wall.
dan10101
I forgot about the preview post bug.. Here it is.
dan10101
Just so people won't accuse me of not being a 914 owner. Here is the reason I married my wife. And also the car we drove away from the church.

IPB Image
kafermeister
Mark Henry. I LOVE the look of the Sprint Stars on your 914. wub.gif

I seem to remember a post where you mentioned that they had a different offset than standard EMPI-GTV Sprint Stars. Do you remember what the offset is for your particular set of wheels? I need a pair of non-negetive offset wheels for the back of my Beetle project.

I've got 3 sets in my collection. Unfortunately, not all of mine are worth using, and I don't think I have any (other than 4.5") that will fit a 914.

Thanks for posting them. Hope you don't mind if I add your pics to my 914 pic collection.

Rick Harris
76 2.0
69 Beetle
Qarl
Kelly:

Your avatar is the G-99 car prepared by Gunnar racing for 24 Hours of Daytona.

The guy on the far left is one of the drivers, Ron Zitza, from Zotz Racing (my Porsche mechanic).

Too bad their engine had problems early in the race!

Regards.

Karl
Qarl
My first 914 (circa 1986). I was 16, and a skinny geek!
Qarl
This was my last 914 ('74 1.8) which was a very nice car. I sold her to a 72-year old SCCA racer from South Florida.

I saw it for sale in the Autotrader about a year ago.

Anyone know where it is?
echocanyons
Kellzey,

Thanks for the info on the Gunnar car, that car is a stunning purpose built car!
Is it still used in competition?

Nice cars youve had

What is the ?sticker? on the passenger fender on your old orange teener

BTW
You werent kiddin when you said you were a skinny 16y/o
Qarl
Here's a link to the Gunnar site with info on that car...

http://www.gunnarracing.com/project/g99/G99-0219.htm

Click previous update for more pics!

Regards,

Karl
Qarl
My current car!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(kafermeister @ May 3 2003, 06:03 PM)
Mark Henry. I LOVE the look of the Sprint Stars on your 914. wub.gif

I seem to remember a post where you mentioned that they had a different offset than standard EMPI-GTV Sprint Stars. Do you remember what the offset is for your particular set of wheels? I need a pair of non-negetive offset wheels for the back of my Beetle project.

I've got 3 sets in my collection. Unfortunately, not all of mine are worth using, and I don't think I have any (other than 4.5") that will fit a 914.

Thanks for posting them. Hope you don't mind if I add your pics to my 914 pic collection.

Rick Harris
76 2.0
69 Beetle

Yeh, Brad liked them as well.

I like the looks of them as well, but they are a steel wheel and a bit heavy. Also they have the factory original paint and I can see a couple of pin points of rust peaking through, so if I'm going to keep them I should refinish them soon.

This set was on the 914 when I bought it, I also have a couple of other (4 1/2" and 5 1/2") sets. If I ever get back to it I have almost all of the stuff needed to make myself a full-blown Empi GTV bug.

These rims stick out further than my other sets, I doubt if they would even fit under a stock bug fender. Right now I have 185/70-15 tires (PO) on it and they fit perfect, good clearance, 195's will also fit and 205's would be close but they might fit. My fenders have never been pulled or rolled. I have 2 sets of 2.0 Fuch's but I still haven't changed them. I may leave the stars on unless I go to the 5 bolt Fuch's. happy11.gif

I can get you the offset if you like. I'm in for the night and the first show of the year is tomorrow, so I try to do it Sunday night. I'm real busy and I tend to forget shit, so if you don't hear from me shoot me an email and remind me to measure the rims.

Another pic:
kafermeister
Cool. Thanks Mark! I'll certainly shoot you a message later tomorow if I don't hear you via the BBS.

Rick
Porsche Rescue
Kellzey,
Tell me more about the phone dials? 944 I assume but I think there is more than one offset available, maybe turbo vs non turbo. Which do I look for for a 914?
Bleyseng
Jim, Mike Mueller ran them on his other car too and got them to fit. The offset should be 4 7/8" but what year that is, I lost that chart.
Geoff
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Geoff. I had a chart bookmarked too but the page has disappeared. It had all the part #'s, offsets and application for dozens of Porsche wheels. Should have printed a hard copy.
jdogg
I finally took some pics of my car, here is the best of them...............

'74 2.0
Curvie Roadlover
jdogg, very nice car!!
elmonte
Spring is here in northern california

70 914/6 2.2
elmonte
and here is the road to the photo spot

LOTS!!!!! of FUN!!!!!!!
Rockaria
Just to add to the collection. Here is mine:

IPB Image
boxstr
WOWEE Two outstanding looking 914s and photography that really brings out the best in each vehicle.
Elmonte and Rockaria, great job, I could use either one of those for a screensaver.
CCLINWONDERLAND
Kargeek
Here’s mine. This is a great board for the 914. I personally re-built the car between 1981 and 1988 and have owned it for 25 years. Painted Porsche Chiffon white. It was a bare shell project and I had the luxury of using mostly all NOS parts. It's a '72 with a dual carb 2.0 euro P/C's spec motor, late side shift trans, six suspension and 4 wheel vented brakes. 6X16’s NOS brown interior, rubber etc. and every nut bolt and hardware bead blasted and re plated. NOS Italian wiring harness, French taillights- a lot of mixed Porsche parts on the car. I molded the front aftermarket valance, a six pan in the rear and punched some louvers in the rockers and angled them out slightly- I used 944 rear hatch shocks for the rear trunk so I could remove the trunk springs to clear my carb linkage. I’m not ashamed to have the VW - Porsche emblem on the rear. Sorry to say, it’s a bit of a garage queen with 4,000 miles. Dave HWebshots page
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(elmonte @ May 11 2003, 09:37 PM)

LOTS!!!!! of FUN!!!!!!!

A curvie road!! I love those biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Jeff Krieger
Kargeek, you have a beautiful looking car.
SirAndy
QUOTE(elmonte @ May 11 2003, 10:37 PM)

is that mt. diablo ????
Kargeek
Thanks for the comment. I bought the car in '78 off a used car lot with a cheezy bronze color repaint with 90,000 miles. Made payments on it for 3 years and ran it into the ground. I tore it apart in '81 to build an engine and one thing led to another. These cars are finally getting the respect they deserve. If only I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if it was a six- or, telling me it's not a real Porsche, I'd be a wealthy man.
krk
Alrighty then. It's awesome to see these very sweet new addtions to the board!

kim.
Jeffs9146
If only I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if it was a six- or, telling me it's not a real Porsche, I'd be a wealthy man.

I had two people ask me if mine was a 6 today! Man, I need a 6 now!!!

Jeff
Gint
jdogg, elmonte, Rockaria and Kargeek - All very nice cars. Thanks for posting the pics!
boxstr
Seems like there are allot of 914s and nice 914s in Orange. Orange Calif. that is.
CCLINMIUTEMAIDLAND
Aaron Cox
the other day at a hospital in orange county, a 914-6 rolled up.....neat sound. i hate doctors!
elmonte
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 12 2003, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE(elmonte @ May 11 2003, 10:37 PM)

is that mt. diablo ????

Best backyard a 914/6 can have for a sunset drive
mt diablo.
Kargeek
Calling all those teeners in LA & Orange County... We should someting get a group together. Or, if your a PCA member, (or not) come out June 1st to the Huntington Beach Concours which this year will include PCA OC region's white glove concours show. You don't have to be a Q-tip wennie, you can come as you are and just do a non judged park it and shoot the bull. To register, forms are available on the Zone 8 website www.pca.org/zone8 or http://vista.pca.org/ocr/. In addition to the Porsches, this year you can drool over all kinds of "other" automotive delights - you have to like them all and it would be good to have the 914's in better attendence. Dave H
SirAndy
QUOTE(elmonte @ May 12 2003, 08:58 PM)
Best backyard a 914/6 can have for a sunset drive

i've been up there myself a few times cool_shades.gif
my biz-partner lives in danville. it's only a few minutes from her house to the twisty roads wink.gif

Andy
Mueller
Andy (and everyone else)

There will be a Porsche club Wash'n'Shine on the 25th in Danville.

If I get motivated, I'll wash my 911 and enter it.

Anthony Siino I think won in the 914 class last year !!!!
Jeffs9146
I go up there all the time! Great views and a fun drive if you don't get stuck behind a group of bikes!

Jeff
L8Apex
haha! I'll bring out the 914 to the wash and shine. Hmm... maybe I won't do so bad. Mismatched body panels? Nah, that's part of the racing paint scheme.
Scott Carlberg
Kargeek wrote:
> Calling all those teeners in LA & Orange County... We should someting get a
group together. Or, if your a PCA member, (or not) come out June 1st to the Huntington Beach Concours

.. WOW, there sure is a lot going on down in socal that weekend. The Porsche Owners Club (porscheclub.com) is doing this at Willow Springs:

May 30-June 1
Willow Springs 10th Anniversary - Tribute to LeMans
4 Hour Enduro
Time Trial #4
Cup Races #4
Enduro #3

IF there's Anyone from n. calif going, let's try and get a caravan together!

Sc
'73, why do you ask?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.