Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Root_Werks
Latest Picture of my latest 914 project. Just drove it back from the paint shop yesterday. They did a so-so job. Right behind the front fenders, they block sanded too far down and now you can see where the fiberglass flares are bonded to the car. Ugh. I will get that fixed next spring. For now, I want to get this 914 back on the road so my wife and I can enjoy some PCA events before summer is gone! I will post another more completed picture in a few weeks.
RonD
My creamiscle in Colorado. Recently rescued form storage yard after and now on the road. Last registered in 1988.
Bleyseng
Nice! All you need to find is the little red colored jackhole covers!

Geoff
Gint
Nice Ron. See ya Sunday at Gmund.
ABC914
Here's my baby. Brought brandy-new in 1971. Recently added 3.2l, 996 TT brakes, 9"&10"x18" wheels, full rollcage, Boxster S transmission. Baby goes like snot, stops on a dime, corners on rails and shifts smooth as butter. Did I miss any cliches?

A Dream 914! smile.gif
seanery
abc, don't preview your post and keep pics under 300kb
Root_Werks
Another picture update. The body is close to being put back together. August 20th is getting close and I havent even pulled the engine yet for the 6 swap. I plan on hitting that this weekend if I can get the rest of the body squared away. Part of the hold up is waiting on some parts for a couple other cars I am working on. I have turned away other work so I can finish my car for the next few weeks.
Root_Werks
Oops, pictures....
Root_Werks
One more...
Peter_Hinkle
Both of my girls out at Red Rocks, CO...Peter

http://home.earthlink.net/~drumvudu/curren...ent/both914.jpg

Peter C. Hinkle
drumvudu@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche914
Levi
Hey Peter,
Here ya go, Nice Cars.. smilie_pokal.gif
beerchug.gif
Toast
Is that Summer Yellow? I've dont remeber actually seeing one of those.

I want to go to Red Rocks someday.....
Rusty
IIRC, the color code for Summer Yellow and Sunflower Yellow is the same... the name changed in 75/76.

-Rusty smoke.gif
bfrymire
Here's a picture of my 1973 914-6 conversion.

IPB Image
Andyrew
Looks very clean!!!

wow. nice fiberglass work.
serge914
New look in the front. Thanks to Camp914 for the fog lights and Bill for the bumper pad.
serge914
One more. Now if I could find a way to allign those flippings lights.
Aaron Cox
my car...almost ready for paint.....
Aaron Cox
got azenis????
Aaron Cox
weber 44's, 2.0 euro pistons, cb manifolds and linkage wub.gif
mack914
Aaron-Tell us more about the tires you have on the rear and size.

Mack biggrin.gif
sgomes
I guess I should finally add some of my own pics. She's not as gorgeous as most people's on here but she's mine.

Gotta love the license plate.
sgomes
Hips. Yeah the PO did a great <_< job with the flares....not
sgomes
Some rare gauge options! It's hard to see but the top one is a kind of "fuel" gauge, the middle is Volts (0-140ish) and the bottom is Amps (0-500) baby!
sgomes
This is the Oh Shit! Switch:
sgomes
And lastly... You guys are always talking 1.8L this and 2.0L that... well I couldn't figure out how many liters mine is so just for scale that's 1.0L right next to it....I'm guessing it's about an 8.0L!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
sgomes
How 'bout the pic this time...
nebreitling
Very cool Shannon, thanks for posting. what's your range? how much power to you put out?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mack914 @ Aug 14 2004, 07:06 PM)

Mack biggrin.gif

Falken Azenis 205 50 15 biggrin.gif
seanery
Shannon,
do you worry about using the radio, lights, air blower etc...while driving. Is there enough range/power to do that stuff and not hurt your mileage?
sgomes
Sean - Great question. Actually that stuff doesn't add up too much compared to all the power running to the motor. Let's say I'm running about 20kw to the motor - the 100 watt stereo (yeah right! cool.gif ) doesn't really factor in. Basically I still have a separate 12 volt battery for all the 12volt appliances. It could drive all that stuff by itself. In fact for safety reasons (like running hazard lights and headlights) it's important to have a separate 12volt battery if the traction pack detonates or something. unsure.gif

The 914 is I think by far the best car to convert to electric. The aerodynamics kick ass compared to most current production cars! It has space for all the lead. It's a chick magnet. What else could you want!

The range really really really depends on your driving habbits. Drive like all you auto-x guys and you'd probably get about 30-40 miles. Drive like there is a cop following you.... you can get close to 100 miles. I usually fall somewhere in between. A couple of green light drag races on the way to work followed by some nice highway cruzin and I can get about 60 miles. The weirdest part is being able to take my foot off the go pedal and coast for miles like I have cruise control! (no compression to slow you down!)
Bruce Allert
acox914 Posted on Aug 14 2004, 08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (mack914 @ Aug 14 2004, 07:06 PM)

Mack  

Falken Azenis 205 50 15  

sgomes Posted on Aug 14 2004, 08:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Oh Shit! Switch:

Aaron, are those Falkins sticky... like good enough for AX and street?

Shannon, what's that Oh shit switch do? give ya extra power when yer low?

.......b
JeffBowlsby
So will you bring the car out to the next 914 Breakfast later this month Shannon? We would all like to see it and meet you...we wil be within your range...

Do you know Otmar and have you seen the Pop-E car?
sgomes
Bruce - The OSS is the equivalent of the fuel cut-off switch if things have gone very very wrong. ohmy.gif

Jeff - I'd love to but alas as you can see in the first picture, there is something missing. lol3.gif My tranny is up at HPH getting rebuilt. Also it is very close to my wife's due date! huh.gif Our first child is due somewhere in the next few weeks. smilie_pokal.gif givemebeer.gif We need a ":givingbirth:" smilie... wait um nevermind.... blink.gif

yes, Ottmar and I have met. I admire him greatly.
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Aug 15 2004, 06:12 AM)

The Falkin's are awesome AX tires. I can't tell the difference between my Yokahoma's Advants ($180/each) and my new Falkins ($75/each). Unless you are a pro autocrosser, I would get the Falkins and rack up the seat time.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Aug 15 2004, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Aug 15 2004, 06:12 AM)

The Falkin's are awesome AX tires. I can't tell the difference between my Yokahoma's Advants ($180/each) and my new Falkins ($75/each). Unless you are a pro autocrosser, I would get the Falkins and rack up the seat time.

-Britain

check fender clearance! i can get a finger (.5 - 3/4 inch) in there at MAX neg camber....
Aaron Cox
rear shot
clarkcou
I've been a lurker here for a while. My project has sat un-attended for the last 9 months due to job pressures. Have cut out, cleaned, and welded in the usual places. Painted last year. Now plan to re-start assembly this September. Here is my first try at posting a picture.
seanery
that looks very nice! wub.gif
jd74914
yellow is faster . . . beerchug.gif

nice car, can't wait to see it finished smile.gif
Garland
The 72 day 1
Garland
Day 2
Garland
Day 3
Garland
Day 4 Done for now, vacation over.
seanery
great progress!
thesey914
Wow! Industrious smilie_pokal.gif
Vinson
beer3.gif 73 914
Van914
Sean,
Turn 10 at Putnam. Hope to see you there for the Club Race.
Van
seanery
I'll be there, but not driving.
scooper
Here's my '70 914-6. I spent six years restoring it from a wreck, and installed an '89 3.2 motor.

Stan Cooper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.