Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
mskala
I got a decent shot over the weekend. This car was made
for low-res photos. When you're closer than 15 feet you
can see every dent and paint chip on all the panels.
djm914-6
If you can't repair the damage, get more stickers!

I figure most of the places where stickers are placed will be cut out when installing flares and 'glass parts.
Nemo914
I am new to the site so thought I would toss in my 72 1.7. I restored it about 10 yrs ago. Not perfect, but pretty darn nice. All stock too. Even has the wuss 165 tires.
Andyrew
I cant believe I havent posted any pics! Well I'll just tell you all about my car, because all you guys have gotten is little tidbits.

Well here is where I started out.
http://members.rennlist.com/dan10101/914/Index914.htm

My car has been changed a ton, and it is undergoing alot. I have since the pictures done a whole heck of a lot. Let me name a few. Starting with the inside,
I put in a perfect dash,
I have a like new Momo steering wheel (80 bucks at a swapmeet with hub)
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1053190320.jpg
I am making fiberglass enclosures for my speakers and sub for my sound system, all totally stealth.
I am keeping the factory A/C but modifying it to be stealthy and for my knees (dont like the bulky under look)
I have 5 point black Camlock simpson harnesses. Thus I will be using carpet instead of a backpad.
I will be fiberglassing my seat so that it is more of a race seat and so I can use the harnesses.
I scraped off all the tar on the floorpans and Por 15'd the beautiful floorpans
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&f=2&t=2854&hl=
The rest of the interior will be stock or stock looking. (stealth/race interior..)

The Handling and braking.
I have 5 lug currently installed with polished 16x7 Fuchs(300),
With a complete 5 lug suspension I bought at a swapmeet, I got front 911 M aluminum calipers with a 3.5 in bolt spacing, new pads, new vented rotors, Koni's, the hubs, strut housing, A complete front kit. I also got rear trailing arms and rear vented stock 914 calipers with a spacer, utilizing the stock E brake. All for uhh bout 400 bucks.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&f=2&t=1614&hl=
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&f=2&t=2810&hl=
I also have turbo tie rods installed, a 19mm M/C, a braking 'T' proportioning valve, the works.

The engine is a stock 2.0, I am currently going to do a simple rebuild, and I have all the FI to convert it back to stock FI. I am cleaning it right now and painting everything to be painted.
The body needs a complete repaint, and some minor repairs. I will be using 225's or larger in the rear for flares, So I am going to custom flare my rear fenders, and roll the fronts. I am going to cut a line across the top of the rear fenders, pull the fenders out, and weld in the gap with some sheet metal. The finished product should look like
http://members.rennlist.com/mueller/RearPrimerView.jpg

Well I think thats enough for now. OH WAIT! Let me show you me in action! 1 day after I got my license (a week ago)
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...3&hl=first&st=0

Andrew
grantsfo
IPB Image
jtf914
Good thing you had a passenger. clap56.gif
seanery
YEEE HAAAWW!!

Way to go Grant boldblue.gif !
Brad Roberts
Whoa.. no wonder he started a thread asking about what he needed for the suspension.

B
Jeroen
Duh! I thought only our little Suzuki jeep could do that biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Lawrence
Very nice, Martin. I like a white car with the stripes like that.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Pam
The Bumblebee in various stages of it's most recent resurrection!
Pam
more
Pam
more
Pam
more
Pam
more
Pam
Guess who is freezing, while holding the camera?
ChrisReale
Pam and Rusty,
That is impressive. Especially because it happened in a garage Way to go smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
After all that work and you still drive it in the snow!

Geoff
Lawrence
Cars are meant to be driven.
a2vwnick
I don't think I have posted mine yet: (they aren't the greatest pictures ever)

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Eric Taylor
Finally I can contribute to this thread! 72/1.7 - Brand new clutch smile.gif
Eric
Porsche Rescue
Eric,
Car looks great. I see why you bought it. One week from "no flywheel" to "new clutch" is pretty good. Enjoyed meeting you and your Dad at the PNW meet.
seanery
Nice Lookin' Eric!
Mr.C
Hey Jim I was in Lake Oswego about two months ago and seen this clean red 914 wearing fuchs driving the other direction. driving.gif I felt like chasing the guy down and talk Porsche. Come to find out it was you from what one of the guys over at Pelican told me. Remember I sold you a set of Fuchs last year? LOL What a small world, I drive 12 hours and just happen to see you driving down the road. LOL
boxstr
Eric, good score, car looks really great,hope this one doesn't have a tree magent implanted in the front end.
CABASA,add your location??
CCLINSLEEPWORLDUSA
Eric Taylor
Craig - lol Driving It yesterday was really scarry, all I could think about was who was going to pull out in front of me or what corner I was gona take to fast. I think I'll be a little more causious in this one smile.gif.
Eric
-P-
I havent added mine yet.

71 1.7L (for now). I have had it for a month and have replaced the clutch, fixed an ignition issue that cropped up, and given it an extensive cleaning.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Queenie
I'm too lazy to resize this photo right now (it's too big to upload here), but I did want to share a picture of my car so I put it up in one of my online photo albums. Y'all can see it here if you really want to.
Bleyseng
Nice lookin car, Queenie. What color is that?

Also, since its a 76, whats it VIN number?

Geoff
(shoot Sean, I was just gonna post that!)
Queenie
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 11 2003, 02:32 PM)
Nice lookin car, Queenie. What color is that?

Also, since its a 76, whats it VIN number?

Geoff
(shoot Sean, I was just gonna post that!)

As far as I have been able to determine, the color
is metallic viper green. The paint code on the badge
is L 98 B, which I think I finally tracked down on a list
of VW paint codes. I don't see any evidence of this car
having been repainted. Even if it has, I believe this is a
stock color as I've seen two others just like it.

The VIN is 4762903546.

Thanks to Sean for posting the pic for me!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Queenie @ Aug 11 2003, 02:38 PM)

The VIN is 4762903546.

Shoot getting close to the end with that VIN.

Did it come fully optioned? Seems like most of the ending cars did.

Geoff
Send a pic to Mark as I don't think there is a pic of that color yet.
seanery
Queenie's Car
autoxadict
The $200 Porsche. Finaly got it in a condition to take some pictures.
autoxadict
from the side.....
1974porsche914
Here you go...
My '74 2.0 Liter.

Wheels polished by Al Reed, S/S heat exchangers, 5k miles on rebuilt engine, runs strong, great stereo, and a total Blast to drive! cool.gif
... about ready for new paint.

IPB Image
sj914
Hope this works.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 11 2003, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE(Queenie @ Aug 11 2003, 02:38 PM)

The VIN is 4762903546.

Shoot getting close to the end with that VIN.

Did it come fully optioned? Seems like most of the ending cars did.

Geoff
Send a pic to Mark as I don't think there is a pic of that color yet.

wow, That's only 58 away from mine (4762903604). They might have the same birthday.
Howard
These are from eBay ad taken by po.
Howard
And Interior. Looks terrific here, but up close the racing rash and interiors misses show up.

50/50= from 50 feet @ 50mph it looks great!
John2kx
I've been driving this Renegade v8 conversion for about a year now. It was a pleasure to put together and is a real thrill to drive.

Many of you have helped during by build process and I've lost touch for the past 8 months or so. The car has gone from 4 lug to 5 now with a new set of rubber and a brake upgrade.

The drivetrain has proven to be reliable with about 5000 miles logged to date, and it's about time to install a modern a/c-heater (my next project).
John2kx
On the dyno to determine rear wheel HP and air fuel mixute ratio.
John2kx
Drivetrain ready for installation.
John2kx
A couple of pics of car in the sleeper mode.
John2kx
More sleeper mode
John2kx
exterior only
John2kx
Only in American
John2kx
engine on stand
1974porsche914
Looks like my car... before you switched to the 5 lugs.
How much HP are you getting?
John2kx
Believe it or not, this is what 400HP goes through on a daily basis.
John2kx
Ready to roll
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.