Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
campbellcj
QUOTE(ginter @ Jan 7 2003, 01:53 PM)
Hey Chris

Can I have dibs on the currect /6 air cleaner setup if you sell it off?

Ginter - It's yours, unless the guys at the shop need it for some reason (highly doubtful). I will pick it up in the next week or so and toss it in a box. What does your car have now?

YO JP -- I know you've told us upteen times, but who made those trick cleaner assy's you've got?
Gint
I have K&N's.

Since mine is an orignal six, I'm quietly collecting stock parts that I never got with the car. Future resale value of the car you know. Case I (yeah, right) or anyone I ever sell it to wants to go CW.
dgw
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
My car at the 2002 Wramble.
Gint
Welcome to the board Dennis.
dgw
Thanks!
Brad Roberts
HELP. Muellers car needs air cleaners.. or the OEM. I would like the OEM setup (like the one Chris has).. I dindt know Chris had it.

Hey Dennis. Great to see you. I had no idea you went..

B
campbellcj
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 7 2003, 09:31 PM)
HELP. Muellers car needs air cleaners.. or the OEM. I would like the OEM setup (like the one Chris has).. I dindt know Chris had it.

Hey Dennis. Great to see you. I had no idea you went..

B

I definitely plan to use ITG's, so you & Mueller can fight Ginter for that stock airbox. He has first dibs though
Mueller
Ginter doesn't need the air cleaner smile.gif

What do these things sell for? I've never really priced stock six parts......will a 911 assembly work?

Mueller
Brad Roberts
I searched for over an hour today at HPH for a crossbar and air cleaner. It appears the early 911 air cleaner will work... but I dont know if it is correct or not.

B
olav
Brad,

I read that the 911 air cleaner is a little taller and is a little to large for the 914/6 engine bay.

I have an extra air cleaner assy if you want it.

Olav
Brad Roberts
I thought they where different.. thanks Olav. I dont want you to seperate anything from your stock engine (within reason) The air cleaner is a big deal. I'll find one.

B
campbellcj
FWIW my engine is a factory -6. Type 901/38 (correct 914/6), engine # 6405632. Therefore I figure the air cleaner rig should fit...
Brad Roberts
I dont want to step on Ginter... (who's your buddy ???LOL) Why do you have a stock 6 engine ?? Is that what you are pumping up ??

B
Mueller
Another /6 lives around the corner from me, I'll ask him if he still has his original air-cleaner....I know he is running the seperate air filters right now and has been for many years (this is the first original /6 I ever drove smile.gif )
Brad Roberts
Find out quick before I pull rank on Ginter. LOL I'm sure I have something Chris needs for his car. Sorry Ginter.. just making you feel like one of the guy's.

B
campbellcj
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 7 2003, 10:49 PM)
I dont want to step on Ginter... (who's your buddy ???LOL) Why do you have a stock 6 engine ?? Is that what you are pumping up ??

B

It's not stock -- was built up with 2.2S barrels, pistons and cams. We don't know yet what if anything was done to the crank (CW or not) or heads.
Gint
Bitches. I thought was a parts whore. finger.gif
olav
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 7 2003, 10:20 PM)
I thought they where different.. thanks Olav. I dont want you to seperate anything from your stock engine (within reason) The air cleaner is a big deal. I'll find one.

B

Brad,

I have two, so you can have one.

I hord stuff just in case.

- Olav
campbellcj
Hooray, so Mueller and Ginter both get their air cleaners cool.gif

So Olav, what are we gonna charge these turkeys? ohmy.gif
olav
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 8 2003, 11:07 AM)
So Olav, what are we gonna charge these turkeys? ohmy.gif

I was going to barter with Brad since we're gonna put in a new sway bar next weekend. smile.gif
Mueller
I'd offer to adjust the valves in his 911, but since they are hydralic, I'll have to think of something else, hahaha
Gint
I would have given it up to get Mueller's car on the road, but I'm glad I don't have to.

Chris, lemme know what you need for it and if you're definitely in a position to sell it off.
Mueller
Well Ginter, that was mighty nice of you smile.gif

I don't have to have the aircleaner, it just might make selling it a little easier for the CW crowd, hahaha
Joe Ricard
Spiffed up and ready to go beer.gif
IPB Image
seanery
Here is the one that got me hooked. It's a 76 2.0. I bought it when I was 18 for $3000.
It had rust issues hidden under a pretty white paint job.

I loved it and it truly got me hooked.

-sean
Jenny
Here's mine. This was taken in August in Monterey 1wk before the Monterey historics. Car's gotten new weather seals and fog light grills since then. Hope to put my yokohama's on right after I recover from Christmas expenses. :gilloutine:
Gint
That looks like a pretty nice ride Jenny. Finally.
Bleyseng
Nice looking car especially the color! Looks like you are going into a State Park or something. Good weather for topless driving.
Geoff
vortrex
looks like maybe the entrance to 17 mile drive?
Jenny
17 mile drive in Monterey. It's where Pebble Beach is located. We had a guy in the group Ken Schipper (sp?) that lives there, so the whole pack of 914's got in as "visitors" and didn't have to pay the toll. boldblue.gif

Side note.. It only *looks* like good topless weather. It's overcast as all hell there. I think I was wearing a sweatshirt and had a jacket draped over my legs. The heater didn't even help!
Steve Thacker
My abomination 73' 2.0
Jeroen
Hi ya Steve,

Happy birthday!
beer.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
Steve Thacker
Thank you Jeroen,

I have got to stop having these B-Days ....they are making me old LOL biggrin.gif
DuckRyder
IPB Image

She's not much at the moment, after being stored since about OH 88-89. Soon to return with a fresh D-Jet 2.0 then a return to the factory silver..................... wavey.gif
Gint
I'm bumpin this thread. We've got 140 members now, and I don't see nearly that many different 914 pics.

Did I mention I love :sweet: pictures? Gives me something to ogle at work.

Bring 'em on! boldblue.gif
bhfast
maybe it'll work this time
brian
bhfast
maybe i should make it a little smaller next time?
brian
Gint
Works for me. Thanks Brian.
Brad Roberts
Brian,

Is that rust in the fenderwell ?? SCARY.

B
bhfast
no that's just part of the old under coating gunk, i have completely stripped most of the car and used POR-15 coating
brian
HotRod
I'm new here and am impressed with the number of beautiful 9145s. Here's a pic of my old car (92) .
HotRod
and here's my current one (91) with the repainted 92 right behind me.
914Timo
Nice pics and 914s, I have to say. But most I love Craig Laughlin´s garage floor. That is something !!!!

Here is mine with f/g bumpers and spoiler. The rims are now old and unpainted 6x15 Fuchs, but I hope to get my new 7x16 BBSs under the car next summer.

IPB Image
hars914
I am having a very hard time trying to post my
car.I have tried everything.
What's my problem???????????????
Porsche Rescue
Here are parts of 3 of the little devils. I have one more not show. The one on the lower left is a '74 with 30,200 total miles (my favorite). The "stacked" pair are for sale.
jonwatts
Mine's a little un-done. Here's a partial shot.

IPB Image

Jon
scottb
I want a lift like that in my garage!!!!!!!
Jenny
Yikes Jon! ohmy.gif What in the world are you doing to your poor car? Looks like you've got a silver car and you rubbed the interior with AJAX.

Seriously, I have to admire you guys that take your car totally apart like that. If I ever did that, I don't think I'd have the motivation to put it back together.
Bleyseng
Jenny, thats how all those "rust free" California cars get to be "rust free", they sand it all off!
Looks like a lot of work to me, Jon.....

Geoff
Part Pricer
OK, I'll play. Here is my 1974 original, bone-stock survivor. Currently enjoying some "spa-treatment" to rezitalize the old girl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.