Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
jfort
someone asked for pictures. here goes:
jfort
another picture:
Brad Roberts
Hey hey.. looks like Jfort bought the grey 6.

Cool.

B
Gint
Hey! That is it isn't it? No front side markers. It's a nice looking car.
boxstr
Jfort, Is it on it's way yet?? Or still in Troutdale?
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
jfort
I am sure you guys know the car. Formerly Jim Chamber's. It's being shipped to Ohio now. Can't wait. Was hoping to go to a PCA event this w.e. but it probably won't be here in time.
Britain Smith
Hey jfort,

Can you give me some details on the carbon fiber looking dash peices you have going on there. I want to do something similar in my 912. Do you have any close up pics?

-Britain
boxstr
Jim copied my carbon fiber dash insert. It is a piece of carbon fiber that I set a template of the 914 insert over and then traced and cut out with a saw and Dremel tool. I would show you mine but I sold that car. The carbon fiber is availble at TAP plastics and runs about $85 .
CCLINCARBONCAMP914
Britain Smith
All I see on that website is some Standard Carbon Twill • 284. Was the material you used stiff before you cut it, it sounds like it. Can you point me to where this is on there site?

-Britain

http://www.tapplastics.com/
Britain Smith
http://www.tapplastics.com/fiberglass/fibe...rbon_fiber.html

I think this is it...

-Britain
boxstr
Exactly what it looks like but you are correct. It is a stiif or hard sheet of the carbon fiber 3'x3'. You may want to call the TAP plastics store nearest you to see if they have it in stock.
CCLINTAPLAND
Porsche Rescue
JFort, this group is not clairvoyant. Boxter is a friend, neighbor and fellow 914 nut. He knows the gray six very well. Helped me push it into the garage when I brought it home in pieces. JP Stein knows the car as well. The others have only seen pictures. I know you are going to enjoy it. Glad to see you on this forum.

As Boxter said, I did copy his idea and used his left over material. I cut it easily with a pair of scissors. Real easy to work with. The dash on the gray six is 2 pieces, split at the column. Glued to the dash (after removing old vinyl and metal backing) with contact cement.
#1RAGE
I just got my first car/first Porsche about two weeks ago. boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

I love it but I have been doing far more driving than picture taking. I haven't stopped at a really nice location for a photo shoot yet but the other day I came across a 944 so took some pictures of the two cars.

My car is a 1974 1.8L. Original paint was orange.
Curvie Roadlover
Very nice car, #1RAGE. Welcome to the brotherhood. wavey.gif
boxstr
A new addition to the garage.74 2.0
CCLINGARAGELIFE
Joseph Mills
Dang! I thought I posted mine earlier. Better late than never! Looks good about twenty feet away biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Hey Boxter,

That looks like a real nice addition!

Here's my others I keep out behind the house laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
How'd the 911 get in there? Better check the fence.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(jim9146 @ May 14 2003, 09:44 PM)
How'd the 911 get in there? Better check the fence.

LMAO!
Eddie Williams
I bought my CF sheet from http://www.wccomposites.com/ Does anyone have a template? My car currently has no dash to use as a template. Thanks.
scottb
question....

has anyone thought of putting the carbon fibre on the really cracked portion of the upper dash? mine is a mess but covered by a carpet dash cover. i wonder if i could put the carbon fibre on as a funky change that might look ok...

am i on to something of just on something? blink.gif
boxstr
New addition to the fleet. 74 1.8 with lots of goodies added by the PO. 5 lug conversion,new rotor braided lines, 19 mm master cyl. rebuilt rear calipers,real Fuchs, alloy lug nuts, Pirelli P600 tires,F&R KYB shox, perfect interior, center console,dual OEM outside mirrors,MOMO Apache steering wheel and a big amp Blaupunkt stereo. Nice car may keep this one.
CCLINFLEETLAND
boxstr
another
Gint
Nice looking car Craig.
seanery
from Porsche's website

IPB Image
scotty
Craig! Nice 1.8... good color... looks kinda familiar, too....

My current car:
scotty
The first car I ever bought (Me in 1978). I only spent 6 months 914-less after selling this one ('75 1.8...hated getting it smogged & would've had to put THERMAL REACTORS and CIS on the 2.7 to comply with Oregon DEQ....don't gotta do that with the '74! WHEEEEEE!)

Now to lurk some more.
Downunderman
914/6 2.7 Downunder
seanery
VERY NICE Howard!

You may be our first Aussie!
ChrisReale
You made it Howard! Welcome. I still get the chills when I see pics of your car. It is along the lines of what I want to do with mine at some point. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Howard R @ May 31 2003, 01:35 PM)
914/6 2.7 Downunder

hey howard,
you're driving on the wrong side of the road!!!

aren't you supposed to be in the left lane? laugh.gif

Andy
Downunderman
Hi guys,

I've always driven on the left!! except for one interesting excursion onto the LA freeway one Sunday morning after a 13 hour flight. Was probably the best time to try it. The event I was competing in had the roads closed so it didn't matter which side you were on, although quite a few people speared off into the scenery.

How
Downunderman
Here's another you might like. It was in fact daylight, but a bit wet and gloomy
Brad Roberts
WELCOME Howard !!

Great car and great shots. If you cant tell.. we love pics on this BBS.

Do you know other "Aussie" 914 owners that could join the board..or do you have a "Aussie 914 BBS" where every one visits ?

B
Downunderman
Brad,

Nothing formal re BBS. A bloke in Melbourne runs the 914 Register in Oz and knows where most of the cars are. I know of a dozen or so, but not many other sixes.

How
ninefourteener
Just thought I'd ad my car on to the list of many. Not the greatest, but not the worst either...but I'm happy with it.

1972, Willow Green, 2.0L (not original engine), dual carbs, descent cam, oversized valves. Engine, Tranny (tailshifter), entire suspension, brakes, carpet, and tires are all less than 2000 miles.

Brown interior, Center console, no rust....ever. (the best part)
72Signal914
I guess I'll throw mine into the bunch. I thought I already posted it up here but I guess not. Not the best picture quality (35mm is GREAT!!!! <_< ). I know Karl's seen it and that's about it.

1972 2.0L Signal Orange
IPB Image
abm914
Hi all, thought I'd post mine up - 1971 1.7l with 5 stud mahles - car original from California, now in London.

IPB Image

Adam biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Nice lookin car with the Mahles and are those clear front lenses?
Geoff
ninefourteener
WOW.... I just caught the lenses..... where did you get those? I like those!! aktion035.gif
Bruce Allert
Highlite of my 914 ownership and newest picture wink.gif
bruce
Bleyseng
That is a nicer picture than your avatar!

Geoff
seanery
much, much nicer wub.gif
Bruce Allert
I think so too. Guess I'm off vacation and can let the friendly hawaiian native go home!
bruce biggrin.gif
ChrisReale
Cool Bruce! Can I get an autographed, framed copy? clap56.gif
serge914
I finaly got some picture of my new car. I got it 2 month ago from SC. It is a 73 2.0L with webers. I will use it mostly for driving events and slaloms.
Aaron Cox
hey bruce, looks like you need some new bumper rubber! cool.gif
Bruce Allert
I'd thought the same thing and then I read somewhere that the bumps are inevitable. Eventually (if you build it) cool.gif they will come

and come again...... so I just left em rolleyes.gif
they feel good when you rub lightly!!! laugh.gif
bruce
elmonte
Just to get replies up to an even 500 beerchug.gif
I will post again. got new tires yoko AVS ES 100
can't seem to get the rear to pitch out like i could before clap56.gif
Sticks like glue!!!!
tat2dphreak
Hi, new to the forum I have 2 '72s the pic below is the body that will be used.. the other is mostly a donor now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.