Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Chuck
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2007, 03:59 AM) *

Hey,

Got some more pictures of your car? Love the black flares w/the spoiler.
Fabertooth
My '70 914/4! I bought it at Carlisle about a year ago. The guy said it had a lil' rust. I guess he was talking about wat you can see 30 ft away. I was gonna have a shop do the repairs, but after seeing that 14 year old finish his, it's time to sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

It's a lil' dirty
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
majkos
WHOO-HOO! welcome.png

So Kool to see GREEN cars!
'CAUSE GREEN IS KOOL!
I love that porsche color, Irish green!
BahnBrenner914
My 916/4 as I call it (still runs like junk if you ask me)
ScooterD
After 8 months of disassembly, cleaning, lubricating, rebuilding and restoring I finally have my car running like new again. It has the factory paint and interior and is mostly original with a few obvious exceptions. Just in time for the West Coast Ramble!

driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AZ914
Beautiful car, ScooterD!
Ferg
WOW ScooterD drooley.gif

More details!

Ferg
ScooterD
Thanks Ferg!

This is the third 914 I have owned and probably the cleanest. It has less than 32K miles on it and I have essentially taken everything apart to either clean it or lubricate it. 33 year old grease gets a little stiff. The right rear brake was dragging, so I took all of the calipers apart and replated and rebuilt them (bleed your brakes often). I removed the front and rear suspension to clean, inspect and lubricate everything, all of the paint on the suspension is still in amazing shape. I took the motor out to clean up the battery tray area. I took the motor apart and put a Raby 9950 cam and valve train set up, stainless steel valves, 8.3 to 1 compression, Euro pistons and powder painted the sheetmetal. I put on some adjustable Koni's and lowered it so I can do some autocrossing , it handles great.
Here are some more pics.
ScooterD

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
DrifterJay
Alright, its been a couple of years....she is still royally ugly....

72 914

75,000 miles

Renegade Hybrids early V8 conversion kit
350 SBC 300+ hp

Sideshift conversion, with tranny gone over by THOMAS thumb3d.gif

Craptacular 71 911 T front suspension with beautiful blown shocks and worn balljoints...

Turbo Tie rods, rack spacer...yada yada...

Rebuilt M calipers all the way around on vented rotors....deleted my e-brake...

Eric Shea 5 lug conversion rear trailing arms...

Engman: inner long kit, hell hole kit, fuse panel, and other stuff from him.

15x7 and 6 fake fuchs on 205 early falken azenis

Stainless fuel lines ran through the tunnel, new cables, yada yada.

4 point harnesses Sabelt and Deist, Sun Pro gauges (or is it guages...brain fart) with a V8 converted tach. Interior Por15ed in battleship gray.

Body painted in the finest Krylon Satin black from Aces hardware...that was on sale for 2.99 a can stromberg.gif

Thats it....
DrifterJay
yup
DrifterJay
yup yup
DrifterJay
vertical action! yo yo!
customstarr
Some pics from the garage... yes, I'm a lucky boy - this is the garage I wrench on the teener in.

Click to view attachment
customstarr
Another with my bro Chris working his Type IV magic.

Click to view attachment
rjames
WOW! N I C E car! smilie_pokal.gif
majkos
Dam! Garage is nice as the car! D aktion035.gif am nice!
PeeGreen 914
Wow. That is a very nice car. I too get to work in a rather nice garage. I'll post pics of my car in a few. Not as nice as yours, but I like it.
PeeGreen 914
Here is my little 914-6. It it a '74 turned into this.
70-SIXER
Click to view attachment

New here, so I thought I would throw in a couple of pice of my 70, 914-6.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(70-SIXER @ Jun 14 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment

New here, so I thought I would throw in a couple of pice of my 70, 914-6.

WOW drooley.gif ! Is she really that pretty or are you just good at photography? biggrin.gif Also, clear lenses... Italian 914?

cool_shades.gif
70-SIXER
I wish I was a good photographer, or even good with photoshop, but alas I have to make up for it with a nice subject instead! She looks good in person as well, and yes those are "Italian Jobs".
PanelBilly
Very nice car! Is this how it looked when you bought it?
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif That car looks very nice. drooley.gif
70-SIXER
It looked close to this when I bought it. Since i bought it I put on new pilot fog loights, Hella H-4 head lights, some misc. interior parts, and a fiberglass 8" sub enclosure where the foam goes in the pasanger footwell so it doesn't take up any space, and you can't tell it's in the car. Other than that, I would say it's a 95 out of 100 for shape and looks (to me) like 115 out of 100!
Greg808
aktion035.gif

What is the VIN #. thumb3d.gif
Johny Blackstain
My oldest photo of the LE... summer of 1975.

cool_shades.gif
tom9146
Here's my six conversion 2.2l crossdrilled 911 brakes m calipers 1972
JC 914
Here's the before pic. Going to paint next week!!
orange914
QUOTE(70-SIXER @ Jun 15 2007, 08:43 AM) *

It looked close to this when I bought it. Since i bought it I put on new pilot fog loights, Hella H-4 head lights, some misc. interior parts, and a fiberglass 8" sub enclosure where the foam goes in the pasanger footwell so it doesn't take up any space, and you can't tell it's in the car. Other than that, I would say it's a 95 out of 100 for shape and looks (to me) like 115 out of 100!

very nice wheel fit, any rub
JC 914
Click to view attachmentLet's try this again!
SirAndy
QUOTE(tom9146 @ Jun 21 2007, 01:30 PM) *

Here's my six conversion 2.2l crossdrilled 911 brakes m calipers 1972

nice! smilie_pokal.gif

is that a real bumblebee ??
idea.gif Andy
ScooterD
A COUPLE PICTURES FROM DOWN UNDER.
I was adjusting the valves and changing the oil so I thought I would get some pics. 32K miles with the original paint above and below and no undercoating!
Isn't she purdy?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

type47fan

VERY NICE, but. . . . where's your rear swaybar?

Thanks for sharing.
majkos
Another mountain run tomorrow in Colorado
70-SIXER
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 21 2007, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(70-SIXER @ Jun 15 2007, 08:43 AM) *

very nice wheel fit, any rub

No rubbing at all, mostly due to the fact that theres not much suspension there any more!
Snafu
70-sixer... can post some interior pics? I'd like to see your speaker set up...

customstarr
QUOTE(ScooterD @ Jun 22 2007, 07:30 PM) *

I was adjusting the valves and changing the oil so I thought I would get some pics. 32K miles with the original paint above and below and no undercoating!
Isn't she purdy?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This car is badass. I envy you.
70-SIXER
QUOTE(Snafu @ Jun 25 2007, 04:41 PM) *

70-sixer... can post some interior pics? I'd like to see your speaker set up...

stevesc_us
QUOTE(customstarr @ Jun 25 2007, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ScooterD @ Jun 22 2007, 07:30 PM) *

Isn't she purdy?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This car is badass. I envy you.

Had the opportunity to meet Scott and see his car last Saturday. It is incredibly clean. Through Scott's determination, which included flying across country to look at potential cars to buy, he finally found one that met his high standards in San Diego.

With only 32k original miles the car was nice to begin with, but Scott then proceeded to take it to the next level, which included rebuilding the motor to exacting tolerances himself. His many years of experience rebuilding these motors when he was younger saved him a ton of money especially considering it was rebuilt to blueprinting standards.

Chris Pincetich
Scott - WOW those pics were more than I saw at the WCR. Purdy!
FYI - I just returned from a PCA AX in Marina, very smooth concrete, no dust and rocks, . Definitely check it out if you still want to AX.

Where did you get those jack stand/donut adaptors??? I need some of those!

beerchug.gif
ScooterD
Chris,
Good to hear from you, thanks for the compliment on the pics and for the heads up on the smooth concrete at Marina, I will have to check it out.

As for the jack stand donut adapters, I made them. They pivot on a 1/4-20 cap screw at the base and have a post that nests inside the donut hole. It actually pivots as you raise the other end of the car and the post always stays square to the donut hole. No chance of the car slipping off the jack stand. They did take a long time to make because of the amount of material that needed to be removed.
They do work really well and give me a sense of security and cause no damage to the car. If you want I can send you some pics of my stands and the adapters if you want, send me a PM. thumb3d.gif
Scott

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 3 2007, 04:49 PM) *

Scott - WOW those pics were more than I saw at the WCR. Purdy!
FYI - I just returned from a PCA AX in Marina, very smooth concrete, no dust and rocks, . Definitely check it out if you still want to AX.

Where did you get those jack stand/donut adaptors??? I need some of those!

beerchug.gif

JmuRiz
Yes, post pictures of those adapters. If we can't have a car as clean as yours we might as well have jack-stand adapters as cool wink.gif
slim72914
paid $900 for the car. doesnt run. odomoeter says 9906 miles. the guy I got it from insisted it is original milage. Hasnt been registered since '86. This is the car that was on ebay last week with no pics or info.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mikeyboy_85
here is my 72 914...
mikeyboy_85
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Jul 9 2007, 12:46 AM) *

here is my 72 914...

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Jul 9 2007, 04:49 AM) *

Nice! Is that a six? Steering & dash on the right? Wow! Never saw a right hand drive teener before- I want one biggrin.gif. thumb3d.gif

cool_shades.gif
mikeyboy_85
nah its just a 914. being converted top RHD! not the best job that i have ever seen but its a great job still!!! the car looks great! I love it but im having trouble with the linkage..... its really annoyinh
carr914
Does This Count?
Lavanaut
Here's my 1974 2.0 wub.gif Just wish the sun had been out when I took the pic.

Click to view attachment
GrayMatter
Here's my teener =)
IPB Image

and a couple of pics from when we removed the engine recently

IPB Image
IPB Image

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.