Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
1stworks
Red Rocks?

Close by there.
Porsche930dude
snowbound
IPB Image
IPB Image
DMCF1Fast
74 2.0 warming itself in the sun. Can't wait for spring
Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
biggrin.gif
Mike Fitton
This is my '74 2.0 in Alaska Blue Metallic, it will be for sale in early spring, stay tuned!

Click to view attachment
myleshyeclothing
has anyone ever seen this car at a track? I am trying to get as much history on this car. It was purchased on Long Island NY, so it was raced last at Lime Rock or Watkins.... It has a 2.8 RS engine with mechanical injection ext.

IPB Image
myleshyeclothing
Has anyone ever seen this car in the North East racing? I bought this car and I am trying to find out more history of this 1974 914-6 GT. It has a 2.8 RS engine with mechanical fuel injection, it was built from 2.4 911 T engine. any one know any history let me know and thank.
myleshyeclothing
another picture
914_3.0
QUOTE(71-914flat6 @ Dec 18 2013, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(SHREK914 @ May 10 2013, 04:42 PM) *

My 1974 2.0, bought in Redwood City, Ca. Sat in a garage since 1990, now it's back in action! Anybody else live in Santa Cruz and own a 914, 914's?

Hi, I live in Corralitos & have a green 1971-6 that I have completely restored. I, too ,love Porsches & this is our 2nd 914 & have had other models years ago. Maybe we will see one another on the road! Steve

I live over by Prunedale, and just purchased this '74 6-conversion in December. My first foray into air-cooled after owning first a 2000 Boxster, and then a 2000 Cab. I was autocrossing the Cab, and this became available through a club member. The purchase was over a year in the making, so it must be right.

Presenting.... Nina! The car had been a GGR TT car for most of it's life. After the 3.0 from a '78 SC donor was installed in early 90's, fulfilling the owner's dream, it was never tracked again and barely driven due to illness. She's back in action, and ready to pick up where she left off. I'm hoping to round off a couple of the rough edges, and enjoy her as much as possible! She offers me a lot that the cab didn't, but my wife is still not entirely elated with the change. No more fretting over handing things over to a valet though!

And yes, even though both do have some vestiges of attitude, Garfield and the IMSA spoiler will be gone very soon. Looks like a fun bunch in here! Bring your real 6 over to Marina for the AX this summer, the FAA is kicking us out after this season. Other club members would love to see your car!

Cheers,

Todd

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
nerdfromnewton
Here's my 72 1.7. 20 year old restoration still looks good!

Click to view attachment
Durus
My brother and I at Newport Beach OR ..... 3 weeks ago!Click to view attachment
mtn flyr
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Feb 27 2014, 05:12 PM) *

Looks like my buddys house in Belgrade... skiing at Bridger must be epic! aktion035.gif
LRdriver
Greetings from the UK,

just to say hello and thanks for all the good info on here, i would like to show you my 914 project:

Some of you may remember this car:
IPB Image

this was bought by a guy in the UK and imported over few years ago. He had to sell it on and I happened to be looking for 914/6 Gt replication-wannabe-project.
This was a solid chassis that also happened to be orange originally and came with the requisite 6 pot engine already installed smile.gif.
2.0ltr 1969 with 2.2 barrels/webers/S cams...
IPB Image

we got started, and did the metalwork, with steel GT arches
IPB Image

Front oil cooler scoop cut and ready for install

added GT hoods of fiberglass with balsa inserts, along with fibreglass bumpers, and side valences

IPB Image

then commenced to lay down some paint drooley.gif
original Nepal Orange.. looks awesome in life..
IPB Image

this meant the livery was a no-brainer:

our Livery-guy stole a 1:43 model of a certain race car and commenced to reproduce that scheme:
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

Also added was GT style headlight manual release cables, thus elimnating the motors

GT style grill.. with raincovers
IPB Image

Engine bay to be sorted.. it was modified by the US builder so an Aluminum bootfloor will be made to shroud engine and its tin ware..
IPB Image

Interior is also to come, with GT doorcards and recovered original 914 seats (redone in Perlon) so its a bit messy in here:
IPB Image

The engine was only running on 5 when it arrived, so I am looking at minor rebuild on that.. potentially with higher compression pistons and different cam... the plan is to get 170-180.. so similiar to the rally spec 914/6GT cars

hope you enjoy some of the pictures of what we have done so far! i will update later when get finished with the car... its currently being converted to proper 5 lug front end
instead of 914/4 with 5lug adaptors. Bilstein Sport dampers and rally springs from mittelmotor in germany means it will be a proper 911- slayer happy11.gif

OmaPossu
Wow, that looks really good! Like to hear that engine sound when done!
achman_73_2.0
Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself.

This past November, I was lucky enough to purchase the car being discussed in this thread. I know own Les Mengle's (shulew3) pride and joy, his 1973 914-2.0.

I had been looking for a quality 914 for many years. I had sold my turbo Miata and began looking seriously in the Spring of last year, and couldn't really find anything suitable. I was looking for a rust-free, original car in excellent mechanical condition.

This car showed up on Ebay, and for some reason, garnered no bids. I talked to the owner, who lived in NC, extensively about the car. He owns a '73 914 2.0 that he restored from the ground up, and 5 other cars, so he really understood 914s and also what I was looking for, and my concerns.

I was able to negotiate a purchase price for the car, and bought it sight unseen (broke my #1 rule) and had the car shipped to NYC (Queens, actually).

The car arrived 4 days later, and I have found it to be everything the seller said, and more. The car is extremely reliable, rust-free, powerful, great-handling, and just a really solid, great running car.

I have read many of Lew's old threads on 914world.com, in an effort to learn everything I can about the car. The stack of receipts were included with the car--Lew definitely spared no expense maintaining his baby, and I can certainly appreciate it. At first, I thought maybe the car was a lemon, as many of the receipts are for multiple fixes of the same problem, but I have come to the conclusion that maybe Lew was not very into the mechanics of the car, and that he would rather just drop it off and pick it up when it was finished. Lew just wanted to drive it!

Anyway, since I got it in November, chances to drive it in this horrible NYC winter have been very limited. Before it got cold, though, I drove it to CT and NJ and to the local CandC, where it was (of course) the only one, and drew great attention.

Coming from a Miata, I enjoy the wonderful mid-engine handling, and while my turbo Miata had 245whp and this car certainly does not, I find it just as fun to drive, maybe even more. Sort of like a non-turbo Miata which handles slightly better and gets way more attention. The gear shift, however, is obviously not on the same level. I have learned to be patient and now it and I are friends. I find that shifting into first right before I come to a rolling stop works best, if not, it is hard to get it into first gear at a stop--anyone have any advice on a fix?

I am quite experienced in old cars, and this 914 will have company in my garage with a fellow countryman--although, the form factor is about as different as you can get--the 914 being a two-seat, targa-topped, mid-engined, 2.0 litre air-cooled flat four, while its garage-mate is a 1973 BMW 2002Tii is a two-door, 4 seater, 2.0 litre inline four. Both are similar in spirit!

Anyway, I look forward to being the next steward of this great car. Actually, I found a snapshot of Lew and his car, in the late '70's probably, and I keep it in the car to remind me how lucky I am to have the car, and to keep the memory of Lew bombing the mountains alive. I never met Lew, but I feel I know him through this car.
Big Len
QUOTE(achman_73_2.0 @ Mar 11 2014, 01:00 PM) *

This past November, I was lucky enough to purchase the car being discussed in this thread. I know own Les Mengle's (shulew3) pride and joy, his 1973 914-2.0.

I had been looking for a quality 914 for many years. I had sold my turbo Miata and began looking seriously in the Spring of last year, and couldn't really find anything suitable. I was looking for a rust-free, original car in excellent mechanical condition.

This car showed up on Ebay, and for some reason, garnered no bids. I talked to the owner, who lived in NC, extensively about the car. He owns a '73 914 2.0 that he restored from the ground up, and 5 other cars, so he really understood 914s and also what I was looking for, and my concerns.

I was able to negotiate a purchase price for the car, and bought it sight unseen (broke my #1 rule) and had the car shipped to NYC (Queens, actually).

The car arrived 4 days later, and I have found it to be everything the seller said, and more. The car is extremely reliable, rust-free, powerful, great-handling, and just a really solid, great running car.

I have read many of Lew's old threads on 914world.com, in an effort to learn everything I can about the car. The stack of receipts were included with the car--Lew definitely spared no expense maintaining his baby, and I can certainly appreciate it. At first, I thought maybe the car was a lemon, as many of the receipts are for multiple fixes of the same problem, but I have come to the conclusion that maybe Lew was not very into the mechanics of the car, and that he would rather just drop it off and pick it up when it was finished. Lew just wanted to drive it!

Anyway, since I got it in November, chances to drive it in this horrible NYC winter have been very limited. Before it got cold, though, I drove it to CT and NJ and to the local CandC, where it was (of course) the only one, and drew great attention.

Coming from a Miata, I enjoy the wonderful mid-engine handling, and while my turbo Miata had 245whp and this car certainly does not, I find it just as fun to drive, maybe even more. Sort of like a non-turbo Miata which handles slightly better and gets way more attention. The gear shift, however, is obviously not on the same level. I have learned to be patient and now it and I are friends. I find that shifting into first right before I come to a rolling stop works best, if not, it is hard to get it into first gear at a stop--anyone have any advice on a fix?

I am quite experienced in old cars, and this 914 will have company in my garage with a fellow countryman--although, the form factor is about as different as you can get--the 914 being a two-seat, targa-topped, mid-engined, 2.0 litre air-cooled flat four, while its garage-mate is a 1973 BMW 2002Tii is a two-door, 4 seater, 2.0 litre inline four. Both are similar in spirit!

Anyway, I look forward to being the next steward of this great car. Actually, I found a snapshot of Lew and his car, in the late '70's probably, and I keep it in the car to remind me how lucky I am to have the car, and to keep the memory of Lew bombing the mountains alive. I never met Lew, but I feel I know him through this car.

welcome.png And nice car. Is your name Brian? Thought I met a new guy with a newly purchased silver 73 at a Cars and Croissants. I think he lived in Queens.
A number of us are headed to Hershey next month. There's a thread in the garage forum. Happy to meet you there.
Johny Blackstain
Washed the LE today & drove her biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
Inside shot, with the engine running (note tach & temp)
Johny Blackstain
Yet another...
achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 11 2014, 03:05 PM) *

welcome.png And nice car. Is your name Brian? Thought I met a new guy with a newly purchased silver 73 at a Cars and Croissants. I think he lived in Queens.
A number of us are headed to Hershey next month. There's a thread in the garage forum. Happy to meet you there.

Brian, yes, that's me! You had the lovely restored 914 at CandC that day. Hope to meet up with you at/during the Hershey meet.
Brian
raw1298
QUOTE(Durus @ Feb 27 2014, 05:00 PM) *

My brother and I at Newport Beach OR ..... 3 weeks ago!Click to view attachment

Love that area, my wifes grand mother lives by Haystack rock. Beautiful beach.
jim_hoyland
One of my favorite pics take at one of Joe Sharp's Bqr-B-Ques in Huntington Beach before he moved to Florida.

Two 1975's in original colors; mine is copper, Tim Chinen's ( 914pwr) is the green car.
Cody914
I attended a DE event at Eagles Canyon Raceway last week and photographer got a great shot of my car that I thought was worthy of sharing in this thread. It's a nice 914 profile shot, and I really like how it shows motion. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Big Len
Excellent pic, one for your wall.
bulitt
QUOTE(achman_73_2.0 @ Mar 12 2014, 12:35 PM) *

Brian, yes, that's me! You had the lovely restored 914 at CandC that day. Hope to meet up with you at/during the Hershey meet.
Brian

Brian- do you know 914itis (Paul)? He lives in Queens and is going to Hershey.
mapguy
Hi all,

I just recently acquired a '74 2.0. It was originally Zambezi, but the PO had it painted white. He didn't replace the sail panels, as you can see. He did do me the favor of leaving the trim there though, which was nice of him as I plan to put them back.

I got a deal on it because he hardly drove (or maintained!) it for a long time before I got it. It needs some love. I just got back from the garage where all shifter bushings were replaced and the speedo drive and gear selector re-sealed. Of course, the gearbox got fresh fluid, too. It was a good place to stop, but tomorrow I'm replacing all the vacuum lines and doing an overall tune-up on the engine. I also have loose front wheel bearings, so will pack and replace those. It should be good to go after that.

I'll try to be active in the forums and post more pics when I can remember to take them. I should have taken a pic of the underside of the transmission. I guess he had a cat that liked gear oil, as the usual mess of oily grime (leaks I just re-sealed) had cat hair woven into it to make like an air-cooled adobe. It was pretty easy to take off with a plastic scraper, but there was an amazing amount of it. I must say, it did a great job of preserving all the stuff on the underside. I'm amazed at how much of the car is original. It has the sardine can clamp on the shifter dust cover, and all rubber boots are pristine under all the goo and cat hair.

Can't wait to drive it again! driving.gif

IPB Image
sashabigdeal
my six

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(sashabigdeal @ Mar 22 2014, 11:47 PM) *

my six

welcome.png thumb3d.gif
LaneS
Here's a pic of my brothers 1974 2.0 next to a 2012 Cayman R.
IPB Image
Big Len
Look how tiny it is compared to the Cayman!!! Looks like a skateboard.

The Cayman is friggen beautiful.
euro911
Ah, it's just the perspective. You need to park the 914 in front to make it look right laugh.gif
iamchappy
Been awhile since i posted my car....
Justinp71
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 31 2014, 09:01 AM) *

Been awhile since i posted my car....

Looking good! What size wheels/tires are you running?
iamchappy
9 x16 back 8 x16 front. 245/45/16 and 225/50/16's
bsamx56
Hi..I just acquired this racecar, does anyone recognize this type of rear flair? Its metal and looks like the flairs on the Ginther cars to me. The rear flair is very soft and natural and I like it better than the GT style but that is just my humble opinion. I do not know if this car was ever a street car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It was built in 1969. Please chime in if anyone recognizes the car or knows anything about its history. The engine is amazing and built with 906 parts. Been in California its life, I think. Should be fast and fun...Thanks
Rick

Click to view attachment
eric9144
After years of thinking I didn't have one, I found a pic of my 1st car circa 1990ish...the 914 that started it all for me piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 22 2014, 04:49 PM) *

QUOTE(achman_73_2.0 @ Mar 12 2014, 12:35 PM) *

Brian

Brian- do you know 914itis (Paul)? He lives in Queens and is going to Hershey.

I'm going too! Talked to Paul also...
914pwr
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 17 2014, 06:34 AM) *

One of my favorite pics take at one of Joe Sharp's Bqr-B-Ques in Huntington Beach before he moved to Florida.

Two 1975's in original colors; mine is copper, Tim Chinen's ( 914pwr) is the green car.

Here's another picture of mine. Purchased by my dad new and still in the family.Click to view attachment
euro911
Nice color. Rare.
euro911
QUOTE(bsamx56 @ Apr 6 2014, 05:57 PM) *
Hi..I just acquired this racecar, does anyone recognize this type of rear flair? Its metal and looks like the flairs on the Ginther cars to me. The rear flair is very soft and natural and I like it better than the GT style but that is just my humble opinion. I do not know if this car was ever a street car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It was built in 1969. Please chime in if anyone recognizes the car or knows anything about its history. The engine is amazing and built with 906 parts. Been in California its life, I think. Should be fast and fun...Thanks
Rick

Click to view attachment
Check the VIN database. Click here for more info. Add your VIN and any pertinent info.
VG-914
It's getting there... My '75 914 1.8

Purchased in Southern Cal, changed all gaskets, door panels, stripped | de-rippled | painted (original color, believe it or not) | running when I got it, but not since I painted in the booth - oops)

Still to finish, but have all the parts:
New seat covers and carpet | newly rebuilt factory radio (using concealed antenna) | some wiring replacement | and... find out why its not running!

It's deffinitely a labor of love.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Hartmann @ Aug 27 2005, 05:32 PM) *

My 1975 2.0 "DEFRAZZLE" 914

That's the best looking RED 914 Ive ever seen. Is that a stock color? What is it called?

smilie_flagge6.gif

M.i.M.
KENNY
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 20 2014, 06:45 AM) *

That's the best looking RED 914 Ive ever seen. Is that a stock color? What is it called?

smilie_flagge6.gif

M.i.M.

Is call copper metallic
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 20 2014, 10:45 AM) *

smilie_flagge6.gif

M.i.M.

beer.gif agree.gif
Kirmizi
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 20 2014, 06:45 AM) *

smilie_flagge6.gif

M.i.M.

I'm guessing Malaga red L30C biggrin.gif
Durus
My 74 2.0 in the middle of a grass field in Idaho
euro911
Kind of like living in your own private Idaho, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/2n_Tg8iHwZ8

shades.gif
Durus
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 21 2014, 09:06 PM) *

Kind of like living in your own private Idaho, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/2n_Tg8iHwZ8

shades.gif

av-943.gif ....that song basically sums it up!
mettelman
QUOTE(Durus @ Apr 21 2014, 11:03 PM) *

My 74 2.0 in the middle of a grass field in Idaho

Outstanding in it's field smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.