Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
tat2dphreak
great car man!! welcome to the club!!

smilie_flagge6.gif
seanery
I agree with Wayne. It's done very well. The stance is right, color is sweet, wheels look great. Even the stripes look good.

Nice Job!
I know it needs to be lowered, but here is the latest evolution on my 73...
here it is headed down the chute at Summit Point here on the east coast, a nice right hand, down hill, 90 mph-ish dive bomb into a left hand hairpin smile.gif
JmuRiz
Bill, the car looks great, looks great with those flares and big tires on it. Did you end up going with a prop-valve for the brakes? If not, did you have any issues w/ rear lockup like I did at the HPDC? Can't wait to see it in person!
AZ914
I'd post pics of my current mid-engined car but it's too embarassing... I definately need a 914!  

Oh man..... not a X/19 ?!!! ohmy.gif

Sweet 12er!!! aktion035.gif
exc911ence
QUOTE(AZ914 @ May 25 2004, 03:06 PM)
I'd post pics of my current mid-engined car but it's too embarassing... I definately need a 914!  

Oh man..... not a X/19 ?!!! ohmy.gif

Sweet 12er!!! aktion035.gif

Worse...

IPB Image pinch.gif
seanery
As long as that's an 88 (looks like an 86 though) it's ok. I'd go for an 88 GT. I've heard of a northstar V8 being stuffed inside. The suspension on the 88 (last year) was much much improved, so I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. I've spent many hours & miles behind the steering wheel of one of those cars.
exc911ence
QUOTE(seanery @ May 25 2004, 04:50 PM)
As long as that's an 88 (looks like an 86 though) it's ok. I'd go for an 88 GT. I've heard of a northstar V8 being stuffed inside. The suspension on the 88 (last year) was much much improved, so I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. I've spent many hours & miles behind the steering wheel of one of those cars.

It's an 86 all right. The 88's are actually going up in value these days and finding one isn't easy. The car is fine as my daily driver (although I've been having tire balancing issues with the new BFG Radial TAs I put on it... not the car's fault) but it really has no personality compared with my present and past Porsches. Am I surprised? Not really. It's great if you want a reliable car that you don't have to think about... kinda the opposite of a 914, eh? cool_shades.gif It does have nice power from the V6 though, sort of like a 914-6 on a budget! As for the V8 conversion... hmmmm... idea.gif
jtf914
Car looks great Bill smilie_pokal.gif Can hardly even see the zeus fasteners on the fenders. How was the DE last weekend?
Cobalt
Well it took a while but what a collection of gorgeous cars. I thought my car was clean but now i am not so sure.

Anyway, this is mine. Great car but for now she is for sale.
Thanks guys! Yeah the brakes worked pretty well without the prop valve, just had one locking event in the chute but the car was cold, so i think it really is gonna be fine. That said, im still gonna put one in. The car was really great as a baseline, I really couldnt be happier for the first time out. Will post some trunk and engine shots when i get them.
Toast
QUOTE(Cobalt @ May 26 2004, 06:27 AM)
Well it took a while but what a collection of gorgeous cars. I thought my car was clean but now i am not so sure.

Anyway, this is mine. Great car but for now she is for sale.

Hey Cobalt,
Give us some information on your sale.
bburke914
Hi,
I'm a newbie and I have tried repeatedly to add a photo of my 914. I keep getting a error message stating that the page is unavailable. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.
Ben
seanery
your image size must be jpg, gif or bmp and it must be less than 300kb. Also, DO NOT PREVIEW POST.
bburke914
You are right! The file size was too large. I saved it down but it still was too large. My car is a track car only and I am working on a V8 conversion. I bought the kit here on the classified section. Thanks, Noah!

I have been getting mixed reviews on the roof scoop. What does the group think?
Ben
bburke914
I apologize to the group for posting such a large picture. But I don't know how to make it smaller. I'm not new to computers but I am new to posting to groups like this.
Ben
exc911ence
OK, I finally bought a 914... here it is!

IPB Image

I know, I know, it's only a model but hey, it's a pretty nice model! biggrin.gif
nebreitling
you've got the start of a mean car there, bburke! looks fast just sitting there!

re. the roof scoop,

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

if it becomes functional (channeled down to the air intake), then it's only barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

just kidding with you beer.gif

(sort of)
Jeroen
Hi Noah,

First of all, welcome to 914world.com !

Re: pictures sizes. Try to change the size to 800pixels wide (max) before you post them

Re: roof-scoop. I sorta like them (if they are functional), but yours looks a bit large. Maybe you can trim it down (to get some kind of GT1 look). Just MHO...

Your car looks like a fun project! Keep us posted on your progress

cheers,

Jeroen
Cobalt
QUOTE(Toast @ May 26 2004, 09:28 AM)

Hey Cobalt,
Give us some information on your sale.

The car is a 1974 914 2.0l, Marathon Blue/Black. I am the second owner. The car is fully loaded. I did a complete ground up restoration on her between 1996 and 1997. Every nut bolt and screw was removed inspected cleaned, rebuilt or replaced. The car is in stock appearance. All wearable items have been replaced, Including Pistons, cylinders, seals, gaskests, sensors, bearings, you name it. The interior is original and clean with all original carpets, including the visor mirror cover.

The list of new and rebuilt parts is quite extensive. I spared no expense when restoring this beauty, right down to the custom made 911 style cast aluminum crested caps on the polished and color matched Fuchs.

I would post in the classifieds but after 8 attempts of writting the perfect add only to have it claim it could not find the server and loose the entire post, I gave up.
seanery
use a program like photoshop, irfanview or paint shop pro and make the image between 600 and 800 wide. then save it out as a jpg with quality of 75% or so and it should be fine.
Chris H.
Looks very nice Cobalt! I've always been amazed at how subtle the blue is in Marathon Blue. In most pics is looks silver. Very hard to tell them apart.

And the asking price is.....?
DuckRyder
If you want me to shrink the photo, seen me the original file at full resolution and I'll fix it up.

You can Email me from either of my linked webpages.
bburke914
Thanks Duckryder for the offer. I'm kind of hardheaded and would like to figure this out. Once I install my fire breathing V8, full roll cage and nice paintjob I would like to be able to post pictures for everyone to see. I have attached a test photo without the roof scoop.
Thanks,
Ben
DuckRyder
Looks like ya got it. biggrin.gif
Levi
smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
Ben, I think thats a sweet looking car you have there. Looks mean just sitting there. A full race 914? Heck, go with the scoop. But If it where me, I would have made the scoop a little less bulky, thinner to say (it looks like the fiberglass is an inch thick).

Its intimidating, keep it.

Besides its gona be a V8 right? (btw, I had my eye on that kit you bought...) V8 hot rods had big old scoops just like that! Fits perfectly.

Andrew

PS.
Dont paint it, give it a darker coat of grey primer.. I love dark grey primer cars. They just look mean.
MadeRight
Okay, here's mine. As the family has grown, I just could not bear to get rid of the 914, so with some careful changes ;-), things are looking like they might work for a while.
IPB Image
Andyrew
Interesting photoshop job.

lol
SirAndy
QUOTE(bburke914 @ May 26 2004, 07:05 PM)
What does the group think?

ben, i love it!

IPB Image

keep the scoop! That V8 is going to need some fresh air.
Roger Sheridan has one too, he's routing the air through a big hose through the rear window into the engine comp on his car. works great for him!
check out his stuff: www.ultimate914.com

and i agree with andrew, DON'T paint it, just put clearcoat over it, it'll look VERY AGRESSIVE!!! smilie_pokal.gif

driving.gif Andy
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(MadeRight @ May 26 2004, 11:36 PM)
Okay, here's mine. As the family has grown, I just could not bear to get rid of the 914, so with some careful changes ;-), things are looking like they might work for a while.
IPB Image

clap56.gif lol2.gif
bburke914
Thanks for the comments! I am going to paint it with black sealer next. Maybe I will keep it that way. I will keep the board updated with my progress. Once I have the body work complete I'm going to install a full cage!
Thanks,
Ben
Hey Burke, do you have both the ducktail and some sort of aftermarket wing? How is the aftermarket piece being mounted? Some of the folks here can weigh in on the effectiveness on a given wing setup. What kind of racing are you looking to do? Make sure you are meeting at least one sanctioning body's rules for engine and chasis setup if you want to compete somewhere. If its just for DE's then do whatever you want! Like the roof scoop idea, but dude that things huge! rolleyes.gif
Cobalt
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 26 2004, 06:33 PM)
Looks very nice Cobalt!  I've always been amazed at how subtle the blue is in Marathon Blue.  In most pics is looks silver.  Very hard to tell them apart.  

And the asking price is.....?

Thanks for the compliments.

I agree it is very hard to get a good shot of this color without it looking silver. The sun plays tricks with the camera.

I am asking $8900.00. Which may or may not be pricey. When you think about all of the new clamps, hoses, screws, and original replacement parts not to mention the time that went into each and every aspect of this car, I think it is quite reasonable.

She drives and shifts like new and should give its new owner another thirty years of pleasure. I get as much attention in this car as I do in my 94 turbo 3.6. I love it when the young kids see you coming and scream nice car. It's great to see the new generations appreciate something that was made 20+ years before they were born. Unfortunatly being a two seater she does not get driven often. I have a five year old that doesn't like it if he is not included in the ride.

If anyone has any interest or knows someone who might, I am looking for someone who will appreciate all of the effort put into her and has a garage to keep her safe let me know or contact me at anthonyAMA@optonline.net, I do not check this address often so please be patiant for a response.
DipShit
OK - Here's my '71 This will be my first attempt at a rebuild of any kind. I've hung around the American Garage so long I've just become addicted to Porsches and Redhook IPA!

The stable mate is a '70 911T
Cobalt
QUOTE(DipShit @ May 27 2004, 09:29 AM)
OK - Here's my '71 This will be my first attempt at a rebuild of any kind. I've hung around the American Garage so long I've just become addicted to Porsches and Redhook IPA!

The stable mate is a '70 911T

Great car to learn on. you should get lots of fun and enjoyment out of seeing it all come together.

Looks rust free.
DipShit
Not rust free. Typical battery tray and door jamb rust. Hope to get the welding done in a few weeks.

I manage an aircraft paint shop, so the paint will be Sherwinn Williams Acry-Glo with a clear coat - can't wait to get it painted. Just picked up some 5-bolt fuchs this week. I have a new interior kit and will put the 1.7 back in and run it for awhile before I attempt the engine rebuild.

Air cooled engines - the only way to fly!
DipShit
Will start a new topic - "Not so rust free" to post pictures I took over lunch.
djm914-6
It's been awhile since I posted a pic. Some minor things have changed on the car. Mostly just more rust coming through. I figured a '70s car needed a peace sign and since I had a spot on the rear lid that had yellow paint showing...
djm914-6
The front looks about the same as the last pic posted except that it's much cleaner and has several hours spend using Mother's polish on the wheels...
Ray Warren
Thought I should finally post a pic of my car.
Ray Warren
Another
krankendorf
here is my 1971 Porsche 914 Im slowly but surely bringing it back to full glory.
tat2dphreak
nice looking cars guys!!! smilie_pokal.gif

thanks for posting, and WELCOME!!!
MadeRight
Okay, here's my new toy! aktion035.gif
IPB Image
tat2dphreak
Great color!! wub.gif
Rockaria
Edit...
djm914-6
That car is scary fun. I've gotta have that kind of power in my own car. The only time I drove it, I never dared go past 1/4 throttle and it wa still faster than mine. Can't wait to see what you have planned for it.
boxstr
Hey Where do I get a mention. confused24.gif Don't forget to fix that throttle cable.
CCLINEXCAMP914GT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.