Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's 914 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
mattillac
here's mine, finally. camera kinda sucks though. dry.gif
9146R
Finally got digital camera and Photoshop...late to the digital revolution. Could this be why I like old Porsche's ? boldblue.gif
seanery
sweet! smile.gif
ovilla
Here's my 75' at last year's Tweeks show, soon to be put up for sale to help fund another 75' I just picked up yesterday. I've only had it for 12 years so it's going to be hard letting her go (I swear I'm losing sleep over it). So much blood, sweat, and tears goes into these don't it? I told my wife that our oldest is going to need a car anyway so we might as well keep it but she says no (since my son's only 7 yrs old). If there's some interest let me know at omarvilla@officemax.com. I did the 5 lug conversion myself along with every mod/updgrade you can possibly think of. Thanks
Porsche Rescue
Somebody is going to get a fine looking car. Why the change?
ovilla
Somewhere between my wife getting me the 1-800-BE-PETTY experience last year and finally driving in a 3.2 911 I kept thinking of a 914/6. When I really thought about it I finally realized that I've always wanted a 911 more for the performance that it has to offer - not really the looks. 911's are everywhere and still too expensive (and yes they are great cars) but if I could get the same performance in my 914 I don't think I would ever buy one. I enjoy the handling of the 914, which I think is more well balanced than a 911, and I like the fact that 914's are becoming about as rare as 356's (which you never see on the road anymore). So, how to bring the vision to fruition? Go ugly! I bought a cheap 914 to keep me in Porsche ownership and the game plan is to sell the Orange one to help finance a 3.0 or 3.2 swap. Then, after the drivetrain is installed, I'll take care of all of the other mods like a 5-lug conversion and everything else. Wish me luck!
boxstr
Personally I think you have a much better starting point witht he orange car the you already have for your 3.0 or 3.2 conversion. The car has the five lug and it just needs the mechanicals.
CCLINCAMPCONVERSION
Porsche Rescue
I've had a brief affair with 3 different early 911's over the last year or so. I have concluded that 914's handle better, feel more modern, and are just more fun. Selling my very nice '66 911 and bought Eric Shea's 914-6.
The old:
Porsche Rescue
The new
TRE Cup
Here is my 914-6. Way back in 1979 a good buddy of mine bought this original 6 from Rudy Klein's LA Dismantling. We got the rolling shell with no motor and got an original tailshifter 6-er trans. In went a 3.0 SC motor complete with cis. The original heater boxes went on. some bilsteins were installed along the way with a 911SC front suspension.We shared DE duties with the POC for several years and had a ton of fun. I aquired the car about 3 1/2 years ago and have made a few (ahem...) mods: Though the picture does not show its current wheels, we now have 951 8" fuchs up front with 225 Michelin sport cups, 911 8" fuchs on the rear with 245 Sport cups, Fox/Smart remote reservoir rear coil overs, my boxster brake conversion kit f/r, 23 mmm front torsions, 22mm thru body front bar, raised spindles, front oil cooler, 'glass f/r lids and bumpers, bolt in custom chrome moly cage, side shifter 901 with 904 shaft, zf ltd slip. short gears, and pump/cooler set up. The current motor is a 3.0 twin plug with 906 cams, 46 ida webers, carillo rods, headers, twin tip muffler. Interior is "RS" style with dual sparco race buckets, led conversion 911S instrument package (added an oil level sender to the oe 6 tank) and other goodies. A LOT of fun to race with on the track and play on back roads.
The attached pic is when we took the car on the Iron Bottom Rally a couple years ago- 1000 miles in 3 days with all sorts of roads- (including dirt) and weather . A top speed check was in order a couple of times- 155 indicated and there was more to be had! Gotta love it
Gint
TRE Cup, nice teener!

Jim, You bought Eric car! It's a nice one for sure. That 911 doesn't look to shabby either. Is it already sold? Not that I'm in the market at the moment, but somebody reading might be. And if it's anything like the others that have been in your collection, I'm sure it looks just as nice in person as it does in that pic.
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Mike. I think it is sold but the money is not in the bank yet. We'll see. It is a very nice original car. I have scaled back some. Craig now owns the 33,000 mile phoenix red '74. See you at WCC '05. Expect to drive the yellow six down if it's willing.
Maltese Falcon
Dave, nice photo-op...good thing our 914s don't use cat convertors...you could have started the "Iron Bottom Brush Fire" headbang.gif
marty
Lou W
Gint   Posted on Mar 1 2005, 08:17 PM TRE Cup, nice teener!

Jim, You bought Eric car! It's a nice one for sure. That 911 doesn't look to shabby either. Is it already sold? Not that I'm in the market at the moment, but somebody reading might be. And if it's anything like the others that have been in your collection, I'm sure it looks just as nice in person as it does in that pic.

agree.gif Very Nice clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Jeroen
TRE Cup, nice to see ya here!
914Timo
TRE Cup, you have my kind of 914 smilie_pokal.gif

I like narrow body 914s with big engine.

One question, how you have managed to put such a fat tires in the rear wacko.gif
914Timo
Oh, and I forgot, more pics, PLEASE !!!! rolleyes.gif
seanery
Dave Bouzaglou owns TRE Motorsports in North Hollywood. They do great work. Glad to have you here! Dave's shop along with Kevin the painter put together my buddy's 911.
415PB
Damn, that's one awesome looking 911. smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Not as finished and flared...but here's mine....

redshift
Good lord! That car has an ID crisis! I like it in red man!

Jim always has nice ones!

smilie_pokal.gif

M
Toast
Hey Z,
I remember seeing that one at the last costal run we did that Howard set up.

I didn't know that was your car. I thought I saw someone else driving it.
Or.....did you just aquire it? smile.gif
bd1308
1974 replies since Dec 27 2002, 02:58 PM ....WOAH! thats the year of my car!
grasshopper
heres a bad pic of mine. I'll try to roll it out when i get a chance and take a better pic. I'm in the process of changing the engine and working out some of the electrical. It's addictive!!! biggrin.gif Still cant wait to get her back out on the road driving.gif
Later, Barry
cdn9144
Here's a pic from my car last summer.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (cdn9144 @ Mar 7 2005, 04:33 PM)

awesome! what wheels are those? 5 lug? 17 x 7?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (cdn9144 @ Mar 7 2005, 04:33 PM)

also...nice EARLY rear bumper!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 2 2005, 03:36 PM)
Not as finished and flared...but here's mine....

mike zois, what muffler is that? supertraps?

woohoo.....1st post on page 100 smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif
Brent
Cmon Aaron, for a first post... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
you got any updates on your car?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brent @ Mar 7 2005, 05:27 PM)
Cmon Aaron, for a first post... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
you got any updates on your car?

see my blog yo rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
cdn9144
Thanks for the comments! The wheels are 16" x 7" in the front and 16" x 8" in the rear, they came on late 928's, 968, I have seen some early 90's 911 with them as well. I have reifinished the wheels this winter, and once the weather gets nice I will take some more current and better pics.
Thanks
Lorne
Trekkor
In Napa, just before sunset wub.gif

KT
Porsche Rescue
Lorne,

Do the offsets on those wheels allow 8's on the rear without stretching the fenders? What size tires? Really looks good.
Series9
Here's 914RS back in the day (1998) enjoying a nice sunset in an Orlando park.
Eric Taylor
Hey 914rs, kinda a reverse bumbble bee look ya had going their. Looks coo smilie_pokal.gif What were the spec's before you made it into the beast is it today?
Eric
Series9
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Mar 7 2005, 07:21 PM)
Hey 914rs, kinda a reverse bumbble bee look ya had going their. Looks coo smilie_pokal.gif What were the spec's before you made it into the beast is it today?
Eric

Thanks.

It was pretty basic: 1.7 w/medium cam and 36mm Dells, stock tranny, '77 911S front suspension w/S aluminum calipers, stock rear suspension, no sway bars, 7x15 Cookies all around w/205/50-15 rubber.

The main thing it had going for it was that it was a really solid car. When I got the 3.6, it set the tone for the rest of the build. Basically, I decided that the chassis and the rest of the car had to deserve the engine.

914RS is the result.
cdn9144
Porsche Rescue,
The 8's in the back have 205 55 tires, the offset is 52 or 55 I am pretty sure it is 52 though. I did not have to stretch the back fenders, and the tires do not rub at all on the fender lip or the inner fender. I will try to get some more pics here in the next couple of days. I f you have any other questions let me know.
Thanks
Lorne
9144guy
my front susp.w/drilled rotors
9144guy
my rear susp.
Allan
Looks really nice. I hope they never crack on you.
Aaron Cox
drilled solid rotors? blink.gif

no offense... what does that do? on a vented rotor...it allows the gasses to go to the hollow area between the sides....
curtis
It looks cool though!!
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (curtis @ Mar 11 2005, 12:33 AM)
It looks cool though!!

Pretty useless without some calipers on there! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif

EDIT: Did you buy them drilled or do it yourself ( unsure.gif )? Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when drilled rotors (for conversation's sake, we'll use vented rotors. Leave the solid argument out of it) end up losing their benefit because of lost surface area? As in: "Sure you get more cooling, but your pads are only rubbing on 1/4 the rotor they used to grab on to!"

sgomes
The braking system on a car is without a doubt the most important of all. Those rotors are seriously unsafe. I'm all for making crazy mods to these wonderful cars, but compromising their saftey is not good. If you use those things please please do not drive behind me or anywhere near playgrounds.
BIGKAT_83
Just what would the trouble be with a solid rotor drilled. I think they are available drilled new.
Almost all motorcycles have drilled solid rotors.

screwy.gif
sgomes
They crack. Waaaayyyyyy too much material has been removed on those rotors. Besides can you identify the problem that drilling these rotors solves? If you are having warping or heat fade then drilling is a stop gap (I doubt it really works anyway). What you would need to do is calculate the heat loading and design a real rotor. Getting out the Makita cordless and making swiss cheese out of the most important saftey feature on the car is screwy.gif

Moreover, why would putting a hole through a solid rotor do anything other than lower the heat capacity of the disk? The holes in vented rotors are to get air to the center of the disk so that you don't have warping. screwy.gif
ben1440
I got this 2 weeks ago, my first 914 and I am gutting it as much as i can. WISH ME LUCK!
URY914
I would say those rotors look pretty radical but how do you know they are a problem or unsafe? You need to test them and find the limit. The rear brake don't do much work anyway. If it is a autox car only, I'd run them in a heartbeat.

But than again I'm not normal.
BPGREER
I finally figured out how to post pics! smilie_pokal.gif So here's my 914...
BPGREER
and another...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.