Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SDS VS MS, I would like to figure this one out??????
toon1
post Mar 16 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,022

DISCLAIMER: This is not a thread to argue bash or to say yours is better than mine.

I would like to learn what the difference is!

I am an MS user and happy with it, if SDS will fuel an engine better, I would like to find out why!

I have been following Daves thread about MS not fueling his engine well enough. There are dyno results proving this, can they be posted with the reasons why MS fails to provide an engine with what it needs?

I have been to SDS's site and cannot find any reason why it would fuel an engine better.

Is it the simplicity of setup?
Is it that SDS has 16x16 fuel tables?
Is SDS's processor faster?

I'm sure if MS was capable of doing the same as SDS, Jake would have figured it out.

I would like to learn differences!

AGAIN, no bashing, just learning.

Keith

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(60 - 60)
toon1
post Mar 23 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,022

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 23 2008, 08:20 AM) *

Every combo is slightly different and since I don't want to become libel for smoked engines I can't answer that question... There is no "always" in my world.

Rich engines drink fuel and have a stumpy powerband, they don't like to rev or make crisp power. Rich mixtures (12.5 or richer) contaminate oil with fuel that washes past the rings, they hure all around performance and lead to shorter longevity because fuel is a solvent, not a lubricant.

At 13:1 with my combos magical things occur.

When I was tuning recently, I noticed the engine ran like crap between 12. and 13.0( rich).

It didn't like it very much leaner than 13.5.

Why do they NOT like anything leaner than 13.5?

Keith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:49 PM