Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's the farthest you have driven your 914?
How far have you driven your 914?
How far have you driven your 914 on a trip?
250 - 500 miles. [ 70 ] ** [28.57%]
500 - 1000 miles. [ 59 ] ** [24.08%]
1000 miles + [ 116 ] ** [47.35%]
Total Votes: 245
Guests cannot vote 
JMKnight
post Oct 30 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #101

Aces & Eights

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,188
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(JMKnight @ Oct 30 2011, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 07:44 PM) *

How far have you driven your 914 on a trip?

Would you rather have your 914 on a long journey, or a new Cayman let's say.

Does the fact that you know your old car better than a new "Out of the box" Porsche make the choice any better? Sometimes I would rather have an old, easy to work on car on a very long drive than a computer riddled techno plactic Porsche for the real down and dirty. Allthough our 07 Cayman has been one of the best cars I have ever owned, 80k and going. I thought I would post the question anyway.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I drive it 70+ miles two, three times a week. Longest trip, South Bend to Portage, IN, 60 miles one way... maybe.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Oct 31 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #102

shoguneagle

Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

Happy Halloween!

Drove the 914 Sixer from one set of jack stands to another set; about zero feet!! Just kidding!!

Got the Sixer running this past spring and drove the car around Flag and out on the Interstate 40 for the last five to six months. Made a detailed listing of the things I want to change, add, or leave alone. Broke it in on petro based oil and will convert this winter to Mobil 1. I will work down the list and make changes such as Sway-A-Axles with 108mm CVs, 911 rear brakes and e-brakes, body preparation for painting, finish air inlet for front oil cooler, finish mounting the oil tank, make a heating system based on using the hot engine oil, Dr. Evil's built transaxle, etc.

I have put about 300 to 500 miles on the car and I really like the way it handles and drives. This next year I will shack down and build dependability in the car since I am prepping it for about a 3K trip to Oregon/Washington and back to Flagstaff.

Good to see an old thread revived.

Steve Hurt
+Quote Post
Bob L.
post Oct 31 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #103

Member No.: 13,411
Region Association: Southwest Region

Where's the "<250 mile" option?

I just got mine road ready, from when I purchased it, So my first cruise was about 25 miles round trip. Nice!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Who knows how far my second trip will be?
+Quote Post
abes914
post Nov 1 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #104

Member No.: 12,880
Region Association: Southern California

around the block twice. finally got the engine going after 6 months of owning a 914 and found out that the transmission needs attention. car is up on jack stands again and just ordered parts. will fiddle with the car when time, wife and 3 year old daughter permits (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:00 PM