Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hey /6 guys 911 2.4 engine question(s), AKA I have oil issues :-(
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 22 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

The short version:

I have a old 914 FP race car that is "this close" to having the /6 conversion completed. The engine is a 2.4 911 T with carbs. All new -12 areo quip lines, new oil tank, thermosta, and remote oil filter console. Car is at Brad Mayuers shop.

Here is the issue with everything hooked up Oil will build up in the crank case to the point the oil tank starts to suck air and the over flow tank fills with oil. When drained, over 1 1/2 gallons of oil comes out of the crank case. Now with the remote oil filter, oil cooler and such bypassed and the line connected back to the oil tank the oil flow is better, not great, but better. When drained about 3 quarts of oil comes out of the crank case. Seems to Brad that I have a scavage pump problem, yes? Is there anything else that we should look for? If Brad is stumped, then I sure the hell have no clue.

I will not take this engine apart. If it comes to that then my /6 project is done for a while until I build up enough funds to get another engine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:05 AM