Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> club members deserve preferential treatment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Aug 13 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 13 2008, 08:20 AM) *

I spent 6 months in the N.East last year. I was not sure how I was being accepted,

my Cousin asked me "Are they fucking with you?" When I told him "Yes" he said

then I was doing Great. It's when people stop dicking with you is when you worry.

I think George knows this.

GREAT point made!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scottb
post Aug 13 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #22

who wants a PEZ?!

Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 12 2008, 06:12 PM) *

It has gone on long enough! We treat all customers the same and I am tired of it. Starting monday aug 18 2008 914 world members will get preferential treatment here at Automobile Atlanta. We will put your orders at the head of the line much like the overnight orders so that you will have the parts in your hands much more quickly than normal!
The key here is to be sure to tell us that you are a WORLD member! We will note it in your customer file, and voila, you are at the head of the pack!

thanks george... appreciate it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

scott
+Quote Post
marks914
post Aug 13 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,912

QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 12 2008, 03:49 PM) *

How about just get the order right when shipped. Mine has been wrong three times. Once I even got an order that I didnt place.

How about letting the customer know that all the items might not ship at the same time and let them have the option to wait and not pay extra shipping.

Moving people ahead of the line just seems like more of a hurry up and get the ordered screwed up more.

Rant over.

I agree,
To many parts showing up MONTHS later, after I found them elsewhere

Mark
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Aug 13 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #24

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 12 2008, 09:53 PM) *

can you also note that I am handsome and possibly hostile, we all want to be like Wills, lol. :(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif):all in fun.

I'm mobile.....agile and hostile. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 13 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #25

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 13 2008, 08:14 AM) *

As a long time customer, I think the overall level of service has been very favorable. Sure there was a mistake or two along the way, they were corrected. I am just glad AA is still around to provide the parts.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
SGB
post Aug 13 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #26

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Hey he is trying here. Anything that makes your order more visable will help you get it sooner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
sww914
post Aug 13 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

After 25 years of ordering parts I know that no parts guy is perfect. Some are really good, some really bad.
I'd rather be an African American Transvestite Teenager in a small town full of white people in the deep south than be a parts guy.
No matter how good you really are you'll only ever hear about your faults.
It is not my intent to offend any African American Transvestite Teenagers in the south or anywhere else, it just seems like a pretty hard situation either way.
+Quote Post
plymouth37
post Aug 13 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 4,138
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 13 2008, 10:43 PM) *

It is not my intent to offend any African American Transvestite Teenagers in the south or anywhere else, it just seems like a pretty hard situation either way.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Aug 14 2008, 05:24 AM
Post #29

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

Hi George, I'm a member here too (NSR Jamie) and the guy in Japan who just recieved my order....I sent you a private message, could you check it out and get back to me please. Thank you

Jamie
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 14 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #30

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

Good thing I am no longer a teenager, or an African American, or a Transvestite.

Otherwise I might be insulted...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 14 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #31

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

At least your not Irish....
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 14 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #32

What? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I gotta grow bunny ears and hair on my butt to get my pic on the board? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 14 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #33

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 13 2008, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 13 2008, 07:35 AM) *

A lot of handsome guys are hostile, especially to woman. Look at pretty boy John Edwards!

That's it, from now on I'm calling you pretty boy George (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Geez! I wake up a little late only to find out that George is now John Edwards Hussey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Aug 15 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 13 2008, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 13 2008, 07:35 AM) *

A lot of handsome guys are hostile, especially to woman. Look at pretty boy John Edwards!

That's it, from now on I'm calling you pretty boy George (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyone else notice that Edwards combs his hair to left and George to right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Aug 15 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 14 2008, 01:43 AM) *

You didn't. You insulted whites in the deep South. [rant]Other stereotypes are off limits but it's OK to label us? At least we don't have to worry about gay marriage here or a gay pride holiday mandated in our public schools.[/rant] Alright, I feel better now. We can resume our regular programming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 15 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Aug 15 2008, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 14 2008, 01:43 AM) *

You didn't. You insulted whites in the deep South. [rant]Other stereotypes are off limits but it's OK to label us? At least we don't have to worry about gay marriage here or a gay pride holiday mandated in our public schools.[/rant] Alright, I feel better now. We can resume our regular programming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Don't look now but woman were given the right to vote first on the East Coast.

The original open-minded society. I have to say VA will probably be the last

though.
+Quote Post
johnlush
post Aug 15 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #37

What's all this then?

Member No.: 2,108
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

though.

Wyoming's on the east coast? East coast of Utah maybe! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

And for an on topic comment, George while I appreciate your intention I find it a bit disturbing to think that if I were to order from you again and failed to mention my World membership that my order would somehow mean less to you.

John
+Quote Post
dbgriffith75
post Aug 15 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #38

TheGrif

Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The one time I ordered a part from AA, it was here (to Iowa) within a week after payment had been sent. And it was the right part. Sure, that was a one time order for me, but as of late I haven't been able to do anything resto wise as my shoulder is all f**ked up. If I run into any more parts I need and have trouble finding, AA will likely be the first one I call.

Keep up the good work... and bitch slap anybody that gives you any shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
klikkid3
post Aug 15 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 9,242
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Dang, wish I would have seen this when I put my order in a couple of days ago.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 15 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #40

[quote name='johnlush' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:35 AM' post='1067516']
[/quote]

though.
[/quote]

Wyoming's on the east coast? East coast of Utah maybe! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

And for an on topic comment, George while I appreciate your intention I find it a bit disturbing to think that if I were to order from you again and failed to mention my World membership that my order would somehow mean less to you.

John
[/quote]

Allow me to rephrase that, it all started it the east and finished in the east. Tennessee no less...They (woman) had an Amendment that legally gave them the right to vote. Utah also had Polygamy until 1890, didn't make it the law of the land. My .02

[quote] Introduction
The beginning of the fight for women suffrage is usually traced to the "Declaration of Sentiments" produced at the first woman's rights convention in Seneca Falls, N. Y. in 1848. Four years later, at the Woman's Rights Convention in Syracuse in 1852, Susan B. Anthony joined the fight, arguing that "the right women needed above every other...was the right of suffrage."
During debates on the Reconstruction Amendments which extended the vote to ex-slaves (through the 15th Amendment), suffragists pushed hard for "universal suffrage," but they never had a chance.

In 1872, a suffragists brought a series of court challenges designed to test whether voting was a "privilege" of "U. S. citizenship" now belonging to women by virtue of the recently adopted 14th Amendment. One such challenge grew out of a criminal prosecution of Susan B. Anthony for illegally voting in the 1872 election. The first case to make its way to the Supreme Court, however, was Minor vs Happersett (1875). In Minor, a unanimous Court rejected the argument that either the privileges and immunities clause or the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment extended the vote to women. Following Minor, suffragists turned their attention from the courts to the states and to Congress.

In 1878, a constitutional amendment was proposed that provided "The right of citizens to vote shall not be abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex." This same amendment would be introduced in every session of Congress for the next 41 years.

In July 1890, the Territory of Wyoming, which allowed women to vote, was admitted as a state. Wyoming became the first state with women suffrage. By 1900, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho joined Wyoming in allowing women to vote.

In 1912, Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive (Bull Moose) Party became the first national political party to have a plank supporting women suffrage. The tide was beginning to turn.

In May, 1919, the necessary two-thirds vote in favor of the women suffrage amendment was finally mustered in Congress, and the proposed amendment was sent to the states for ratification. By July 1920, with a number of primarily southern states adamantly opposed to the amendment, it all came down to Tennessee. It appeared that the amendment might fail by one vote in the Tennessee house, but twenty-four-year-old Harry Burn surprised observers by casting the deciding vote for ratification. At the time of his vote, Burns had in his pocket a letter he had received from his mother urging him, "Don't forget to be a good boy" and "vote for suffrage." Women had finally won the vote.

[/quote]
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:13 AM