Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Official: 2009 914 Shootout Thread, How many of the Norcal guys wanna come up and try some payback
drgchapman
post Feb 13 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Event: 2009 914 Shootout
Venue: Hampton Mills, Packwood WA
Date: August 8-9,2009

Come one come all! We will be welcoming many NWPCA guys as well as any Norcal guys as wanna come and try us on our own turf. My glove slaps your face!

It will be a 2 day combined event between the Oregon Region PCA and the Northwest Region PCA and we are expecting around 120-150cars. As last year, we will piggyback the 914 Shootout onto the PCA events.

Packwood Washington is located at the base of Mt. Rainer. You can find all the information you need to know on : http://www.destinationpackwood.com/index.cfm

This is the same location that the SCCA National Tour is held every year. It features an expansive field of asphalt and a very large building that will hold upwards of 200cars and trailers. It is a very nice place to visit with many outdoor things to do and antique shops to visit for the SO and kids.

As for lodging, we will have to check with Hampton Lumber Mills if we will be allowed to camp onsite. For those more civilized folks, there are plenty of hotel/motel/cabin options available, again check the above web site.

Here is picture of the venue, it is huge and flat!

Attached Image

Here are some of links to some National event runs and a guy some of you may know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcS-gXJ-jgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlFJK8bzhk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYtST_N5Flc

Hope to see many of you this coming August. We are planning catered food, possibly a band on Saturday night...if we will pay them....could be a great party!
Let's get some committments and then see how much fun we can have.
More to come.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(60 - 63)
drgchapman
post Mar 5 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #61

Current Stable

I'm running the Quaife in my 3.2/915 combo. Seems to work real gud.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Mar 5 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

QUOTE(smokey @ Feb 27 2009, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 26 2009, 10:54 AM) *

If ya know of a good LSD at a decent price, let me know.

What are the options I have for torque biasing?

Hey mike .

Tom Amon Did a serv on my 87 /911 last week . He tells me that he is selling his 914 racer . Go to his web site . @ mobile werks west . check it out . The racer comes with a very tight lsd box. He has other trannys on his site for sale also . The 901 lsd is not listed in the for sale area . I asked him if he would sell the box seperate from the car sale . I did not get an answer . Send him a email , I am sure he will sell it . I talked to him about it a lil . It is sett up for auto x/ track/ time trile . real strong at low end . with the car @ 5500.00 ./ the box mite be a sale at a real great price.

There is your green flag .

GO !!!!!!!!! Go!!!!!
go !!!!!!!!!
I am sure others will be sending the email s also . Please lett SIR mr MIKEY have 1st crack .
The KOOZzzz Is in the need .

Rtm

FYI Mike, Tom does great work. He put the LSD in the 901 that is in the Beast and also the Guard that's in 222. Brad took the clutches out so that I wasn't at 80% for autoxing, but didn't really get much of a chance to test it in action... at least not yet.
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Mar 9 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #63

Current Stable

Sorry for the dearth of information regarding the Shootout this August. Had to get some groundwork done. Finally found the thread on the second page...
We now are planning a 3 day event, lunch/dinner or no meals included. Working on a band(?) for Saturday night's dinner-party. We will be using Motorsportreg.com for the event, you will be notified when registration will open, likely by Britain.

Friday: Autocross Evolution school. Instructed by Incredibly fast, multiple year national solo champions. I got a taste of what these guys have to offer at our Spring Breakout event last week. I'll just say, I learned a lot, the car turns faster times now.....Lunch available by preregister. Dinner on your own.

Saturday: PNW/PCA will be hosting the event. Full day of autocross with a track of their choosing. Dinner will be prepared by a local group that does a great job. Lunches will be available by preregister.

Sunday: ORPCA will be hosting the event. Full day of autocross with a track of our choosing. Lunch will be by preregister.
Shoot out results will be combined two day best times as we did last year.

Sponsors are encouraged. We'll see what all we can come up with for prizes. I've heard rumblings of the tow fund again this year.......

I strongly encourage our WA bretheren to come out and attend in numbers. You Norcal guys will be here with new tires. The venue is incredible. We will try to put on a good show for you all. Britain has already posted how to obtain lodging/camping facilities earlier in the thread.

More to follow...

Gary
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 9 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #64

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,884

I will be there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . Who are these National champions? I get to see many of these guys every month at our local PCA and SCCA events. They would be great for a school. I have learned a lot from many of the guys up here and they are great instructors.

I'll do my best to get as many of the Washington guys down there. I already talked to a few people about it at our first AX last month. I just hope the guys with multiple cars bring their 914s. I hope we can have 40 to 50 914s there. I know it is doable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks Gary for getting this going. I know it is a ton of work and it is all appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:27 PM