Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Still no turn signals
silverteener
post Sep 21 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,566

I'm still working in the tests. I got to #3, with the red wire off 49 everything is fine. If I put the red wire back on the flasher switch it blows fuse 11. So I went on to test the relay. Same thing, everything checks out but when I put the red wire back on 49 with the switch pulled out it blows the fuse. Does this mean my ground wire from the relay is bad?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Sep 22 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #62

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Did you pull the red wire off of the flasher relay and measure the voltage on the red wire?

Step 3 is just to test the 4-way switch. Sounds like this is ok.

Steps 4-6 now test part of the flasher relay. Don't try to connect the entire system and test yet. You have a short somewhere and it hasn't been found yet.

If you've tested the red wire at the flasher relay, then you've done step 5.

5) Pull the RED wire off of the flasher relay pin 49. Measure the RED wire to ground. With the ignition switch ON, measure 12V. Turn off ignition and measure 0V from RED wire to ground. With the 4-way flasher switch pulled, measure 12V. If OK here, the RED wire to pin 49 is ok. Turn off ignition and push in 4-way flasher switch. Replace the RED wire to pin 49 of the flasher relay.

Step 6 will vindicate your flasher relay. With the loads and 4-way and turn signal switches removed, the flasher relay shouldn't pop the fuse.

6) Pull the wires off of pin 49a of the flasher relay. Measure the pin 49a to ground. With the ignition switch ON, measure 12V. With the 4-way flasher switch pulled, measure 12V. If OK here, the flasher relay is ok. Turn off ignition and push in 4-way flasher switch. Replace the wires to pin 49a of the flasher relay.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
silverteener
post Sep 23 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 4,566

It's working!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Thanks to everyone for help, especially Spoke and 904svo. You guys were more than patient with me and my lack of electrical skills. Spoke actually gave him his number and last night he spent an hour on the phone with me tracing my short. We found it was in the turn signal lever. I had another one and swapped it out and now they work! Well, my right front turn signal is not working but I'm going to look at that tonight. I think a wire may have come off or the bulb is bad but last night I didn't care. I went driving around anyway

thanks again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 23 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #64

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Man, you got some top notch help. How 'bout this makes it in the classics? Can I get an Amen.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:12 AM