Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is Ground Connection"B" ?
ghuff
post Sep 29 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #121

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Sep 29 2009, 03:20 PM) *

I want those jackstands! Anybody know who has shorties? Mine are 12" minimum, and I hate jacking the car up that high.

P.S. Hope O.C. was good to you.

QUOTE(ghuff @ Sep 29 2009, 07:11 PM) *

I have bought cars from people for pennies on the dollar due to electrical problems.

I scored my wife's 02 Jetta 1.8T for 3000$ because it had improper fluids, needed suspension bushings and needed about 8 hours worth of sorting out bad grounds and sketchy bosch connectors.

20 or so hours later, I had a 6000-7000$ car.

Electrical and fuel injection/running problems are the worst things.

Congrats on the victory Ken. I expect you to bring it by sometime to keep the blue car company.

If we keep them far enough apart, your car should not catch the jackstands from mine.

Thanks man.

You can have the brown stands if you want them! All 4. They came with a 1975 scirocco years ago.

I just need to pick up two more to match my two adjustable ratcheting stands.

OC was great, motsly bro'ng out, drinking beer and getting all fucked up while being silly since it rained.

Pretty fun weekend.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Sep 30 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #122

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Sep 29 2009, 01:07 PM) *

VICTORY (fingers crossed) !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

I pulled the headlight switch down, and guess what? One of the gray wires was a "little " fried", exposing a very small section of bare wire. I threw some electrical tape over it, reinstalled the wire (all with the negative terminal off the battery), and everything is operating perfectly.

As it would truly be a bitch to repair that short section of wire, in that tight space without soldering my eyeballs together, is it cool to just do a good job of taping the wire? Is there a "paint on" insulation...like the rubber stuff you can put on tool handles?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

It's Miller Time!
+Quote Post
kenshapiro2002
post Sep 30 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 10,598

May I have a Killian's? Thanks again for your help.

QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 30 2009, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Sep 29 2009, 01:07 PM) *

VICTORY (fingers crossed) !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

I pulled the headlight switch down, and guess what? One of the gray wires was a "little " fried", exposing a very small section of bare wire. I threw some electrical tape over it, reinstalled the wire (all with the negative terminal off the battery), and everything is operating perfectly.

As it would truly be a bitch to repair that short section of wire, in that tight space without soldering my eyeballs together, is it cool to just do a good job of taping the wire? Is there a "paint on" insulation...like the rubber stuff you can put on tool handles?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

It's Miller Time!

+Quote Post
markb
post Sep 30 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #124

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Glad you got it figured out. Looks like I'll need to do a little work on my switches someday.
+Quote Post
kenshapiro2002
post Sep 30 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 10,598

Piece o' cake (rather have root canal)!
KK

QUOTE(markb @ Sep 30 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Glad you got it figured out. Looks like I'll need to do a little work on my switches someday.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:16 AM