Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mike Bellis
That looks really nice! Great Job!
messix
DAMN!!!

nice job!!!

so much better than what was there!!!
rick 918-S
Every time I see this car I like it more. Nice work! Your taking a good idea and refining it.
Rand
smilie_pokal.gif Nicely done.
JRust
The boot looks great Mark. Nice job as usual
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2010, 05:12 PM) *

The boot looks great Mark. Nice job as usual

agree.gif aktion035.gif
Lennies914
Mark we need an update! How's progress?
Cupomeat
Yes, this was a unique thread!

BTW, have you given any thought to a shift position indicator?

As you removed the physical one, you could put a small LCD unit in the dash cluster to tell you when you are in "2" instead of "D".
computers4kids
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jul 25 2010, 08:35 PM) *

Mark we need an update! How's progress?

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 26 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Yes, this was a unique thread!

BTW, have you given any thought to a shift position indicator?

As you removed the physical one, you could put a small LCD unit in the dash cluster to tell you when you are in "2" instead of "D".

As far as an indicator goes, Summit sells one for this particular shifter boot. The indicator attaches to one of the boot screws and has a cable that runs back to the gear box where you adjust which gear it displays. The kit's about $70.
Click to view attachment

Not to much to update...
Went through the brakes, changed the brake fluid, turned the rotors, and put new brake hoses on the car. Also added a new red top optima.

If you read earlier in the thread, you saw I lost my second parking spot in the garage mad.gif to our new Honda (wife couldn't see two 914s in the garage (although I could) and the new Honda outside.

I would like to repaint the car, but in Visalia CA that wouldn't even make sense if it has to sit outside. I'm not to sure what to do with this car??? I wanted to keep it stock as possible, less of course the automatic change. I guess it really doesn't matter, either way its not original anymore...even though I really like it. Really don't want to take the Porsche engine out and do a conversion...it would just be another 914 with a conversion. It's pretty unique right now. Super fun car to drive! driving.gif

Who knows...might even sell it, I was toying with the idea lately. If I had the garage space I'd drop a 2ltr in it and repaint the car.
markb
Simple answer, Mark. Build a BIGGER GARAGE! biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
You still have the car? Any progress? idea.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2011, 09:18 PM) *

Rick,
Sold it to a real nice guy, Larry (bay area as I recall). I just couldn't let it sit outside all the time--no garage space left. It's my understanding he is going to make it a v8 automatic. chowtime.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 29 2011, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2011, 09:18 PM) *

Rick,
Sold it to a real nice guy, Larry (bay area as I recall). I just couldn't let it sit outside all the time--no garage space left. It's my understanding he is going to make it a v8 automatic. chowtime.gif

Oh ya, I remember now. that's a shame. sad.gif The car was cool the way it was. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.