Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Almost all parts from 1970 914. Some free
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
70_914
I just picked up a 1973 (I think) 1.8 (I think) that has good paint and floor pans, complete body with bumpers. It is in nicer shape than my 1970 from an appearance standpoint. The 1970 is now on the market for everything except for calipers and... that is probably all. Drivers door is not in good shape, passenger door is fine. Door glass good in both doors, windshield is cracked, rear window good. Hood, trunk lid, engine cover all in good shape. Taillights OK. Dash is rusty and in poor shape but the heater controls are good. Blower motors OK, headlight motors work, headlight doors and eyebrows in good shape. Wiper motor and linkage are out and in good shape. Gauges have the aluminum surround and I might put that in the other car... I will have a better Idea when I get my new one home and look at it....
1970 914:

Pretty much everything will be going for less than $50 + shipping, large things like doors would appreciate local pickup only.

Thanks for looking, I can post pictures of specific parts as needed. If you want a large # of parts just take the whole car (I want the engine for my new car) $200.

Kevin
k_mesaros@yahoo.com
253-227-3085
Car is in Roy, WA.
Eric_Shea
I'll take the steering wheel.
Markl
Hi, I don't know much about carb setups - do these have chokes? Are they adequate for a stock 2.0 liter? Thanks
wayne1234
I would like to get at least the center case bolt. or the set(if you have them all) if you dont wanna separate. let me know and $ I guess a bubble pack envelope would shipp fine 46158 Thanks
wayne1234
Actually if you ahve the mounting bolts to the front of engine that mount the brackets below the oil pump that would be great also.
70_914
QUOTE(Markl @ Dec 22 2009, 10:48 PM) *

Hi, I don't know much about carb setups - do these have chokes? Are they adequate for a stock 2.0 liter? Thanks

There are no chokes on these carbs. I have no idea how well they will work on a 2.0 Porsche, but they are a popular carburetor setup on 2.0 buses.
70_914
QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Dec 22 2009, 11:38 PM) *

I would like to get at least the center case bolt. or the set(if you have them all) if you dont wanna separate. let me know and $ I guess a bubble pack envelope would shipp fine 46158 Thanks

Center case bolt?? There are a butt load of bolts. Are you talking just the bolts and not the studs and nuts? Center top, front, back, bottom? I have no problem selling bolts from the engines but 1 did break on the 1.7 and I have not taken the 2.0 apart yet, and I want to be sure that we are talking about the same bolts. I will also check the mounting bolts near the oil pump.

Now that I know what people are interested in I will make a better effort to send pictures.

Thanks
wayne1234
yeah there is a case bolt that goes on the passenger side under the push rod tubes it does not have a nut, it threads into the other case half.... if you have a set that has one broken as long as it isnt that one that is cool, mine is a 2.0 are the case bolts different? I need it for a 2.0 Thanks...
70_914
I took off the steering wheel cover and it is leather underneath- the top of it is worn through from 30+ years of driving, the seams are split.

IPB Image

Here are the carburetors removed from the car. You can see the velocity stacks clearly.

IPB Image

IPB Image
70_914
Here is 1 of the carbs installed on the car, with an old filter. They come with the linkage and intakes, air cleaner tops and bases, 2 new and unopened K&N filters. If the strange throttle cable bracket is needed it goes too.

IPB Image
70_914
Not the best picture, but I think it works.

IPB Image

Explains itself...

IPB Image
Als914
Hey Kevin,
How much for the gauge cluster and face plate pictured?

Al
914coop
Carbs still available?
70_914
QUOTE(Als914 @ Dec 26 2009, 10:55 AM) *

Hey Kevin,
How much for the gauge cluster and face plate pictured?

Al

The gauge cluster picture is actually a picture of the steering wheel, which is already sold pending me getting off my @$$ and shipping it out...

I am not parting my car, I am selling stock "junk" that I am not going to use.
70_914
QUOTE(914coop @ Dec 30 2009, 09:15 AM) *

Carbs still available?

Yep. Carbs are still available. Only thing spoken for so far is the steering wheel.

You know you want these... They are all nice and clean. These things practically sell themselves....

Seriously though, they are in decent shape and still have the tags on them.
70_914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 23 2009, 08:46 AM) *

QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Dec 22 2009, 11:38 PM) *

Center case bolt?? There are a butt load of bolts. Are you talking just the bolts and not the studs and nuts? Center top, front, back, bottom? I have no problem selling bolts from the engines but 1 did break on the 1.7 and I have not taken the 2.0 apart yet, and I want to be sure that we are talking about the same bolts. I will also check the mounting bolts near the oil pump.

Now that I know what people are interested in I will make a better effort to send pictures.

Thanks

The case bolt you are looking for is the unfortunate one that broke on my 1.7. When I get the 2.0 apart I will be more careful....

I will let you know how it works.
914coop
How long have they been Sitting, also can you take a picture of where they mount to the heads? need to verify they will bolt up to the 2..0 heads.

QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 30 2009, 03:53 PM) *

Carbs still available?

Yep. Carbs are still available. Only thing spoken for so far is the steering wheel.

You know you want these... They are all nice and clean. These things practically sell themselves....

70_914
QUOTE(914coop @ Dec 30 2009, 04:19 PM) *

How long have they been Sitting, also can you take a picture of where they mount to the heads? need to verify they will bolt up to the 2..0 heads.

Carbs still available?

They have been sitting since my first post - 1 week, and I drove it to where I am working on it. Before that they were mounted to the car- I have owned it about 4 months. How long the car sat in the junk yard- 3 days. Before that- ??? This car is a 1970 1.7. I have an extra engine apart, so if you want I can take pictures of the manifold mocked up on one of those heads, or was there something different and more specific you were looking for?

On a quick side note - who would use this emoticon for any real reason - sheeplove.gif
914coop
The 2.0 heads have a 3 bolt pattern to attach the manifold to the heads the others gave a four bolt pattern.

Just making dure when you said they worked fine on the car you has they have not been sitting long enough yo need to be rebuikt.

QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 30 2009, 05:05 PM) *

Carbs still available?

They have been sitting since my first post - 1 week, and I drove it to where I am working on it. Before that they were mounted to the car- I have owned it about 4 months. How long the car sat in the junk yard- 3 days. Before that- ??? This car is a 1970 1.7. I have an extra engine apart, so if you want I can take pictures of the manifold mocked up on one of those heads, or was there something different and more specific you were looking for?

On a quick side note - who would use this emoticon for any real reason - sheeplove.gif

Smitty911
QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 22 2009, 01:55 PM) *

I have a complete 1.7 engine that I have taken apart and only need the case from. No injection parts on it, didn't pay much so I don't want much. Let me know what you need.

Kevin
k_mesaros@yahoo.com
253-227-3085
Local pickup preferred. I work in Aburn, WA and live in Roy, WA.

Rocker Arms off the 1.7????? Avalible??? how much?
flippa
[/quote]
[/quote]

Register a 1970 914 in Massachusetts. sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif You will find a use for this icon when they tell you how much it will cost.
70_914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Dec 30 2009, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 22 2009, 01:55 PM) *

I have a complete 1.7 engine that I have taken apart and only need the case from. No injection parts on it, didn't pay much so I don't want much. Let me know what you need.

Kevin
k_mesaros@yahoo.com
253-227-3085
Local pickup preferred. I work in Aburn, WA and live in Roy, WA.

Rocker Arms off the 1.7????? Avalible??? how much?

Yes they are available. The 1.7 had water in the combustion chambers from sitting outside before I bought it, but the rocker assemblies seem OK. I have no idea what they are going for....

$45 and they are yours, including shipping.
70_914
[quote name='914coop' date='Dec 30 2009, 06:03 PM' post='1256573']
The 2.0 heads have a 3 bolt pattern to attach the manifold to the heads the others gave a four bolt pattern.

Just making dure when you said they worked fine on the car you has they have not been sitting long enough yo need to be rebuikt.

They have not been sitting long enough to have varnish buildup that keeps them from working, but they are used carburetors and I would rebuild them if it was me buying them.
Eric_Shea
How's it looking on the steering wheel?
70_914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 3 2010, 04:26 PM) *

How's it looking on the steering wheel?

After all the BS involved with being out of town and visiting with family ar15.gif , the wheel is off the car and sitting on my kitchen counter in a box. Plan to get to the shipper tonight and get a price for you.

Sorry for the delay...
70_914
QUOTE(914coop @ Dec 30 2009, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Dec 30 2009, 05:05 PM) *

Carbs still available?

The carb manifolds have 4 bolts. All the information I have gathered on them points to them being too small for a 2.0 Porsche anyway. Got them on the Samba trying to sell them to a VW guy.
Eric_Shea

After all the BS involved with being out of town and visiting with family , the wheel is off the car and sitting on my kitchen counter in a box. Plan to get to the shipper tonight and get a price for you.

Sorry for the delay...

No worries at all. Thanks for the update. Let me know how to pay thee...
pyolet
Is the hot air blower (only need the brackets) available?
70_914
QUOTE(pyolet @ Jan 9 2010, 04:46 PM) *

Is the hot air blower (only need the brackets) available?

Just to clarify, are you meaning the blower motor on top of the engine or the blower motors behind the dash?

Quick easy answer- YES, and they are all taken off the car.

Let me know which one you need and I can get it your way. $25 + shipping works from my end.

Kevin
watsonrx13
Kevin, is the steering column available for the '70? I would like the column from where the steering wheel is attached to the u-joint at the firewall, including the surround, turn signal and wiper switches/columns. PM me with the price and a quote for shipping to 33566 (Tampa, FL).

-- Rob
lanes4
Am looking for the chrome strips for both sides of car on the "A" pillar and "B" pillar that hold the rubber strips that the door windows butt up against on each side, front and back. Any chance you still have these? Thanks for your attention.

Paul Bennett
wndsrfr
PM sent on "914" emblem and visors...
dflesburg
Center Dash vent? If not broken.
sixnotfour
muffler heat shield , 6 screws from insde the rear trunk ? if so i will take it and prob just come down and pick it up. Thanks Jeff
Rav914
Fuel level sender, if operable? Thanks.
Michael N
Pm sent on seat belts. Waiting for photos.
70_914
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Jan 18 2010, 10:23 AM) *

Yours for $30.
70_914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2010, 09:08 AM) *

muffler heat shield , 6 screws from insde the rear trunk ? if so i will take it and prob just come down and pick it up. Thanks Jeff

$20 and you can have it.... I can send pictures in the morning if you need.

Kevin
70_914
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jan 18 2010, 05:19 AM) *

I think they are all broken- I'll look tonight and let you know for sure.

Kevin
70_914
QUOTE(lanes4 @ Jan 16 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Am looking for the chrome strips for both sides of car on the "A" pillar and "B" pillar that hold the rubber strips that the door windows butt up against on each side, front and back. Any chance you still have these? Thanks for your attention.

Paul Bennett

They are all pretty dinged up, the DAPO rattle canned them black when he "painted" the car. I don't think they are worth the shipping cost.

Kevin
70_914
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v260/k_mesaros/Car/

There are a bunch of pictures in this folder on photobucket, gives everybody an idea of what condition everything is in, and lets you see what is and what isn't on the car.

Password is 123.

Kevin
70_914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 16 2010, 11:22 AM) *

Kevin, is the steering column available for the '70? I would like the column from where the steering wheel is attached to the u-joint at the firewall, including the surround, turn signal and wiper switches/columns. PM me with the price and a quote for shipping to 33566 (Tampa, FL).

-- Rob

Yes it is available. Let me get it out of the car so I can quote shipping. $50 on the part..... it is big and awkward so $$$$$ to ship I think.

Kevin
70_914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 16 2010, 11:22 AM) *

-- Rob

Yes it is available. Let me get it out of the car so I can quote shipping. $50 on the part..... it is big and awkward so $$$$$ to ship I think.

Kevin
Rav914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jan 18 2010, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Rav914 @ Jan 18 2010, 10:23 AM) *

Yours for $30.

PM sent.
70_914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jan 18 2010, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jan 18 2010, 05:19 AM) *

I think they are all broken- I'll look tonight and let you know for sure.

Kevin

Yes, they are all junk...
Michael N
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jan 18 2010, 01:49 PM) *

There are a bunch of pictures in this folder on photobucket, gives everybody an idea of what condition everything is in, and lets you see what is and what isn't on the car.

Kevin

I appears that the photos need a password. I am missing something?
70_914
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jan 19 2010, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Jan 18 2010, 01:49 PM) *

Kevin

I appears that the photos need a password. I am missing something?

headbang.gif 123
EyeTrip
still have an early hand e-brake?
70_914
QUOTE(EyeTrip @ Jan 21 2010, 04:48 PM) *

still have an early hand e-brake?

Yep, it is on the car. $10 plus shipping and it is yours. Let me know if you want a picture.

Kevin
pyolet
What are the condition of the passenger side window and guides? How about the front hood? Thanks,

Woody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.