Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official East Coast Cookout 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dr Evil
Dude, the location is only 2 hours away, I will have to swing by and say hi if possible.
Bill Smith
It does not cost anything to watch the autocross. If you want you can even volunteer to help do the flagging to get the best watching position out on the course. There are alot of hotels if you dont want to camp out. The airpoort is just a field with porta potties. Steve has a full basement and if I talk to him real nice, he might let some stay in his full basement with a bar.

The cartered picnic cost $20 a person.

Hope that answers some questions.

Bill
MikeSpraggi
I am just going to do the Saturday picnic, but want to go early enough to watch the autox. Anyone with the same plans? I would like to caravan if possible. Do we pay online for the picnic?
type47
I couldn't register for just the picnic so I mailed the registration form (page 1 of this thread) and a check. You had to also sign up for the autocross to get the picnic. What's your route plans?
MikeSpraggi
Guess I'll have to register then. Route plans are to end up in Cumberland .... how that is going to be accomplished is still an unknown. Looking to see who is going on Saturday and try to develop a plan from there. So, I am open to suggestions.
plas76targa
Zach and I are going on Friday afternoon. I'd rather leave before 2 to beat the Friday rush. Could adjust that by a couple hours. Either of you want to go on Friday?
type47
If Rod goes, which I read as doubtful, he'd go up Sat morn so I'll caravan with Mike S Sat morn.
Bill Smith
QUOTE(Bill Smith @ Sep 5 2010, 04:36 PM) *

It does not cost anything to watch the autocross. If you want you can even volunteer to help do the flagging to get the best watching position out on the course. There are alot of hotels if you dont want to camp out. The airpoort is just a field with porta potties. Steve has a full basement and if I talk to him real nice, he might let some stay in his full basement with a bar.

The cartered picnic cost $20 a person.

Hope that answers some questions.

Bill

Sorry about the registering for the picnic - If you could just mail it in - that works good
Bill
saigon71
Rolling down for the Saturday Autocross (spectator) and picnic. Registration in the mail today. Looking forward to it!
type47
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Sep 10 2010, 04:24 AM) *

Rolling down Saturday ...

I see our routes unite at intersection 81 and 70 at Hagerstown. What would be your ETA at Hagerstown?
type47
icon_bump.gif
VaccaRabite
Well, it looks like I am going to have my exhaust put back together in time. But it looks like I am not going to have time to weld in the new muffler. So I will still be loud, but not popping. And I *should* be able to drive the 914 up.

I have been holding off registering for the AX s I was not sure the 914 was going to make it. I should know tonight for sure if the teener will be online for this coming weekend.

Zach
saigon71
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 10 2010, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Sep 10 2010, 04:24 AM) *

Rolling down Saturday ...

I see our routes unite at intersection 81 and 70 at Hagerstown. What would be your ETA at Hagerstown?

Flexible on times, but want to be there for the start of the autocross.

My 914 is in disarray, forced to drive the Mazda pickup, but would be happy to meet up there if it works.

Dr Evil
I, unfortunately, will not be able to stop by unless things change. I have to be at work at 8am Sat and 8am-7pm sun. Not much time to fool around sad.gif
VaccaRabite
Exhaust is on. Tomorrow after work I'll take it for a drive to see if it is sealed.

Zach
type47
icon_bump.gif
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Sep 12 2010, 05:05 PM) *

... but want to be there for the start of the autocross.

autocross starts 10 ish (?); my quickest route (by Mapquest) is 130 miles and 2hr22min from Vienna:Rt 66->Rt 495->Rt 270 to Frederick->Rt 70 to Hagerstown->Cumberland; Interstate all the way sunglasses.gif Scenic route 45 min longer
type47
QUOTE(Rick L @ Jul 21 2010, 12:09 PM) *

I am definitely in!

What are your plans?
VaccaRabite
Bob, why not drive down with matt and I from Frederick on Friday afternoon?
william1764
QUOTE(william1764 @ Sep 10 2010, 06:26 PM)

... Hoping to make it out to ECC next weekend. I'd be coming out 70 thru Frederick - anyone else leaving out of Frederick?

see the official ECC thread; Mike S (Silver Spring), saigon 71 (Dillsburg), and me (Vienna) have a common route to Cumberland starting at Frederick and Hagerstown. Sat morn departure.

Thats when I plan on leaving - sat am. where in frederick will you hook up? I'm 20 minutes east of frederick off rt.70
william1764
QUOTE(william1764 @ Sep 13 2010, 05:02 AM) *

... Hoping to make it out to ECC next weekend. I'd be coming out 70 thru Frederick - anyone else leaving out of Frederick?

see the official ECC thread; Mike S (Silver Spring), saigon 71 (Dillsburg), and me (Vienna) have a common route to Cumberland starting at Frederick and Hagerstown. Sat morn departure.

Thats when I plan on leaving - sat am. where in frederick will you hook up? I'm 20 minutes east of frederick off rt.70

Hoping to hook up with caravan out of Frederick area on Saturday morning. I'm flexible - time and location?
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(william1764 @ Sep 13 2010, 06:06 AM) *

Hoping to hook up with caravan out of Frederick area on Saturday morning. I'm flexible - time and location?

I'm on for the caravan on Saturday morning. How about meeting at Beckley's in Frederick? The store on Rt. 15 north of exit 16 (Motter Ave./Oppossumtown Rd.) I'm game for whatever time folks want to meet in Frederick.
william1764
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 13 2010, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(william1764 @ Sep 13 2010, 06:06 AM) *

I'm on for the caravan on Saturday morning. How about meeting at Beckley's in Frederick? The store on Rt. 15 north of exit 16 (Motter Ave./Oppossumtown Rd.) I'm game for whatever time folks want to meet in Frederick.

That works for me. I am also flexible regarding the time...whatever the group decides I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
type47
Saturday caravan; how about:
8:15 leave Vienna
9:00 leave Frederick
9:45 leave Hagerstown
11:00 arrive Cumberland
VaccaRabite
Went for a short drive and most of the popping is gone. Not all, but most. Looks like all I need to do is wash and wax and gas and go.

Zach
plas76targa
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 13 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Jim - i trust you know Zach, Scotty and I are heading to ECC on Friday. See you there on Sat!
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 13 2010, 04:56 PM) *

Jim - i trust you know Zach, Scotty and I are heading to ECC on Friday. See you there on Sat!

Yes. Did you decide to camp or hotel? I packed the tent and bag in the trunk today.
VaccaRabite
We are going to be splitting a room, I think.

I have never doen an AX before, and am not sure I put my car in the correct class when I signed up. I went into DSP. Was this the right place for my car?
MikeSpraggi

Jim, I think Saigon71 wanted to make the start of the AX at 10 am. I wouldn't mind an earlier start also if possible.
MikeSpraggi
Ok, so how do I register for the picnic only?
type47
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 14 2010, 03:21 AM) *

I printed out the flyer on the first page and mailed a check.
How about 1/2 hr (or 45 min) earlier?
type47
icon_bump.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 13 2010, 08:41 AM) *

Bob, why not drive down with matt and I from Frederick on Friday afternoon?

Zach, got a family function Friday...but plan on being there early on Sat. Catch you & Matt then.
saigon71
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 14 2010, 06:47 AM) *

Jim, I think Saigon71 wanted to make the start of the AX at 10 am. I wouldn't mind an earlier start also if possible.

Flexible with times, so a little earlier works fine.
scotty b
I may have a slight problem. I found my trunk monkey dead yesterday. Apparently he overdosed on a can of ether I had in the trunk. Not sure when or if I will have the funeral.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 15 2010, 07:09 AM) *

I may have a slight problem. I found my trunk monkey dead yesterday. Apparently he overdosed on a can of ether I had in the trunk. Not sure when or if I will have the funeral.

Was it a ninja trunk monkey?
angerosa
Won't be able to make it this year guys. Have kids soccer on Saturday. I would miss it but it's only the second week. Have fun!
zymurgist
I won't be able to make it... I've got 2 cars down and they are the ones that would be the best for an autox. FML
VaccaRabite
I know you were having starter issues with the Vette, whats going on with the 911?

Zach
zymurgist
Clutch cable... I could probably do it in a couple of hours if I can find the time. I'm emotionally spent right now and don't feel like wrenching on broken things.
VaccaRabite
Bummer.

Drive the Acura and hang out with us and party in the afternoon. Cumberland is not very far from Hagarstown - can't be over an hour from where you reside.

Zach
type47
Wait a minute, Ken. Didn't you get a motorcycle recently idea.gif
zymurgist
hahaha, yes I did. It turns into a pumpkin at dusk, and I do not ride after imbibing.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:37 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 14 2010, 03:21 AM) *

I printed out the flyer on the first page and mailed a check.
How about 1/2 hr (or 45 min) earlier?

OK, 45 min earlier. So we leave Frederick at 8:15 AM.

Can I pay for the picnic at the event? ...... anyone???
type47
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 15 2010, 07:29 AM) *

OK, 45 min earlier. So we leave Frederick at 8:15 AM.

Can I pay for the picnic at the event? ...... anyone???

Question best answered by a PM to Bill or other event organizer.

Do you think we can do a "rolling" meeting of cars in the caravan? (Join the driving/rolling caravan so we don't have to stop and wait, time schedule is tight). I still have your phone # is it's still 240-893-xxxx. Mine's the same from last ECC biggrin.gif
scotty b
[quote name='hot_shoe914' date='Sep 15 2010, 04:33 AM' post='1371028']
sunglasses.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 15 2010, 07:09 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]
Was it a ninja trunk monkey?
[/quote]

Apparently I got a junkie trunk monkey, we found 3 syringes under the spare tire as well. I feel I am partially to blame as I never saw the warning signs sad.gif
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 15 2010, 07:13 AM) *

... and I do not ride after imbibing.

Implying that you do DRIVE after imbibing... stirthepot.gif How about catching a ride as we drive by Hagerstown (return trip to be arranged, though)
type47
sunglasses.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 15 2010, 08:07 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I feel I am partially to blame as I never saw the warning signs sad.gif
[/quote]

Should be hard to hide a "situation" from friends biggrin.gif You sure the syringes weren't for cc'ing heads? I mean, were there needles on the syringes shades.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 15 2010, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 15 2010, 07:13 AM) *

... and I do not ride after imbibing.

Implying that you do DRIVE after imbibing... stirthepot.gif How about catching a ride as we drive by Hagerstown (return trip to be arranged, though)

Are you with the early morning group? Don't know if I would want to join that one as I don't do mornings... my first choice would be to follow 144 as much as possible from Hancock, Flintstone, etc. and avoid 70/68 as much as possible.
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 15 2010, 12:01 PM) *

.... and avoid 70/68 as much as possible.

What is traffic like on rt 70 West bound near Hagerstown about 9-10am on Sat morn?
zymurgist
Should be light and fast. I don't know where the cops hang out since I drive mostly from exit 35 (Md.66) to I-270 or to US 29.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.