Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official East Coast Cookout 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VaccaRabite
BUMP!

Tomorrow I will be heading off to meet with Scott and Matt and drive to the ECC!
plas76targa
Zach, Scotty, what time do you guys plan on arriving in Frederick?

I'm thinking we depart west before 2 pm - we can take backroads for fun if you want (at least to Hagarstown) then easy cruise to Cumberland.
VaccaRabite
I plan on leaving my house at noon. Which should get me to your place sometime between 1:30 and 2. I could be convinced to leave at 11, moving the time line up an hour. Just need to get a little more on the ball Friday morning.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 16 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Zach, Scotty, what time do you guys plan on arriving in Frederick?

I'm thinking we depart west before 2 pm - we can take backroads for fun if you want (at least to Hagarstown) then easy cruise to Cumberland.

The best roads are beyond Hancock.

Latest status for me is a possible software build on Saturday. FML
plas76targa
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 16 2010, 09:50 AM) *

I plan on leaving my house at noon. Which should get me to your place sometime between 1:30 and 2. I could be convinced to leave at 11, moving the time line up an hour. Just need to get a little more on the ball Friday morning.

Zach

Stay with you're first plan. See you before two pm. Scotty?
Bill Smith
you can pay for botth or iether the picnic or the autoX at the event - earlier the better
scotty b
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 16 2010, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 16 2010, 09:50 AM) *

Zach

Stay with you're first plan. See you before two pm. Scotty?

I'm going to try and get there around noon.

I........ have.......... a.............. plan.............. idea.gif
type47
. icon_bump.gif
Started prepping on Thursday after work
Click to view attachment
Front trunk has a little more space
Click to view attachment
Rear trunk has alot more space left smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Package arrived about 10 am Friday smilie_pokal.gif
Click to view attachment
Footwell filled (say that 10 times quickly!) cooler not shown
Click to view attachment
saigon71
I plan to be on the road by 7:15 tomorrow. Catch everyone there.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 17 2010, 07:54 AM) *

. icon_bump.gif
Started prepping on Thursday after work

Always good to caravan with Jim, he carries a spare car worth of parts in his car biggrin.gif
BTW first I've seen of the garage, it looks awesome!!!

Take lots of pictures for me!

Note to all: anyone know of a known-good 3.2 engine for cheap?
I'm looking at a 2.7 for conversion and it's a good price, only a known good 3.2 for under $5k will change my mind...

beer3.gif one for me this weekend!
VaccaRabite

Matt Scott and I are intoxicated bit in Cumberland nae have drunk dialed mike and shamed him into comming b woot b see everyone tommlrrow.

Zach
scotty b
zach drunk, me good, Matt sore, Mike show 2morrow good night allzzz. HEY ZACH LEAVE BUTT ALONE !!!
VaccaRabite
Up. A little hung over. Ready to start the day. See everyone soon.
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 17 2010, 11:29 PM) *

zach drunk, me good, Matt sore, Mike show 2morrow good night allzzz. HEY ZACH LEAVE BUTT ALONE !!!

How's the butt today?
jimkelly
weather looks great!

have lots o fun!

i got a client to meet in townsend de today at 5:30pm.

hate missing an ecc but gotta pay the bills.

peace out,

jim

slackin' at work
have a good time guys. tried to make it work but it's just a little too far this year for me to make it in the time I have today.

drink one (3) for me! beer3.gif
hot_shoe914
Have fun guys and be safe going and coming. piratenanner.gif
zymurgist
I might be able to make it for a while, assuming I can get this software out the door... 2 consecutive builds on scheduled days off... I would bitch a lot more but I just took off to spend a week in Florida.
Dr Evil
At work. Hung over. Plan to go home, sleep, and drive down for a while.

So, who won at hide the pickle?
VaccaRabite
Great fuching day! Sooooo tired. I took some pictures but will have to post them tomorrow. We had ~10 teeners and mikes bus. Inonly have my cell phone pics as I forgot my real camera at home.
slackin' at work
can't wait for the pics... and stories.

type47
First, you want to see the cars so here is a shot.
Click to view attachment
right to left: plas76targa, Vacca Rabite, william1746, type47, Mike Spraggi, Larry?
Excellent weather weekend. Scenic overlook on 70 W. Had a great drive out to Cumberland; Interstate all the way.
Click to view attachment
I got "lost" in Cumberland and came across a steam locomotive warming up for an afternoon run.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Arrived at the airport where the Harvest Moon autocross was held.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
type47
ECC this year was a picnic with the other autocrossers at a beautiful farm. Here's scottyb, Mike Spraggi and Dr Evil
Click to view attachment
type47 and saigon71
Click to view attachment
Vacca Rabite, plas76targa and william1764
Click to view attachment
A contest is open for the best caption for these pictures;
something about Dr Evil and a REALLY BIG COCK!
Click to view attachment
something about not being able to tell which is the bigger pile of manure!?
Click to view attachment
Parting shot
Click to view attachment
Arrived home noon-ish. Had a great late summer weather drive from Cumberland through Romney, WV to Winchester, VA and Rt 50 home.
type47
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
On the way to and just outside Cumberland, I was driving W and saw this car on the shoulder E-bound. Left my cell number.
Click to view attachment
scotty b
My camera was almost full with work pics,so I only got a few with it. I have several more pics on my phone but my cable is at the shop dry.gif The Vetes ALL belong to the parties host drooley.gif BIG time Vette guru. And yes, they are as perfect as they look. By the time we got to the party I realized I HAD to delete some pics. I hope I got rid of the right ones unsure.gif BTW the
flared yellow 914 in on eof Jims pics is our hosts car, Bill Smith. Turned some quick times with it and some quicker times with his Locost aktion035.gif Hopefully someone got pics of Steve Lutz's car too. His was damn fast around the track !! driving.gif
scotty b
mo
scotty b
I think it's clear from Matts stance as to who LOST hide the pickle the night before lol-2.gif
scotty b
drooley.gif drooley.gif
scotty b
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif wub.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif

I can almost hear Ken cursing himself right now laugh.gif
scotty b
huh.gif I caught Mike a little before or after Jim did blink.gif
scotty b
That's all I have until I bring my phone cord home. Hopefully someone got some pics of " Bendover Bills " rolleyes.gif car VERY nice one first.gif
type47
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 19 2010, 01:26 PM) *

Hopefully someone got pics of Steve Lutz's car too.

Best I could get. 2L -4 was very fast!
Click to view attachment
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 19 2010, 05:38 PM) *

I can almost hear Ken cursing himself right now laugh.gif

I got free around 3:00 but I didn't know where to go. "Some guys' house" seemed a little too nondescript for me to drive an hour and look around.
VaccaRabite
Sorry Ken, we did not get directions to the picnic site until we were at the airport while the races were packing up. Could have called though. You would have loved it the most... There were one of a kind vetts in his collection. Totally sick.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 19 2010, 07:34 PM) *

Could have called though.

*ahem*

check your messages
VaccaRabite
My pictures. I did not take many as I managed to leave my good camera at home, and all I had was my iPod. So they could have been a lot better...

IPB Image
Matt, Scott and I head west Friday afternoon (scott is behind me in his 944)

IPB Image
Bill Smith (who put this all together, and totally rocked) found us in our hotel - even though he did not know our names or our room numbers, only that we were there and which hotel and brought us a cooler full of beer. Holy smokes. So this, plus what matt brough, plus drafts at dinner... Friday night was a good night.

IPB Image
Scott rehydrating Sat. Morning.

IPB Image
Matt - here to be known only as "Dudedad" is in his autocross shirt and hat. They match his car.

IPB Image
Our three cars at the hotel Sat morning, as they warmed up a little. Was cool watching the fog blow in over the mountains.

IPB Image
My car, warming up in the pre-grid area. We got 6 run each. 4 heats. 100 cars competed on Saturday. TTOD was between a MONSTER Subaru and a Formula Ford. I came in at 81 out of 86. Not bad for my first time, and with an instructor on all my runs. Okay, its pretty bad, but I had a really good time. There were 14 cars that signed up not to be timed officially, so my placing was only against the cars racing.

Scott was a second faster then me in his 944, and I was a second faster then Matt.

More pics next post.
Zach

VaccaRabite
IPB Image
After we drunk dialed Mike Friday, how could he NOT have come over? Mike is talking to William - probably about his huge cock.

IPB Image
Matt and Jim in one of the Dr's shops. I can only hope to one day have a shop so well stocked. WOW.

IPB Image
This Anyesque photo of Scott and Bob and Mike's belly presented to you by dolts who leave good camera's at home.

IPB Image
We let Mike move his bus into the picture zone. I wish we could have gotten Smith's can and Steve's car in the picture too.

IPB Image
We crashed pretty hard Sat night. The air mattress the Matt brought was leaky. Sinceit was flat anyhow, Scott pulled it out from under himself to use as a blanket when he got cold.

IPB Image
Matt and I driving home. Scott stayed on 68 to head south, but since Matt and I were both headed to rt 15, we drove together. I took this picture are Big Pool Md is one of my most favorite places in the state. Great campground at Fort Frederick state park. So many memories there.

Thats what I have got.

I look forward to seeing William's pictures, and the rest of the pics that Scott can get off his camera.

Zach
Dr Evil
The one of the bus didnt show up...
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 19 2010, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 19 2010, 07:34 PM) *

Could have called though.

*ahem*

check your messages

D'oh! sorry man.

Zach
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2010, 07:10 PM) *

The one of the bus didnt show up...

i think i fixed it.
william1764
Enjoyed it gents beer.gif - it was great to put faces with the screen names. Thanks to Bill Smith for all his efforts. While the corvette museum was impressive, the food spread at the BBQ was friggin' outstanding chowtime.gif

i'll try to get my pics posted tonight. i got a bunch of the zack, scotty and bill racing...sorry matt, i was cone boy during your heat and didn't get any pics of your run.

now if we can only get a "smiley" of dr evil mounting a rooster idea.gif
okieflyr
Thanks for the pics Zach, I really wish that I could have been there cause it looked to be alot of fun! I do hope to make the event next year, and hopefully with a good 914 showing.
william1764
here are some pics. unfortunatey i lost a bunch...not sure how, nowhere to be found confused24.gif

Below - Bill Smith and Zach

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

plas76targa
Great photo's guys! This was one, nice, event! Cudo's to our host's Steve Lutz and Bill Smith! Thankyou for inviting us! This was different than our 'usual' ECC's but like anything in life it's what you make of it. Although our group was small we had a ton of fun! You 'fence sitters' missed a great time.

This group we raced with holds an AX every month from spring to fall. Each event is a two day outing, Sat and Sunday, AND the picnic is each event too! Now that I've seen the venue we could easily camp at the airport both nights. I suggest we ask to join them once again next year. Maybe not as the ECC but perhaps another event in their schedule. Stay tuned!
VaccaRabite
Scott and I had such a great time this weekend that we bought a AX prepped 914 tub last night. screwy.gif

driving.gif driving.gif

Zach
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 20 2010, 08:21 AM) *

Scott and I had such a great time this weekend that we bought a AX prepped 914 tub last night. screwy.gif

driving.gif driving.gif

Zach

Now you are really going to need a GoPro camera Zach. poke.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 20 2010, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 20 2010, 08:21 AM) *

driving.gif driving.gif

Zach

Now you are really going to need a GoPro camera Zach. poke.gif

I'm still trying to figure out where to come up with the seed money. Luckily the price for the tub was cheap enough that I can pull it out of my tax stash and have it replenished by april. Trying not to dip into credit cards on this at all. We shall see.

Zach
zymurgist
You're not really married until you hear the wife say, "You bought WHAT?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.