Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Steel Flare Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
snakemain
Brown Santa made another visit to me yesterday as well. smile.gif Haven't had a chance to open the box and check them out yet.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:25 PM) *

confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif

very soon do not be glum!
mepstein
Worth the wait. Both flares and rockers are top notch in quality and appearance.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Here is the latest, tim just sent this to me.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 12:28 PM
To: Accounting
Subject: RE: flares

We are rubber padding the last hit in the press for the rear flares. Those
will be done late today. Then the rear flares need to flanged at the
bottom and cleaned. This takes two people two days to finish. We should
have them all finished and ready to ship by late Wednesday or Thursday
this week. The rear flares take considerably longer to do than the front
ones. Longer than I expected for sure. I can drop ship some for you
tomorrow if you need. Thanks, Tim.

Mikey914
I can understand this. It seems takes longer that you would think to get production running. You take your best estimates and even pad a little. The key is the product is top notch. I don't mind waiting a bit for quality work.
hot_shoe914
Cool, maybe my flares and rockers will arrive before I leave for Scotty's. These are going to look so good on my car! aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2010, 10:03 AM) *

Cool, maybe my flares and rockers will arrive before I leave for Scotty's. These are going to look so good on my car! aktion035.gif

I'm jealous Shoe.. congrats...

The next next next project for me will be a flared 914...
mepstein
smile.gif
ghuff
If any of you guys bail on your flares, please sell them to me smile.gif

I am in MD and was stupid not to get in on this before.

Fail on my part, yes I know sad.gif
tomeric914
YES! Brown Santa showed up today with my flares! drunk.gif

Now, where are those rockers... idea.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Apr 9 2010, 06:02 PM) *

YES! Brown Santa showed up today with my flares! drunk.gif

Now, where are those rockers... idea.gif

Brown Santa came to my house today also. Unfortunately I wasn't here and never am when he visits which is why I gave a shipping address to work for my flares and rockers. I guess somebody didn't pay attention and just had them shipped to my house. Takes forever to track them down around here. Probably end up going back to the shipper as I can never be here when they run so I ALWAYS have EVERYTHING shipped to my work. Oh well. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
mepstein
Donald - Sorry there was a mistake on shipping instructions. I made a copy of the letter you sent me but I don't have an address other than the return on the envelope. Hopefully you can call UPS and have them redirect or leave a note authorizing them to leave at house. My apologies. Mark
914coop
Yes, mine showed up yesterday piratenanner.gif Came home last night to a large package on the deck. Will be checking them out latter this morning biggrin.gif
Frost
biggrin.gif My flares came in today, boy was i happy when i walked up to my doorstep to see this nice box sitting there waiting for me! biggrin.gif I still don't have my rockers though. Thanks alot AutoAtlanta!
hot_shoe914
They have tried to deliver mine twice, once more and they go bye bye. Was going to go pick them up but work during their business hours. Short of a miracle mine will be heading back to AA soon. sad.gif
nsyr
I got my flares. i had gotten a set a couple years ago but had to sell do to fund shortage.
The set I just got seem to have more 'ripples' in them. I know a little bit is normal but these seem to me fairly significant. I don't recall my last set have any. Any thoughts on this?
tomeric914
QUOTE(nsyr @ Apr 16 2010, 10:59 AM) *

The set I just got seem to have more 'ripples' in them. I know a little bit is normal but these seem to me fairly significant. I don't recall my last set have any. Any thoughts on this?

Mine have ripples in them as well. Nothing that can't be fixed but I was expecting them to be smoother from what I had heard. Keep in mind that the factory flares had ripples as well.
Zardozz
I got mine yesterday. YEA!!

Rockers are still incoming.
scotty b
sad.gif
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(nsyr @ Apr 16 2010, 10:59 AM) *

Mine have ripples in them as well. Nothing that can't be fixed but I was expecting them to be smoother from what I had heard. Keep in mind that the factory flares had ripples as well.

They all do. Unfortunately that is a result of the stamping process sad.gif
cpe
So how do you "iron" out or cover up these ripples?
SirAndy
QUOTE(cpe @ May 3 2010, 09:23 PM) *

So how do you "iron" out or cover up these ripples?

bondo ...
hot_shoe914
Is there anybody out there waiting still other than me. Received Flares well over a month ago but still waiting on rockers.

Shoe
tomeric914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 31 2010, 11:45 PM) *

Is there anybody out there waiting still other than me. Received Flares well over a month ago but still waiting on rockers.

Check with Mia at Auto Atlanta. My flares and rockers came in April. The rockers had a corrected address on them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.