Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR Event Ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
Oh yeah. I'll do that tomorrow too. biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
What do we have lined up for trophies/awards for the show and shine?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 23 2010, 02:04 PM) *

I have an idea. I will take a picture and if you guys like it I will contact her for pricing.
McMark
BEER STEINS!!!
RoadGlue
^^^^^

Brilliant!
ConeDodger
Yup! You guys were thinking along the same lines as me. We have a gal here in Sac who is a PCA member who has a company called Reflections in Glass. She does all the awards for PCA-SVR and she may be able to do a bunch of Beer Stiens that we can sell as well as awards for the People's Choice, Photo Rally, "That Guy" and perhaps even member vendor thank you's for those that donated goodies...

Her work for PCA is freakin' beautiful.
ConeDodger
Tech quiz?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 23 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Very rough estimate for beer steins sand blasted with 914World and WCR2010 would be about $20 each. As the quantity goes up, the price goes down...

Vendor is Reflections in Glass and she provides all the awards for PCA Sac Valley Region.
biosurfer1
I think should easily have enough for 6-7 so far and I know there are still quite a few people who haven't registered.
ConeDodger
Our artwork is here...

I will forward the files to Mark as I think it was him who knows a t-shirt guy...
biosurfer1
I had another thought guys...how about a competition in addition to the quiz? i was thinking something like fastest guy to take a apart a gear stack or something to that effect?
ConeDodger
Not that many know how to take apart a gear stack but I catch your drift...
ConeDodger
I notice Scott Detro is registered. We might as well put his name on the People's Choice award right now. That car is as new looking as you will ever see a 914. Remember Mark? He won in Ronhert Park...
ConeDodger
The artwork has been sent to the vendor for the beer mugs. I have spoken with her by phone today and she will have some kind of estimate for me tomorrow...
biosurfer1
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 29 2010, 07:19 AM) *

I notice Scott Detro is registered. We might as well put his name on the People's Choice award right now. That car is as new looking as you will ever see a 914. Remember Mark? He won in Ronhert Park...

not so sure Rob...isn't Paul coming? I'm not saying Scott's car isn't nice, but people seem to be pretty obsessed with Paul's car when they take a ride.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 29 2010, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 29 2010, 07:19 AM) *

not so sure Rob...isn't Paul coming? I'm not saying Scott's car isn't nice, but people seem to be pretty obsessed with Paul's car when they take a ride.

Paul is not up to registering and spending days up there. He plans on dropping in and spending a few hours. I doubt he would register for that. It would be nice if we could get him to bring the car and display it along with the 10 or so Excellence articles and that had been my plan before he faceplanted into a tree at 40 mph while skiing. He still gets major bouts of dizziness and his eyes don't track as fast as his head will turn. I suspect Paul will start to improve rapidly or plateau and not get much better soon. Let's hope for the former...
jcd914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I had another thought guys...how about a competition in addition to the quiz? i was thinking something like fastest guy to take a apart a gear stack or something to that effect?

Fastest up on jack stands, every 914 owner should have that down!

I was going to suggest up on the stands and then off the stands but who has taken one off?

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 30 2010, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Fastest up on jack stands, every 914 owner should have that down!

I was going to suggest up on the stands and then off the stands but who has taken one off?

Jim

Maybe a contest for who owns the most 914's that don't run? Oh wait, Jim would win that easily... poke.gif shades.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Yesterday I received a package with an umbrella cover from Perry Kiehl and about 25 or more business cards with a 10% off coupon affixed to the back. I had instructed him to mail to Original Customs but I guess he must have my address on file from something I bought from him a couple years back.

Yopu will be giving away as many Matchbox 914's as she can find, so far 17, and T-Shirts provided she gets admin approval on the design. Sent to McMark yesterday...

I updated the sponsor thread with pics of the umbrella cover, pics of the Matchbox 914, and the logo for Excellence Magazine.

Pete Stout PM's me in the background and emails me at home quite often and he tells me that he and McMark have talked and the back issue packages are ready for pick up.

Mark,
How much trouble would it be for you to create a banner ad type thing for each of the sponsors that don't have one? StoneMan Restoration Products, 914 Network, and maybe others?
McMark
I talked with Pete. That's settled.

Banner ads are a maybe. I'm just slammed right now, so it took me a week to get time to make the MUSR banner that's running now.
RoadGlue
I can make a few banner ads. I just need to know how to get peoples' logos, etc.
RoadGlue
And it might not hurt to ask those vendors if they already have their own banners, or if they'd be willing to make them. Some people are totally capable... most aren't. smile.gif
McMark
I'd rather see the drive route finalized and printable. wink.gif poke.gif
RoadGlue
No problem. What format would you like that in?
McMark
TeX
RoadGlue
Vi, TeX... sheesh, i kill you!

how about DOC or PDF? smile.gif
McMark
Oh, yeah those work too. tongue.gif

I sent of a quote request for the shirts. I realized we need to jump on that NOW. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.