Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I made some more emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RJMII
Clay...

Got some input on your 2.4? What adjustments would you like to see made?
'73-914kid
Have you thought of polishing the emblems like you have (they look great btw) and then masking off the polished letters and soda blasting the recessed parts to allude to the original texture that was there? I think it'd look pretty good with a difference in the texture...
Bleyseng
Here is a rare 6, a 914-S emblem.
underthetire
biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 14 2010, 06:36 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Outstanding!
Mike Knox
icon_bump.gif

I got my polished 3.2 and NARP emblems today. They are EXCELLENT!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I just completed the new burgundy synthetic leather dash inset on my 914-6 3.2, so the NARP emblem will go on the glove box cover. The polished aluminum will look great on the burgundy. The Getty dash and the lower dash (knee-kick) are finished in Gray synthetic leather.

The 3.2 goes on the GT Grill. happy11.gif

As soon as they are mounted I'll send you some pictures.

Thanks again!! aktion035.gif

Mike
RJMII
Jeff and Mike,

I'm glad you got them and are pleased! It's good to see the NARP on the back end of a car. biggrin.gif

Here are the ones going out either in the morning, or on Monday morning.

The 914-GT is going to Japan!
underthetire
Pleased hell ! I had to drag the neighbor over to check it out. These are really quite nice. Good craftsmanship BTW.
Rleog
Way cool. Nicely done.
charliew
Jim I got mine, Thanks it looks good!
Charlie
PThompson509
These are all really cool. I'd like one that says "914 EV" since I no longer have any of that pesky gasoline in my car now. smile.gif piratenanner.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 14 2010, 09:55 PM) *

Pleased hell ! I had to drag the neighbor over to check it out. These are really quite nice. Good craftsmanship BTW.

Thanks Jeff!

I'm working on a few more emblems this week... I'll post pictures when I get them finished. biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
RJMII
While playing Stay At Home Dad this week...

Thoughts on the bar underneath for the longer words?

It would be reversed, where the letters are carved out to the same depth as the area between the letters and the area between the letters and the bottom bar. So, using Charlie's Turbo Hybrid as an example, it would read "TURBO HYBRID" across the bottom.
MoveQik
Hey Jim,

How wide is the 914-6 emblem? I might need one if I can get spacing to look right. biggrin.gif
RJMII
They are just over 6.5 inches. 6.561 ish... give or take a couple of .001's of an inch.
RJMII
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ May 18 2010, 07:51 AM) *

These are all really cool. I'd like one that says "914 EV" since I no longer have any of that pesky gasoline in my car now. smile.gif piratenanner.gif

Yours is going out in the mail today! I went through 3 of them trying to get it perfect. biggrin.gif Let me know when it gets there?

VaccaRabite
Hah! Dig the lens flare on the "EV"

Zach
RJMII
That was a total fluke, too! I did that with my BlackBerry, and couldn't get it to do it again after wiping the fuzz off of the emblem.

edit: I figured it out. biggrin.gif
RJMII
I've been busy. biggrin.gif hooray for good health!
These are just off the mill and trimmed. I haven't polished them yet, I still have a handful more to cut out and then I will be taking them out to my parents's place (or buying a polisher setup of my own towards the end of the week).
moparrob
Have you made any 3.0 emblems yet?

Any pics?

Thanks
Dr Evil
He made me a 3.1 smile.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(moparrob @ Apr 26 2011, 07:43 PM) *

Have you made any 3.0 emblems yet?

Any pics?

Thanks

I've made several 3.2 emblems. I imagine it would look cross between a 3.2 and a 2.0... I will dig up pics of the 3.2 and put them in this thread.
RJMII
Here you go, tail end of Wills' car. (thank you, Mike, for the picture)

I'll have another set of these done tomorrow for the Blue Sky guy. (Mr Castro).
RJMII
and his emblem just after I finished polishing it.
Gint
Jim you need to post a pic(s) of your work in the first post of the thread.
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I see mine. Yay!
914 1.3T
RJMII
Thank you, Gint. smile.gif Got it done!

Thought you'd like to see that, Mike!
sawtooth
Looking good Jim, I see my 2.5 in there. aktion035.gif So will the "914" emblem come with it or is that extra?
Richard Casto
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 26 2011, 09:57 PM) *

Here you go, tail end of Wills' car. (thank you, Mike, for the picture)

I'll have another set of these done tomorrow for the Blue Sky guy. (Mr Castro).

Thanks! Just PM me when you are done.

Richard
RJMII
QUOTE(sawtooth @ Apr 27 2011, 02:32 AM) *

Looking good Jim, I see my 2.5 in there. aktion035.gif So will the "914" emblem come with it or is that extra?

Dean, the 914 pictured above your 2.5 is Ken for when he sells his tail dragger, and is indeed extra. smile.gif

Thanks! Just PM me when you are done.

Richard

Richard,

Will do!
RJMII
I have two more designs here waiting for approval from the group.

What think ye of the LE?

the 3.0 is good to go, it has the same dimmensions as all of the others.
John
How much are these?

I want a 914-6 and a 3.2

RJMII
914-6 is $50 and a 3.2 is $30. My signature now has a link to pricing/member vendor thread. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107744

any thoughts on the LE design? Does it need narrower, further spacing? I think it looks good, but value others' input.
Mike Bellis
I think the LE looks cool, but... I don't think anyone would dare put one on their LE.
RJMII
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 2 2011, 08:34 PM) *

I think the LE looks cool, but... I don't think anyone would dare put one on their LE.

It was/is a custom request. smile.gif Since the PM system doesn't seem to allow pictures, I post the drawings here for the recipient to evaluate if I dont have their email address.

Yours will be going out on Thursday BTW. The whole stack in the picture and then some are going out on Thursday, actually.
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif
kid914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 22 2010, 07:13 PM) *

I'm really starting to get the hang of this little cnc setup I've got.

...edit:

I've been getting a lot of suggestions in my threads for emblems. I'm not sure if some of them are suggestions or actual requests. Thank you for all of the suggestions. smile.gif

This thread was intended to share what I've milled for scripts and share ideas for drawings, etc.

If you'd like an emblem, there are a couple of different ways to let me know you are serious; first and obvious one; send a paypal payment with what you'd like, and I will send you a drawing for your approvale (esoteric(at) bresnan.net). Send a PM to me with your request, an agreement to pay when completed, and then I will send drawings to you for approval.

I have a garage now. smile.gif
The milling stuff is helping fund my therapy 914 project.

The process of milling:
First, I draw the emblem in my CAD software, this takes me 15 minutes to 4 hours, depending on how many changes are necessary and how much it varies from one that has been done previously.
Next I take it to the mill.
I mill the outer parameter of each digit, between each digit, the insides of each digit. This takes between 25 minutes to an hour to make sure the sides are smooth and that the depths are correct.
When the emblem comes off of the mill, I take the burrs of with a small file set. I then sand the face and back of the mill with 600 grit sand paper that is on a flat surface. This takes the glaze off of the aluminum. Sanding usually takes about 5 minutes.
Next is the polishing. The polishing wheel gets the rouge/polishing compound applied, and the emblem is held onto a paint stick to keep it from bending. The polishing process takes between 5 and 20 minutes, depending on how large the emblem is.
The emblem gets checked over at each stage by either me or my wife, or both of us, and we criticize it. As we've learned what to look for from feedback from the first ones that went out, we know more what to look for and the adjustments that have been required to improve the emblems.

I think I'm ready to start a thread in the 'member vendors' section with all of the above info now; thank you to everyone who has purchased and contributed to my learning process and improvement of the emblems.

How much? Would be interested in a 914 gt badge.
RJMII
914-GT badge is $60 + shipping.
seanery
I'd be up for a 914-GT and a 2.5 if its still possible before you quit.

thanks!
-sean

*edit* PayPal sent
pete000
I am interested in a 2.5

How do I get one??
RJMII
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 23 2012, 10:28 PM) *

I am interested in a 2.5

How do I get one??

send me a PM with your shipping information.

2.5 would be $38 shipped. I will give you specific payment information via PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.