Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
ChrisFoley
Mary and I are approaching Sacramento now so we'll be there in a couple of hours or so.
Stopped at HPH earlier today.
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Andyrew
F your sushi, below is my "bad ass" pizza and "bad ass" 10% beer from The Brewery
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 13 2010, 05:33 PM) *

Looks like the Conedodger needs some dodging practice. sad.gif

Nope. I was no where near that rock. I drove my 4Runner up with lots of WCR2010 swag to give away. jcd914 drove my 914. We have SirAndy's permission to change Jim's screen name to RockHopper. No one will be banned for this...

I found out because I called McMark to find out how far out the caravan was. He said they were by Kirkwood and that SirAndy had cut a tire and someone else had hit a rock and bent a tie rod. I came to the conclusion that it was probably someone elses 914. Then, someone was handing around their iPhone with this thread and I saw a picture of a bunch of people standing around the front of my car! I sent Mark a text and asked. Why are all those people standing around my car? Mark sent back a text that said "Jim owes you a wheel" The tire store fixed it for free and I met Sammy Hagar's son Aaron Hagar who manages Cabo Wabo here. He is a real car guy and was driving a Carrera C4. He may drop by the parking lot over the weekend to help us drink drunk.gif

But no, while I take every opportunity to practice conedodging, that was not me...
Valy
On my way
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 13 2010, 04:07 PM) *

IPB Image

av-943.gif

How many Teeners does it take to change a flat!!??
lol-2.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 13 2010, 09:32 PM) *

IPB Image

You guys should get all the 914's there at some point in front of Harvey's & bring out the General Manager on the pretence of a Group Picture, then point out what a wonderful promotional opportunity they lost out on, by sticking you all out in the "back 40 lot", instead of on the parking structure for the press & guests to drooley.gif ogle over!

I cannot believe that their Events Manager pucked that up so badly - especially with as bad as things are for hotels in the current economy!!?? dry.gif

They should've made it front & center then promoted the shit out of it to get the public to see some nice vintage 914s!

Of course, then you'd all have to behave yourselves, so ......... biggrin.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
I got here around 11pm, what is the schedule tomorrow, Friday. Is there a signin?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ May 14 2010, 12:37 AM) *

I got here around 11pm, what is the schedule tomorrow, Friday. Is there a signin?

There is no sign-in. We will be meeting by the cars around 0830 and around 0900 we will have a drivers-meeting then Loop-The-Lake Tour. The drive should last about 3 Hours. Then lunch is on your own and we reconvene in the parking lot at 1400 or so. Tech sessions will begin two at a time - so you need to choose which concurrent session you want to attend. There will be three concurrent sessions. One on oil cooling, one on string alignment, one on Porsche wheels, one on brakes, one on using an O2 sensor to tune, and I forget the last one... dinner is on your own and liver and kidney function testing will occur in the parking lot pretty much continuously until the last one of us wanders off...

On the subject of the lot. We were given a choice and this is what we chose. The hotel didn't mess up. It is beautiful - quiet - and natural out in that lot. A big plus is we are not bothering civilized people.
mtndawg
Which direction are you driving around the lake? I'm headed up the hill right now from Sac. I might jump into the group from Tahoe City or Emerald Bay.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 14 2010, 01:27 AM) *

IPB Image

So I guess that was the end of the beer and everyone crawled off to their rooms after that. confused24.gif
We walked out to join the party around 11 and found nothing but a few red cups on the ground and 9 914s. For some reason the engine lid was open on the creamsicle on the trailer.

Whats everyone doing for breakfast? chowtime.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 13 2010, 11:58 PM) *

QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 13 2010, 04:07 PM) *

IPB Image

av-943.gif

How many Teeners does it take to change a flat!!??
lol-2.gif

Where is my Valance? poke.gif
Joe Bob
Due to logistics and whatever, I won't be up until late this evening.....11:30pm or later......if anyone is still up, give me a text or a call..... 775-345-5628.

I have a room at Harvey's......dunno what number yet.
RoadGlue
Here's the boulder that Jim hit in Conedodger's car. I'll show the video later (this is the highlight!).

JRust
Yeah that rock wasn't the way to kick off WCR sad.gif . Sorry Rob drunk.gif have another beer.

I'm heading down. We'll see how long it takes all the 914 guru's to figure out what wires I have hooked up wrong. I forgot my I am dipshit hat but I am sure they can picture it in there minds mad.gif lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
Awake, head aches, see y'all at 1400. The forgotten session is the one I am doing on transmissions rolleyes.gif

I will spend the morning finishing up the rebuild video notes so I can post later this weekend smile.gif
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Tom_T
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 14 2010, 06:43 AM) *

QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ May 14 2010, 12:37 AM) *

On the subject of the lot. We were given a choice and this is what we chose. The hotel didn't mess up. It is beautiful - quiet - and natural out in that lot. A big plus is we are not bothering civilized people.

OK Rob, I read Mark or someone in the location change topic thread say the event mgr. had messed up or waited too long, so you were more or less stuck with this one. Thanx for clarifying.

BTW - reading this & seeing all the purdy 914s - & the not so purdy ones too biggrin.gif - is giving me real motivation to continue working on my own "lost cause"! laugh.gif

Were you "testing" Arnold's potholes here in CA, or the NV ones when you whacked your wheel?

Interesting tire changing technique - to answer my how many Teeners to change a tire question above, apparently it's 9 if I'm counting right ....

1 to hold the wrench & 8 to rotate the car! av-943.gif

Cheers All! beerchug.gif
G Man
Looks like you guys are in for a good time. I would love to drive up from Carson City to check out the cars. I don't get off work until 6:00 on Fri and Sat. That would get me up to Tahoe around 7:30. Is there going to be anything going on that late?
Justinp71
I'm sure everyone is going to be hanging out till 10-11...
Rand
The good - er - Evil Dr at the gates of Neverland refusing to be flashed...
Hotties of WCR...
Joe's shaken Cazadores in Spunone shot cups...
Amoy king of the snow hill.....
merrill
I was showing a house on North Lake Blvd at 11 am today and the current group drove by! Soooo cool to see 20 or so nice 914's go by in a line! I am still riding my desk and hope to get down there this evening.
AZ914
I have Tahoe envy.
ChrisFoley
One of this afternoon's tech sessions: Eric Shea demonstrated rear brake caliper restoration techniques.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
underthetire
Dam I wish I was going. Soooo close, but gota work.
Joe Bob
OK....what's the agenda tonite? Heading up soon.....
zx-niner
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ May 14 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Or tomorrow's schedule for those of us heading up early in the morning?
KELTY360
QUOTE(zx-niner @ May 14 2010, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Rico Suave @ May 14 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Or tomorrow's schedule for those of us heading up early in the morning?

I heard the cat herding demo begins at first light. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Around 9am we will assemble for the Targa Tahoe drive. This will take a bit longer than todays drive. After that, we will assemble on the lot, give away the swag, give away the awards, have a BBQ. Enjoy each others company for one last night...

The valance will not fit with my tow hooks on the front.

By the way, the car is damaged badly. It isn't just a flat tire. It will require a Cellette Bench to straighten the frame...
underthetire
Dude, that sucks. I was kidding about the valance. Anything I can help with just holler.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 12 2010, 10:42 PM) *

IPB Image

That is just plain, damned wrong. He apparently drinks scotch faster than he drinks beer, but at least his pinky wasn't out on the scotch.
siverson

Hey - there is my old car! Good to see it again. I'm surprised you changed the wheels...

-Steve

QUOTE(WCR 2010 @ May 14 2010, 09:57 AM) *

IPB Image

RoadGlue
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 14 2010, 09:09 PM) *

Around 9am we will assemble for the Targa Tahoe drive. This will take a bit longer than todays drive. After that, we will assemble on the lot, give away the swag, give away the awards, have a BBQ. Enjoy each others company for one last night...

The valance will not fit with my tow hooks on the front.

By the way, the car is damaged badly. It isn't just a flat tire. It will require a Cellette Bench to straighten the frame...

Oops, that's not correct Rob. Here's the official schedule of events for Sat:

Saturday, May 15

Car show, Mountain Drive, Group Dinner and Awards Ceremony
+ 9:30 AM Peoples Choice Car Show, group photo, sell your stuff
+ 2:00 PM – Mountain Goat Drive after lunch, meet at the parking lot. 100 mi/3 hours - come fueled and ready to go. Lots of amazing vistas so bring your camera!
+ 6:00 – Group dinner and awards ceremony – Thanks Andy Mackarness for cooking!
Joe Bob
OK...room 872. Off to late dinner....anybody still up?
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.